• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What NOT to ask on SH

Re: What NOT to ask on SH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the assholes that pop up and feel they have the "right" to be here, say whatever they please, and insist that the admin runs the site to their standards-not the way it's been ran for the last 9+ years. </div></div>

I'm right here asshole......
grin.gif
</div></div>

Kirk, you graduated past asshole years ago.

"why is Maser gone?"

"why dont people like Maser?"

"why dont people like Piston Pete?"

"are CounterSniper scopes good?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it when I see someone trying to sell a Glock or similar pistol to some guy that is obviously new to shooting and I'll go explain to him why those pistols are pieces of shit in my opinion. </div></div>

Glock is a piece of shit...

right...

thanks for the deep wisdom.
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Wow, A $400 pistol that you can shoot 10's of thousands of rounds through and because it doesn't have a typical safety it is a piece of shit. That must be why so many units in the military are switching over to it and getting away from the Beretta.

Oh man you havent lived until you have seen the world through a Counter Sniper!

Lets just say that looking through their glass is like being on acid. Everything looks different

How come in Shooter Mark Wahlberg shot a soup can at a mile but i cant hit shit with my brand new Remington .308 and cheap Chinese piece of shit knock off scope?

Is a can of beef stew the best medium for recovering bullets to paper patch later?

If I use the word "tactical" to describe my gear, will it make me an amazing shot?

I despise that word sometimes.

I'm unemployed, is shooting expensive?

My rifle costs more than my house and car put together, do I have an addiction?

Is mountain dew tactical enough to drink while browsing the snipers hide?

I'm going green... what type of powder produces less greenhouse gases?

What is the difference between SMK and Sierra Match King bullets.

Should I cover my willy? or is that just silly?

What's the best longrifle for shooting out to 1000yds?

Anybody have any tips on reloading?

Where can I score a good scope for 800yds for under $200?

Which AR-15 rifle is better a gas gun or a piston?

Especially enjoy the "which is better" questions. It always depends. Concur with Semour Gunz. Ask a question, internalize the response from experienced shooters without emotion, and then YOU decide. People tend to shun the "brutal facts."

How can I find a cheap way to shoot .338LM?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sootstorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mil range that stew can it's like 55yds </div></div>

That's funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the assholes that pop up and feel they have the "right" to be here, say whatever they please, and insist that the admin runs the site to their standards-not the way it's been ran for the last 9+ years. </div></div>

A "consistantly" <span style="font-style: italic">enforced </span>set of standards would be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the assholes that pop up and feel they have the "right" to be here, say whatever they please, and insist that the admin runs the site to their standards-not the way it's been ran for the last 9+ years. </div></div>

A "consistantly" <span style="font-style: italic">enforced </span>set of standards would be nice.</div></div>

If you're uncomfortable with the way the site is run you are more than welcome to remove yourself and cease any and all postings.

this is my newest scrap book knitted bookmark,is my knitting and scrap booking hobby turning out swell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you're uncomfortable with the way the site is run you are more than welcome to remove yourself and cease any and all postings. </div></div>

Oh don't worry mike, I'm quite comfortable with the site now that I know the "real" rules in force here. You and lowlight made that perfectly clear with your earlier petulance by banning me for a month when you would brook no disagreements from anyone and deleting threads that either of you deem worthy of hiding from public view. Its frank's site, so its his rule - as he's made so clear on numerous occasions - even if the rules are arbritary.

However, a couple of greater men then either of you two had some poignant things to say on the subject:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance.
Thomas Paine </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson </div></div>

I have a feeling someone is going to take a little vacation for that comment. haha Just a hunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a feeling someone is going to take a little vacation for that comment. haha Just a hunch. </div></div>

It would prove my point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh don't worry mike, I'm quite comfortable with the site now that I know the "real" rules in force here. You and lowlight made that perfectly clear with your earlier petulance by banning me for a month when you would brook no disagreements from anyone and deleting threads that either of you deem worthy of hiding from public view. Its frank's site, so its his rule - as he's made so clear on numerous occasions - even if the rules are arbritary. </div></div>

Yet as you acquiesce you insist upon stirring the pot with your rhetoric. Keep in mind as you champion yourself as the defender of freedom that Frank's rules are spelled out quite succinctly. I would also remind you of the rules you agreed to abide by while participating in this forum which includes "Violators may be warned, suspended from posting, or barred from the forums <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">at the sole discretion of the Sniper’s Hide Administration and its Moderators.</span></span>"[/quote]

So again, I would offer that if you are not comfortable, or if you continue to insist upon this discourse you are more than welcome to depart. After all, us "despots" and our "arbitrary" (I corrected the spelling for you) wouldn't want to repress your freedoms.

Oh, and I'll be more than happy to let Frank know you feel he is a despot as well.

Oh, BTW, I'm sure our founding fathers were thinking of a private forum, not an oppressive government, when they said those statements. Brilliant deduction.

Was it Abbott or Costello who said, " I'm A, BBAAAADDD Man.... " I always get those two confused.

It's still my favorite SH argument, the virulent hate of me and how I run this place with the need for the hater to stick around, coming back for more and more, while knowingly pushing my buttons in hopes of getting banned to <span style="font-style: italic">"prove their point beyond a shadow of a doubt".</span>

Classic...

Classic,... is Glen Frey saying,

I always like to take a good by look at American, just encase it's my last.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it Abbott or Costello who said, " I'm A, BBAAAADDD Man.... " I always get those two confused.

