• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I’m blinded by your screen but maybe here or here
EE051305-B9C7-4CAE-BFA6-564FFAF2CC4D.jpeg

Usually there is 1 week each spring where the critters are waking up and still dumb.

This is the week.

Muskrats, snapping turtles, and large water snakes are on the not so welcome list here.

Muskrats screw up my pond bank
Snapping turtles can nip the dump dogs and wife hates them
Large water snakes even the non venomous freak her out because she cant identify them at a distance.

Since she walks the dogs 2 to 3 times a day around the pond and field I happily oblige with that pest control.

Getting the pool filled back up after some maintenance. Have some new drains on order. Install them next week and finish it up then install the salt system. After some self isolation in the maverick in the back waters this coming weekend
9FFD5496-56D9-40F3-AFEF-88234C51BFE4.jpeg

This is why if you want the most consistent groups out of your 22; you don’t shoot with a can. I removed this from my Tbac 22 takedown, just by scraping it. Only about 800 rounds on it since it was last cleanedView attachment 7284882View attachment 7284883View attachment 7284884
That was why my rimfire cans aren't TBAC. They didnt have a user serviceable one at the time. I wonder if a copper plated bullet would help? I used to only shoot copper plated .22lr. I haven't since owning a can and shooting subs. Probably dont make a copper plated bullet loaded for subs.

Reactions: TACC
That was why my rimfire cans aren't TBAC. They didnt have a user serviceable one at the time. I wonder if a copper plated bullet would help? I used to only shoot copper plated .22lr. I haven't since owning a can and shooting subs. Probably dont make a copper plated bullet loaded for subs.
I think the whole bullet would have to be plated and not just copper washed

Went to fix a cooling system and they had a pissed off dog. He seemed pretty mad that I was there when his humans weren't home. He kept staring like he was going to eat me.
MVIMG_20200330_132618.jpg

He didn't know that I don't scare easily. So I went up to him and gave him a great big." What a good boy" and a Milk Bone. We are buds forever now.
MVIMG_20200330_132609.jpg

Window trim out is done. 60 odd rip cuts, 160 + miter cuts. On to flooring.
20200330_104253.jpg

The porch decking is fir tongue and groove that's been exposed to weather for many decades. Needless to say, it's warped pretty good. I informed the owners that 1/4" underlayment would cover minor sins, but not the mountains and canyons on their floor. Spent 4 solid hours behind the floor sander with a 20 grit belt knocking down high spots. Good to go.

Weather has been high 40's, 50's for several days, snow melting, water is running. Owners have a small creek running through the property, lt's running high and fast..

20200330_171139.jpg

Need to get this job done, gophers will be shootable any day.

We live in one of the last two counties in the state without a reported case of CV19. Won't last, but I'll take it for today.

Window trim out is done. 60 odd rip cuts, 160 + miter cuts. On to flooring. View attachment 7286140
The porch decking is fir tongue and groove that's been exposed to weather for many decades. Needless to say, it's warped pretty good. I informed the owners that 1/4" underlayment would cover minor sins, but not the mountains and canyons on their floor. Spent 4 solid hours behind the floor sander with a 20 grit belt knocking down high spots. Good to go.

Weather has been high 40's, 50's for several days, snow melting, water is running. Owners have a small creek running through the property, lt's running high and fast..

View attachment 7286175
Need to get this job done, gophers will be shootable any day.

We live in one of the last two counties in the state without a reported case of CV19. Won't last, but I'll take it for today.
None in my county either. I think like you, it won’t be long...

From what I understand, cases are only reported in counties that have some form of medical center. The counties both east and northwest of us do not have those facilities, so who knows what's going on there. We have a minimal hospital and clinic.

Fly low, avoid crowds. Business as usual.

Nice looking shelf dude and it will look sweet when it’s finished? Although I probably wouldn’t expect a Christmas card from your table saw???? Looks like a Diablo blade to git’r done?
Most likely not a Diablo blade. The table insert is red and reflecting off the shiny steel blade.

Worked at the home place (alone) today and removed over grown shrubs and plantings that were rubbing against the steel siding on dad’s shop/hangar. New, lower maintenance plants will go in next. Miss Lori has been tasked with that job thankfully. Before and after....
12729AAB-A3AA-40C5-A519-29C347068DAD.jpeg
C9C54C5B-B6B9-4853-892B-9BDDD7094E73.jpeg

Before I left, I walked over and leaned on a fence post of the west pasture where heifers that have calved are put into. A 2 day old bull calf was running, kicking, and bucking in the spring sun and green grass without a care in the world. He doesn’t watch the news or know what is going on in the human world as we know it. I tried multiple attempts at pictures, but none turned out. He’ll be good eatin’ in 14 months, he just doesn’t know that yet ?.

Nice looking shelf dude and it will look sweet when it’s finished? Although I probably wouldn’t expect a Christmas card from your table saw???? Looks like a Diablo blade to git’r done?
You’re correct. That was some hard work for that little table saw! I could have rented the 16” circular saw and saved a little wear on it but it survived.

Diablo blade is also correct ?

You’re correct. That was some hard work for that little table saw! I could have rented the 16” circular saw and saved a little wear on it but it survived.

Nothing a jointer can't clean up. If you don't have one, another light (1/16) pass with the table saw might save you some sanding time. Beautiful piece of wood and nice project.

CV3B3677 Ed.jpg

This is Mexican Hat. It's a little ways south of Valley of the Gods and is one of those things in nature that are guaranteed to change. It has some bolts drilled into it so you can aid your way out the roof with a few pieces of trad gear. I forget what it's graded but it's an easy aid route. The local tradition is to climb it while doing hallucinogens and tequila. We found a little cowboy hat and a toy 6-shooter on top along with an empty huge tequila bottle with a dollar bill in it.

So I looked around the Photoshop forum to try to figure out what Mexican Hat looks like to locals after they climb it while tripping their nuts off on peyote and chugging Death Binge tequila. Here's what it came up with:

032720 HDR 4 ed2 Sz.jpg

Last edited:

Beats the hell out of making square cuts on an 18” Vega pole with a carpenters square and a chain saw??? Nice work on an awesome project dude?

Skil saw, table saw and pretty sure my chop saw are all wearing Diablo.....cuz their the shit?

In another hour or so my view is going to be that big bright light in the operating theater for shoulder surgery.
Suck up as much nitrous, as fast as you can !

I had both hips done. Much tougher than shoulders, you're gonna do great !

Good to see you're getting it looked after. It'll make the world of difference/improvement. Take it slow and don't fuk up recovery.......