• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the most stupid thing you've been told?

Cabelas employee: "Can I help you?"
Me: "Just looking at your price for match 300 Win Mag."
Employee: "Where do you buy it?"
Me: "Usually just online. I did get 6 boxes of Federal 190 Match for about $22/box from midway."
Employee: "That's too cheap, probably counterfeit ammo."
Hahahahahahahahhaa

Y’all seen the video of the 300blk guy doing mag dumps from the hip on a indoor range? The one that fucking Grenaded the upper? That happened because he was using over charged cases with “benchrest” primers that we’re to light for a gas gun.

Guy at work told me he shot a deer with his 06 so far away he as able to set his rifle down and light a cigarette before he heard the bullet impact.

You need a class three license to own suppressors

“IVe mAdE mY aR fUlL aUtO bY fIlInG tHe TrIgGer DoWN”.... they never end.

Reactions: camotoe and Bender
Ballistic coefficient doesn’t matter until your in subsonic. The 220 in my friends 300 WM is going about the same speed as the 250 in my .338 LM, so their drops should be about the same.

They weren’t...

Fortunately, this guy is a newish shooter that “took a class” so he already knows everything. I asked some questions and offered to assist him to get his rifle on target, but he already knew better than me and was going back to his range to check his zero...uh huh...

I wished them both luck.

It’s too bad really, because he has this younger guy under his wing and is “teaching him everything”. I hate to see that waste of good possibilities.

Fortunately, this guy is a newish shooter that “took a class” so he already knows everything. I asked some questions and offered to assist him to get his rifle on target, but he already knew better than me and was going back to his range to check his zero...uh huh...

I wished them both luck.

It’s too bad really, because he has this younger guy under his wing and is “teaching him everything”. I hate to see that waste of good possibilities.
When I offer my services to aid or assist a new shooter, and they scoff at me with their “I took a class” or “I see’nt it on YouTube” bullshit it makes me so angry lol.

Reactions: AIAW
It’s one thing to not know what you don’t know. It’s another to assume that you already know everything and are not looking to find out what you don’t know.

It’s one thing to not know what you don’t know. It’s another to assume that you already know everything and are not looking to find out what you don’t know.
Correct, I absolutely hate that. If I don’t know I flat out don’t know, and I ain’t gonna hemhah around and act like I do. I don’t get these “already got it” folks. I’m a wealth of knowledge and I don’t know half the shit I wanna know and I sure won’t act like it. I’m always trying to learn because somebody always knows something or seen something that I don’t or haven’t. Gotta be a sponge when it come to marksmanship. No matter how much water you soak up!

I feel the same way about anything
Mr. Kenneth Mercer shits out of his mouth.

Dude I bet. I used to be a FF/EMT (full time) and no shit, I could feel my brain cells killing themselves off everyday I was on shift with the shit some of my coworkers would spew.

I didn't think it could get any worse... But I was wrong. My current gig has me questioning if I'm even still alive and if this is some twisted purgatory hell that I'm being forced to endure. But, for those wondering where they send people who get denied employment as a Walmart greeter...

Sigh.

God, if it didn't happen again last weekend! I'm at Cabelas' buying some cleaning supplies. A much older guy, luckily a customer, in his late '70's, sees me picking out some nylon brushes I needed and he just rudely interrupts my friend talking to me and proceeded to tell me, don't buy them, I don't know how to clean a gun and I'll ruin my barrels! I asked him, how in the hell this can happen and he told me he knew better than me from shooting for decades. Told him I've now been shooting for 50+ years, know what I'm doing and he was wrong. He really starts ranting again about how I am stupid and don't know anything, so I put my 3xl hand right in front of his face and say stop!, unless you can show me right now your degree in Metallurgy, shut the F#%k up and go away! Finally dawns on him that he is literally in my shadow as I am the size of an NFL linebacker so he turns around, starts mumbling and walks away.

I kid you not, I am a magnet for this, as I have had it happen more times to me, at places ranging from Wally World, to real gun stores and at ranges, than I can believe!