It's still my favorite SH argument, the virulent hate of me and how I run this place with the need for the hater to stick around, coming back for more and more, while knowingly pushing my buttons in hopes of getting banned to <span style="font-style: italic">"prove their point beyond a shadow of a doubt".</span>

Classic... </div></div>

There's no hate, frank, virulent or otherwise. And I'm not trying push your buttons to get banned to prove a point. I stick around because there are some really excellent people here with some great knowledge. I neither stay nor go based on a "threat" of being banned. Ban me again, if you want - or don't. But if you do, it would be interesting to know what "rule" I broke this time (or last) to warrant that. And <span style="font-style: italic">THAT </span>is my point. As I told your sidekick, mike - its your site and your rules. Do whatever you want. Just realize this site is NOT about <span style="font-style: italic">YOU</span>.

And and one more thing, frank... you might want to go back and read your own sig line. After your long ranting email to my friend, it appears you've forgotten your own words.

Peace. Let's get back to talkin' about guns, dammit!

Do these 5.11's makes my ass look big?
What pack should I get to carry all my Sniper Gear?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you're uncomfortable with the way the site is run you are more than welcome to remove yourself and cease any and all postings. </div></div>

Oh don't worry mike, I'm quite comfortable with the site now that I know the "real" rules in force here. You and lowlight made that perfectly clear with your earlier petulance by banning me for a month when you would brook no disagreements from anyone and deleting threads that either of you deem worthy of hiding from public view. Its frank's site, so its his rule - as he's made so clear on numerous occasions - even if the rules are arbritary.

However, a couple of greater men then either of you two had some poignant things to say on the subject:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance.
Thomas Paine </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson </div></div>

</div></div>

If you don't like how the site is run...... PISS OFF! Don't get banned and come back for more. That is childish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it Abbott or Costello who said, " I'm A, BBAAAADDD Man.... " I always get those two confused.

Classic... </div></div>

There's no hate, frank, virulent or otherwise. And I'm not trying push your buttons to get banned to prove a point. I stick around because there are some really excellent people here with some great knowledge. I neither stay nor go based on a "threat" of being banned. Ban me again, if you want - or don't. But if you do, it would be interesting to know what "rule" I broke this time (or last) to warrant that. And <span style="font-style: italic">THAT </span>is my point. As I told your sidekick, mike - its your site and your rules. Do whatever you want. Just realize this site is NOT about <span style="font-style: italic">YOU</span>.

And and one more thing, frank... you might want to go back and read your own sig line. After your long ranting email to my friend, it appears you've forgotten your own words.

Peace. Let's get back to talkin' about guns, dammit!</div></div>

It's pretty simple actually and has been in place much longer than you, I started this site, I funded this site, and I make the rules. Dictatorship, you betcha, because in the end it is my ass on the line, not what you say, or what anyone else says, it's me they come after. When the DOJ wants to investigate someone, they subpoena me, not you, even if you replied to his post, and not me. I have to jump through hoops. When a company is upset by a comment of a member, they threaten me with a lawsuit, not you, even if you replied in his post although I might not have, they send the letter to my house on Sunday afternoon, not the offender's house, but mine. There are a host of other problems we have to answer that no else does, that you never see, he sold that item to his friend and not me even though I said I'll take it. He is following me around replying to my posts, and I don't like it, Maser is a jerk ban him even though he hasn't broken a rule, we just don't like him. The list is as endless as it is daily.

Ya, you probably shouldn't have been banned, but you pissed me off and caught me at a particular bad point in my week. It happens, I admit it. But i don't need people telling me how to run Sniper's Hide when they don't have a clue to what myself and the moderators put up with.

Do we have catch all phrasing so we dont' need a reason to ban someone, sure hell we do, and do we use it, sure as shit we do. People like you like to remind me about my signature, but frankly, it's not for me, it's for all of you. Because left to my own devices, with like minded individuals, I am quite pleasant to be around. But not everyone on here is like minded, some just want to sell their crap, others what to push a political agenda, still others want to make money off as many members as possible without giving back... so in order to keep the board moving in a positive direction we are required to enforce the rules.

Every year at Shot I talk with the owner of AR15.com, we are very friendly to each other and can laugh about something or other with a mutual understanding. I believe this year he told me that they employ over 250 moderators, we employ 5 including me... so do the math, and ask yourself why would a board need 5 moderators let alone 250 ?

Did you deserve to banned, probably not, but based on the fact you haven't let it go, I don't think I was too far off the mark. You're friend wanted to tango with me, which is never smart, I have very little patience for being told off by people who are enjoying what I built... Hate to break it too you, this place is more about me than you'll ever realize. Some people get it, others not so much, they think they have the right to be here, and deserve to be here because they bought a Remington 5R, besides this is the internet and it is free, not to mention America, with it's free speech, so two frees equal their right to do and say whatever they want.

Enjoy the site, I'll make sure "I" keep the lights on for another month for YOU.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they send the letter to my house on Sunday afternoon, not the offender's house, but mine.</div></div>

You get mail on Sunday?....

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they send the letter to my house on Sunday afternoon, not the offender's house, but mine.</div></div>

You get mail on Sunday?....

grin.gif

</div></div>
No,... there's a difference between the real delivery time vs top of ladder time for Frank
grin.gif

Sheriff's still deliver subpoenas on Sunday

Well spoken. It's very easy to forget that when someone's name is listed on top outside the door, they have to go through a lot of s--t that may not be apparent on a daily basis to anyone else. Rank may have its privileges, but it has its responsibilities as well. Your efforts are highly appreciated.

Somebody's desperately looking for a sword to fall on. Be careful what you wish for
wink.gif