• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

1k is a .308 target..........

I was up to my brothers working on some stuff for him again yesterday and couldn't believe the volume of corn still standing in CO. We haven't had the rainy fall here like you have in IA and though more wet than others, most corn was in in a pretty good time I think.

Just razzing you. Come shoot at 4800 ASL with no humidity and range changes a tad. I can't imagine the 175 at 2550fps in IA cold and humidity. We all know it can't shoot past 200 yds anyways......
As of this date, we’ve received 12” of snow already in 3 different events. Really slows things up.
Both of my 308’s are 20” so it’s tough sledding beyond 800
give or take with low to very negative DA’s. Still love ‘em though.

One part of a creek that borders our ranch. Had to round up some cows this morning.

20191118_085513.jpg

Little by little. Knees and neck are killing me but I ain't quitting. Some fishing trip this turned out to be.
IMG_20191118_142356380.jpg
IMG_20191118_133020598.jpg

I'm not sure the guys who built this can read a tape measure.
22.5, 22, 21.5, 19.75, 3.14574389532, measure, cut, measure, cut, cuss, trim a RCH, measure, cuss, trim...
I know it's a storage building but dang.
Now if I just had some water I didn't get out of a jug.
I need to rig my rain catch and a better shower.

ETA: already warmer in here.

Little by little. Knees and neck are killing me but I ain't quitting. Some fishing trip this turned out to be.
View attachment 7185649View attachment 7185650

22.5, 22, 21.5, 19.75, 3.14574389532, measure, cut, measure, cut, cuss, trim a RCH, measure, cuss, trim...

I've seen worse. If you plan on sheeting the walls, make a roadmap of the studs C. to C. Saves a ton of cussing and empty holes.

View attachment 7185649View attachment 7185650

Mack truck school of insulation.

Back in Iowa.... drove from des Moines to west Burlington this morning. Man I thought NE KS was behind on cutting corn. Neighbor just got his out Sunday. Pissed that we get kicked off the job at 330. I'm not missing time with my son 7 hours from home to sit in a hotel... I'm here for the $$$$$

Reactions: Barneybdb
Back in Iowa.... drove from des Moines to west Burlington this morning. Man I thought NE KS was behind on cutting corn. Neighbor just got his out Sunday. Pissed that we get kicked off the job at 330. I'm not missing time with my son 7 hours from home to sit in a hotel... I'm here for the $$$$$
Late, wet spring delayed planting. Wet fall with a logistics problem of LP shipments to fuel the dryers have led to corn left standing in the field. Solid 12 months now of unusual conditions. Hope you can get home soon. Being on the road sucks.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Thanks Art.
I thought so based on the boot shroud but wasnt certain.
Looks a lot like my full size Tikka in the same stock. ? probably why I liked it.

Im gonna keep shooting my savage for a while as time is slim so less point in a big investment in a fancier rifle. It shoots darn good for what it is.

They fucked up that legend by using the wrong sized bullet
I've been trying to do some research on this round/caliber. What was the real purpose for the design of this.

I did see an AR upper made in this caliber as well.

@TACC

In certain others know more, but many states that allow rifles for deer hunting, require it to be a straight wall cartridge.
More or less, this answers that. Winchester says is close to the 30-30 in performance.

Would be fun to hunt deer with in a 16” AR in the woods.
Where I am from on IA I can think of many woods it would be a handy gun/cartridge combo.

Here in CO shots are further and we always have wind.
plus we can use any 6mm and up with 1000 ft lbs of energy.

Reactions: TACC
@armorpl8chikn

we wanna see you in boots, robe (all tied up) and bomber hat next to your crapper with the appropriate caption.

i use the same set-up for hunting camp. Lugable Loo lid for a 5 gal bucket, doubles as a seat. Works well.
i double bag trash compactor bags just in case and use sawdust to smother the aerobic bacteria to keep stink down.
lighter than kitty litter to avoid bag tears when disposing of crap in the Walmart or Dicks trash can by the door......

@TACC

In certain others know more, but many states that allow rifles for deer hunting, require it to be a straight wall cartridge.
More or less, this answers that. Winchester says is close to the 30-30 in performance.

Would be fun to hunt deer with in a 16” AR in the woods.
Where I am from on IA I can think of many woods it would be a handy gun/cartridge combo.

Here in CO shots are further and we always have wind.
plus we can use any 6mm and up with 1000 ft lbs of energy.
This is just it. They should have used .358 bullets though. Gives the hand loader a larger choice in projectiles.

Only a true shitter pro would know about “lite” kitty litter.

Do they make the stuff so its not so hard for feeble old ladies to change the litter out?

Or for old guys to shit in buckets in their LA mansion and not have to smell the stench? ?

???

and Im just settling into a glass of bourbon now......