• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Load'm up and move'm out!

i-mb2sfww-L.jpg

Looks like MarinePMI isn’t the only one doing some cooking? Those are going to be brutal?

Reactions: TACC and Sieg
Been working on changing our view at home over the last few months by renovating / updating our house. We built this place about 22 years ago just before I left the military, first home we had owned in now 42 years of marriage. A few weeks ago I was doing some work outside near the spa and instead of getting a short ladder I decided to use an impact wrench above head height. Initial twinge was followed by fairly intense pain, multiple visits to doctor, chiropractor and ultrasound / cortisone injections with no improvement but Bourbon consumption went up significantly. Doctor finally said if we need to find the problem you will need an MRI but you will have to pay for it. I snapped then as I had already wasted more than that cost on trying alternatives and had never implied to him that I could not afford the correct treatment. Had multiple days off work due to pain. Fast forward to today, saw a surgeon and within 5 minutes was booked in for a shoulder reconstruction next week.
Of course it is my right shoulder and I am right handed so I am going to have to learn to drink Bourbon / use laptop left handed for the next couple of weeks. Getting older is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be...

Get a good comfortable chair, and place near your favorite window. Shoulder surgery is great... it’s the recovery that sucks. Good luck.

It’s a 45,000. My neighbor does gas work for a living. I asked about going bigger and he said it would short cycle and be bad for it?‍♂️ I always figured bigger was better because it didn’t have to work so hard.
That’ll be plenty for your garage space. In sizing ours, the theory your friend is using is correct especially for home furnaces (cycles eventually kills them). We were told to slightly oversize for a shop if you want quick recovery. I went right in the middle and am very pleased. That’s a solid unit.

That’ll be plenty for your garage space. In sizing ours, the theory your friend is using is correct especially for home furnaces (cycles eventually kills them). We were told to slightly oversize for a shop if you want quick recovery. I went right in the middle and am very pleased. That’s a solid unit.
The guy has been doing it for almost 20 years. I’m not too proud to defer to a pro?

Got sent home today from work early and for 2+ weeks. Figured I need a work station for cleaning and working on my rifles. Still need to order tool organizer and draw liner. Going to walk mount a tv above it.
141CA42A-89CC-471A-989F-89C2278CC2EC.jpeg
79A3A8E0-D07B-4324-A80E-0F5D2DB5873C.jpeg

I saw that wooden chest and it made me think about making something for dies, loading gadgets, and my firearm specific tools.

I used to make some cool wood Projects when I was younger.

I saw that wooden chest and it made me think about making something for dies, loading gadgets, and my firearm specific tools.

I used to make some cool wood Projects when I was younger.
That one is special.
Unless I've missed my guess these folks made it:
I have a taste for vintage things of this nature.

R

That one is special.
Unless I've missed my guess these folks made it:
I have a taste for vintage things of this nature.

R
You are correct. I got it literally packed full of machinists tool, mics, indicators and stuff like that. Guy was retired and didn’t have a use for it anymore. It currently is packed full of stuff I use for loading. Tools and such. It’ll go up on the shelf whenever I get around to cutting the 3” thick slab of hickory to the right dimensions.

You are correct. I got it literally packed full of machinists tool, mics, indicators and stuff like that. Guy was retired and didn’t have a use for it anymore. It currently is packed full of stuff I use for loading. Tools and such. It’ll go up on the shelf whenever I get around to cutting the 3” thick slab of hickory to the right dimensions.
Had my first exposure to them from a local mentor.
A 84 year old retired Fiat-Allis engineer.
He just purchased a Markforged printer.
The man is a rare example of brilliant mind and can use his hands.
Anyhow he has a couple of vintage large examples.
Traditional craftmanship so rare these days.

R

I have a go duffle for the truck when I have to go out.

I feel well prepared. Could be better, but couldnt most of us? (Exclude uber-rich @TheGerman here).

Biggest advantage we can have as we all know is ability to think and adjust on the fly.
And the intestinal fortitude to stomp hard and fast if it comes to that.
We all can say its easy on here. Im quite certain its not unless you have done it previously.

@Rthur - just looked at their website quickly. Gorgeous stuff!!!

Have made some similar items, I think I will make one.
I get a lot if joy out of hand-cutting dovetailed joints for drawers and that perfect smoothness of a sanding job.

Their classy pistol case is sweet, as is the “book end” hideout for a pistol.

Gonna be busy next fall after hunting!!

Probably talk to my buddy about getting some oak and walnut that came from his property he has all milled to close dimensions in his garage.
He isnt woodworking much now with 3 kids and 1000 head of cattle and his own land to feed em.....

Getting excited!!

That’s just the carry on. Checked baggage can vary from day to day for sure, and doesn’t count what I have on my person. Spent a few days on combat patrols in ugly places so hopefully I took something away in the means of “prepared”. Maybe more along the lines of defend until I get to a place to make a logical decision

Yes it is! Good eye. It's designed for airsoft guns. While I haven't used it in a while, it's a lot of fun to shoot with my metal gas airsoft 1911.
Would be a fun size for a rimfire target. My current star is ridiculously big

Reactions: kthomas
Did you ever feel like a complete retard? Did you ever do something you knew better than to do...but just didnt think? I'd like to say it all happened so fast, and it did, but I had time to think..."Why is my finger burning?"

I was nearly finished chopping(mini chop saw), what I estimate to be a good 750 commercial brass and moving to the sizing and trimming phase. Was just checking to see how hot the motor was, to see if I could make it through that last 40 or so. Smart money would have turned it off and unplugged. Stupid....stupid....stupid.

I walked out in the living room and the House Wench asked if I was done making a ruckus for the day. "Yeah hon, I'm done for the day. Um.....I'm gonna need you to get the big first aid box..."
She is going nuts wanting to take me to get stitches. I was washed it good with antibacterial soap, irrigated with 50ppm colloidal silver, wrapped with silver nitrate ointment. Thought about super glue, but figured I might better just let it drain a bit first.

20200327_171747.jpg

20200327_173029.jpg

And the prize winning statement when the wife came in the bathroom with the kit?
"Cant you try and bleed a little neater?"