• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What scope is everyone running for elr

Schw15, you should write a book. You have a unique writing style. It may sound crazy, but every sentence in your reply was nice to read.
Haha im pretty redneck so not sure on book haha i reread it and wow voice writing really messed a few words up but thank you

2200 is as far as I have a place to shoot. The glass on the minox is amazing. Never had a chance to compare to TT or zcomp but the reviews I have seen ranks them all about the same. I have compared to many other scopes, nichtforce atacr and Schmidt, razor gen2, and the glass is noticeably better on the minox, and my shooting buddies agree. And at dusk it will surprise you with what you can see

2200 is as far as I have a place to shoot. The glass on the minox is amazing. Never had a chance to compare to TT or zcomp but the reviews I have seen ranks them all about the same. I have compared to many other scopes, nichtforce atacr and Schmidt, razor gen2, and the glass is noticeably better on the minox, and my shooting buddies agree. And at dusk it will surprise you with what you can see
Nice one day hopefully i will get one haha

Reactions: jmw
What did you like better out of the g2 razor and cronus btr
Both are pretty comparable and would be happy with either if I could only have one.. Toss up on what you get for the better price.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
An old Premier Heritage 5-25 on a Era-Tac adj. base

Went 5 out of 7 @2050 and 2 out of 10 @2500 to win the match a few months ago. 338LMI and wish I could always shoot that good.

Wish I had a ATACR 7-35xd
Didnt that company turn into TT?

Scopes I've had in the past.... (all MRAD reticles)
Vortex PST 6-24 Gen I
Steiner Military 5-25x56 w/ MSR reticle
S&B PMII 4-16x50 P4F reticle

Scopes I currently run (all MRAD reticles)
SB PMII 5-25x56 w/ MSR
SB PMII 5-25x56 w/ P4F
Vortex Razor gen II HD 4.5-27x56 w/ EBR-7C
Vortex Razor Gen I HD 5-20x50 w/ EBR-2C
Vortex Razor HD 1-6x

There are specific reasons I don't have the previous scopes anymore. The PST was good, but optical clarity out to 1K was average at best. The newer Gen II's are supposed to be much better. I'm thinking about getting another one for a .22NRL Bergara build. The Glass on the Steiner was good, but the reticle was really thick - and the glass wasn't as good as the S&B. Close but not as good. The 4-16X S&B just didn't have the magnification I wanted, so I sold it and got another 5-25 PMII.

Of the current Scopes I have, as expected, the Schmidts are hands down better than anything I've looked through. And the problem is that spoils me a bit when I look through anything else like the Vortex Razors. Even the new 4.5-27 is still nowhere near the S&B in terms of clarity and just POP for optical quality and brightness. But it's also $2500 less than the S&B, so it's not a fair comparison. For matches though, I do like the reticle of the EBR-7C reticle on the Razor. Seems more precise and faster.

Im using these three
Delta Stryker 5-50x56 SFP
Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 FFP
TRACT TORIC 4.5-30 FFP ELR

Id like to try a Valdad IOR & a Night Force ATACR once.Ive not owned one

Im using these three
Delta Stryker 5-50x56 SFP
Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 FFP
TRACT TORIC 4.5-30 FFP ELR

Id like to try a Valdad IOR & a Night Force ATACR once.Ive not owned one
Can you give a review or opinion on the delta ffp and the tract toric ffp elr?

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
The Delta Stryker are both 34mm main tubes.Have zero stop and resettable zero.Both have excellent Japanese Glass.Both are also Illuminated if someone does need it in low light or dark.

The Delta Stryker are both 34mm main tubes.Have zero stop and resettable zero.Both have excellent Japanese Glass.Both are also Illuminated if someone does need it in low light or dark.
Have you been able to compare them to anything? Razor gen 2 cronus ect

I compared my Trijicon 5-50 (same scope but different turrets and reticle) and the glass had better resolution than both the Mk5HD 5-25 and XTR3 5.5-30. Mark5HD had best contrast, but Trijicon brightest. NX8 also compared to those 3 but wasn't in the same league.

Reactions: Schw15
Ive owned alot of different scopes in the search for what tickles my fancy. Ive landed on these 3.
SB PMII 3-20
ZCO 420
TT 525

If I was to drop one it would DEFINITELY be the SB 3-20. and I would replace that with another ZCO420. but its not a big enough difference to make the change for what rifle that optics sitting on.
The next optic Im likely to get after owning those 3 is the ZCO 527.
As for reticle, I hate christmas trees. Get that busy out of my sight picture.

