• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

One bull hit the dirt this morning. My good buddy barrowed my muzzle and got it done.
70 yard shot. Watched it breed a cow and bugle before he shot him.

B1E219B4-8150-4B24-982B-A705EA7CB4F7.jpeg

One bull hit the dirt this morning. My good buddy barrowed my muzzle and got it done.
70 yard shot. Watched it breed a cow and bugle before he shot him.

View attachment 6953071

AWESOME !!!! I was telling Tony this morning at work that I had seen more rigs parked at the gates than for the 1st Archery Season. CRAZY !!!! Nice shitty day to drop one. Glad the Smoke Stick went Pew in this crap.

If it’s just you and your furry friend, think single level deep walls for insulation, small interior footprint with a larger 360 patio footprint. Cozy in the winter months with a 360 patio to enjoy the rest?

It's gonna be wood heated, so having a lofted bedroom kinda keeps that separate from the main living space while still easily heated. Definitely gonna have 2x6 walls at least.

The past 2 winters I lived in a 12x16 (plus loft, no bathroom) wood heated shack in MN. 12x20 will mean a little more space for reloading, homebrewing, a nice kitchen, and a toilet & shower.

shack.jpeg

Here is a neat thread about a cabin build in AK that has been a lot of inspiration for me: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General...-cabin-House-Plans-page-25-/5-1233275/?page=1

It's gonna be wood heated, so having a lofted bedroom kinda keeps that separate from the main living space while still easily heated. Definitely gonna have 2x6 walls at least.

The past 2 winters I lived in a 12x16 (plus loft, no bathroom) wood heated shack in MN. 12x20 will mean a little more space for reloading, homebrewing, a nice kitchen, and a toilet & shower.

2 x 6 walls with spray foam insulation will save you a ton on heating and cooling.

Looks great mate, does your lodge have a website? We are looking at getting away from our next Australian winter and covering LA to Alaska.

Sounds like a good trip! That’s a lot of ground to cover unless you’ve got plenty of time.

You can find it at www.yukonriverlodge.com or on Facebook at Alaska’s Yukon River Lodge.

Reactions: Barneybdb
This bull was killed out in Francis. I had swapped everything over to 209 primers with sealed breech on it. Definitely a big bonus for around here.

Don't call me Francis. :LOL: That was a great move. I hear Francis and of course think immediately of Jerry and Theresa Zumbuhl. Don't even know if they're processing wild game anymore, but damn I was always impressed with their product. Found out a friend of mine dropped a 5x5 around 0730 yesterday as well. 6x6 and 5x5 with bout 18 Cows bout mile and a half past my place. Caught'm running outta the field into the timber and got in front of them on an old skid road. Popped the 5x5 at about 100 yards. Damn near missed!!! :LOL: Broke his back and lost a backstrap. :oops: But, got his Bull. (y)

Jerry and Theresa are awesome and there product is hard to beat! Unfortunately Jerry is wanting to be done. He has had knee problems. Luckily my buddy’s dad has all his recipes. (They are cousins).

Jerry and Theresa are awesome and there product is hard to beat! Unfortunately Jerry is wanting to be done. He has had knee problems. Luckily my buddy’s dad has all his recipes. (They are cousins).

I've never been disappointed with ANY of their product with my game. And the best part was you always got "your" meat back. They'll be missed for sure. You're set then. Very lucky. ;)

Reactions: Barneybdb
Sounds like a good trip! That’s a lot of ground to cover unless you’ve got plenty of time.

You can find it at www.yukonriverlodge.com or on Facebook at Alaska’s Yukon River Lodge.
Started out it was only going to be 2 weeks around LA, Vegas and San Francisco, most of which we have seen before. We kept adding places to see, I think we are up to 6 weeks now, don't think I can get any longer away.

Shit I didn’t even think about that!! I forget she works up there.

