• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What to do while waiting for a BEAST?

alman1531

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2014
Colorado
I finally got word that my 2014 AI AX 308 is ready to pick up at Mile High. My BEAST with a Mil-R reticle is still in the wild for who knows how long. I am looking into getting a scope as a place holder for the BEAST so I can get some use out of my rifle in the meantime. I am interested in what you guys would recommend for a scope with the below specs.

Mil/Mil
34mm main tube to match the BEAST
FFP
Zero Stops
Reliable tracking
As inexpensive as possible since I am already spending about $10,000 on this system already.

I vote you talk to Mile High (presuming you ordered your BEAST through them) to see if they recommend something. Maybe they will have 1) a demo scope they could make a deal on 2) an estimate on when you'll get your BEAST or 3) a better arrangement I can't think up.

If you want a 34mm main tube and relatively inexpensive, the Burris XTRII line seems like just about the only game in town. But they are barely on the market either.

A SWFA SS fixed power would be a rounding error in your total cost. Even a used SS 5-20x50mm with rings wouldn't be terribly bad, and you could resell it when the BEAST arrives for almost as much as you paid for it.

Bushnell or Razor HD (Gen2 might be out next month) for the time being....
Find a used Bushy or Razor Gen1 on here for a good price and you'll be set.

If you want a 34mm main tube and relatively inexpensive, the Burris XTRII line seems like just about the only game in town. But they are barely on the market either.

A SWFA SS fixed power would be a rounding error in your total cost. Even a used SS 5-20x50mm with rings wouldn't be terribly bad, and you could resell it when the BEAST arrives for almost as much as you paid for it.

Now that you mention it the SWFA 20x42 seems like a really good bang for the buck in the mean time, unfortunately I'd have to get 30mm rings!

Get some 30mm rings and a SWFA 3-15. When the Beast arrives put on your 22 trainer. It has 6y min parallax and can be used for practice indoors in the winter with CB caps or on a (hint) PCP air rifle.

I just got a call from EuroOptics that my Beast is coming in next week. I expect a lot of people will be getting calls soon.

Exactly 1 year. I was not in one of the original pre-orders. These scopes are about to hit the streets.

...what you guys would recommend for a scope with the below specs...As inexpensive as possible since I am already spending about $10,000 on this system already.

I suggest you buy my last Steiner 4-16x50 in the classifieds :cool:

I received a tracking number from EuroOptics as well!! My Mil-R BEAST should be on my doorstep Saturday. They are finally coming!

Same here. I just got my tracking number from SportOptics. Not much to add- just figured I'd let yall know they had a shipment go out.

I'm in just about the same boat... considering the ATACR even though it's SFP
I agree that the ATACR is your best bet and you should then sell it easily or a Vortex Razor HD 5-20X with included 35mm mount. Would also be easy to sell later. I canceled my BEAST months ago, so maybe you'll get one sooner. Waiting for my AI AXMC 308 in Tan!

I think I waited the longest for my BEAST. I put a 50% deposit down the day they were announced... 1/14/13. I had money then and I wish I would have paid 100%. Last week I got the call that it was in. Of course, this call comes 1 week after buying my first house and furnishing most of the rooms with new furniture. I didn't want to pay a restocking fee so I threw down the balance on plastic. Now that box is sitting on my bench with the seal still intact... Screaming "Mount Me". Part of me wants to open it up and part of me wants to make someone in a better position than I am now very happy.

What should I do? I keep scouring the net for reviews but it appears everyone is too busy to mount theirs or they have nothing good or bad to say about it.

I think I waited the longest for my BEAST. I put a 50% deposit down the day they were announced... 1/14/13. I had money then and I wish I would have paid 100%. Last week I got the call that it was in. Of course, this call comes 1 week after buying my first house and furnishing most of the rooms with new furniture. I didn't want to pay a restocking fee so I threw down the balance on plastic. Now that box is sitting on my bench with the seal still intact... Screaming "Mount Me". Part of me wants to open it up and part of me wants to make someone in a better position than I am now very happy.

What should I do? I keep scouring the net for reviews but it appears everyone is too busy to mount theirs or they have nothing good or bad to say about it.

2 were already listed in the px. If you decide to sell, I don't think you'll have a problem re-acquiring one when money is not as tight.

Why wait?!?

Just had a BEAST (C448 with Mil-Rad, Brake, and Mil-R) show up here for a "customer". Even after going through a last minute reticle change with NF Customer Service to suit his perceived requirements, the customer reneged.

So, this BEAST is available to anyone interested. I also ordered a set of NF rings for it, if interested.