• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What NF or Seekins to run on NF 50mm/ 700 with MTU Krieger brrl.

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
I want to know if the NF lows are ok on a 50mm NF NXS. I think I can get away with the low NF or Med Seekins, just by doing the penny trick. My stack with the bell just off the brrl is .295". Also any preference to the Seekins or NF over each other? Need to order now.

What base? As long as its a one piece picatinny, lows should be fine. Seekins would be my preference.

Last edited:
if you run a 20moa base the medium seekins should give you enough room to put a flip cover on. I prefer the seekins but i'm a pretty loyal seekins fan. I almost have one of everything they make :rolleyes:

What? I did the change trick to measure, and the medium's (.87") will have maybe 1.5mm clearance, and the lows (.82") are touching. So I ordered the med. high's which will put me about 5mm above the barrel. I have a set of sweet PRI's but I had about 1/4" under the tube. Thanks much for your help.

BTW I'm running a 20moa Precision Armament base. That MTU Krieger (#10) is much bigger than I thought.

Last edited: