• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I’ll have to Google fu hair slip. Have not heard of that in our area.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/diseases/hair-loss

https://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/health_program/docs/elkhoofdiseasefactsheetfinal.pdf

One of the rumors, since NOBODY is willing to take responsibility, is that the chemicals that have been used for spraying saplings is part of the cause. But who really knows. Just like the Hoof Rot issue our Elk, they say that's from mingling with Cattle. All I know is our Elk and Deer are obviously not healthy......

"Oh, and my Deer are getting the dreaded hair slip that's been going around for years now. Terrible shit!"

I've had that for several years myself!

In MO? No kidding. You have any pics of the Deer affected?

IMG_20200401_063111994.jpg

Strange with only two cars. Usually packed.

Last edited:
Finished the flooring..
20200401_132154.jpg

And the tongue & groove...
20200401_154905.jpg

Planned on starting exterior trim and siding today, woke up to this.
20200402_073105.jpg

Projected 6-10 inches in the next 24 hours. Social distancing will be easy today.

Sitting staring in my gun safe debating on fire selling everything. I have been on the verge of getting away from guns for almost 2.5 years. Can’t for the life of me find the motivation to keep getting deeper into it. What a sad day for me.

Sitting staring in my gun safe debating on fire selling everything. I have been on the verge of getting away from guns for almost 2.5 years. Can’t for the life of me find the motivation to keep getting deeper into it. What a sad day for me.

Whoa there Rooster, slow down. Take a deep breath. Let's think about this for a spell.

Yes, there is some funky shit we are going through these days. And the fact you've been contemplating this for 32 months is not to be taken lightly.

Far be it for me to hide behind a keyboard and give advise to a name on a web forum. However, if I were there, we would crack some beers, you would talk and I'd listen. Hopefully, after 2 or 6 beers, you would talk yourself out of doing something that would be regretted in the future.

(hang on while I grab two more Buds).

You have your reasons for this train of thought. I respect that. I'm just suggesting a little more thought would be a good thing. Let's shut the safe door, finish this 6 pack and go for a drive.

Deal?

@LeftyJason, @Icallem thanks and will try to explain without running on and on

@Nodakplowboy, thanks for the moral support. It definitely takes more effort to tell a complete stranger something positive than a close/loved one. I appreciate your words. The struggle with me has been ongoing with what drives me lately. I have been around guns since I can remember walking around the holler with Dad and some blasters. I have guns I would probably never part with, but most are items that are material and nothing more. I broke out a fresh glass of iced tea to catch my breath. The gun safe is closed but therein lies the issue. I could close the safe door and not open it for weeks on end and feel ok about that. The passion is lacking and I can’t figure out where it went.
Been a while since I finished a 6 pack and took a dirt road cruise. I may have to start drinking again!!!!
Rooster