• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats Your Personal Goal ?

Re: Whats Your Personal Goal ?

I make too many fitness goals, sometimes they conflict with each other. Ultimately my goal is to make it into MARSOC, so whatever I need to do to get there, thats my plan.

Does anyone have a killer ab routine?

My goal in 2011 is to compete in the Beton Harbor Steelhead Half Ironman Triathlon, and to do it in under 6 hours. That is the goal.

1 - Not get fatter (6'1" approx. 205, 49 yrs old)
I don't really have a weight goal, just don't want my waist to increase.
2 - Keep in good enough shape to do the things I enjoy.
3 - Avoid health problems.
4 - Gain some upper body strength

Currently I workout three days a week.

Gain 10 pounds of additional lean muscle mass, and then drop three pounds of fat and cut up. Final result will be 210 lbs with 10 percent body fat. This is my one year goal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My goal was a Century bike race...Now its to do a Century and not feel like I'm going to die the last 30 miles!

Next Springs is a Olympic Triathlon! </div></div>

Let me know if you ever want to go for a ride man I've done just about a century before
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OFIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goals (perpetual)

A: don't get fat
B: don't get weak
C: don't get diabetes
</div></div>

Amen to that!

Great thread and very timely for me.

I recently went to the doctor for a check up, haven't been in years. Turns out I'm on the same track as my dad if I don't start acting right and now. I have high cholesterol, slightly high blood pressure and my resting heartbeat is probably 20 beats faster than it was when I got regular exercise. Long story short, I've let myself go and need to do something about it now before it turns into heart/artery damage and diabetes. I am 5'9", 225lbs, fat, out of shape and have poor eating and drinking habits. I DID however quit dipping 2 months ago (9/27), a 3 can per day habit and have not cheated once so I will pat myself on the back for that. I turn 31 in 2 weeks so this is the time I need to be getting into more healthy habits.

I actually started running this morning, 1.6 miles of jog/walk and felt like I was going to die. Kinda embarrassing really.

Here are some goals that I think I should be able to attain:

By end of the year.
-Lose 10 pounds.
-Run 2 miles without stopping.
-50 push ups
-Don't drink any soft drinks
-Eat right

4 Month goals
-Lose 30 pounds
-Run 3.5 miles without stopping, 5days/week.
-100 push ups/200 sit ups.
-Eat/drink right

1 Year Goals
-Bench press 1.5x body weight 10 reps
-Lose 50 pounds
-Run 6 miles nonstop 5 days/week
-Complete a short triathlon
-Start training for half ironman
-Be Healthy, be Fit, look better, feel better.

My fitness goals do not revolve around my body: I constantly strive for a general level of fitness, but my goal is to have a disciplined mind - one which can take a man farther than can strength or bravery.
Because twenty years ago I saw many climbers fit enough to get to the top of the North Buttress of Mount Hunter, Alaska, in Alpine style. But very, very few managed to do it. And, even then, I wasn't in the same league as those who attempted it. Fitness had nothing to do with it.

Try to cut loose some stress . Im almost 40 would like to see 50 .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great thread and very timely for me.

I recently went to the doctor for a check up, haven't been in years. Turns out I'm on the same track as my dad if I don't start acting right and now. I have high cholesterol, slightly high blood pressure and my resting heartbeat is probably 20 beats faster than it was when I got regular exercise. Long story short, I've let myself go and need to do something about it now before it turns into heart/artery damage and diabetes. I am 5'9", 225lbs, fat, out of shape and have poor eating and drinking habits. I DID however quit dipping 2 months ago (9/27), a 3 can per day habit and have not cheated once so I will pat myself on the back for that. I turn 31 in 2 weeks so this is the time I need to be getting into more healthy habits.

I actually started running this morning, 1.6 miles of jog/walk and felt like I was going to die. Kinda embarrassing really.

By end of the year.
-Lose 10 pounds.
-50 push ups
-Eat right

4 Month goals
-Lose 30 pounds
-Eat/drink right

1 Year Goals
-Lose 50 pounds
-Be Healthy, be Fit, look better, feel better. </div></div>
good for you man,
i gave up soda,candy,fastfood,and all together junkfood back in highschool during lent... haven't had any for 20yrs, don't miss it one bit, but can oddly remember the taste of every soda and candy bar on the shelf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great thread and very timely for me.

