• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What's your daily CC gun?

For those who carry with a combo rig for their firearm and spare mag, how do you do a tactical reload? Seems like you'd have to switch the firearm into your off hand, reach for your mag with your strong hand. Then fumble to get the mag into your off hand while putting the firearm back into your strong hand. That seems like a bunch of confusion or a lot of time to do all of that. I usually carry a spare mag in my off hand pocket or run a mag holder on my belt on the off hand side.

I'm not saying I'm some know it all, but I just don't see it.

Tactical reload? Do you have to be wearing a plate carrier for a reload to be tactical? What if all you could afford is a pair of 5.11 combat khakis. . does that count?

Most handgun combat instructors advise against combo holsters for the very practical concerns you mention: basically, if you can't get to your spare mag without transferring your gun to your other hand, then you don't have a spare mag.

A different carry weapon for the past couple of months is a G33 -- .357Sig with extensions for the Glock mags (10 + 1) loaded with Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain.

Took the Kimber Ultra Carry loaded with Winchester 230gr PDX1 today. Gotta love cool weather as a coat over a Winthrop OWB and I'm good to go!

Nighthawk Border Special 1911 (.45) or Wilson EDC X9 (9mm) if I can carry full size. Glock 43 if I need to go smaller.

Due strictly to current circumstances, I have changed my EDC from my usual Walther PPS to my Canik TP9SA. It isn't as easily concealable, but if things get sporty I'd rather have 18+1 with two extra mags in my hip pocket (totaling 55rnds) than 7+1 and an extra 8 in my pocket.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Due strictly to current circumstances, I have changed my EDC from my usual Walther PPS to my Canik TP9SA. It isn't as easily concealable, but if things get sporty I'd rather have 18+1 with two extra mags in my hip pocket (totaling 55rnds) than 7+1 and an extra 8 in my pocket.
Amen! Normally carry a Stacatto-C but as the madness increases I feel much better with the Stacatto-P with 17+1 onboard and 2x20 in reserve!

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: plong
Is that a Sheepdog?

edit to add: Or a CQC-14?

Last edited:
I dont think its a stretch. I carry a CZ Shadow 2 with a x300 (kinda concealed), spare mag, SF light, ZT folder, and an Esee Izula when off duty.

The only thing I’d change is perhaps pick up a CZ RAMI or carry my Glock 26 if I needed to actually conceal my handgun. I live in Alabama though, open carry is legal and Constitutional Carry is in the pipeline, again.

I mean, I carry the pistol, a mag, and a folder. I skip the light and fixed blade though. By the time I add keys, phone, and wallet I'm out of pocket space. My diabetic ass has my pump and glucometer on all the time too though, so I guess that makes up for the space.

Yeah I’m seeing how I like carrying the Izula in conjunction with a folder. Definitely made short work of 10 pounds of top sirloin steak today for meal prep.

Can’t recommend enough grabbing a small EDC light to carry. If space is an issue, check out Olight’s I3T. I use it attached to a PC for running at night, definitely good brightness for the size.

FN 509 Compact type 2 RMR06. Apex enhanced trigger and trijicon suppressor height sights.
IMG_0957.jpg

I have been carrying a 43 the majority of the time since late 2014 when they first came out, I appendix carry with TTi +2 baseplates on the mags. I also have a 45 MOS I carry sometimes in the winter. Once the new 43X and 48 come out with the light rails, I will likely pick up a 48 and slap on a Surefire XC1 and retire the 43 to a go-bag. I like the 19 MOS as well, I might end up replacing the 45 MOS with a 19 MOS later this year and retire the 45 MOS to pair with my 19X that I use in classes. Then I'll have the same gun, one with an optic and one without for classes.

Reactions: MEL07
I carry a Springfield XDS in .45 or Ruger LCP. I like the springfield because it doesnt rub on bare skin.

Kimber .45ACP 1911 Tactical Ultra II in a Galco Leather Combat Master
Or
Glock G19 semicustom, windowed slide in FDE, fluted barrel, RMR cut w. Suppressor hight fiberoptic sights, Holosun 507c, stippled grip w. Finger grooves removed, trigger, and Streamlight TLR8g in a T5 custom Kydex

But I have been wearing my G19x w
TLR7 in a Muddy River Kydex the last few days. Just to swap it up.

G43 in a Gcode incognito. A spyderco folder and a powertac light.

Depending on the day, I carry a G43x/48 in a Galco Combat Master or a Nighthawk T3 in a Jason Winnie pancake.

I've been carrying a Glock 23 CC for awhile now. But, in these troubled times we're seeing with the virus, I've noticed people acting like extreme idiots. As such, I've also gone back to the addition of a "truck" gun like in the old days. My truck gun is a Freedom Arms 9mm PCC with a 16" barrel and red dot sight. I've got it set up so I can get to it pretty fast, and it will go bang 33 times before it runs dry. That extra velocity from that 16" barrel is also a morale booster.

S&W Shield in the summer and STI DVC Carry the rest of the time. Sheepdog all the time . The STI wears great but I can't conceal it well in a T shirt.

Either a Sig p229 Legion when I'm wearing pants with a belt or a Sig p938 if I'm in comfy shorts.

Kahr PM9 in a crossbreed mini tuck holster with a Glock 20 and RMR in truck.
I am following this and other threads closely since I am thinking the Kahr, while good for up close emergency, isn’t enough...

CZ P07 AIWB in a Vedder Lighttuck. I have a preference for DA/SA, especially when carrying AIWB. 15 + 1 works well, and I don't have any trouble concealing it in most circumstances.

Vedder-light-tuck-cz-p07-1024x769.jpg

Reactions: MadDuner
Polymer80 subcompact in an alien gear iwb holster. I bought a friends glock 27 parts kit to finish it initially and added a 9mm conversion barrel and a few 12 round p-mags a few months later

I think I’m going to get a cheap kydex holster that’s a little easier to clip to my belt, the alien gear is nice but a little too cumbersome.

Sig P365 with flat trigger instal. Magazine release switched to for index finger.

Last edited: