• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

"Cant you try and bleed a little neater?"
I get the same shit from my sammich maker. She bout had a stroke when I walked in with this other day. Damn grinder wheels!!
E5583BB4-D9A2-4B59-AE0D-3B95B4EA3C3F.jpeg
E117CF93-CBFA-40B3-ADC3-C1323B4EFC71.jpeg

No pictures but, getting your beard caught up in the drill chuck. Yeah it'll leave a raw spot/patch where it removed the hair.
The hands and arms are a constant reminder that those fucking mexicans and Chinese leave the sharp edges on machinery for payment. They are making shit wages but are laughing their asses off knowing someone is going to bleed like a stuck hog.

You are correct. I got it literally packed full of machinists tool, mics, indicators and stuff like that. Guy was retired and didn’t have a use for it anymore. It currently is packed full of stuff I use for loading. Tools and such. It’ll go up on the shelf whenever I get around to cutting the 3” thick slab of hickory to the right dimensions.

Would that be a hunk of Florida hickory?

I finished up the rough chopping and run about 250 through the blackout small base die.
I'm thinking now there may be close to 900 or 1000 of them brass. I ain't about to count them till they come out of the Dillon ready to pop. Ain't decided whether to make subs or supers. I don't have any 110gr bullets. Plenty of 190s, 200s, bunch of 155s, 168s, few 180s, some M2 ball pull downs. Decisions decisions.
Shower, dress the finger, cold drank.

Did you ever feel like a complete retard? Did you ever do something you knew better than to do...but just didnt think? I'd like to say it all happened so fast, and it did, but I had time to think..."Why is my finger burning?"

I was nearly finished chopping(mini chop saw), what I estimate to be a good 750 commercial brass and moving to the sizing and trimming phase. Was just checking to see how hot the motor was, to see if I could make it through that last 40 or so. Smart money would have turned it off and unplugged. Stupid....stupid....stupid.

I walked out in the living room and the House Wench asked if I was done making a ruckus for the day. "Yeah hon, I'm done for the day. Um.....I'm gonna need you to get the big first aid box..."
She is going nuts wanting to take me to get stitches. I was washed it good with antibacterial soap, irrigated with 50ppm colloidal silver, wrapped with silver nitrate ointment. Thought about super glue, but figured I might better just let it drain a bit first.

View attachment 7283328
View attachment 7283329

And the prize winning statement when the wife came in the bathroom with the kit?
"Cant you try and bleed a little neater?"
Might have you beat?
IMG_7706.JPG
IMG_7707.JPG

Well, seeings how it’s what not to do with power tools this evening (not a dig because I’ve been there), we had 6th and 7th block Industrial Arts after lunch today. Grace had some “ideas” (think woman) for her graduation party decorations. We have basic woodworking tools and a metric ton of old tongue and groove barn siding stored overhead in the barn. I FINALLY got to enjoy the benefits of years of painfully slow teaching during 4H projects to sit back and just give pointers here and there. The only thing I physically did was rip appropriate pieces on the table saw. They were safe and did good work.
08659E87-0C77-4CB1-83BF-79504190D7AC.jpeg

Looks like great coyote calling country!

Squirrels and fast .22 cals are one of my favorite forms of recreation. ;) Just to support a local company during these trying times (Nosler,) I purchased a few boxes of 62g Varmageddon bullets for my 7.7T Krieger barreled AR. I've heard they may be the most graphic varmint bullet on the market. We'll see.
Without a doubt in my experience, tack driver out of my 22 inch AR stoner AR upper, I lucked out with a great barrel.

My 8am street view facing east..

View attachment 7283784
Starting to burn off, expecting sun and 50's today. Winter is slowly releasing it's grip, the snow piles have dropped by half this week.

Chores first, shooting this afternoon.
If that fog doesn’t clear, you won’t need anything with more range than a 22 ?

If that fog doesn’t clear, you won’t need anything with more range than a 22 ?

Good one! Things have changed..
20200328_113107.jpg

Same view 45 minutes ago. School flag is mostly still, hope it stays that way.

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world but traffic on our street is dramatically reduced. In a tiny village of 900 souls that means one vehicle every half hour. That's just fine with me

10 rd mags???What communist state do you live in? :p
Those are the ones that work the best in this gun. It is 7.62x39 so the long curvy ones haven’t played well for me so far. Tried several different kinds/capacities and these work great so I stuck with them. Don’t need more than 10 with the concussion it lets off!

I guess today is “real” house chores and not shooting like I usually end up doing. Had to prime the well pump for the summer View attachment 7284077
O.K., these might be stoopid questions, but here goes.
Summer well pump; is this for your house or livestock?
Where do you get winter water?
That looks to be a pressure tank. Correct?

O.K., these might be stoopid questions, but here goes.
Summer well pump; is this for your house or livestock?
Where do you get winter water?
That looks to be a pressure tank. Correct?
Correct it is pressurized. I shut off in the winter cause we have county water to the house and shop. I have a few lines ran just off the well for grass, washing cars, watering chickens, and whatever other wasteful stuff I don’t feel like paying the county for their water.

don’t trust it for much due to all the ground saturation of farming liquids. We have three wells on the property in total. The one you see in the pic and a hand pump in the backyard. We have another on the back part of property where there used to be a hog barn.

Correct it is pressurized. I shut off in the winter cause we have county water to the house and shop. I have a few lines ran just off the well for grass, washing cars, watering chickens, and whatever other wasteful stuff I don’t feel like paying the county for their water.

don’t trust it for much due to all the ground saturation of farming liquids. We have three wells on the property in total. The one you see in the pic and a hand pump in the backyard. We have another on the back part of property where there used to be a hog barn.

Thanks for the explanation. At the family farm we have had piped in rural water since '85.

It is sad some of these old wells can't be trusted anymore. Some of them made good coffee.

‘That’s got muskrat written all over it?We have the Bear River that runs through our property with various sloughs adjacent where me and my brother would have a blast doing the same damn thing? Up in our range land we huge beaver ponds and played the same game with beaver.

Beaver would also damn up a nice sized creek that runs through our property, fish and game would issue us dynamite to blow the damns out. Periodically their were survivors that were put down after the fact. One year 3 sticks were placed but the fuse/cap failed to ignite. I have an uncle with a sense of mischief about him and he placed 3 more with a new fuse/cap that did ignite.........made for a nice fishing hole the following year???

Were about 25 miles east of Cincinnati.
There are beaver around but none really close. We have 2 ponds on the property. The bigger one is 20 yds in front of the house.
While waiting for rats yesterday there was an owl that would call and every time for 20 min a turkey near it would gobble when the owl would hoot.

House alone is on 60 acres of woods plus I have more around it. After that alot of farms.
So wildlife is an every day occurence.
Self quarantine... Check that box!