• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

SOG Flash II, drop point, no serrations. It's light (light enough to wear with slacks), inexpensive, and does what I need it to do.

Benchmade mini-griptillian in FDE. Hated to plunk the money down for it (my first Benchmade) but it's turned out to be a great EDC.

Kershaw Shuffle in all black. Closest knockoff I can get to the Mantis Tough Tony. I've been pining for that Mantis a while now.

One of the new ZT0920's

Attachments

• photo63225.jpg
    photo63225.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 64
Bought a Ruger branded CRKT knife on black Friday last year for like $20. Spring assisted opening and just a 3" blade. I carry it with me and use it so often I think the anodized finish and CRKT have worn off it. No serration on the blade.

A little 2" Buck that I bought during the Gulf War.
Fits on my key ring, so I'm never without it.
Gave my oldest daughter my pocket folder. It used to belong to my dad and daughter #1 fell in love with it.
How could I say no...
Time for a new clip on I guess

Carried a benchmade auto for a long time that I loved!

Then went over to some of the CRKT offerings (like the tanto points , but no serrations). Easy to sharpen but never held an edge the way I thought they should.

Last three have been Kershaws the JD II model currently. Love this knife, as I like them a bit larger than a lot of folks tend to carry. Very happy with the edge retentions on these knives.

My old friend, a made in USA Kershaw Blur. It goes (and has for several years) everywhere I do. It even almost got me in trouble in a TSA checkpoint once :eek:!
Luckily, the TSA agent was the coolest; took me over to a mailing station and let me mail it to myself.

Benchmade 940-2. I received it for Fathers Day this year from from my kids and it has quickly become my favorite EDC. I still like to carry a Victorinox Cadet along with whatever bigger blade I have on me, the Cadet is very useful for everyday tasks.

Benchmade 580-2 CPM-S30V
Zero Tolerance 0560BLK Elmax

That's what's in my pockets.

Reactions: jff_stvns
Griptillian. I dropped it in a field about 3 years ago birthing a calf(it has been to Afghanistan twice also). I found it last year when the grass was dead, I sent it to benchmade and they made it good as new.

Reactions: Frankly
EDC is a CRKT Mokie.

When I feel fancy I grab the Protech Monaco. Gotta love an auto.

t

After my own experiences I'm kinda surprised to see the overwhelmingly glowing reviews of the bench made brand. I edc carried a mini-barrage 585sbk on and off for about 8 years. I say on and off as the knife had to be sent back to bench made twice for repairs, it's currently on its way back for its third trip as we speak. I don't baby my knives but I don't beat them either and the knife had so much blade play while locked up that it wasn't even safe to use.

Keep in mind that the other knife that shared edc duties during this time frame was a ~$25 CRKT Point guard that hasn't had any problems at all in the same time frame, same user, same duties. Truthfully I also believe that the no-name steel of the CRKT blade held an edge almost as well as the benchmades 154cm blade but seemed to sharpen much easier.

For the price of the two I would say the CRKT is a superior value, maybe a better knife overall. That being said, I'm looking for another knife and I'll be looking at syderco or ZT this time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankly
After my own experiences I'm kinda surprised to see the overwhelmingly glowing reviews of the bench made brand. I edc carried a mini-barrage 585sbk on and off for about 8 years. I say on and off as the knife had to be sent back to bench made twice for repairs, it's currently on its way back for its third trip as we speak. I don't baby my knives but I don't beat them either and the knife had so much blade play while locked up that it wasn't even safe to use.

Keep in mind that the other knife that shared edc duties during this time frame was a ~$25 CRKT Point guard that hasn't had any problems at all in the same time frame, same user, same duties. Truthfully I also believe that the no-name steel of the CRKT blade held an edge almost as well as the benchmades 154cm blade but seemed to sharpen much easier.

For the price of the two I would say the CRKT is a superior value, maybe a better knife overall. That being said, I'm looking for another knife and I'll be looking at syderco or ZT this time around.

I haven't had the mechanical issues you had... I'm sorry to hear about it. But I will say the 154cm blade material is not great in my opinion. I was so impressed with my griptillian folder that I got a Benchmade fixed blade for camping etc. also D2 tool steel. You can fell a tree with it, gut your dinner and slice it after cooking. It doesn't need a touch up for an entire camping trip.

Back in the 80's the Spydeco knives were great. I can't say how the current product line is but it sounds like they are still quite good.

MCU41Ct.jpg Mcusta Katana Folding Knife 3.25" VG10 Damascus Blade, Black and Blue

Last edited:
Benchmade Barrage with a tanto blade has been my EDC for about 5 years. The finish is a bit warn, but it holds an edge extremely well.

Attachments

• photo71036.jpg
    photo71036.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 41
Today it's the ZT0400 and a Lone Wolf/Harsey D2 (pre benchmade).... Back when Lone Wolf still made awesome knives!

Let's see; 3 L.C. 5.56 brass, 1 .17 HMR round, 87 cents, a 4" three blade Schrade Stockman (Made in USA) , some lint, 1/4 full box of Cope....

By the end of the day my knife has a lot of company.

Funny post Nodak!

Thanks. Truth is, sometimes I still fell like I'm 10 years old, pocket full of Super X or Coast to Coast short HP's, Barlow knife, neat rock, etc. Nowadays it's more torx bits, pencils stubs, store receipts, odd screw or bolt. But still a knife, always a knife. Ain't properly dressed without a knife.

Reactions: Terminator2
I was in sales for several years and got out of the habit of daily carrying a knife but back to engineering I'm often looking for one and carrying my Benchnade more often.

But, with a little guy at home I keep it at work.