Y’all seen the video of the 300blk guy doing mag dumps from the hip on a indoor range? The one that fucking Grenaded the upper? That happened because he was using over charged cases with “benchrest” primers that we’re to light for a gas gun.

Guy at work told me he shot a deer with his 06 so far away he as able to set his rifle down and light a cigarette before he heard the bullet impact.

A coworker of my dad's tried that exact same line, but about being a sniper in Vietnam.

Reactions: ajdemar215
When a cease fire was called on the line the RSO told a shooter to go back to his AR15, drop his magazine, and lock the bolt back. He dropped his loaded magazine and told the RSO his bolt doesn't lock back. I offered to assist - cleared a live round and locked the bolt back. He was unaware of the bolt catch. I offered to familiarize him with the AR15 but he was not interested. Obviously everyone else on the line kept an eye on him.

It’s a real thing. Called Dunning Kruger Effect.

I only play dumb on the interwebs

Shock wave off 50cal will kill you.
Bullets rise after leaving the muzzle

Had a guy tell me he was shooting the "red target paster" when I was spotting for him. I said hold on a sec, I'm not with you, what paster you shooting at? He says "the red one". And I said, man I don't see any red on the target, and he says; "well its really orange, but in the military we are told to use base colors and red is easier to say than orange is".

Uhm. wtf. over?

One time when at a big box store, I was inquiring the price of a 22 mag rifle on the shelf. (Couldnt see the tag from in front of the counter). Employee told me that I didn't want to buy a 22 mag as it is impossible to get ammo for. No less than 3 local shops and 2 different big box stores had em in stock.

O and my other fav... "o you were in the Marines, I almost joined but ..."

Bullets rise after leaving the muzzle
I would say the common parlance of falling is losing altitude. So if you throw a ball straight up, it is in a "free fall"; defined as only being acted upon by gravity. But, it is also gaining altitude which the common parlance would be rising, at least until it reaches its max ordnance. So I would give someone who says that "bullets rise after leaving the muzzle" the benefit of the doubt that they mean that the bullet gains altitude (aside from shooting downhill) because the muzzle is pointed up. I think there are very few people who think some magical force pushes the bullet up as it leaves the barrel.

My son and I are in our favorite LGS. Son observes guy accompanied by girl near the wall where zillions of magazines are displayed. Guy declares he has to get a magazine for his AK-47 and picks up a 30-rounder for an AR. Girl says, that doesn't look quite right. They sort of grumble at each other for a minute, then guy puts it back and picks up an SKS mag and tells girl he has the right mag now and that's that, and they head for the checkout.

My son kept his peace. I told him that was a wise move, because you never want to tell a guy, however indirectly, that he's wrong, then wrong again, in a gun store, in front of a female....

• Haha
Reactions: DirtyContractor
My wife works for the local health department. Was doing an inspection of a nail place. She saw somebody wash their GLOVED hands, take off the gloves, and then put new gloves on.

Back to the gun related...
Was watching the show Bones with my wife. Season 6 ep 15. There is a supposed air burst bullet. They originally say it is 110 Caliber minimum. Later say it is 20mm scaled down from a 25mm. And it is shot from a Barrett m82 lookalike.

Back to the gun related...
Was watching the show Bones with my wife. Season 6 ep 15. There is a supposed air burst bullet. They originally say it is 110 Caliber minimum. Later say it is 20mm scaled down from a 25mm. And it is shot from a Barrett m82 lookalike.

Hi,

Well that sounds like the show was trying to highlight the Barrett XM109 with 25x59 air burst grenades.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm

My grandpa used to say, shot it so far away, I had to put salt on my bullet to keep the meat from spoiling while I walked over.

The range "master" must have missed his class on external ballistics, or he could have gotten his info from G. Gordon Liddy who thinks the bullet from an M16 is supposed to come out tumbling. I hope I just misinterpreted, perhaps he was talking about terminal ballistics rather than external.
Yeah, I’ve heard that one before too. The
M16 bullets tumble in flight, that’s why it causes devastating wounds on people shot. So, when I corrected this guy, he got affended. This is why I don’t shoot at public ranges anymore.