Got outta Court and logged in. She came walking by and asked if anymore Elk dropped. Said ya, check this out, it's from up here. She goes "that's Joey's Bull, show you some more pics tomorrow ". lmfao Mentioned your name and she's like ya, that's Joey's buddy. To much. World just got a bit smaller. :LOL:

View attachment 6953548The start to my cranberry season was today. Roads were pretty saturated before we started to pull trucks across it. It didn’t get any betterView attachment 6953549

Hey Geno, look at this shit. lmfao I had to pass it on.........

Semi crash spills tons of cranberries along Wash. highway

RAYMOND, Wash. - A semi truck crashed and rolled over Wednesday morning on a rural Western Washington highway, spilling tons of cranberries along the roadside, the Washington State Patrol reports.

Troopers responded to the scene, on Highway 105 about 12 miles north of Raymond in Pacific County, at around 8:30 a.m. after receiving reports of a semi rollover crash.
The semi rig was found upside down alongside the highway, with its load of cranberries spilled along the road shoulder, said Trooper Chelsea Hodgson.

The truck driver was uninjured. No other vehicles were involved.
A preliminary investigation found that the driver lost control of the semi after its trailer wheels went off the pavement, Hodgson said.

https://komonews.com/news/local/semi-crash-spills-tons-of-cranberries-along-wash-highway

77179ced-f451-4881-b443-f6f528979b9f-large16x9_181010_wsp_cranberry_spill_crash_1024.jpg

Hey Geno, look at this shit. lmfao I had to pass it on.........

Semi crash spills tons of cranberries along Wash. highway

RAYMOND, Wash. - A semi truck crashed and rolled over Wednesday morning on a rural Western Washington highway, spilling tons of cranberries along the roadside, the Washington State Patrol reports.

Troopers responded to the scene, on Highway 105 about 12 miles north of Raymond in Pacific County, at around 8:30 a.m. after receiving reports of a semi rollover crash.
The semi rig was found upside down alongside the highway, with its load of cranberries spilled along the road shoulder, said Trooper Chelsea Hodgson.

The truck driver was uninjured. No other vehicles were involved.
A preliminary investigation found that the driver lost control of the semi after its trailer wheels went off the pavement, Hodgson said.

https://komonews.com/news/local/semi-crash-spills-tons-of-cranberries-along-wash-highway

77179ced-f451-4881-b443-f6f528979b9f-large16x9_181010_wsp_cranberry_spill_crash_1024.jpg
Probably texting and the tires fell off the edge of the pavement. They do at least one a year up here like that

@Threadcutter308 Honestly I usually enjoy it frozen with a beer. Vodka shots are just fine. But every now and then a handful of Vodka Tonics or Vodka n Cranberries is just fine. Usually summertime or whenever I get burned out on Beer. ;)

@Geno C. More than likey. We've got a fair amount of Boggs around here and most of the 'mishaps' are usually on site. Logging Trucks on their sides on the other hand is a different story. ;)

That’s where I came into the cranberries. A lot of these bogs don’t want road drivers on them. They tend to dump over loads because the dikes are narrow with steep shoulders. Gotta have a little bit of driving skill sometimes

Blue Ridge Parkway. The southern end between Ashville NC and Cherokee NC
View attachment 6954188

Beautiful picture.

I used to live a few miles from the parkway. Me and a buddy were burning an afternoon riding one day and stopped at a pulloff (may or may not have been to snag a beer from the cooler). There was a carload of hippies there (between the hippie enclaves of Asheville and Boone). One hippie was proudly telling the others about the road being built by the gov and the pulloffs were built so the people could stop and enjoy nature. After retrieving something cold from the back, I spoke up; Actually the pulloffs were built for artillery. Stupid hippies.

This asshole just cost me over a $1k after she ran out in front of a truck in front of the house. I had the pleasure of watching it all happen. Fortunately the driver of the Ranger was going slow and she avoided the tires and got balled up under the pumpkin/front axle.

It's only a laceration on her leg and she's doing very well. I was able to see the X-rays and her bone structure is excellent with no fractures or dislocation. Innards look good too. Bed rest for two weeks is gonna be real difficult. She already wants to go for her walk and is putting some weight on her leg.

