• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

IMG_2288.JPG
Fall color is picking up pretty good around here

I'm just back from Boston and posted a pic of the grub in "Nom Nom" but figured I'd post a couple here as well.

We drove out to Lexington and Concord and walked the Battle Road for a while at Minuteman National Park. Man was it gorgeous and incredibly powerful to re-trace the literal first steps of our fight for independence.

IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2813.JPG

Then drove out to Gloucester, made famous by "The Perfect Storm" and apparently some newer fishing shows on Discovery. We walked the waterfront, paid tribute at the Lost at Sea monument, and grabbed some phenomenal seafood right on the docks:
IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2820.JPG
IMG_2827.JPG

We then took "the long way home" following the coastal road back to Boston through sleepy old New England. The weather was amazing and the time with my lady was priceless. The leaves should be turning in the upcoming weeks, but I was okay missing it in exchange for being able to wear shorts for most of the trip,

Went out for a little drive to find some critters today.
Seen one herd of elk, one small spike bull in it. Need to find some of the big boys before rifle elk season.
Sorry for the shit pictures. Need to get my spotter out with the phone scope.

C54A781E-1B39-415A-9439-31363734D27C.jpeg
4FF5EF86-85EC-48C0-ADDC-2C48E530BF9A.jpeg

Went out for a little drive to find some critters today.
Seen one herd of elk, one small spike bull in it. Need to find some of the big boys before rifle elk season.
Sorry for the shit pictures. Need to get my spotter out with the phone scope.

View attachment 6950643View attachment 6950644

Little Bastards certainly know when the sticks have stopped flying for the first go around. Seen 7 Herd on the way in, 2 legal Bulls. Not one Deer. Last bunch was in the little field at Stuart Slough. Not much longer before we get our 'shot'.

Little Bastards certainly know when the sticks have stopped flying for the first go around. Seen 7 Herd on the way in, 2 legal Bulls. Not one Deer. Last bunch was in the little field at Stuart Slough. Not much longer before we get our 'shot'.
Yeah they sure do. Smart bastards. We will see how the muzzy guys do this next week. I have been out the last couple days and the elk have pretty much shut up. Seemed like they rutted early this year.
We will see what a 215 Berger does to a bull this year.
I actually seen 9 deer today. One little toe head buck. Weather seems to have help getting them moving.

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Geno the pool table reminds me of Christmas. I don't know how many hour the men played. My grandfather, Dad cousin and uncle. Very rare anyone could win against grandpa. I guess that's what happens when you have a pool table in you house and your 70+.
We had The Eagles, Doors and Chicago in the Cd player.
That's also how I learned my numbers and counting sitting on the pool table as my grandfather taught me.

Geno the pool table reminds me of Christmas. I don't know how many hour the men played. My grandfather, Dad cousin and uncle. Very rare anyone could win against grandpa. I guess that's what happens when you have a pool table in you house and your 70+.
We had The Eagles, Doors and Chicago in the Cd player.
That's also how I learned my numbers and counting sitting on the pool table as my grandfather taught me.
Good memories? I used to play quite a bit. Last year I didn't play at all because of my back, I couldn't bend over the table. I just played 6 games against myself and there is definitely some rust...

Reactions: Barneybdb
My view today was rather stunning and lifted more than my spirits. Did not manage to get any pics though, probably would have been frowned on. Had to do a first aid refresher and almost everyone else was young, female and wearing yoga pants, three of them actually did Serbian dancing. Most of the course is practical and involves touching and feeling. I think my blood pressure is finally starting to come back down.

My view today was rather stunning and lifted more than my spirits. Did not manage to get any pics though, probably would have been frowned on. Had to do a first aid refresher and almost everyone else was young, female and wearing yoga pants, three of them actually did Serbian dancing. Most of the course is practical and involves touching and feeling. I think my blood pressure is finally starting to come back down.

oh the luck of it all
barney does a first aide refresher with serbian dancers
fuckin shazam, youll never wash your hands again

I remember when I was a kid and we got our pool table in the late 50's. My dad had a friend of his come over and teach us how to play and the different games. He was a pro or a shark maybe both and his name was Buster Hayes. He was an old white haired man but was incredible and did imposible tricks that just blew us away.

