• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats the big deal with TacOps rifle?

1/2" at what range? cause some factory rifle can also do that, its just if you get luck or not to get one of those. the end result is if the rifle can shoot better than factory one, the custom will usually guaranteed that, but if your factory rifle can shoot 1moa or less than i don't think you need to go custom. of course there is also the bling, and smoother functionality that come with custom. so in the end it will depend if its worthy to you or not
100 yards is pretty much the standard for moa guarantees. beyond 100 yards many other factors weigh in besides the accuracy of the rifle. My factory barreled action will shoot well, but not to the level of a Tac-Ops rifle. And there is a huge difference between 1/4moa and 1moa especially at mid-long range.

Yes-- He has made left handed models

Re: Whos gun is this?

whos gun is this
You think you recognize that one, eh? Well you do, it's yours. As beautiful as your Lefty X-Ray's action was in-the-white I prefer the completed, fitted rifle fully-dressed and ready-to-dance...

Lefty X-Ray 51 in “Tac Ops OD” Green-T & Black-T w/ Tac Ops Two-Piece Base and PMII 5-25X[56] 0.1 MIL CCW:

Keith

I know at least one person runs an AWC suppressor on a TacOps. Anyone else get a custom threaded 9/16 can for their TacOps without issue. Thinking about the TBAC as they will thread for it also.

OK . Let me start off by saying that I will never be able to afford or have my skills be at a level to deserve such a fine piece of art as these rifles clearly are.
Im just starting to get into machining, and am blown away with the tolerances this is made with! OUTSTANDING!

Its like something built to a perfect level. You keep up the great work, and I will keep on dreaming!

OK . Let me start off by saying that I will never be able to afford or have my skills be at a level to deserve such a fine piece of art as these rifles clearly are.
Im just starting to get into machining, and am blown away with the tolerances this is made with! OUTSTANDING!

Its like something built to a perfect level. You keep up the great work, and I will keep on dreaming!
I haven't seen one or handle it. But after read so many reviews I finally to ordered the xray 51, i can't wait for the phone call from TacOps :D.

My Tac-Ops X-Ray 51 is inbound after a year wait! Shipping today, I will post pictures of my Platform, along with my 3 shot group next to Mike R. qualifying test target. Please stand by !

Thanks
Steve,

My Tac-Ops X-Ray 51 is inbound after a year wait! Shipping today, I will post pictures of my Platform, along with my 3 shot group next to Mike R. qualifying test target. Please stand by !

Thanks
Steve,

Can't wait to see it.

Can someone give me a rough idea what one of his 308 cans cost without me calling to bug them? You can send me an PM if prefered.

Thanks

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
PFffft, my spr shoots 1.25" five shot grops at 200 yards. People act like 1" is something special with $6k guns. Off the shelf savages do it all the time. I see it every single weekend.

One hole groups. Not one inch groups. There is a big difference. Lol.

--Daniel

There is an old saying that rings true across a wide range of subjects: Don't be surprised if it costs 100% more to get that last 10% of improvement.

I don't own one, but the prices discussed here seem pretty reasonable to me given the results and compared to other custom builders.

Every time I go into a tac-ops thread, I want to sell a kidney.

Haha, maybe one day I'll bee good enough, and have the spare change to buy one.

I might have to give Mike a call and see if he'd sell me a trigger though. I loved the old Remington triggers.

The guy gets one number off and gets his nuts handed to him , come on Joe cut him some slack ;)

The First and second run on the Tac Ops BM’s were in 304 SS and the 3rd and 4th have been in 303. I have no doubt Keith heard me being a PITA on the 1st & 2ND production and that’s why his posts reflects that. Of Course he is not a machinist and had no idea that 303 is easy to work with and 304 is never fun...

Mike
Tac Ops

That one digit he missed is a pretty important distinction, though.

304 SS is miserable to work with. Of course I despise Hastelloy and Inconel more, but 304 ruined plenty a nice day at work for me.

Joe

A member at one of my clubs that I keep running into has a lot of nice rifles, including some Hart customs and a Lima 51.
They are all impressive but the Tac Ops is stupid accurate.
Someday...

Joe

I have had and shot quite a few of the TacOps rifles over the years and can say without question, if the shooter does his part the rifle will amaze you. Not cheap, but you pay for what you get. My personal preference is the Tango 51, go anywhere do anything rifle within its range. Does require more trigger time to master.

I have had and shot quite a few of the TacOps rifles over the years and can say without question, if the shooter does his part the rifle will amaze you. Not cheap, but you pay for what you get. My personal preference is the Tango 51, go anywhere do anything rifle within its range. Does require more trigger time to master.

