• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Been working on changing our view at home over the last few months by renovating / updating our house. We built this place about 22 years ago just before I left the military, first home we had owned in now 42 years of marriage. A few weeks ago I was doing some work outside near the spa and instead of getting a short ladder I decided to use an impact wrench above head height. Initial twinge was followed by fairly intense pain, multiple visits to doctor, chiropractor and ultrasound / cortisone injections with no improvement but Bourbon consumption went up significantly. Doctor finally said if we need to find the problem you will need an MRI but you will have to pay for it. I snapped then as I had already wasted more than that cost on trying alternatives and had never implied to him that I could not afford the correct treatment. Had multiple days off work due to pain. Fast forward to today, saw a surgeon and within 5 minutes was booked in for a shoulder reconstruction next week.
Of course it is my right shoulder and I am right handed so I am going to have to learn to drink Bourbon / use laptop left handed for the next couple of weeks. Getting older is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be...

Had the rotator cuff surgery in 06. No tears that needed mending just a rotor rooting clean out. All good now, although the shoulder gets tired by the end of the day.

You take care of yourself, big guy. Time to baby yourself for awhile.

Been working on changing our view at home over the last few months by renovating / updating our house. We built this place about 22 years ago just before I left the military, first home we had owned in now 42 years of marriage. A few weeks ago I was doing some work outside near the spa and instead of getting a short ladder I decided to use an impact wrench above head height. Initial twinge was followed by fairly intense pain, multiple visits to doctor, chiropractor and ultrasound / cortisone injections with no improvement but Bourbon consumption went up significantly. Doctor finally said if we need to find the problem you will need an MRI but you will have to pay for it. I snapped then as I had already wasted more than that cost on trying alternatives and had never implied to him that I could not afford the correct treatment. Had multiple days off work due to pain. Fast forward to today, saw a surgeon and within 5 minutes was booked in for a shoulder reconstruction next week.
Of course it is my right shoulder and I am right handed so I am going to have to learn to drink Bourbon / use laptop left handed for the next couple of weeks. Getting older is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be...
At least if you get it done you won't be able to shave. That is how you get looking like your normal self. Hope it all grows out/ works out well for you.

Winter decided to give us one more tap on the butt..
20200319_081932.jpg

It's only about a inch, but underneath is solid ice from yesterday's constant drizzle. Was going to start a new job today but the owners said even the gravel roads are slickery. Not good conditions to get 8 grand of windows delivered.

Child Bride hits 3 of the markers for vulnerabilities to CV19 so she is staying homebound. Not any panic around here, just prudent precautions. Church services have been cancelled for the foreseeable future, that stings.

Good time to do household chores and scrub barrels. Just another day on the Upper Great Plains.

Yet to see one but read this morning that new 2020 orders have been halted due to shortages caused by UAW strike last year. Will start taking 2021 orders in May/June.
GM shut down Bowling Green, KY plant so no new vettes for the foreseeable future. Word on the street is they are canceling the bronze color as well. FML, the only color I would have got on in!!

Ok got a question didn’t know where to post it. Why the hell does my account log me out after 30-40 minutes or so? Is there a setting for log in time?
I will set my phone down to do some stuff around the house and check back in here an hour or two later and I have to log in again. I have the box check to stay logged in. Any ideas?
Any way, thank god I have and electric case trimmer. Having to trim about 450 pieces of 223 brass. At 238 right now.
53811D4A-EB1A-417C-BA1B-CEC0E1F3A8AB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Ok got a question didn’t know where to post it. Why the hell does my account log me out after 30-40 minutes or so? Is there a setting for log in time?
I will set my phone down to do some stuff around the house and check back in here an hour or two later and I have to log in again. I have the box check to stay logged in. Any ideas?
Any way, thank god I have and electric case trimmer. Having to trim about 450 pieces of 223 brass. At 238 right now.
View attachment 7277130
No clue about the logging out thing. I stay logged in all the time.

Which trimmer do you have? I got the Lyman based on @Mike Casselton suggestion. That was a life saver when I did 1200, 260 cases this last fall.

No clue about the logging out thing. I stay logged in all the time.

Which trimmer do you have? I got the Lyman based on @Mike Casselton suggestion. That was a life saver when I did 1200, 260 cases this last fall.
That’s what’s weird, I use to stay logged in all the time. Just had to log in again this morning.
I have a Frankford arsenal platinum trimmer combo. I really like it once it set up for the case you are trimming. Kinda a pain to set up and sometime you fuck up a piece of brass going toooo short. Not happy when a Norma 300 win mag case gets trimmed .0040 to short ?

Hey Moose, can't tell for sure but some look to be .002 too long. Might wanna run through em again.
? actually they are about .004 over minimum trim length.
Almost every Lake City case measured out to 1.770-1.775. Trimmed them back to 1.754. Seemed like a lot but minimum trim length is 1.750.

Reactions: S Roche
There was a box to click on to stay logged in. It was on the screen that you enter your screen name and password.

IDK if it's still there after all the changes. I have not logged out in a while
Very nice drive this morning down south
View attachment 7277574
On another note account still logging me out lol. And the wife just got a call they are laying her off and closing most of her company.
Hope no body in pacific county needs heating and ac work done ?