I remember when I was a kid and we got our pool table in the late 50's. My dad had a friend of his come over and teach us how to play and the different games. He was a pro or a shark maybe both and his name was Buster Hayes. He was an old white haired man but was incredible and did imposible tricks that just blew us away.
They take up a lot of space if you want to do it right but there's a lot of good times to be had with one. Old guys can play young ones or old

Nope, two different tables. The pooltable or pocket billiard has pockets and the carom billiard table has none and is larger 5' X 10'.

How do we rectify the "pics, or it didn't happen" statement, with a post like that ? :unsure:

Running the new stick.
Laying down lead and lifting up Jesus.
Collecting data for the book.
Shooting price tags in the breeze.

Attachments

• 4BB9CAFF-98E3-4469-8300-58111F13DE39.jpeg
    4BB9CAFF-98E3-4469-8300-58111F13DE39.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 61
  • E80B4DFA-24AE-4933-9FF0-3521F76934B3.jpeg
    E80B4DFA-24AE-4933-9FF0-3521F76934B3.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 69
  • B337570C-1975-4794-B0E4-7A0D71570FF8.jpeg
    B337570C-1975-4794-B0E4-7A0D71570FF8.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 66
Nope, two different tables. The pooltable or pocket billiard has pockets and the carom billiard table has none and is larger 5' X 10'.

What I was talking about has seven pockets on its feet, and three pockets on its back. *CoUgH*

Reactions: Badfinger
I think fall mornings up here have to be my favorite time of years. Cool crisp morning.
View attachment 6951222

Yep, pretty morning this morning. Few herd of Elk here and there where you could see them due to the fog. Even had to get the ice off the windshield this morning. Was 34 when I left the house. Snap chatted some folks the closet herd at the Wahkiakum/Pacific County line (Salme Hill). Bout 100 Elk doing Elk stuff before it's time to chase them again. (y)

This is gonna be someone's view shortly. Had to send the crayons back to Florida. To be honest, crayons are a tad advanced for me. I'm still struggling with this finger painting thing. Hopefully they'll go to good use. :love:

20180928_134232.jpg

This is gonna be someone's view shortly. Had to send the crayons back to Florida. To be honest, crayons are a tad advanced for me. I'm still struggling with this finger painting thing. Hopefully they'll go to good use. :love:

View attachment 6951261

I'm wonderin' if the recipient is any sharper than you are :unsure:.......I'm bettin' there's a good chance of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(BTW, I bought a lifetime supply of action screws, they're on the way to me. Check yer mailbox in a week or so.)

Spent some time out last night in 'Merica, doin' 'Merican stuff.

pickups_hd_rszd_oct_2018.png

At "Big Orange," parked next to somebody with a healthy dose of SEPA 'tude and acceptable politics.

20181002_174120_detail_rszd.jpg

To whit ... :)

20181002_191251_rszd.png

Hunting and gathering in the exurban wilderness. Note the 'Merican theme here.

20181002_191932_rszd.png

Horchata, my leftover Diet A&W (we like root beer), and totopos with about the best refried beans I've ever had. The green salsa was wicked hot.

20181002_193513_rszd.png

Half a taco al pastor, and a plate of green chilaquiles with pork. You're looking at today's lunch, too.

20181002_221819_rszd.png

So, of course I got stuck under a closed gas pump roof at a grocery store with a bed full of wood and no cover, waiting out a chain of practically tornadic thunderstorms that swept through the area. It just literally pissed rain for an hour until I could pull out and get home.

Last edited:
I'm wonderin' if the recipient is any sharper than you are :unsure:.......I'm bettin' there's a good chance of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(BTW, I bought a lifetime supply of action screws, they're on the way to me. Check yer mailbox in a week or so.)

Are they perpetual motion action screws? (My mind is in the gutter today.)

Now there's another GREAT Hook-Up !!!! Thanks Amigo. I really appreciate it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for'm. And ya, @oneshot86 is substantially sharper than this dull egg. :p