What's Your View II

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
I could use more Varget.

Think I have some with my name on it when one of our guys comes outta the hills after the China Flu is over.

TV just shat the bed.

With my folks here and my kiddo at home till school is out, its gonna be kinda important.

Personally would rather buy my kid another firearm or her first suppressor.....

I can prolly swing another 16 of Varget if they got it.... be handy with 2 rifles that like it.

Elk tacos for dinner.

Then a couple whiskeys after!

Mooseknuckles

Private
Belligerents
Jan 11, 2014
I only have one 308 I load with Varget. This will get me by for a while. Been searching for some Ramshot magnum for my 300 win to duplicate Berger ammo load but it seems to be out of stock every where.

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
I saw, I looked, out, I cried. dont need it enough to pay $28/lb for 1 pounders......

I will keep on top of the 8 lb search. 8 will do just dandy. 16 would be awesome

roostercogburn98

Private
Belligerents
Nov 3, 2010
Turned on the boob tube for a minute and it was a NASCAR race. Doesn’t look like they are practicing social distancing in the stands.

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
So I get an email that BCM will not ship mags I ordered for a buddy to his place in WY because I have a CO address and its a “restricted state”

I emailed them. Havent heard back.

Not impressed.

Prolly wont go full retard and cut up my BCM stuff like guys did with their Yetis and Benchmades. And probably wont use em or buy any of their stuff anymore either.

Happy to post email up if anyone wants to see.
Easier from my laptop at home vs phone on my lunch.

Anyone know of a nice handstop like theirs for an MLOK hand-guard?.....?

Flint62a1

Private
Belligerents
View attachment 7290054

Coffee on the porch with new puppy while I wait for muskrats
In my youth I worked as a security guard for the local township. One of our posts was a now defunct garbage dump. I guess the seagulls needed protection. There was a stream that ran along the outside and under a bridge at the entrance to the dump. I worked there usually overnite, 12-8. This stream was overrun with muskrats, so I would bring my pump pellet gun with me and shoot them in the moonlight. It was a great way to spend the nite, usually when they were hit they would float downstream with the tide.... Until one morning all the locals waiting to get in were pointing to the stream and shaking their heads. I took a walk down there and shit! There at various points on the bank were a bunch of dead muskrats. I left the rifle home for a while after that.

Nodakplowboy

Grumpy Gramps
Belligerents
Mar 4, 2017
Got back to the job today after the snow delay. Mud everywhere. Started on the exterior vinyl board trim out. First one went well.20200406_112514.jpg
Had to fight shrubbery on all the rest, even did some serious pruning with the saz all. Such is residential work.

Might start traveling with a chainsaw.

1J04

Morale Officer
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2011
Naselle WA
Been in the hospital since Saturday night with my wife. She's 27 weeks pregnant with twins and had some complications. Things seem to be better and stable but they're keeping her through Thursday at the minimum for observation. View attachment 7292057

Wishing you all the best Brother. As @powdahound76 said, if you need anything, please let us know. Your six is covered!

1J04

Morale Officer
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2011
Naselle WA
Not my pic, it's from the local Mullet Wrapper of a Paper. The Humpbacks are back in the Columbia playing around the Astoria/Megler Bridge connecting Washington and Oregon. That's Saddle Mountain on the Oregon side in the background.

1586273281139.png

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
You gotta be quicker than that ?
“Thats what”
- she

???

And today I was quick enough. Powder valley had 8lbs jugs in stock so I got me some. And some HP-38 for our wayward member @Claymorx......

Decent supply, go grab a little boys!!

I got 1200 or so 175 SMK to load up. Now to teach my 8 yr old brass prep for rifle..... ?

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2007
Wautoma, WI
“Thats what”
- she

???

And today I was quick enough. Powder valley had 8lbs jugs in stock so I got me some. And some HP-38 for our wayward member @Claymorx......

Decent supply, go grab a little boys!!

I got 1200 or so 175 SMK to load up. Now to teach my 8 yr old brass prep for rifle..... ?
Cash is 8 and he can do about 50 at a time before wanting to do something else

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
My kid loves sizing. She is 8 (keep yer boy away!!!) and can pull the lever for about 30 min at a time.

She also bells cases for me as I load 45s on a single stage still.

Im not sure I can get her dialed in enough to do the rest without a dose of Ritalin...... ?

Its ok, brass prep in volume is a good time for some old country music and sip of whiskey.
Like shooting, it is therapeutic and more fun than a shrink!!!

kthomas

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
O. K., you have a Gila monster wishing admittance. How do you take care of this?

Seriously, what does one do? We don't have critters like that up here.
He was only in the foyer for about 15-20 minutes and then decided that area was not for him.

I love seeing wildlife. I generally just take a few pictures and leave the wildlife alone.

These Gila monster's don't like being messed with, they have no problem defending themselves. They are the largest venomous lizard in North America, and aren't afraid to bite if you bug them. If they bite, they will chew on you for a bit to try and inject as much venom as they can. Apparently they don't let go unless you drown them or kill them by other means - I've never been bit by one thankfully, and can't confirm if that's a wife's tail or if that's actually how they run their business. I plan on not finding out :p

I love seeing them though. They are like little dinosaur's. It's my first one of the season.

Waorani

Comfortably Numb
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Greenbow, AL
I've wanted a Gila monster since I was a kid but $1500 for a captive bred juvenile just ain't worth it. This fella crawled up into a trackhoe on a project in AZ and lost a leg as a result but recovered nicely and is probably still out there eating bird eggs and other crittersIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0284.JPG!