More trigger time to master? Why is that? I ask because I have never had the honor to hold a Tango but it is one of the 3 models I am looking at when life stops getting in the way of a new rifle.

I always have and always will want to own a tacops rifle. There are literally no words to describe tacops rifles.

More trigger time to master? Why is that? I ask because I have never had the honor to hold a Tango but it is one of the 3 models I am looking at when life stops getting in the way of a new rifle.

I have 4 Tac Ops rifles. Get the Tango you won't be disappointed. I not sure by what was meant by more trigger time to master.

Not sure

I think its chosen by the customer but i could be wrong

Call mike hes a really cool guu

Calling Mike can be a very expensive phone call, I called him yesterday and next thing I know I'm ordering a Tango! And so begins the longest wait of my life....

What Barrel Contour does the Tango 51 come with?

The Tango 51 barrel contour is very close to a Factory Remington 700 P . We often install a larger contour on them but that would depend on the end users choice. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Special Enforcement Bureau one of our LEO Customer's for over 20 years have many heavy barreled Tango 51's. I for one like the VBC on the rifle as that would be my first choice but it would need to be Suppressed ;)

Calling Mike can be a very expensive phone call, I called him yesterday and next thing I know I'm ordering a Tango! And so begins the longest wait of my life....

Thank you for your order it was a pleasure to speak with you and not to worry if your other half calls I don't know you LOL.

Mike
Tac Ops

Tac-Ops X-Ray 51

DSCN2454 (800x600) (2).jpgDSCN2455 (800x600).jpgDSCN2456 (800x600).jpgDSCN2457 (800x600).jpgDSCN2458 (800x600).jpgThe wait is over, and as promised here are some pictures of my Tac-Ops X-Ray 51. After 6 months of research and narrowing my selection down to 3, I can't put it into words how pleased I am with my choice! The wait was long, but worth every year. The attention to detail is 2nd to none. Those who are researching and in the market for a Precision Platform, the pictures you are viewing online don't do these weapon justice.

Thanks to Mike, Joe and the guys at Tactical Operations for their hard work, and dedication, it truly shows in my Masterpiece.

Those of you in the market for a Tac-Ops Platform and are in the Illinois area, and interested in a viewing feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Steve,

Awesome rifle

I ordered one because of Mikes reputation for detail. I just hope my rifle will look like this when its all done. Rail system is a nice touch.

My Tango 51, Nightforce 5.5-22 50mm in MOA, Titanium TacOps Can. It has been my pride and joy and shooting it with the can and sub-sonic ammo makes me smile a lot for the rest of the day. Mike helped me narrow down my mission and it has been perfect. I've had it out to 1100 yards pinging 20x24" steel. To attach the Can and watch it time is just perfection. I wish I could shoot the group Mike sent with the gun. Alas, I am not worthy. But I am VERY HAPPY! I smile alot when I'm around it.

My Tango 51, Nightforce 5.5-22 50mm in MOA, Titanium TacOps Can. It has been my pride and joy and shooting it with the can and sub-sonic ammo makes me smile a lot for the rest of the day. Mike helped me narrow down my mission and it has been perfect. I've had it out to 1100 yards pinging 20x24" steel. To attach the Can and watch it time is just perfection. I wish I could shoot the group Mike sent with the gun. Alas, I am not worthy. But I am VERY HAPPY! I smile alot when I'm around it.

Sweet Tango! I can't wait to recieve mine!

It blows my mind to this day. It's like a double standard or something. Why the fuck do people scoff at the price of mike's rifles? They are no more expensive than any top notch rifle out there, and have more craftsmanship than you can find in any custom rifle in existence. But still, people ask, "why are they so costly?" , but they'll line up to drop 8k on an accuracy international or 4k on an s&b scope. Christ. Mike's rifles are one of a kind. Yes, they are worth the money.

This thread makes me want to take out a mortgage.

By the way mike, what's your take on the KMW sentinel stock? I understand it's still made by McMillan. Any interest at all in using it on a build?

Last edited:
I waited almost two years for my Lima51 many years ago. Recently, I shot 6 consecutive rounds in 4" at 600 yards, .66MOA. This rifle is amazing, and the standard to which I aspire to shoot well.

20200112_181508.jpg

Over a decade now. How’s the memory holding up?
It definately isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. Just makes me realize how long i've been in the game now. It's a fraction of what many have been here for, but having my business for 10 1/2 years now, feels like i've been around a very long time.

Branden