• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What sidearm do y'all carry?

P229 .40 ,,,, dont like 9s. Looking to get a single stack 40 or 45 glocj next bonus

so many options, practice,practice,practice with whatever you carry and attitude and situational awareness go hand in hand. Be safe out there fellas, i have a friend that stood down 12 gangbangers with a Beretta .25, none of them wanted to catch that first bullet. I always carry a gun ,but sometimes it's two guns, sometimes it's hi capacity or a derringer, if you need it you got it right. Now i have to look at what I'm going to stash in my truck.

Wyzrd the blade is a Gavko . A little hard to find, I follow him on Instagram and he will post when things are for sale. It is the smoothest folder I own. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'll definitely check that out as that is one of the nicer looking blades I've seen in a while! I appreciate it bud!

Thank you! I'll definitely check that out as that is one of the nicer looking blades I've seen in a while! I appreciate it bud!

No problem man thats why I'm here, to learn and share what i know. Thanks for the like on the AI pics too.

so many options, practice,practice,practice with whatever you carry and attitude and situational awareness go hand in hand. Be safe out there fellas, i have a friend that stood down 12 gangbangers with a Beretta .25, none of them wanted to catch that first bullet. I always carry a gun ,but sometimes it's two guns, sometimes it's hi capacity or a derringer, if you need it you got it right. Now i have to look at what I'm going to stash in my truck.

It's not all about shooting and firearm handling skills.

A great number of skills are required when CCW and many people are not even minimally aware of technical issues related to CCW. I can't cover these all but will provide a few examples: Have you instructed your family with a plan on what to do if you may become involved in an incident, do you stay with them or do you have them leave? Will they immediately follow your plan without question or delay? When do you engage---timing is critical, can you shoot someone in the back, shoot them if they are hit and laying on the ground, or shoot through a barrier? Do you carry extra ammo ( a fellow LE of mine in a shooting accident unintentionally dumped his mag when he was shot and he reengaged without knowing he had an empty gun) along with many other issues. Do you challenge or not challenge an offender, can you shoot without a verbal warning (very situational). Do you know exactly what to do if challenged by LE while you have someone at gun point?

Do you know to call an attorney immediately and decline to provide a statement to LE until advised by your attorney?

This is very complex and most LE are not trained in dealing with off duty situations and perform poorly in some of these concerning areas. I provide this training locally and it is very well received by people at all levels. Things happen faster than you will ever imagine and you better know what to do before something happens. I'm not telling you I know it all (and I don't) but present these issues to provoke your thoughts so you can think these through and better prepare.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/YHnhK9J.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I carry a Beretta Nano. Not really a huge fan of it but it's small and easily concealable. The Glock 43 is an attractive alternative for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to carry a full size 1911 Wilson Combat in 45.

Went to Glock 26

Just got my widebody SVI and will carry this when a holster is made.

Attachments

• photo48259.jpg
    photo48259.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 30
Summer carry is a Glock 43 and winter carry is a Glock 19. Both are appendix carry with a spare mag in the pocket.

I have carried a S&W Shield before, but ended up selling it. Nothing wrong with it, I just didn't "fall in love" with it, I guess.

Recently I picked up this HK P30sk, and I really like it. Very similar feel to my VP9 which I love.
p30sks_zps5p9sukug.jpg

It is a little wide. I'm kind of eyeballing a Walther PPS M2 for summer (should've bought one of these instead of the shield, I'd probably still have it), or maybe some form of little .380 pocket pistol.

HK recently started teasing the VP9 SK. Nice looking carry piece.

Yeah I figured the fastest way to get the VP9sk released was to buy a P30sk.

The P30 is growing on me, though. The heavier and longer trigger pull and thumb safety I kind of like for a CCW pistol.

XDS 9mm I sent off to a company called powder river precision who did some trigger work to it. Shoots like a dream. Use an alien gear holster, super comfortable.

Pocket - Kahr 380
Appendix or 4 o'clock - glock 43
OWB - glock 19

I just got a sig 320 subcompact that I'm still breaking in. No issues at all through a couple hundred rounds. A couple hundred more and I'll be ready to carry it either appendix or 4 o'clock.

I try to carry the biggest, highest capacity gun I can comfortably conceal with what I'm wearing that day.

Jwood I am so jealous I want a gills 19 so bad if I could get the gills with a mos system I would die a happy man!

When i am out and about, I use a 3.3" XDS 9mm and that is light and small. When i go to the range, i have a XDM 5.25" 9mm. Easy fun pistol to shoot.

I'm not sorry to say!! Kel-tec PF-9. It is one of the four guns of this brand, that I do own and trust my life too, on a daily basis. ZT 0452Cf pocket knife.

It depends. I have carry guns like women have shoes....

I live in a mag-ban state, so 10 round max. That means i'm carrying the biggest bullet i can since i'm restricted on capacity.. honestly part of it is a passive-agressive F-You to the state.

If it's not t-shirt and short-s weather i'm carrying a full size 1911 - usually a Dan Wesson Valor. with a 10round spare mag in my pocket.

However, I also cary a boberg xr9-s (appendix), p938 (appendix), walther pps 4 o'clock, Khar P380 (front pocket), Seecamp-32 back pocket.

Last edited:
I love it. I think it's a fantastic firearm. Short of getting a Wilson combat, Nighthawk or other custom i really think Dan Wessons are the best mass production 1911 you can get.

Good to hear finger yes I have looked many times at getting a vbob

I have a Ruger SR9C that I sometimes carry IWB, but lately I've been carrying an LCR in .357 OWB (with my shirt over it).

Springfield XD 40 or 9 depending on the weather and clothing. Backup pocket gun is a Sig P238

Seems like the decision on what to carry these days should be based on the question "Will it penetrate a windshield?"

Seems like the decision on what to carry these days should be based on the question "Will it penetrate a windshield?"

More of a caliber question. Get a .357 SIG if that's your measure.

More of a caliber question. Get a .357 SIG if that's your measure.

and do the homey high hold position so your firing in a downward manner and your rounds will hit the glass square to prevent any possible glance.

..........as an aside bullets glancing off windshields is not likely and deciding to shoot at moving cars in most situations is not recommended. Do your own research.

and do the homey high hold position so your firing in a downward manner and your rounds will hit the glass square to prevent any possible glance.

..........as an aside bullets glancing off windshields is not likely and deciding to shoot at moving cars in most situations is not recommended. Do your own research.

Supposedly window glass was one of the metrics for DESP when they went to it.

Id imagine something can be designed to specifically defeat it and Im sure safety glass has its effect on ballistics but lots of people get blasted through auto glass with no special measures beyond being able to do - equal height, equal light, slow steady squeeze straight back.

Hi-Point FTW!!

Usually a glock 19 although I'll switch between that, an XDS .45 or a S&W J-Frame depending on what sounds good at the time and what I'm wearing. With summer approaching the j-frame will definitely come out more.

I wear a G19 appendix year round. Keep it close to my duty gun, G22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to my PF-9(concealed carry). My Glock 22 in 40 S&W. I have a 40-9mm conversion barrel as well as a Storm Lake .357 Sig conversion that is my usual summer open carry rig with Underwood 125gr. JHP going at 1475FPS and 600Ft/Lbs. of energy!