• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Anyone else get this e-mail from Cheaper Than Dirt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'
2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment.</div></div>

They're gonna start getting more of my business.

Re: What's good for the goose is good for the gander

They goughed the crap out of people for mags and then give 100K to the SAF? Now they say they wont sell to agencies. I dont know what to make of these guys. I will keep my buisness with companys who diddent gouge.

Is government & LE a percentage of there bottom-line-$$ sales, for this to be even a genuine offering of pro-2nd solidarity ? . Or just Advertisement ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They goughed the crap out of people for mags and then give 100K to the SAF? Now they say they wont sell to agencies. I dont know what to make of these guys. I will keep my buisness with companys who diddent gouge. </div></div> Not to mention that they also pulled their entire firearms line off the market temporarily after Newtown, in an attempt to kowtow to the politicians. Now that they've been slammed and seen for their true colors, they're trying damage control efforts to regain our loyalty (read: money). They don't get one red cent from me! I'm sticking with my local gun shops and other various vendors here on the Hide, or with Midway and Brownells for those parts I can't get from them.

Too little, too late CTD. Hock your Barska grade crap elsewhere.

I'm finished buying anything from them , a long time ago there stuff was super cheap. Then they turned into a greed monster.

I'll never give another penny to that company....period.

I really doubt they ever sold to those groups anyway, their products are mid-low end consumer products. So I see this announcement as them trying to jump on the Olympic Arms bandwagon. I think it's a cheap attempt to get back some of their lost customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really doubt they ever sold to those groups anyway, their products are mid-low end consumer products. So I see this announcement as them trying to jump on the Olympic Arms bandwagon. I think it's a cheap attempt to get back some of their lost customers.</div></div>

I bet this is true. Screw CTD.

Barret did it to Califonrian LEO/State agencies. Their .50's are sitting in armories with no support from Barret, and any request for parts from a CA based shop is asked if the parts are going to one of the agencies. When they said NO SUPPORT, they MEANT IT! No first party, no second party, no third party. I guess they will have to do what 'we' all do for parts or mags...go out of state, call someone, have it mailed in oppa blackmarket style

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They goughed the crap out of people for mags and then give 100K to the SAF? Now they say they wont sell to agencies. I dont know what to make of these guys. I will keep my buisness with companys who diddent gouge. </div></div> Not to mention that they also pulled their entire firearms line off the market temporarily after Newtown, in an attempt to kowtow to the politicians...</div></div>

This may be the reason, But I see it as pulling their supply from the market in anticipation of a buying frenzy. Why sell for the going rate now if you have reason to think you can sell it for 500% more in a few weeks? Crooked? maybe, but it is how the free market works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barret did it to Califonrian LEO/State agencies. Their .50's are sitting in armories with no support from Barret, and any request for parts from a CA based shop is asked if the parts are going to one of the agencies. When they said NO SUPPORT, they MEANT IT! No first party, no second party, no third party. I guess they will have to do what 'we' all do for parts or mags...go out of state, call someone, have it mailed in oppa blackmarket style
</div></div>

Well said Switch.

Got the same e-mail. Stopped buying from them when they shut down firearms sales. One of the first moves from the anti gun lobbiests. Their tactics are so transparent. Making that move only showed their true colors.

F CTD, but just for Info, catalog sales is a separate business from there retail store in Fort Worth, both in the same building, the retail store sells a lot of pistols at LEO only prices to LEOs, the other store in McKinney is owned by the catalog sales guy, and he also sells a butt load of weapons to LEOs, either way both companies DBA Cheaper Than Dirt Suck Donkey .............

I think there price gouging caused a lot of people to stop buying from them. Now that sales have fallen way off they need the business, so out come's out the letter. For all i care they can go out of business. MM

O come on guys. No one wants 100 dollar pmags?

Magpul PMAG Polymer 30 Round AR-15 Magazine 5.56 NATO Black MAG211BLK
76 Customer Reviews
Our Low Price:
$99.97
Price is for ONE Magazine
IN STOCK at Warehouse
A

Fuck Cheaper then Dirt. I wouldn't cross thee street to piss on their building if it was on fire...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck Cheaper then Dirt. I wouldn't cross thee street to piss on their building if it was on fire... </div></div>

I would however piss on their building if it wasn't on fire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck Cheaper then Dirt. I wouldn't cross thee street to piss on their building if it was on fire... </div></div>

I would however piss on their building if it wasn't on fire. </div></div>

Both are apt responses!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck Cheaper then Dirt. I wouldn't cross thee street to piss on their building if it was on fire... </div></div>

I would however piss on their building if it wasn't on fire. </div></div>

Both are apt responses!
</div></div>

Agreed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They goughed the crap out of people for mags and then give 100K to the SAF? Now they say they wont sell to agencies. I dont know what to make of these guys. I will keep my buisness with companys who diddent gouge. </div></div>

Same here. I have no interest in doing business with "(slightly) Cheaper Than (gold) Dirt."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll never give another penny to that company....period. </div></div>

Yes, they have two stores local here and I've sworn them off.

My father pissed me off when he bought a gun from them. Too little too late.

Here's another:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">York Arms - NY deliveries

Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
For "civilian" customers residing in New York:
At your choice, we will:
complete your order and ship to a dealer of your choice outside of NY
refund your payment in full
hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge - if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.
For LE/Govt customers in New York:
Your orders have been cancelled.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oughtsix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They goughed the crap out of people for mags and then give 100K to the SAF? Now they say they wont sell to agencies. I dont know what to make of these guys. I will keep my buisness with companys who diddent gouge. </div></div> Not to mention that they also pulled their entire firearms line off the market temporarily after Newtown, in an attempt to kowtow to the politicians...</div></div>

This may be the reason, But I see it as pulling their supply from the market in anticipation of a buying frenzy. Why sell for the going rate now if you have reason to think you can sell it for 500% more in a few weeks? Crooked? maybe, but it is how the free market works. </div></div>
Right on! Many of the experts on this board don't believe that there such a thing a gouging in a free market -ever-, I'm sure they are correct. But it must be pointed out how stupid the big mfgs are!!! I can't believe Win, Fed, Rem and the rest haven't raised their prices 400-500%, they must be run by fools! What a great chance to make $$$$ in the free market. I know some of the experts have pointed out that some of the mfgs are paying over time! they aren't making as much money per unit, but are only making a little extra because of volume. It's a shame the big mfgs don't have anyone with some real market experience-maybe this a good chance for some our "free market' experts to get a CEO job with one of the big boys!