• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

@tnichols

Just noticed I had not seen Geno C around in a few.

Y'all heard from him? Or am I just not seeing the same threads he is on?

ETA: I am on my laptop at home, used the member search and see he is over in the PIT. Sorry for being a tard.....

y'all take care and be smarter than me!

Or just provide a cut list and plans...
I started with collecting the windows. Then laying them out to get the dimensions needed for framing. So there's no real way to give a standard plan. Old windows vary in sizes and some of the ones I used were rotated 90 degrees and others were trimmed on the table saw to get the sides and front and back to match.

Reactions: Barneybdb
@tnichols

Just noticed I had not seen Geno C around in a few.

Y'all heard from him? Or am I just not seeing the same threads he is on?

ETA: I am on my laptop at home, used the member search and see he is over in the PIT. Sorry for being a tard.....

y'all take care and be smarter than me!
He’s alive and well

Reactions: oneshot86
I will be done milking the shit out of my barn today.
Friend and I will put the rake and corner enclosures on and I can get juice hooked up to it.
Time to start making money out of this ho bag
20200501_105648.jpg
20200501_105920.jpg
20200501_105558.jpg
20200501_105539.jpg

I will be done milking the shit out of my barn today.
Friend and I will put the rake and corner enclosures on and I can get juice hooked up to it.
Time to start making money out of this ho bagView attachment 7325764View attachment 7325763View attachment 7325762View attachment 7325760

Mike, you got me all fired up to get this floor poured. Gonna get the rest of the crap outta there and start the shovel party on the sand pile. FREE BEER! We'll get that crap spread out, put the sprinkler to it, lay plastic, form it up, rebar the 1st couple feet in front, then screed away! Gonna give the fiber mesh a try and forego rebar throughout. Not gonna have anything heavy in there so we'll see how that works out. Can't wait to get this project behind us. Then I'll rewire it and probably frame it in. We'll see.

20200514_071516.jpg

Oh, and speaking of sand, some of you can just go pack some !!! 😂

Tripping down memory lane again. The second reloading data book I used.
20200514_093407.jpg

First book started in the mid 70's and is long gone. Above book ends 8/22/02 with some 22BR data. Paging through I'm reminded of all the rifles that have passed through my hands. Some good, some bad and some I kick my ass for having let go. It's also a timeline of how products and techniques have changed, at least in my world. I still remember how pissed some of were when Nosler quit making these.
20200514_095603.jpg

Shot a big pile of prairie rats with those in 22-250's with the then new Varget. Jeez, I'm getting old.
Been raining on and off last 5 days, 2 inches total. Farming is going to be tough around here, there's still last years corn stubble to get through and the ground is soaking wet. We need 10 days of sun, heat and wind. Never thought I'd be hoping for wind.

Mike, you got me all fired up to get this floor poured. Gonna get the rest of the crap outta there and start the shovel party on the sand pile. FREE BEER! We'll get that crap spread out, put the sprinkler to it, lay plastic, form it up, rebar the 1st couple feet in front, then screed away! Gonna give the fiber mesh a try and forego rebar throughout. Not gonna have anything heavy in there so we'll see how that works out. Can't wait to get this project behind us. Then I'll rewire it and probably frame it in. We'll see.

View attachment 7325891

Oh, and speaking of sand, some of you can just go pack some !!! 😂

fiber crete is marginally more, i like it... finish it right w out the fiber showing,or you will hate sweeping forever.
we had the power trowell run on it until it looked like a slab of granite, dont fall for the broom finish, trowell it out.
but dude, you got blonde sawmill mike up by you giving you a hand, your golden

fiber crete is marginally more, i like it... finish it right w out the fiber showing,or you will hate sweeping forever.
we had the power trowell run on it until it looked like a slab of granite, dont fall for the broom finish, trowell it out.
but dude, you got blonde sawmill mike up by you giving you a hand, your golden
Fuck that broom finish!!! Maker smooooth

Went out yesterday for some 22lr dope gathering. I was able to get solid numbers from 139-318. I was having trouble at my range by the shop, with drops not matching the programs, even though both programs were saying the same thing. With ritually calm winds, I am confident with this info and now it’s real close to matching the programs. Lapua’s App and TRASOL
A233AB7C-104A-4930-8F8C-02A1E22C8CF0.jpeg

And be REALLY careful when you step in with wet boots!

