• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What zero is everyone using for their 22LR?

200 yards, 22lr...22wmr...17hmr on my bolt actions.
The least used rifle range at the local club.

The squirrel rifle has a 1x red dot on it zeroed at 20 yards.

Many 22s with scopes like a AMG, PST S&B and the height rings needed zero at 25, also equals a 50 zero.

22s are about a 4:1 scale to the 308 etc.. so another case for 25 with how the come ups work. Also much like the 100 zero for centerfire, wind does much less to your zero at 25. You do not want wind in your zero...

If it helps I have a Kidd 1022 with a PST Gen II 5-25 on it. I just ordered a case of Prime ammo to try out.

I shoot some semi-local 22RF PR matches with distances out to just a bit over 300yds. A 50yd zero works best for me, have seen no need to do more than a slight hold-under for targets at 25yds.

My Unertl scoped 52 C is sighted “a squirrels eye high” at 50 yards. My range card is set up the same way at any given range. That way I can hold on the bottom of the eye and center it. Some people have thought I was joking until they see piles of squirrels shot in the eye.
Targets and rifle pics posted in “What scope do you have on your .22?”

59yards, as that was the best spot in my shooting paddock to sight in from.

I don't think it maters a whole lot on zero distance with a 22LR as at long range the bullet drops is so much it has minimal impact.
Example: if limited to 25MOA a 25 yard zero will max out at 198yards and a 75 yard zero max out at 215yards.

50ish yards will be fine for most situations.

I was at 25 then went 50 as there is little difference. Then a friend suggested 25 as the .22LR is about 1/4 a .308 which seemed to make sense so back to 25 - but I felt a little retarded going back and forth. There is only 0.1 Mil come up from 25 to 50.

Note I have a kimber hunting rifle w/mildot scope that I sighted in at 100 (hold 2.0 mils low for 50) and 5.0 mils high for 200 which sort of works ...

30 yds. This mimicks a 100 hard zero with centerfire as all my adjustments are up.

25yds is .2mil
50yds is .2mi
75yds is 1 mil
100yds is 2 mil

Etc etc.

50 yards for all my 22 rifles.

That way some data can be cross utilized for multiple rifles with similar FPS.

My Kidd has the same scope as yours. I have mine on a 20 MOA base.
Aguila Standard Velocity has an average of 1079 fps via Magnetospeed.
Zero at 50 meters.
2.7 mils at about 110 meters (our berm if shooting at steel)
8.6 - 8.8 mils elevation at 200 meters. Steel target are 4 inch and 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
16.6 mils at 300 meters. At this point I have already run out of elevation and I using near the bottom of the EBR "Christmas tree". My target at this point is a 2/3 silhouette and the wind makes everything a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerbob33
From AB calculation, a 38-45 yard zero allows dialing up for all solutions, much like a 100yard zero for centerfire calibers. Exact zero distance depends on velocity and sight height. I'm using a 40yd zero for Federal Target in a Ruger Precision Rimfire with an XTR2.

I zero at 50y because it is the most common distance I shoot between BR and NRL22 matches. Even if that wasn't the case it would probably be my choice as it is very functional in the types of shooting that I enjoy.

30yds for me.

My logic:

30yds is the 100yds of the rimfire world. All adjustments are up from there. I prefer to dial or hold over for everything. I only hold under if for some reason I’m impacting high, but I don’t do it by design.

Now, when hunting with .22, I use a 50yd zero so that anything from 25-50yd is either dead hold or .2 high.

Reactions: Rangerbob33
My local range 22 shoot starts at 50 yards so that’s where I started.

I zero at 50 yards with a 30MOA rail on the gun. +6MOA for 100yds, +24MOA for 200yds.

Zero @ 50 with a EGW 30moa rail. I have 2 moa down adjustment and 70 up.
50 yards is the least yardage I shoot and regularly go to 200 with plans to go 400 once my skillset is up to it.

I zero my .22LR at 50 metres, but I have got my 17Hmr Annie @100 metres.

My zero goal is to maximize dialup over the shortest range for PRS Practice. So, I try to zero at the apex distance dependent on the round (40y for CCI 40gr MiniMag, 33y for CCI 40gr Standard Velocity).

I zeroed my Tikka T1X at 50 yards this weekend. Posted about it in the T1X thread.