• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

My Wilson Combat branded, Elishewitz designed Hogue EX-04.

It is not an automatic but has a push-button lock and a safety lock.

The handle is CNC machined G10 with stainless inserts around the pivot and lock area. It is mostly a closed back, no spacers or liners. When you are holding it, your hand only touches G10 except for the pocket clip, pivot hardware, locks, the Wilson Combat emblem and the three recessed screw heads that hold the handle together. It is very comfortable and clean looking.

The blade is a bit oddly shaped and ground with two hollow grinds and a point that I would rather have more of a clip to. The shape is kind of blunt and for opening boxes it could stand to be a bit more stabby. The edge of the 154CM blade seems to be holding up well, I'm just getting to the point where it might need a touch up but it seems like when I clean the blade it gets sharper, maybe buildup of adhesive is making it feel dull?

I got the knife on clearance from Wilson Combat last year and started carrying it last fall but only upped the usage this year.

It is working very well for me. The only major issue is the pocket clip loosened up on me. I needed a T8 Torx bit to tighten it but it is good now. If it loosens again I will add a thread locker next time.

I have carried some cheap knives but I like to carry some of the higher end factory folders. The Benchmade Emissary was nice but the handle finish wore down pretty quickly. I carried a Spyderco Manix with Grimsmo scales for a few years. That was great but I tried to tune it up and broke the ball bearing lock plastic piece. The Hogue is really nice, the best of the three probably unless you need something small, then the Emissary is they only one that isn't big.

I might fix my Spyderco some day but not to make it a carry piece unless I lose my Hogue. I doubt I'll ever go back to the Emissary unless my Hogue is scaring people in the office.

My normal 2
Swiss Army,,,and Emerson

Attachments

• IMG_20200221_222027057.jpg
    IMG_20200221_222027057.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 65
Any chance that the clip caught on the seatbelt and it fel on the ground? I only ask because that happened to me twice with my emissary back when I had to wear a seat belt working for a former company.

If it had and hit the ground, same thing. Someone in the group saw it, took it, and kept quiet when asked. I checked the ground. Like I said, this was a private event in a controlled access area. No people outside of the group, no driving wherever. So checking the exact same spot of vehicle egress was easy.

I’ve been carrying this Benchmade 940-2 for several years now. It’s been all over the world with me. I’ve purchased many knives in the last few years with the intent on displacing it from my pocket and none have survived. Sometimes you just connect with a piece of kit and for me this knife is one of those pieces .

She’s a bit beat up and I need to learn how to sharpen it properly. She could use a deep carry clip. Not perfect but she still finds her way into my pocket every day.

0DC87EFA-9BD1-4F8F-8F14-489E40BA7B61.jpeg

Not in my pocket, but just had my trusty SkyBlade sharpened. Been friends with the knifemaker a while, he gained a slight bit of notoriety when he was attacked by a grizzly, twice. Before that, and after, he continues to make awesome fixed blade knives that border on art, but function as well. Lost track of how many critters this knife as been into, from mountain goats to hogs.

SkyBlade.jpg

Last edited:
Well, this bad boy showed up today. I may have finally found a contender to displace my trusty Benchmade 940-2 from my pocket.

it’s a Spyderco Smock. Excellent overall size, awesome action. Cool button actuated compression lock, great blade shape and size. It’s been a long time since I’ve found another EDC knife i was excited about.

86AF2DBB-6278-4CB4-95EB-672DD84B2EE8.jpeg
37B2DF5C-66A1-48C6-AC28-C4E890A0A4DB.jpeg
CFDBA60A-3D66-46F3-A9D5-26ACE5291B67.jpeg
BD7B1BB4-177A-432F-A55E-7E503F82602D.jpeg
9D047EC8-256A-4B32-B126-7A84A704EDFC.jpeg

Well, this bad boy showed up today. I may have finally found a contender to displace my trusty Benchmade 940-2 from my pocket.

it’s a Spyderco Smock. Excellent overall size, awesome action. Cool button actuated compression lock, great blade shape and size. It’s been a long time since I’ve found another EDC knife i was excited about.

View attachment 7260745View attachment 7260746View attachment 7260747View attachment 7260748View attachment 7260749

I like that Smock! Probably my next buy!

I’ve been carrying this beast, and really like it!

Attachments

• BD7738C9-79AD-4178-86A9-0B598A5C8F49.jpeg
    BD7738C9-79AD-4178-86A9-0B598A5C8F49.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 73
I like that Smock! Probably my next buy!

I’ve been carrying this beast, and really like it!

Those big ZT’s are awesome.

The Smock so far is awesome. I love the button actuated compression lock. I’ve found it very hard to get away from the Axis lock as my 940-2 is so well broken it it is a fidget fools dream... lol. I am interested to see how well the smock breaks in. I’ve been playing with it all day and I’ve yet to lose my eyesight.....?

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Those big ZT’s are awesome.

The Smock so far is awesome. I love the button actuated compression lock. I’ve found it very hard to get away from the Axis lock as my 940-2 is so well broken it it is a fidget fools dream... lol. I am interested to see how well the smock breaks in. I’ve been playing with it all day and I’ve yet to lose my eyesight.....?

I can’t find anymore big ZTs without paying an arm and a leg! It’s become a cult collectors knife? I’m going to grab a Smock— let’s compare eyesight in a few weeks??

Been carrying the Ontario Rat-1. D2 blade, G-10 scales, a good practical slicer, inexpensive and replaceable -- I won't cry if it jumps ship, or if one of my good, good friends accidentally steals it if it falls on the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fitz
Today it’s the boker urban trapper. I love this knife. Easy to sharpen, light, thin.

Attachments

• 957269A5-081C-4DD2-B5A9-486FC0BE8860.jpeg
    957269A5-081C-4DD2-B5A9-486FC0BE8860.jpeg
    701.7 KB · Views: 55
I have a spyderco para 2. Standard shiny blade in s30v (by far my favorite steel so far) been using it almost daily for about 5years. Though it did have an unplanned 8 month break when it got snagged on a hay bale last year. Luckily it's no worse the day I found it than the day I lost it!

Just picked up a Guardian Tactical Recon 035,,OTF, Elmax blade. Ceramic ball bearing action.
so smooth,,,

Last edited:
Chris Reeve small sebenza insingo

Attachments

• 325DA59B-5B6C-4D17-942D-C7563C99F36E.jpeg
    325DA59B-5B6C-4D17-942D-C7563C99F36E.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 52
Swiss Army knife, because it is more than just a knife.

SOG Kiku folder. I have the fixed version as well...I just think they're too cool.

I'm planning in getting the assisted version soon.

CRKT M16 liner lock. Sharpens up well with 600-800-1,000 sandpaper. Daily work knife, takes a real beating.

Reactions: LiveToDrive

I’ve had this for several years already and love it. I had a base model griptilian for a while and lost it on a vacation trip to the east coast. I used that as an excuse to buy a better knife but kept returning to the griptilian so I just found a used 550-1 on fleabay.

CRKT M16 liner lock. Sharpens up well with 600-800-1,000 sandpaper. Daily work knife, takes a real beating.

I always wanted one when I was younger, but I never got around to purchasing it. My Dad bought one that he found at the swap meet. After playing with it, I'm not a fan of the locking system and having to do sign language trying to close the blade with one hand.