• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Case mini Trapper with Sambar stag panels. Been my carry knife for years

Well my daily cary isn’t tactical or anything but I’ve tried carrying all kinds of different knives over the years and the best and most practical one I have gone back to that I use constantly is my little case trapper folding knife in a small leather belt sheath just like I had growing up.
Next up for my hard use blade that I first got when I was a commercial diver is my spyderco H1 pacific locking folder. It’s been utterly abused under as hard of conditions as could be and it’s still a great tool.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me I've been meaning to upgrade.

Current answer: Kershaw Kuro (1835TBLKST) Partially Serrated.

Great utility knife that sees a lot of random use at a great price point.

Oh been wanting one of those.....

Today’s blade: Chris Reeves Sebenza

The Yojimbo II has been my EDC for the last few years, it’s retired everything else (Manix, ZT, etc.). It carries so well and has great ergonomics.

Too pretty not to share :)

LRiNt0s.jpg

Benchmade CLA, best auto utility knife I have ever owned!!

Attachments

• photo75573.jpg
    photo75573.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 71
The Yojimbo II has been my EDC for the last few years, it’s retired everything else (Manix, ZT, etc.). It carries so well and has great ergonomics.

Second this. Some of my other knives will get a day here or there. Yojimbo ll is with me 99% of the time.

Well I did some serious searching and settled on a Benchmade Barrage, spring assisted, half serrated. I saw this post again and after browsing thru it seems Benchmade is popular. Lots of great pics of knives too. That cheap Ruko knife I had finally wore out and broke. I got the Fairbain Applegate folder but my daughter talked me out of it. She carries it everywhere.

They are about $100 on ebay right now, thinking about getting another one.

I hope you have some some sort of vetting routine. I almost never buy good blades on eBay or Amazon due to knockoffs. Not saying it’s not worth the risk if you know what you are doing. I’ve sold some on eBay and I usually provides some info like original receipt etc to show authenticy.

Sadly Spyderco is probably the brand you have to watch out for the most. The Chinese have taken counterfeiting them to a high art......

Thanks for the intel....

Shirogorov F3R. I rotate between a few different Shiros, but a ZT0452ti has been sneaking in occasionally of late.

Benchmade 581 Osborne in my pocket for a nice combination of utility and class.

Schrade SCHF55 in my belt (AIWB) for utility and emergencies.

I bought a Benchmade Griptillian 551-1 with the fancy pants CPM-20CV steel and friggin love it. Super sharp and has held an edge quite well.

Unfortunately, my benchmade presidio auto has been MIA for the past two weeks. I was feeling naked without it. Picked up a contego today. Liking it so far but I may need another auto opener.

Al Mar Eagle..I have carried it for more than 20 years, and actually wore out the original blade. I made a replacement blade complete with thumb stud out of 1095 tool steel.

Unfortunately, my benchmade presidio auto has been MIA for the past two weeks. I was feeling naked without it. Picked up a contego today. Liking it so far but I may need another auto opener.

I feel ya. My Benchmade has also disappeared for about two weeks as well. Starting to think I may never see it again. Currently have a smith and wesson on me but will more than likely replace it with perhaps another BM soon.

Used to carrying a Benchmade 710, but in an effort to lighten up my everyday carry, I switched to a Spyderco Delica 4 Flat Ground in plain edge.

BTW I inherited a knife up in Alaska, brought it back - a 1980's or early Green River Skinner.
Handle was carved like the Seahawks logo so I was about to TOSS it....then I read the Green River part.

Well turns out, it was carved in the village by a Native Alaskan (Osprey not Seahawks) up north on Big Lake many many years ago, it is a keep sake. I'll post a pic when I can.

BenchMade Griptilian with the 1/2 serrated blade. Hard steel stays sharp. I use it daily for every unsavory task imaginable. I have gutted wild boar and deer when in a pinch and cut heavy sailboat rigging in an emergency with flawless performance. I especially like the grip (Griptilian get it) as it can’t get slippery. Plus, as a tactical knife, it flicks open like the best of them. For $150 in Cabelas points it can’t be beat.

Reactions: rockdoc
Just picked up my first Medford from MSTN. I would have to say one of the finest i have.

Attachments

• photo83392.jpg
    photo83392.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reactions: Frankly
S&W Black Ops knife. though I need to contact the company that makes them for S&W as part of it broke. still works just harder to get the blade out. makes me wish I had my older one on me instead of lost in my shed.

Picked up a Spyderco Autonomy, nice knife. I don’t plan to use it for EDC, after having a DA OTF it’s hard to go back to a standard auto.

Gift from one of my sons, Ontario Knife Company XM Strike Fighter Auto, someone dumped off Craigslist.
154CM - pretty robust knife actually.
82172E22-51DF-4085-84D9-36F97805E79E.jpeg