• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats Your Personal Goal ?

Re: Whats Your Personal Goal ?

So to follow up on this. Scince then I had a complette career change, moved from one end of the continent to the other, Had probably 2-3 months no trainning. Only started moderatly working out about 2 months ago. I complettley forgot about this goal. Until I was in at the Doc's office this week, and as I was hooked up the the heart monitor/ blood pressure machine.
So it starts beeping and and flashing, I look at the nurse, and she has a concerned look on her face, she asks ,you dont happen to run marithons do you? No. I ask why. Heart rate of 39bpm.

Its not 35 but, Iam happy with it.

Don't die. With that goal being largely unrealistic I will settle for DON'T DIE AT WORK! I neeed to lose 25lbs. by Feb. 15th. So looks like life is gonna suck for a couple of months. But it will all be worth it in the end!

Added: Also the wife said I could buy a new Kimber AND suppressor if I make it to 180 lbs. by then!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tasers Hurt!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Added: Also the wife said I could buy a new Kimber AND suppressor if I make it to 180 lbs. by then!! </div></div>
pry need to add that in the "how do you stay motivate and focused" thread!!!

I have a birthday coming up and the big 40 is fast approaching, so setting some new goals. I would like to be in better shape at 40 than I was at 30, but it is going to be tough. Any weight I add gets harder to burn off as time goes on. Also the joints are starting to feel a little sore, maybe have to change it up a little? We'll see...

Well I wanted to bench 400 by my 44th bd but missed it by a few months. I did get it a couple of days back but took me 2 days to recover from it.
I would now like to maintain my strength and lose about 20-25 lbs. Hopefully during the process, I would lose some body fat. This would put me around my desired weight of 205-210 which I would love to weigh. I have a big problem losing weight.

Today it is to cycle 25 miles with my compadre, then tomorrow it's to eat cake.

My personal goal is to get into shape as to be able to join the scout platoon in my company, and from there join the sniper section. I've got 12 weeks to get there. It's gonna be a rough road from here to the endgoal.

To bicycle UP Haleakala, Maui. I will be renting a road bike and going from Paia to the top of the crater. It is only 36 miles but it is 10,000 feet of elevation gain in that 36 miles. This needs to be done the 3rd week of February. Training as we speak!!! I have never riden at altitude so I expect the first 6000 feet to be tough and the last 4000 to be PAIN.

John

Get back to my weight 5 yrs ago. I am maintaining 188 and maxing out around 250. Wanting to get back to 190-195 and benching over 300. By October (when I turn 30).

Goals for next 3 months:

Body Composition <8% BF @ 200lbs-205lbs
22min 5K
Sub 5 sec 40m sprint
Squat 400lbs/5reps
Deadlift 440lbs/5
Chin Bwt+100lbs/5
Bench 340lbs/5

On track to nail these
smile.gif

My physical fitness goals are rather basic.

1) Drop my body fat to below 10%.
2) Be able to hike in the mountains all day today and 30 years from now.
3) Keep my knees in good working order.
4) Stay away from sugar.

I am 42 years old with a body fat percentage in the low-mid 20's at the moment. My wife and I cut out most of our sugar last week after readying Gary Taubes book, "What makes us fat and what to do about it" and Jorge Cruise's book.

We both are getting a lot of great information from this board concerning good food and exercise.

Thanks for all of your help!!

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

New short term physical goal: To be able to ruck Zak's 24-hour match.

Whether I can also nav it and shoot it...
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pizzamanny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look better with clothes on. </div></div>Thanks for the tip, I'll try.
laugh.gif

Eat better, lose 20lbs, build a sub-3/4" rifle for under $800 (glass not included).

Get back top 240lbs. I am 5'10 210lbs and 21years old.
Also benching 385 for reps again would be nice.

