• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Okay I have to ask.
I don't see any bushes. How do the cranberries get into the water? I knew they harvested them floating on water. I just figured the bush has to be next to water. Teach me something.
They grow in a vine on the ground the beds are flooded to float the fruit for harvest

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Lot's of great shots guys. Enjoying the heck outta them. While grinding Elk into burger last night one guy stopped by and told us there's coyotes in 3 fields right around us. That did it. Grabbed the 300BO and my buddy drove while we did the obligatory culling drive by's. Dumped 2 before you couldn't see any more. Yay.
Took this shot on the way back. Nothing great, but all I got. :oops: Just thought it looked kinda cool.
20180919_195657.jpg

Try to reply and throw down with likes on the previous but it keeps kicking me out. WTF? Can on this page but not the other.

@Mike 556,
Last hand frame I did was a 5,1/8 x 36” x 37’ long valley and dont remember the length of the ridge with 4x12 rough sawn rafters. Remember the valley cuz it was an MF’r getting it up there. Got it all cut in, sheeted and it was monster bitchin just rough frame. Finished it on a Friday and the boss calls Sunday to ask if I enjoyed the project. Told him ya, it was cool as shit. He says good cuz you get to do it again.......it was struck by lightning and burned to the ground???

Lot's of great shots guys. Enjoying the heck outta them. While grinding Elk into burger last night one guy stopped by and told us there's coyotes in 3 fields right around us. That did it. Grabbed the 300BO and my buddy drove while we did the obligatory culling drive by's. Dumped 2 before you couldn't see any more. Yay.
Took this shot on the way back. Nothing great, but all I got. :oops: Just thought it looked kinda cool.View attachment 6946331

200 grain pills of Wiley medication?

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Took this shot on the way back. Nothing great, but all I got. :oops: Just thought it looked kinda cool.View attachment 6946331
And to think, it was not long ago that you popped you AR cherry. I have to ask. What would you have grabbed before?

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
And to think, it was not long ago that you popped you AR cherry. I have to ask. What would you have grabbed before?

True enough. I'd have either my 22, M1, or 7MM more than likely. Always a few pew guns in the rig. The youth .243 with a fixed x4 on it was the long time favorite though. Very 'handy'. ;)

Reactions: jungle45
Couple of pics from Pula, Croatia;

091218_Pula_Cranes_at_Night_scaled.jpg
091218_Pula_Coliseum_Scaled.jpg

Pula is a beautiful little city in Croatia. Nice locals, VERY inexpensive and next to no refugees. Both Croatia and Slovenia have avoided the onslaught that many other European countries are suffering as a result of their "leaders" selling the citizenry down the road to the globalists. Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia have all told the EU to pound sand, so there are very few footprints of refugees in those countries. The guy with the biggest of the big brass balls in terms of telling the EU to go stick it is Viktor Orban of Hungary. His cabinet is also of the same mind and his government has above 70% approval rating from the citizenry. We are also considering extended stay/residency there. Cost are also extremely low.

Will be posting pictures from Split, Hvar and the islands (all in Croatia) in that area soon. The wife and I are considering extended stay/residency on one of the outer islands, once I retire. Also, very friendly, very few refugees and very inexpensive. Public transportation (except trains....our experience was not positive) is very good. We were paying tourist prices for food and lodging and it was 1/2 what you would pay for the equivalent in the US. If we had more time and got out of the core tourist areas, I'm thinking costs for everything would have been in the area of 1/3 of the US equivalent.

Last edited:

Shot a young/dumb yote about a week ago. Had the grill lit and went back out to clean it. Stupid yote was a little under 100yds head down chasing field mice around. Grabbed a rifle and the damn scope fogs to hell going from 70* 50% to nearly 90* 80something%. Blotted eyepiece with shirt and quickly found head and dark tip of tail sticking out of the grass, figured where the chest would be and squeezed. Bitch dropped right there. Zero blood, no sign of entrance or exit. 130 Norma factory in 6.5 creed. A max would have made a softball sized exit. Maybe she died of heart failure?

Edit: Here's the dumbass.

image1.jpeg

Last edited:
Try to reply and throw down with likes on the previous but it keeps kicking me out. WTF? Can on this page but not the other.

@Mike 556,
Last hand frame I did was a 5,1/8 x 36” x 37’ long valley and dont remember the length of the ridge with 4x12 rough sawn rafters. Remember the valley cuz it was an MF’r getting it up there. Got it all cut in, sheeted and it was monster bitchin just rough frame. Finished it on a Friday and the boss calls Sunday to ask if I enjoyed the project. Told him ya, it was cool as shit. He says good cuz you get to do it again.......it was struck by lightning and burned to the ground???
Hope you had a crane for that valley! Can't imagine the weight of that thing! 4 by 12 rough cut rafters musta been a real bitch. But when it all comes together :) . It's definitely a young mans game, trouble is when you finally have it figured out, your worn out and broken down. Still the satisfaction you get from a completed project is worth the effort!