Reactions: CSTactical
Ive owned alot of different scopes in the search for what tickles my fancy. Ive landed on these 3.
SB PMII 3-20
ZCO 420
TT 525

If I was to drop one it would DEFINITELY be the SB 3-20. and I would replace that with another ZCO420. but its not a big enough difference to make the change for what rifle that optics sitting on.
The next optic Im likely to get after owning those 3 is the ZCO 527.
As for reticle, I hate christmas trees. Get that busy out of my sight picture.
Having never looked threw zco or tt. What would you pick out of those two high end scopes?

Having never looked threw zco or tt. What would you pick out of those two high end scopes?
Depends on the eyeball and whos head its in. To me the TT is a hair better. better Turrents. Better Glass. Better all around. But like alot have said in other places when comparing the two, those negligible differences dont necessarily make up for the price difference between the two. Thats why I said I would likely get a ZCO next over another TT. And to me Both are clearly ahead of the SB I have.
The TT525 is long. its a big scope. My ZCO420 is super short. but its comparing two different things and a closer comparison would be the ZCO527 to the TT525.
Different tools in the toolbox. My ZCO420 on my REM CSR (compact sniper rifle) is perfect. Compact great optic on a compact rifle.
My TT525 lives on an AI AXSR and its the perfect tool for that application. Big ol rifle w/ a big ol scope on it.

Depends on the eyeball and whos head its in. To me the TT is a hair better. better Turrents. Better Glass. Better all around. But like alot have said in other places when comparing the two, those negligible differences dont necessarily make up for the price difference between the two. Thats why I said I would likely get a ZCO next over another TT. And to me Both are clearly ahead of the SB I have.
The TT525 is long. its a big scope. My ZCO420 is super short. but its comparing two different things and a closer comparison would be the ZCO527 to the TT525.
Different tools in the toolbox. My ZCO420 on my REM CSR (compact sniper rifle) is perfect. Compact great optic on a compact rifle.
My TT525 lives on an AI AXSR and its the perfect tool for that application. Big ol rifle w/ a big ol scope on it.
Unfortunately i have never looked threw either and i know there the best but makes since on prices and tool it is for

You lucky SOB! That's one of the requirements for my next property - shoot LR off the back porch... hopefully moving this summer.
I have the scope and so far it is really nice. Turrets really loud and nice clicks. Fit and finish is awesome. Parallax and focus is alittle touchy to fine tune but really.nice glass

Reactions: Chickentoast
Yes actually I have the Athlon Cronus BTR .The Delta Stryker is better than the Cronus.I have not compared it to the Razor Gen 2.

I have also compared it to Primary Arms Apollo PLX- 6-30x56 and it much better than it. I do like my Athlon Cronus BTR however the Stryker is just Clearer. The Cronus was the 1st good scope I ever bought that was a 30 power.It is on my Rem. 700 PCR 6.5 Creedmoor and its dead on so I wont change a thing.Ive not shot past 600 yards with it.But I can put 4 out of 5 in a 1 inch bulls eye at 600 yds.Thats about as good as I can shoot anyway.

^Always wondered how the "good" Primary Arms was - I had one of their cheap 1-6 acss on a 7.62x39 in QD's and liked it a lot. They have some cool reticles.

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
^Always wondered how the "good" Primary Arms was - I had one of their cheap 1-6 acss on a 7.62x39 in QD's and liked it a lot. They have some cool reticles.
yes they do have some cool reticles.I have that Apollo on an AR10 6.5CM. iT hits the marks just like it said.I was just a little disappointed in hit because their $499.00 3-18x50 Apollo has Pull/Push turrets.I took it for granite that the most expensive scope they have would also have those turrets but they do not.