By end of the year.
-Lose 10 pounds.
-50 push ups
-Eat right

4 Month goals
-Lose 30 pounds
-Eat/drink right

1 Year Goals
-Lose 50 pounds
-Be Healthy, be Fit, look better, feel better. </div></div>
good for you man,
i gave up soda,candy,fastfood,and all together junkfood back in highschool during lent... haven't had any for 20yrs, don't miss it one bit, but can oddly remember the taste of every soda and candy bar on the shelf.</div></div>

My thing is the Mountain Dew, I go through a ton of it. I've switched to ice tea with some lemonade crystal lite mixed in it as a substitute and it's pretty good and has no sugar in it. I started drinking coffee at work too, which is something that I've never really done, but now I'm drinking tons of it, just plain black coffee. For breakfast it's a cup of oatmeal and a piece of fruit. Lunch is my big meal of the day. A piece of fruit or something small at work and that's it.

My personal goal is the have a foursome with three hot lesbians.....

.....I'll probably just have another piece of pie though....

My goal is to get back to serious training again in Wing Chun. I got out 1 1/2 years ago when I got 4 rips busted and my left collar bone cracked. I have started some of the endurance stuff but to the fighting part not so much as it is no pulled punches and no pads. Just wanting to make sure I'm healed 100 percent first. I also would like to drop 15 to 20 pounds, thats not that big of a deal though just a small step when training starts back.

My personal goal is to be able to knock down a 20ft tree with my punches, kicks, knees, and elbows. No I'm not joking. Does it hurt? Only for a little bit. Is it crazy? Depends who you ask and for what reasons you do it for. I'm going to break that tree or its going to break me.
Purpose for it is to build stronger bones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My personal goal is the have a foursome with three hot lesbians.....

.....I'll probably just have another piece of pie though.... </div></div>

thats a high standard for a personal goal, i hope you achieve the first, but the latter of the two seems more logical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My personal goal is the have a foursome with three hot lesbians.....

thats a high standard for a personal goal, i hope you achieve the first, but the latter of the two seems more logical. </div></div>

A fellas gotta have dreams......

..........good thing I really like pie.....
smile.gif

uncledillers you can get your resting heart rate down to the 30's but that'll be when your sleeping. Resting heart rate when awake will probley be high 40's at best. This is exceptional heart rate to say the least, and it'll take you about a month of everyday training to achieve.
At the very least your spending 30min-1hr of cardio (running, jump rope, shadow boxing, ect), and IF YOU NEGLECT THIS TRAINING FOR 1 WEEK! Your back to square one and have an other month to get your heart back in shape. Diligence diligence diligence is the key to mastery. Make sure to change your workout approuch in about a month so you don't plateau.

Having a foursom with lesbian?! In your dreamn because if they did that they would be bisexual
cool.gif

It will take more than a month, and a lot more than 30min to an hour a day, to get your heart rate down that low. And you wouldn't lose much of anything after one week. Two to three weeks of bed rest might put you at square one. And you don't have to change your workouts when doing endurance training, just keep adding volume. If you plateau, you probably need to rest a few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love Mountain Dew when I need a huge shot of caffeine on the road - but I drink Diet Mountain Dew.
</div></div>
I've been hooked on about ten to twelve cans of Mt Dew a day since the early 90s. I'm four weeks clean this coming Thursday. I've switched to sprite or Sierra mist. I don't drink as many of them and they are about thirty less calories too. If I can stay out of the snack machine at work would help a lot too. My goal is to be twenty five lbs lighter and be able to run a mile without stopping. I was in very good shape when I used to rice farm then I went to work at the farm co op and ate and drank like I did when I used to get excercise. Now, fiftteen years later it has caught up to me. I need lots of cardio.

Interesting KansasMag not to be an ass but could you please refer some refrence material. It'll take me some time to gather the information on my end since I read my books about five years ago. Is there more recent studies that came out since then? So do please clarify.

A couple of months ago I had my heart checked 104/70 with a pulse of 53bpm resting. That was an average of one hour a day but thats just my personal experience with personal fitness, but then again I've managed other physical feats that most don't manage to grasp.

53bpm is a lot differnt than 35bpm, maybe that is something you need to grasp. You can't read some personal training cert books and get decent info. If you're so experienced with fitness you should be able to find some research studies. But since you're special:
http://adisonline.com.er.lib.k-state.edu...ological.2.aspx
Look at this study and all of the refereces at the bottom of this study. #54 is a good one. It is from 1986 so this is old info.

Just to add, Iam already at a 44bpm resting heart rate, so Droping into the 30s is only 4 beats per minute less, and Its already looking like a endurance filled year for me in 2011, I think its do-able.

