• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What's the REAL story on SWFA?

They have some 2.5-10 ultralights on their web sight not marked down also. They aren't clearing out everything.

I had one of the ultralights on backorder but canceled my order after bunch of people told me they were no bueno.

How would you compare the ultralight to the Razor LH 2-10?
Light in front of the scope causes a white-out situation. For times when you can manage light well, is fine; for times you cannot, it is a paperweight...

And a paperweight when you need a scope is a bad bad thing.

Anyone heard anything more about when the new SWFA revamped models might be slated to come out?

Well it’s been another 6 months. Anybody got any intel on the new SWFA scopes?

I’m sure people do have intel on them, one person has commented in this thread, but anybody who does isn’t going to be allowed to share. You have to wait until they’re ready to release the info, whenever that time comes. If we’re lucky it’s next week at SHOT.

I’m patiently waiting on some fixed 6x powers I ordered during their July 4th sale. Anyone here received back ordered scope from that sale?

• Wow
Reactions: rlsmith1
I do not think you will see anything from SWFA at SHOT, but there is not too much of a wait left. As soon as they give me the go ahead, I'll divulge the details. Until then, I can't do anything beyond what's in a couple of articles I did for G&A SIP last year.

ILya
Do you have a link to those articles?

I’m patiently waiting on some fixed 6x powers I ordered during their July 4th sale. Anyone here received back ordered scope from that sale?
I asked them maybe last September when they planned to have the 3-9's back in stock. They said they had no idea. I don't know how that can be taken seriously. Not even a loose estimate or a reason, just "I dunno". Some people have been waiting a LONG time for scopes they paid for.

How are people going to be taken care of who bought a known-quantity scope 6-12+ months ago that never showed up, when they're launching new scopes? Unless something changed there were a number of guys who ordered LAST black friday who were still waiting on their scopes.

Reactions: TxLite
I was going to guess that they'd be at the NRA show next month but don't see them on the exhibitor list. I just checked the website, down to just SWFA scopes and the 6x are out of stock.

I asked them maybe last September when they planned to have the 3-9's back in stock. They said they had no idea. I don't know how that can be taken seriously. Not even a loose estimate or a reason, just "I dunno". Some people have been waiting a LONG time for scopes they paid for.

How are people going to be taken care of who bought a known-quantity scope 6-12+ months ago that never showed up, when they're launching new scopes? Unless something changed there were a number of guys who ordered LAST black friday who were still waiting on their scopes.

Yeah, I’ve been a little surprised the fix powered scopes have not come in yet. In fairness, they have not charged for the scopes yet and I think their practice is not to charge until they actually ship them.

I’m hoping for a scaled down version of the 5-20x50 illuminated in something like a 3-15x42 in the 22oz range.

Reactions: bobke
I'd be very happy with with a version of the 3-9 with capped or locking turrets (would be ok if the elevation wasn't locking, but had a ZS). I'd also buy one of their 2.5-10 ultralights with a decent Mil reticle in it.

Folks have been using the 3-9 and 6x on hunting rifles for years with work-a-rounds like removing the windage knob and replacing with a rubber cap or tape or whatever. I could probably print a cap and kludge it together, but it seems like a miss for SWFA to not address the hunting market.

As it is, the Mark 4HDs are looking like a good entry albeit for double the money.

I'd be very happy with with a version of the 3-9 with capped or locking turrets (would be ok if the elevation wasn't locking, but had a ZS). I'd also buy one of their 2.5-10 ultralights with a decent Mil reticle in it.

Folks have been using the 3-9 and 6x on hunting rifles for years with work-a-rounds like removing the windage knob and replacing with a rubber cap or tape or whatever. I could probably print a cap and kludge it together, but it seems like a miss for SWFA to not address the hunting market.

As it is, the Mark 4HDs are looking like a good entry albeit for double the money.
The new turrets on the 10x reviewed in the G&A give us those things. Hopefully the 6x and 3-9x get the same upgrade. And hopefully that new tree reticle is optional rather than mandatory.