There was a box to click on to stay logged in. It was on the screen that you enter your screen name and password.

IDK if it's still there after all the changes. I have not logged out in a while
It was still there and it is checked. My account hasn’t done it to me in a while so maybe it’s fixed.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
View attachment 7277130

I don't want to start?

E

I grew up traveling Victory Drive. What am I missing here?
We were just passing through the area last night and gave it a look. Been 10 years since I had seen this place. They have cleaned it up some but still has that same old feel to it

Reactions: Waorani
Ms Hailey continues her watch over the little ones with a food coma in the sun for coyotes and wolves that have become prevelant in these parts #Wolf Season, #run on sentence, #bad punctuation, # don’t care??

View attachment 7278261
What's the rifle of choice to cover that generous field of fire?

Perfect fur stretchers! (y)

@Threadcutter308 is actually advising me on ‘don’t be stupid’ for my next build which will be a 30 or 33 cal. I know you guys already know this but threadcutter happens to be extremely knowledgeable in the way of the long stick? I am grateful for his time and assistance?. @Geno C. has contributed as well for tools and @1J04 for moral support and general mischief? Be interesting to see where I land and as you see from the pic’s.....opportunities are there?

@Threadcutter308 is actually advising me on ‘don’t be stupid’ for my next build which will be a 30 or 33 cal. I know you guys already know this but threadcutter happens to be extremely knowledgeable in the way of the long stick? I am grateful for his time and assistance?. @Geno C. has contributed as well for tools and @1J04 for moral support and general mischief? Be interesting to see where I land and as you see from the pic’s.....opportunities are there?
R, Thank you, I'm very flattered. :)

However, I'm not as smart as all that. Please, whatever you do, take in other's experiences as well, then you can make well informed decisions. There are a lot of smart and talented people here. Robert Gradous, Dave Tooley and Chad Dixon are at the pinnacle, their experience is invaluable. A lot of good eggs here...........(y)

Last edited:
@RNWRKNP How many yards to the top of that ridge in the center window?

If I resided there I'd be tempted to import diggers squirrels...... for a non-profit Raptor feeding program of course.

R, Thank you, I'm very flattered. :)

However, I'm not as smart as all that. Please, whatever you do, take in other's experiences as well, then you can make well informed decisions. There are a lot of smart and talented people here. Robert Gradous, Dave Tooley and Chad Dixon are at the pinnacle, their experience is invaluable. A lot of good eggs here...........(y)

Absolutely agree but your being humble!? Was telling the wife last night that the knowledge base here is astounding and not just for shooting??

@RNWRKNP How many yards to the top of that ridge in the center window?

If I resided there I'd be tempted to import diggers squirrels...... for a non-profit Raptor feeding program of course.

746 center, 803 right, 1871 left, no reading extreme left with my Leica. Took 7 shots stabilized to get the 1871 reading and those are all from memory as my dumb ass forgot the tote with the range finder??

you would enjoy the tree squirrels here?

What did I do??

746 center, 803 right, 1871 left, no reading extreme left with my Leica. Took 7 shots stabilized to get the 1871 reading and those are all from memory as my dumb ass forgot the tote with the range finder??

you would enjoy the tree squirrels here?
Looks like great coyote calling country!

Squirrels and fast .22 cals are one of my favorite forms of recreation. ;) Just to support a local company during these trying times (Nosler,) I purchased a few boxes of 62g Varmageddon bullets for my 7.7T Krieger barreled AR. I've heard they may be the most graphic varmint bullet on the market. We'll see.

Looks like great coyote calling country!

Squirrels and fast .22 cals are one of my favorite forms of recreation. ;) Just to support a local company during these trying times (Nosler,) I purchased a few boxes of 62g Varmageddon bullets for my 7.7T Krieger barreled AR. I've heard they may be the most graphic varmint bullet on the market. We'll see.

It is great LR coyote country for sure. Meadows like these and in the Flagstaff area are what started me down this whole long range path and trying to figure out how to do it right with the right gear. Don’t own a scope or bolt gun anymore that hasn’t either been sold off or modified to get’r done?

That AR sounds sweet with that Krieger barrel and see if you can’t get some video with that round? One of the reasons that I was seeking advise from threadcutter is that the gun you saw in the bravo stock is an Impact action and I am considering a prefit in 22 Creed. Should do a number on prairie dogs back home on the ranch?

Screenshot_20200321-161509_Gallery.jpg

Daddy let's go fishing.
So us 3 went down to the pond. Still 5 ft low... no luck maybe if the dog would stay out of the water. Went down to the creek and across. Have a pond that doesn't hold water, dug too deep. Daddy get me a frog. So we went to the other creek and looked for frogs. We had fun and found the mud.
Yes I know I should have took my phone for pictures.

We were just passing through the area last night and gave it a look. Been 10 years since I had seen this place. They have cleaned it up some but still has that same old feel to it
At least 10 years since I've been through there but used to frequent some of the Victory Dr establishments on occasion about 40yrs ago!