Pula is a beautiful little city in Croatia. Nice locals, VERY inexpensive and next to no refugees. Both Croatia and Slovenia have avoided the onslaught that many other European countries are suffering as a result of their "leaders" selling the citizenry down the road to the globalists. Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia have all told the EU to pound sand, so there are very few footprints of refugees in those countries. The guy with the biggest of the big brass balls in terms of telling the EU to go stick it is Viktor Orban of Hungary. His cabinet is also of the same mind and his government has above 70% approval rating from the citizenry. We are also considering extended stay/residency there. Cost are also extremely low.

It's great to see your pictures and read your perspectives. Thanks for writing it up.

Hope you had a crane for that valley! Can't imagine the weight of that thing! 4 by 12 rough cut rafters musta been a real bitch. But when it all comes together :) . It's definitely a young mans game, trouble is when you finally have it figured out, your worn out and broken down. Still the satisfaction you get from a completed project is worth the effort!

Hell ya used a crane. ? 2nd story and still had to thread the needle due to power lines and existing adjacent homes. Had to finish the head and tail cuts with a chain saw, then flip the saw sideways and rough the whole thing up to blend with the rafters. Scale wise not one of the biggest that I worked on but one of the most technical for sure. ?

I was gonna go with the 220 subs, but went with the 123 gr full throttle flavor instead. They're nasty. Yote busters. :LOL:

Nice!? Can’t wait to put the Wilson’s to work this season. 73 & 140 ELDM?

Reactions: 1J04
It's great to see your pictures and read your perspectives. Thanks for writing it up.
The pleasure is all mine TB, Thanks !

I'm very tardy on posting, but I'm trying to vacation, so that's slowing me down. Just got back to the hotel room in Zell Am See (Austria). The wife and I rode the Abseilbahn (Cableway) to the top of Schmittenhöhe mountain. Unbelievable 360 degree views. We have cheated the weatherman for the entire trip. Sunny, very few clouds, pics coming.

Couple of pics from Pula, Croatia;

View attachment 6946547View attachment 6946549

Will be posting pictures from Split, Hvar and the islands (all in Croatia) in that area soon. The wife and I are considering extended stay/residency on one of the outer islands, once I retire. Also, very friendly, very few refugees and very inexpensive. Public transportation (except trains....our experience was not positive) is very good. We were paying tourist prices for food and lodging and it was 1/2 what you would pay for the equivalent in the US. If we had more time and got out of the core tourist areas, I'm thinking costs for everything would have been in the area of 1/3 of the US equivalent.
I have a friend in Split. She is extremely conservative and knows first hand what communism is... she is pro Trump and laughs at lefties in the US because she knows they have no idea..... lol

I have a friend in Split. She is extremely conservative and knows first hand what communism is... she is pro Trump and laughs at lefties in the US because she knows they have no idea..... lol

Yeah, we ran into quite a lot of that....refreshing, really. Quite a bit to be learned, if only you are receptive to it. Loved Croatia, particularly the people. (y)(y)(y)

More pics, this time from the top of the Schmittenhöhe mountain @ Zell Am See, Austria;

092118_Zell_Am_See_Mtns.jpg

The Lake itself (Zell Am See);
092118_Zell_Am_See.jpg

The town has seen a significant influx of refugees and there is observable tension between them and the locals. It wasn't bad enough that it had any negative effect on us, but the camel's nose is under the tentflap and the locals know it. As far as Shopkeepers, Restaurants and Innkeepers, the locals have all been great. The refugees have started businesses and initially, we went into two or three of them. By that time, it was apparent that we as White/Western/Christians were "less than welcome".....which was just fine. The locals seemed to really appreciate us just that much more. As Bender mentioned about his friend in Croatia, the locals here are very friendly and one asked us about DJT. We were a bit suprised as we make efforts to blend in, and appear apolitical. So, I don't know what our tell was. This particular local was impressed that DJT "seemed to be actually looking after the US Citizenry's best interests. Anyway, the conversation rapidly went to the subject of the refugee situation, the Austrian government and the EU. Austria just elected Alexander Van der Bellen for President. He has roots in the Green Party and his bio looks too liberal to suit my tastes. He is apparently also a supporter of the EU, which is concerning;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Van_der_Bellen

So, hard to say what Austria's future looks like. It's a pretty conservative/slow moving place, so I don't anticipate any major problems in the near future. Longer term, if the refugee issue continues like it has, that could very likely grow to become more problematic.

Last edited:
She made this.

Now, from experience......she has nice legs.....

Oh, and for the uninitiated.........those types of dresses are pretty much uniforms for all of the good looking ladies over there. Very common and very welcome sights.

And there is a lot of that about over there......good grief......never seen such a high concentration of beautiful women in one place ;):cool::p:D Not joking boys.....

View attachment 6946981

Last edited:
Jumping around.......here's a pic of a cannon at the fort/castle at Hvar/Croatia. Gorgeous place. I have another pic of the cannon that I still have to crunch in Iridient Developer before I can post it. I think SirH will be interested/have some input on what the hell it is.....(other than a great, big waffle monster....)

091418_Hvar_Cannon.jpg

View attachment 6947056So I'm not a Barnes and noble fan. My wife and kids like to read though. With these mags still on the shelf in a Madison B&N, I feel a little better since they haven't caved to the commie cockgobbler will?
West Towne? I love buying gun magazines there as the people checking you out are most likely anti gun. The straw that stirs the drink ?