Calm down Kanses no need to call me special. Can't know everything you know. Its just what I've researched geez. Thanks anyways, and just so you know some lab test show that your heart rate decreases while sleeping. Just never heard of it while someboyd is awake.
How are you suppose to learn if you don't ask? And here I thought science was always subject to change when needed to when newer more recent findings prove otherwise. Thanks anyways.

uncledillers wow! Certainly have me beat at my best on that one. Tell us how it goes and post some of your work-out secrets
laugh.gif

----edite----
Not to burst your bubble Kanses but the link you provided is to a university and only faculty students and staff have access.....I could try getting a temporary pass to view the information, but I can't from my home laptop....I'll try the public libary sunday to see if they can give temporary access. Maybe this is the reason I don't have access to such information?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bag all the running. Your going to kill you knee's when you get older. Biking is better and alot better on the joints. Trust me on this at 20 years in and one major knee overhaul.Im 50 now and paying for it. Keep lean. Bulk/heavy muscle slows you down.</div></div>

+1 on this. My Wife is a PT, and a runner, or was a runner. Bad knee and a pelvis fracture. She is cycling now. I just bought her a healthrider for the inside, and building her a road bike. OUCH. I could of bought 2 NFX's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">My personal goal is the have a foursome with</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">three hot lesbians</span>.....

3 hot lesbo's sounds like you will be a'watchin..enjoying ur warm apple pie.

OK back and 44bpm resting rate is doable. Had my heart checked and it came to 44bpm and thats with my lazy 30min workout min a day. Which doesn't mean you can't exceed that routine.

Books I think people should really consider Bruce Lee's notes on martial arts (compiled by a friend, and notes found in his wife's home). Expressing the Human Body will tell you about cardio, weight lift ect.
And if you don't think he is a good source for info then I think you should reconsider your position, and do some history on the man.
If you find any translated scripts on martial arts are good as weel. Or if you read Japanese then the original will do well. I'll post some books on the subject later when I find them. Gave them all away sadly.

New fitness goal for this coming new year is eating 165 consecutive tomales.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyclad Shinobi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Resting heart rate when awake will probley be high 40's at best. This is exceptional heart rate to say the least, and it'll take you about a month of everyday training to achieve.
At the very least your spending 30min-1hr of cardio (running, jump rope, shadow boxing, ect), and IF YOU NEGLECT THIS TRAINING FOR 1 WEEK! Your back to square one and have an other month to get your heart back in shape. </div></div>

The levels of BS in this sub-forum seem to dwarf others. You really think your heart de-conditions in a week? Based on what?

My resting HR, awake unless I'm sleep-typing, is 37. Yes, it is that low because I've run over 3000 miles this year and 97 last week alone. In the summer when I rested up for a couple days, I registered a 27 sitting in the doctor's office (that raised a few eyebrows).

I took 6 months completely off running in 2009. My resting HR was still in the high 40s.

My goals are to stay alive long enough in the military to see 20 years of service for that sweet retirement plan. then come home and do police force for another 20yrs and have a second retirement plan. That sounds pretty sweet to me. I've allready got most of my physical goals acompolished and really only have school grades to think about. The rest is second nature. Oh, i'd love to be able to shoot .10MOA at 1000+ yrds too, that would be fantastic!

Currently
5'10 177 lbs

i have two goals...but i need to choose one cause they are opposite directions.

1st.
lose 7 lbs of FAT and train more for endurance and flexibility for MMA stuff

gain 5 or more lbs of muscle even if the bodyfat stays the same and try to reach 405 flat barbell bench and 495x5 deads.

i want to be more lean and athletic for fighting and i like how my body looks when im more trim. but being stronger is also something i want... so, im kinda leaving it up to my wife to decide what she wants me to do. i want both very bad. but i think we would both choose the more athletic version than the heavier version. so those are my short term goals ie 1-2 maybe 3 months (not gaining that much muscle that fast)

Go the "fighter" rout and just build super lean muscle from there. You will eventually get stronger as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go the "fighter" rout and just build super lean muscle from there. You will eventually get stronger as well. </div></div>
exactly. the past few months i have stayed about the same weight and BF has dropped and strength has gone up so i'm on the right track. if i can cut down a little and retain all my muscle id be happy, then try to maintain the BF and gain more muscle here and there.

Start and complete all 90 days of P90X which should lead to the weight loss I am looking for (~30 lbs) and better overall condition and increased strength.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sackett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go the "fighter" rout and just build super lean muscle from there. You will eventually get stronger as well. </div></div>
exactly. the past few months i have stayed about the same weight and BF has dropped and strength has gone up so i'm on the right track. if i can cut down a little and retain all my muscle id be happy, then try to maintain the BF and gain more muscle here and there. </div></div>

At one point i thought you had a choice between getting huge and super strong (high weight low reps/sets) or gain endurance and get super cut (lower weight and alot of reps/sets) and those were the only two options. Well i initially wanted to get bigger as most teenagers do and then i started reaching my upper extreems for my class and age group. I was outlifting alot of seniors my sophmore year. Then i got sick of it and went after getting cut instead. So after a couple months of that i actually noticed i could bench, squat, and power clean so much more than before. It was cool and i love the endurance i have now when lifting. Im used to doing around 15 reps and 5 sets for most excercizes and around 20lbs under my old 3-rep-max weights. I think this is the smartest way to go. Obviously switching off between styles is a smart thing to do as well

