• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to buy with stimulus

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Just got my stimulus check, and got a tax refund due!
I think I've owned every 308 semi-auto from around the world, sans an AR10, I'm intreaged. What I desire is a POF Revolution pistol. Or maybe an M1A SOCOM 16 (cheaper, but proven) or buy into the current frenzy and just invest in lowers...
What would you do?

If you want a semi I would get the whole unit now. Maybe some high wear parts if you can find them. If sniff & suck get in power they will shut everything down asap. Parts sales, online etc. Receiver paperweights will be useless. I am thinking they will shut down the atf and freeze our jail birds indefinitely as well. They have promised a 4 month lockdown. Wonder what they will do while the whole country is frozen. Just my .02 cents

Whatever platform you decide on get it local, buy it FTF from an individual and pay cash. Never tell anyone about it. Use the rest for ammo, mags and spare parts.

Reactions: Tunnuh
If it's a stimulus payment that allows you to make the purchase it may be best to invest it in other ways. Especially if you have other rifles. Just a thought.

I'm not dependent on this to buy anything, I have guns bought face to face. I'm waist deep in ammo, I bought plenty of reloading stuff when it was dirt cheap, would like/need more powder...
If I buy a semi, I'm leaning towards an M1A, I've owned several, not really any need for "spare high wear parts"
Not really my MO, but toying with taking advantage and capitalizing off the current frenzy. Funny how high end guns remain stable, but budget guns have doubled, even see NEFs bringing what a budget AR should bring
Probably just gonna spend it spoiling my grandkids ;)

I'm not dependent on this to buy anything, I have guns bought face to face. I'm waist deep in ammo, I bought plenty of reloading stuff when it was dirt cheap, would like/need more powder...
If I buy a semi, I'm leaning towards an M1A, I've owned several, not really any need for "spare high wear parts"
Not really my MO, but toying with taking advantage and capitalizing off the current frenzy. Funny how high end guns remain stable, but budget guns have doubled, even see NEFs bringing what a budget AR should bring
Probably just gonna spend it spoiling my grandkids ;)
Spoil me, you can call me whatever you want....also available for adoption 😉

Invest it in the market. If you invest right, you could double that in a year.

No I'm not dependent on this to fund hobby purchases. I have guns I've bought in F-F transactions. I'm pretty well fixed on ammo. Thinking about jumping into the frenzy and selling primers, lol!
I did get to hold a POF today, only $2700, very tempted, I'll sleep on it.
Hey, I could buy that with the primer proceeds!! But that kind of money would buy a well outfitted M1A w/glass and accessories...
Pretty sure I'm gonna pony up for some Kenetrek boots, then spend the rest spoiling grand kids for Christmas. I did stop 4-5 places today looking for 357 magnum ammo, I keep an American Derringer DA38 in my pocket most of the time, so 2 shots at a time I probably have enough to get me through, being I only have to shoot it once or so a month...

You should refund those of us who paid for it...
Maybe indentured servitude?
🤷‍♂️
I work a full-time job, pisses me off when I see $600 a check taken away & to think of some people I know that never have worked, and now get disability, medical, food.
On my dime!
So are you offering servitude?

Stimulus check? Like the one we got months ago? Or is this the new thing where they suspend payroll tax and we got to pay it back at tax time. My wife told me to tell HR to not give it to me if I have the chance to. I'm confused. I'm too busy to keep up with the news.

I'm bad about not getting taxes done, almost waited too long to quantify for the stimulus. So additionally I got 2yrs of State/Fed refunds! (I shared those with the wife)

I work a full-time job, pisses me off when I see $600 a check taken away & to think of some people I know that never have worked, and now get disability, medical, food.
On my dime!
So are you offering servitude?
Possibly, @TheGerman and I have considered it in threads before... can I claim you as a tax deduction? Do I control your vote also? Do you have any skill sets? Are you will to be at the front of the line if need be?

Just put a side of beef in my freezers, got a green egg, make my own charcoal > retort kiln. Water from deep well, greenhouse, generator for emergencies. Live on 6 acres of virgin hardwoods with a stream. No neighbors. My own little slice, all paid for!
Now, about that POF...