Guns and ammo TV. ?‍♂️
B70A3214-D70D-4401-A45F-80ADA4807A87.jpeg
CD7EF59D-AA7B-4014-840C-1366F065D4D8.jpeg

I have a friend who always gives me a hard time for spending so much on my bolt guns. Yet he has over 20 handguns which is cool and all but I am sick of him giving me shit. I called him out on it and he said, "Quantity over quality." I then asked if he was joking. He wasn't.

"Why would you buy a AI when you can buy 10 Ruger Americans?" :rolleyes:

I have a friend who always gives me a hard time for spending so much on my bolt guns. Yet he has over 20 handguns which is cool and all but I am sick of him giving me shit. I called him out on it and he said, "Quantity over quality." I then asked if he was joking. He wasn't.

Is that his philosophy when he hits the bars?

Reactions: Pathtolongrange
Overheard an angry older gent at the local gun store explaining to the owner that the gun industry was dying and companies such as Remington etc. were going bankrupt because they were making "these plastic guns that people refuse to buy, people want a wood gun!" "Start back making wood and your companies won't go bankrupt!"

Stupidest thing... tapered bullets are designed to work in tapered barrels...

In the proper context of vintage-style, single-shot rifles, e.g., .32-40, 45-70, etc., not so stupid. Tapered lead bullets into tapered chamber (some will incorrectly say tapered barrel), known as breech-seating.

Alas, different forum.

In the proper context of vintage-style, single-shot rifles, e.g., .32-40, 45-70, etc., not so stupid. Tapered lead bullets into tapered chamber (some will incorrectly say tapered barrel), known as breech-seating.

Alas, different forum.
True... tapered lead-in to rifling was also used way back when.

Though that was not the context of the wizard who brought that one up on the range one day. :rolleyes:

sirhrmechanic - Ask the wizard what type of bullet do I use for a gain-twist barrel? You do know the bullet velocity will increase compared to a standard barrel? :oops:

Stupidest thing... tapered bullets are designed to work in tapered barrels...

Not making that up...

Sirhr

P.S.
And... Leave it to WW2 Germany and their anti tank gun designers to actually try to make this work. Some dogs you just don't try to pet.

With respect Sirhr, Fred.

You can only shoot one at a time.

Unless you have 10 kids, or a private paramilitary organization to outfit, I don't see your buddy's logic.

I was wearing a mandalorian shirt from OP tactical that has the SF crossed arrows on it at the gym.
Rando: "Hey you know what that is right?"
Me: Yeah I know what's on it.
Rando: That's a SF shirt man.
Me: Technically not but were you with group?
Rando: Yeah.
Me: Which.
Rando: Uh 13th group.
Me: *gives the Jim look*

Someone was trying to say that Trump made a deal with Muller to get out of an obstruction of justice charge.

When a cease fire was called on the line the RSO told a shooter to go back to his AR15, drop his magazine, and lock the bolt back. He dropped his loaded magazine and told the RSO his bolt doesn't lock back. I offered to assist - cleared a live round and locked the bolt back. He was unaware of the bolt catch. I offered to familiarize him with the AR15 but he was not interested. Obviously everyone else on the line kept an eye on him.

did this happen to be a Puerto Rican fella with a Sig 516 at Clarks Bros?

did this happen to be a Puerto Rican fella with a Sig 516 at Clarks Bros?
Oh God, Clark Brothers, don't get me started! Stopped going there many years ago because of the stupid shit I saw there, plus you had to buy their ammo. Did have a lot of fun back in the day and the Mom and Pop diners were worth the drive, plus the real Gun Show they used to have just around the corner at the Roller Rink, I think? Now, I go there to just look around after I've stopped in at the Cabelas' in Gainsville and to eat at that great Dairy Stand just down the road a few miles.