I don't know about that. I don't think it's any more slippery.
When we did our produce market, 26x80, I changed my mind at the end and went w a broom finish because of perceived liability.
Stupid.
It's hard as shit to sweep correctly and if you walk on it daily all day, you wear out the soles of your shoes.
Trowel finish for me and if there is room to run the machine, power trowel it.
20191223_101717.jpg

Tripping down memory lane again. The second reloading data book I used.View attachment 7325865
First book started in the mid 70's and is long gone. Above book ends 8/22/02 with some 22BR data. Paging through I'm reminded of all the rifles that have passed through my hands. Some good, some bad and some I kick my ass for having let go. It's also a timeline of how products and techniques have changed, at least in my world. I still remember how pissed some of were when Nosler quit making these.
View attachment 7325878
Shot a big pile of prairie rats with those in 22-250's with the then new Varget. Jeez, I'm getting old.
Been raining on and off last 5 days, 2 inches total. Farming is going to be tough around here, there's still last years corn stubble to get through and the ground is soaking wet. We need 10 days of sun, heat and wind. Never thought I'd be hoping for wind.
Used that bullet and the 52 grain hollow point that Speer made to pound them on the South side of Standing Rock around Pollock. Guys don't believe me when I tell them I could shoot 6-700 rounds a day out of a single shot Ruger #1 in 22-250. Would go through a barrel in a week back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Went out yesterday for some 22lr dope gathering. I was able to get solid numbers from 139-318. I was having trouble at my range by the shop, with drops not matching the programs, even though both programs were saying the same thing. With ritually calm winds, I am confident with this info and now it’s real close to matching the programs. Lapua’s App and TRASOL View attachment 7326824
What moa rail are you using for 300+ yards? I just put a 25moa on an Anschutz that I hope to go that far with. My scope has 65 moa adjustment in it as well. Sorry I don't do mils. Other question is; are you shooting sub sonic with the Wolf ammo?

Used that bullet and the 52 grain hollow point that Speer made to pound them on the South side of Standing Rock around Pollock. Guys don't believe me when I tell them I could shoot 6-700 rounds a day out of a single shot Ruger #1 in 22-250. Would go through a barrel in a week back in the late 80's and early 90's.

I would run the Noslers in the 250's and the 50 gr. Hornady SX in the .223's and 222 Mags. Straight power 1" 12x and 6-18x Leo's. Load them to the nuts, blaze away. Great fun.
We would shoot the S.W. counties of ND, mostly Grant and Sioux with one trip to Bowman. Did one trip to Wyoming in 2000. Smoking barrels, yup, went through a few. Hard to quit shooting when there's a mound with 6-8 dogs standing around.
Need to get another safari organized.

I would run the Noslers in the 250's and the 50 gr. Hornady SX in the .223's and 222 Mags. Straight power 1" 12x and 6-18x Leo's. Load them to the nuts, blaze away. Great fun.
We would shoot the S.W. counties of ND, mostly Grant and Sioux with one trip to Bowman. Did one trip to Wyoming in 2000. Smoking barrels, yup, went through a few. Hard to quit shooting when there's a mound with 6-8 dogs standing around.
Need to get another safari organized.
Still the most fun you can have with your clothes on IMO. Heading to Montana (south of Billings) in July for a few days of shooting with an old MC bud. Hoping to shoot a couple thousand rounds at least. I'd love to find some places in ND to shoot again. The latest barrel on that old Ruger #1 is a 22BR, and has probably only had 300 rounds down it in the last 10 years :-(

Still the most fun you can have with your clothes on IMO. Heading to Montana (south of Billings) in July for a few days of shooting with an old MC bud. Hoping to shoot a couple thousand rounds at least. I'd love to find some places in ND to shoot again. The latest barrel on that old Ruger #1 is a 22BR, and has probably only had 300 rounds down it in the last 10 years :-(

I ran a .22 Br for awhile, built on a XP action. Got over the top speed with VV54O. Same with the 22-250's, easy 100 more. Wish it wasn't so pricey.

I've got a standing invitation about 60 miles south of Mandan. That would make a good 4 day trip

Reactions: Joel Danielson
I ran a .22 Br for awhile, built on a XP action. Got over the top speed with VV54O. Same with the 22-250's, easy 100 more. Wish it wasn't so pricey.

I've got a standing invitation about 60 miles south of Mandan. That would make a good 4 day trip
that is basically standing rock isn't it?