My wife made her this bed and was carrying her around when she brought her home.?

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0126.jpeg

Reactions: 1J04 and canman
This asshole just cost me over a $1k after she ran out in front of a truck in front of the house. I had the pleasure of watching it all happen. Fortunately the driver of the Ranger was going slow and she avoided the tires and got balled up under the pumpkin/front axle.

It's only a laceration on her leg and she's doing very well. I was able to see the X-rays and her bone structure is excellent with no fractures or dislocation. Innards look good too. Bed rest for two weeks is gonna be real difficult. She already wants to go for her walk and is putting some weight on her leg.

My wife made her this bed and was carrying her around when she brought her home.?

View attachment 6955676

View attachment 6955677

View attachment 6955678

View attachment 6955683
Glad she's gonna be OK ! (y)(y)(y)

View attachment 6955676

View attachment 6955677

View attachment 6955678

View attachment 6955683
She's lucky. Bill's you dont plan for suck, but glad everything is ok.

View attachment 6955676

View attachment 6955677

View attachment 6955678

View attachment 6955683
We took our Daisy in last weekend for an emergency visit also. She got some fluid in her lungs somehow and couldn’t take a full breath. $650 later we were home with a ton of meds and a lazy dog

This asshole just cost me over a $1k after she ran out in front of a truck in front of the house.

View attachment 6955677

I feel your pain.

20181014_040009.jpg

$3,200 for pancreatitis, gastroenteritis, enlarged kidneys, liver, and adrenal gland, etc., etc., and management of her epilepsy while under their care, all because Mommy brought her home a smoked beef knee and let her chew it to dust in two days. We brought her home on Friday. Now it's a month of bland food and absolute babysitting while we wait to see if she survives this one.

Trying something different.

This 4 acres is now divided into thirds.
Part of it was planted in 250 or so Norway Spruce last winter. The idea was to provide a better privacy screen for the winter months as the hardwoods leave gaps when the leaves are off.
About a month ago I took another third of it for a wildlife food plot - rape, winter peas, clovers, rye etc. That's doing well, but I may have some patching to do as two hurricanes have washed parts of it out twice. Not the soil, but the some of the seeds before they took root.
Yesterday I finished the rest of it with crimson clover, which should provide good forage for wildlife, early sugars for bees, and instill a good bit of nitrogen into the soil. Plus it should make for a stunning view when the heads are popping.
I'll see how that goes and then possibly so sunflowers there after the clover is done.

field.jpg

More work on tap for today. The sunrise was sweet this morning, but then again, aren't they all?

sunrise.jpg

Trying something different.

This 4 acres is now divided into thirds.
Part of it was planted in 250 or so Norway Spruce last winter. The idea was to provide a better privacy screen for the winter months as the hardwoods leave gaps when the leaves are off.
About a month ago I took another third of it for a wildlife food plot - rape, winter peas, clovers, rye etc. That's doing well, but I may have some patching to do as two hurricanes have washed parts of it out twice. Not the soil, but the some of the seeds before they took root.
Yesterday I finished the rest of it with crimson clover, which should provide good forage for wildlife, early sugars for bees, and instill a good bit of nitrogen into the soil. Plus it should make for a stunning view when the heads are popping.
I'll see how that goes and then possibly so sunflowers there after the clover is done.

View attachment 6955980

More work on tap for today. The sunrise was sweet this morning, but then again, aren't they all?

View attachment 6955984
Sure sounds like you’re doing it right?

1018D4E3-0C31-40B7-8D0B-B6068647F402.jpeg

A3FB9B69-5D6F-43C4-9E72-9C3BD4948A9A.jpeg

Had a couple of the neighbors over last night. 10 kids from 2 to 11 also. Some ribs, pork tenderloin, bacon wrapped jalapeños and scotch eggs on the smoker. Cigars and a campfire to finish the night. Oh, and bourbon..... way too much bourbon