• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Moved the chickens to the permanent outside home. Just have to play the waiting game for egg laying age. Hopefully they will keep the bug population down as well.
AD5047E6-8F25-40F5-94AF-DEF9A8D5243D.jpeg

That’s exactly why she’s doing it. That and to be able to blow the crap out of her flower areas in the fall without mulch going everywhere. There will be at least another 5k before she is done. She’s already went through 10...

Seems I’m getting sucked into doing more work with this load
The only problem arises when your dog smells something interesting and starts digging. You'd be surprised how far a Gordon Setter can hurl rocks when he's excavating. :)

@Mr. Zick - you sound like a guy I worked for as a kid. A couple actually.

One paid me well to do shit work, nasty dirty manual labor. I told him to have a list as I work pretty fast (thats what she said....).
finished the list on 6 hrs and reorganized some stuff while I was at it, as the ladies who worked in his Hallmark store did a shit job before he hired me. Mostly carrying heavy boxes and cleaning up and old dirty basement of an old downtown storefront he used for storage.
He thought it was a 2 day job, so paid me for 16 hrs.
he had me come back a lot and always paid me very well, in cash. I always worked my ass off and did more than he expected. We both won.

helluva nice guy Gary was. Rest in peace he may.
He recommended me to a contractor who paid me the same way. Give me a long list and I would skip chasing girls to work my butt off. Mike was a great guy too and taught me a lot about house work and building stuff.
I was 17-21 during those years.

I paid the kid who helped me $20/hr cash and 2.5 of the 10 hrs was window time. “Kid”, (19), is an avid and accomplished shooter also skilled in wheelbarrow logistics. Seems like yours are on their way!
Buzz works for way less than that. Tell him
$20/hour and he might work you into the ground 😂

They looking for work? An endless supply of trailers like this should be lemon squeezy.
View attachment 7316802
A see a scoop shovel and mulch 😔. I know you do this for a leaving, but a 10 tine fork (silage type fork) moves that stuff with ease comparatively. We buy mulch (actually wood chips) by the dump trailer load yearly for landscaping and it gets moved with hydraulics or an ensilage fork into a wheelbarrow. YMMV

Lazy bulldogs don’t give a shit about anything 😂
My Golden Retriever used to fetch rocks from the bottom of the creeks and sneak them home. I heard her chewing one afternoon and went to look cause I hadn’t given her a bone. She had a river rock in her mouth and was looking for a place to hide it. She would always dive for rocks in the water. Sure do miss her.

Starling season has arrived. One of the screens comes off the window above the kitchen sink. I even have a range card hanging on the fridge 😊. Good practice as it gets me away from prone.
View attachment 7317479
The only good starling is a dead starling.
what did that little guy have on the clintons :D
Starlings and sparrows in the US caused by William Shakespeare fans. Stupid liberal arts majors.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Starling Medicine.JPG

Living in a small town I have to be careful. I really enjoy using the Beeman but the neighbor put a trampoline in the backyard so shooting is out. Used to be a lineman and had a 120 to 480 transformer in the basement. Haven't named it yet but I found that if the starlings feet lock on I need to shut it off when the smoke begins or it kicks out the breaker. Quick end for suet stealing SOB's.

View attachment 7317605

Living in a small town I have to be careful. I really enjoy using the Beeman but the neighbor put a trampoline in the backyard so shooting is out. Used to be a lineman and had a 120 to 480 transformer in the basement. Haven't named it yet but I found that if the starlings feet lock on I need to shut it off when the smoke begins or it kicks out the breaker. Quick end for suet stealing SOB's.
Submit your names fellas for this wonderful device. I’d love to see it on a short video doing its thing. I’d name it the Roost n Roast.

View attachment 7317605

now thats a bug light

It has been raining here for 2.5 days and it was wet before that. All my back country shooting roads are soft or under water. Job work is at a standstill, either waiting for folks to make decisions, or ordered materials to land. Slow shipping due to the virus has even crept down to the construction world. Had some driveway projects for the Child Bride, rained out. So, time for brass prep. Or I should say, more brass prep.

20200505_170739.jpg

I don't mind prepping brass, needs to be done, although I'd rather be out emptying it. Come on Sunshine!

It has been raining here for 2.5 days and it was wet before that. All my back country shooting roads are soft or under water. Job work is at a standstill, either waiting for folks to make decisions, or ordered materials to land. Slow shipping due to the virus has even crept down to the construction world. Had some driveway projects for the Child Bride, rained out. So, time for brass prep. Or I should say, more brass prep.

View attachment 7317826
I don't mind prepping brass, needs to be done, although I'd rather be out emptying it. Come on Sunshine!
I hear ya on the prep. A friend brought over 500 - 22-250 to load. No problem I've got nothing but time after being in since 3/13

i-svBRNqh-XL.jpg

As F'd up as the USA has become it's still the best place to hang your hat. 🇺🇸

Third month for me. Was surprised online app went so smoothly. Did the math years ago and came to conclusion unless you're still working, makes no sense to delay. I am out and trying to remember how I ever actually had time to work!

Some rust and nitre bluing projects finally coming together... Cell phone camera hides some stuff that will end up getting re-done but the bulk of the learning curve is over. What's another week or two... Oh yeah, and to find that safety lever. :rolleyes:

CZProject.jpg

UPS amazes me. They knows people are stuck inside, so it creates the track my package view. Now I can sit and watch my stuff drive all over NC before it gets to me.
538DFF33-96AA-4298-8DA4-93F37D85670F.jpeg

Reactions: tnichols and TACC
So @Sieg
And @Waorani

I'll be 62 end of August.
Just go on line and fill out the forms?

Same as Sieg - very easy. Go ahead and get registered on site if not already. I didn't realize payments are one month delayed so lost a month (e.g., May benefit is paid in June). Mixed feelings about being on the Govt tit but I started paying in at 18, maxed out a lot of later years, and self-employed many years so paid double.

Reactions: Snuby642
View attachment 7317605

I often wanted to make a 3x3 square of expanded metal around all of my feeders and load the pole holding them.
Squirrel's are never happy

Swung by a fancy lumber place yesterday. I’m replacing the top rail of the short wall by my basement stairs. It has a plain piece of oak on it now, but I bought this piece of sapele that is just amazing! Still needs cut to fit and finished but with a little mineral spirits on it, it really is cool 😎 this is it dry
385DAD50-7C81-4F36-ACE3-042A7E37BD72.jpeg
and wet
6051B8D2-3E6A-487A-B1DF-031A6311445A.jpeg
2BCE4F5E-AADB-4729-8312-4EF93F7F736A.jpeg

Same as Sieg - very easy. Go ahead and get registered on site if not already. I didn't realize payments are one month delayed so lost a month (e.g., May benefit is paid in June). Mixed feelings about being on the Govt tit but I started paying in at 18, maxed out a lot of later years, and self-employed many years so paid double.
I'm not on the tit..... I'm getting back the money I've been loaning them for forty years. :cool:

View attachment 7317605

Ole Sparky

Reactions: Geno C.
As the weather here has gradually warmed, the ground squirrels (striped and Wyoming) that were absent all winter have returned. Not being farmers or gardeners, we enjoy watching the little rodents.

Striped_grnd_sqrl_8095.jpg
Wyo_grnd_sqrl_8073.jpg

Reactions: RNWRKNP