My goal by June is to be in enough shape to be able to run the Half Marathon that Duluth holds every year. I'm probably 240ish right now and a little out of shape in the running field. I have a plan for training. I have been eating better and exercising when I have the time. Longest run I've done is 6 miles so 7 more should be interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy10</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> build a sub-3/4" rifle for under $800 (glass not included). </div></div>
different take on a personal goal, but I like it, I have the rifles that shoot that well, now I need to up my performance and goals and drive them to their potential... My new goal it so get an MOA group @ 2K with my new .338NM, in the SD wind!!!

Personal goal: 20 pull ups, 3 miles in 18 minutes and 100 crunches in 2 minutes.

to never become such a flaming buttdart that I am concerned with appearance or body weight... this reminds me of the time some stupid crossfit fag asked me, "what is your FRAN time"... I replied with a swift punch in his face and proceeded to monkey stomp him for 4 min and 32 sec, my new FRAN time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fRed650</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personal goal: 20 pull ups, 3 miles in 18 minutes and 100 crunches in 2 minutes.</div></div>
Sounds like somebody is shooting for a perfect score on their USMC PFT
wink.gif

My goal is to get a top 10 overall finish in a 100 mile foot race. My best so far is 15th overall in 2011.

Current goal is to hold a front lever for 10secs. I will probably work up my hold time from there. I’ve been procrastinating this goal for a long time, but now I’ve decided to really focus on it.

I remember my first goal: 50 pushups straight. That was a long time ago. I was pretty damn proud to achieve it.

The last goal I achieved that I was really proud of was a 2 rep strict overhead press of 175 lbs at 168lb bodyweight. That was two years ago now. I wish I had recorded it, as I’ve lost that brute strength now that my training is more endurance biased.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Outdoors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My goal is to get a top 10 overall finish in a 100 mile foot race. My best so far is 15th overall in 2011. </div></div>

Which race? Not all 100-milers are created equal.

I'm aiming to run my fastest times since 2006 at all distances. I have a particular bone to pick with the 50-miler, plan on sub-6hrs this fall (quit my first attempt at 36 miles last year, severely under-trained). I hope to win that race but the perennial winner is a national-class ultra runner and beating him would be a tall order for a newbie like me.

If I do a 100-miler it will be Leadville and I will be happy with the best belt buckle, I don't need to try and win the dang thing.

if you want to drop 30 pounds just lose the kid. he might even weigh more than that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lessthanfour</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you want to drop 30 pounds just lose the kid. he might even weigh more than that! </div></div>
HA! have two girls, may be hard to drop them both!

my goal is to drop that last couple pounds of body fat! Keep strength training to be toned, tennis every weekend in the summer to help build cardio and hike more 2,000+ elevation gain trails while not being so tired when i'm at the top. Alright the last part may be a longer term goal

My goal is to finish the "mud on the mountain" at 7 springs. It is a 7 mile 20 obsticle course, in the pa mountains.

I started working out in Jan. and had a goal to get from 279 to 220 and I don't do much cardio.But I have dropped about 25 lbs. and mainly just lift weights for a hour and half with 30 mins. cardio 4 days a week.I need to still work on my food intake but so far everything is going pretty good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To bicycle UP Haleakala, Maui. I will be renting a road bike and going from Paia to the top of the crater. It is only 36 miles but it is 10,000 feet of elevation gain in that 36 miles. This needs to be done the 3rd week of February. Training as we speak!!! I have never riden at altitude so I expect the first 6000 feet to be tough and the last 4000 to be PAIN.

John </div></div>

This will be hard. Was fun riding down. Don't know about riding up.

I recently relized my biggest goal of lifting 400lbs for the first time a couple of months ago. After I did that, I was left wondering what was next. I re-evaluated to trying to stay around that weight and lose a couple of pounds off of my frame. I am 5'9" and 235 and would like to be around 210-215. Seems to be much harder to lose weight now that I am almost 45. Strength has never been the problem, holding my weight down has. Rode twelve miles on the road bike the other day no problems, woke up next morning my knee was killing me. Still not right a week later. Ortho appt tomorrow. Probably have to clean it out and then I should be able to get on the road to 215.

onsight 5.12

break 7 min on my 2k erg.