Small goal first....Just want to run 2 miles under 12 min, and hopfully lose 20 lbs. After that will have to see but getting my bech back over 400 would be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sackett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go the "fighter" rout and just build super lean muscle from there. You will eventually get stronger as well. </div></div>
exactly. the past few months i have stayed about the same weight and BF has dropped and strength has gone up so i'm on the right track. if i can cut down a little and retain all my muscle id be happy, then try to maintain the BF and gain more muscle here and there. </div></div>

At one point i thought you had a choice between getting huge and super strong (high weight low reps/sets) or gain endurance and get super cut (lower weight and alot of reps/sets) and those were the only two options. Well i initially wanted to get bigger as most teenagers do and then i started reaching my upper extreems for my class and age group. I was outlifting alot of seniors my sophmore year. Then i got sick of it and went after getting cut instead. So after a couple months of that i actually noticed i could bench, squat, and power clean so much more than before. It was cool and i love the endurance i have now when lifting. Im used to doing around 15 reps and 5 sets for most excercizes and around 20lbs under my old 3-rep-max weights. I think this is the smartest way to go. Obviously switching off between styles is a smart thing to do as well </div></div>

i've started the "cutting" today. hopped on the treadmill for the first time in over a year. never had an issue with fat so i never ran. working out hard keeps my heart rate almost perfect for fat loss for over an hour. i figure i'm about 10% bodyfat now. shooting for 7-8 when i lose the pounds. goal is to still maintain benching 2.03 times what i weigh NOW, but weighing 8 lbs less. switched up routines for the new year too and im dying already ha ha in a good way! feeling good and feel my goal is kinda too easy
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sackett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

i've started the "cutting" today. hopped on the treadmill for the first time in over a year. never had an issue with fat so i never ran. working out hard keeps my heart rate almost perfect for fat loss for over an hour. i figure i'm about 10% bodyfat now. shooting for 7-8 when i lose the pounds. goal is to still maintain benching 2.03 times what i weigh NOW, but weighing 8 lbs less. switched up routines for the new year too and im dying already ha ha in a good way! feeling good and feel my goal is kinda too easy
smile.gif
</div></div>

I feel like you just wrote my fitness story here haha. After basic I used to bike 15 miles or so every day, go to the gym later and do 8-10 miles on the eliptical.. Now I can lift much more, I'm at 12% body fat, but if i tried running 5 miles I'd probably have a mild cardiac failure!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bench 400lbs 1 time! </div></div>
Why don't you just make 405,that's 8 plates.8 plates put's you into the "Badass Club".

I wanna hit the 190lbs and keep it steady. 200lbs max.
I'm at 175lbs and gaining.
In 1 year, I gained 25lbs.

I work out almost everyday. I should only eat more and better.

This month, I'm focussing on triceps and abs. Since I'm recuperating from both shoulders being injured and one wrist being beaten up.

I want to be able to see my belt buckle and Mr Happy lol

No really I just want to drop about twenty lbs and start back packing with my BOB for just in case

My goal is to get my 1.5 mile time below 9 minutes. I have done it in 9 flat twice, once about 7 years ago and again about six months ago. Here in a few months i plan to get after it again.

I currently weigh 76kg (167lb) and want to drop down to about 69kg (152lb).

If I could hit that target weight I would have very little body fat. Combine that with some decent shoulders, bi's, tri's, and chest and I will look very athletic.

Also, would like to be able to run 15km (9.37 mile) in under an hour.

So to do this I need to work on my endurance so that I can maintain my speed all the way thru the run.

I want to start into my 30's in the greatest shape of my life so that I don't become another statistic at 40 something. I'm hoping ten years of fit, clean living will make up for 15 years of self-abuse.

I just hit my desired weight at 210, I'm going for 220lbs, at 10 percent body fat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPO-sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Decided long ago that most things in life are better when kept within reasonable limits. Repetitive movements on any part of your body has a finite number of cycles, stress the machine too much and that number goes down. Stay strong and execute what you like to do within reason of your capabilities.

I just turned 47 and run, swim and bike each one twice a week. I don't over do it, but I can still complete my annual half-ironman triathlon, have a couple beers on the weekend and the occasional nice cigar at the range. I like the balance. </div></div>

I like your approch! I turned 52 last month and i need to lose about 25 pounds and eat better, im up to running 6 miles a day and by may want to be running 8 a day. I wear 34 pants now and buy september i will be down to 31s.

I want to stay in the shape i am in now once the new baby shows up in a few months. We'll see.