The new minox lr has really impressed me so far. Glass is really crisp and bright. Low light is amazing on it. It does have a bigger dot .08 i was alittle worried but shot it at almost 900 yards today on some small rocks no issue. I had it up on targets at 1 mile and no issues covering them up. I kind of like the bigger dot. I think the reticle is really nice and simple tree wish the wind holds were out to 8 mil instead of 5 but you have 7 mils in wind turret only 6 labeled. From my rough zero today with 20 moa rail and 20 moa mount i had 25 mils up. I think it is a great crossover scope and do all like my intended purposes hunting/long range to about 2000 yards

Reactions: Chickentoast
I currently run on different rifles
Valdada Texas Raider 3-25×50
Tract Toric 4.5-30×56
Delta Stryker 4.5-30×56 FFP
Delta Stryker 5-50×56 SFP
Athlon Cronus BTR 6-30×56 FFP
Athlon Midas Tac
Primary Ams Apollo 6-30×56 FFP
Primary Arm GLX 624×50 FFP
Leopold 6.5-20×44

I.want to buy
Night Force ATACR

Tract Toric 4.5-30×56
Athlon Midas Tac
Leopold 6.5-20×44

I.want to buy
Night Force ATACR

Does your wife know? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: goneballistic
Tract Toric 4.5-30×56
Athlon Midas Tac
Leopold 6.5-20×44

I.want to buy
Night Force ATACR
Now that is a list haha wow

Tangent Theta 5-25 Gen3XR and NF ATACR 7-35 MilXT on the rifles I use for ELR

Tangent Theta 5-25 Gen3XR and NF ATACR 7-35 MilXT on the rifles I use for ELR

How do they compare optically @ 25X? Does the extra mag on the ATACR give it any advantage over the better glass in the TT?

How do they compare optically @ 25X? Does the extra mag on the ATACR give it any advantage over the better glass in the TT?
I don't think so. To my eyes, when I start going above 25x, the image seems to degrade a little and the margin for error in the eyebox becomes really tight. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the glass becomes completely distorted, but it's just not as crisp as it is at 25x. I give the TT the nod in glass by a hair

I've been out of the game for a while, but I am shocked that barely anyone mentioned the s&b 5-25. It used to be the golden standard and previously would be half the peoples answer. Does it not hold up to the new competitors anymore or is it more of a "people love trying out new brands" thing ?

I know s&b and others have over 25 mag, but its not useful most of the time and usually effects eye relief, adjustment range, etc... I used to bring my razor hd spotting scope when I just got it and one day started leaving it at home because I realized if I couldn't see the hit through the 25x s&b glass, more magnification wouldn't help. Mirage sucks.

I've been out of the game for a while, but I am shocked that barely anyone mentioned the s&b 5-25. It used to be the golden standard and previously would be half the peoples answer. Does it not hold up to the new competitors anymore or is it more of a "people love trying out new brands" thing ?

I know s&b and others have over 25 mag, but its not useful most of the time and usually effects eye relief, adjustment range, etc... I used to bring my razor hd spotting scope when I just got it and one day started leaving it at home because I realized if I couldn't see the hit through the 25x s&b glass, more magnification wouldn't help. Mirage sucks.
I’m sorta with you on this. I’ve got two S&B 5-25s with the MSR and P4F reticle. I’ve not looked anything before or since that had the optical clarity and “pop” as these do. I have a new Razor HD gen 2 4.5-27 and the glass is good but not in the same ballpark as the Schmittys. I’ve looked through high end NF, USO, Premier, Leupolds, etc and nothing comes close. Having said, I haven’t had the opportunity to look through any of the newer kids on the block like Khales, ZTC and similar. So maybe there is some better glass out there.

I do like my turrets on the Razor HD better though. The clicks feel more definitive and I like the slick gen 2 zeroing system.

Reactions: timelinex
TT Professional 5-25 H59
Hensoldt 4-16 FF LT H59
SB PM II 5-25 FF MTC MSR

I have used SS 5-20X, Bushnell ERS 3.5-21 X, and still have them.

Recently used my NF ATACR 5-25X Mil-C. It did just fine at a mile. But knowing I will go farther, I recently added a NF ATACR 7-35X Mil-C.

I would like to get to use a Kahles, and see what I see. I'll never get rid of the ATACRs though. The Mil-C isn't the best for pure holds, but it is the best I've used for dialing elevation and holding wind. The most difficult target on my range at home is a 4" plate at 800 yards. That little rascal is easy to miss. In order to hit it, you've got to be holding wind to the tenth Mil, and the Mil-C reticle sure does help me with that.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
Ive been very happy with the minox lr so far. Great glass and i think the perfect cross over scope

Buy once cry once...

I’m shooting a XTRII and most times it’s excellent

But I recently shot a field course where some of the targets were in shadows of trees and some were very difficult to peel out from the shadows. Better glass would have helped.

I’m saving up for a ZCo and save the XTRII as my backup