• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

UPS amazes me. They knows people are stuck inside, so it creates the track my package view. Now I can sit and watch my stuff drive all over NC before it gets to me. View attachment 7318310
USPS is full of win for me this week. Their definition of a 'lost package' is like Clinton defining what is "is". It hit my zip code local depot 5 days ago and although they can't actually tell me where it is nor was it every marked 'out for delivery'...it's not lost!

Reactions: TACC
USPS is full of win for me this week. Their definition of a 'lost package' is like Clinton defining what is "is". It hit my zip code local depot 5 days ago and although they can't actually tell me where it is nor was it every marked 'out for delivery'...it's not lost!
I got a box full of pistons/jugs and a new cam shaft in the same place as your stuff!! Someone has it or maybe they don’t and it’s being delivered or it isn’t. Starting to sound like corona virus has taken over driving ups trucks.

I got a box full of pistons/jugs and a new cam shaft in the same place as your stuff!! Someone has it or maybe they don’t and it’s being delivered or it isn’t. Starting to sound like corona virus has taken over driving ups trucks.
U niquely
S pecial
P ackage
S orting

This is go round #3 for me this year with their clown car parade.

In the meantime I ordered a new upper from NC via UPS less than 48 hours ago and it's out for delivery. Shipping cost dif: a little over a buck more for UPS.

My “range” is pretty this time of year for about a week with trees blooming. Service Berry, Red Bud, and Apple in this picture. Oh, and an old 20” 308 😊
584B07AD-9FF3-43F1-B78A-2A35C1021E27.jpeg

Boy, I can sure see why you’d want to toss that nasty Chinese Elm into the stove and restock it 😂😉

yeah that crap stock... my buddy did put an adjustable comb on that stock.

so if anybody needs to stock you seeing that picture I probably part with it for somebody on the hide...

Funny enough he just sent pictures of the one he’s making based off of my trap gun.

97B1246B-A78E-400C-9906-8E87ED7FCA60.jpeg
1A5CB5AF-1B34-417B-8D0B-EBDA1075169D.jpeg
3ED917B9-8048-4CA1-9B4C-C637CA87F30A.jpeg

Attachments

• 4751153B-B0AC-49AA-83BE-94D5E3F73221.jpeg
    4751153B-B0AC-49AA-83BE-94D5E3F73221.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 25
That is a nice shotgun I used to shoot a lot of trap and then I got addicted to this long range and can’t afford 2 expensive hobbies 🤣

You just reproduced the same stuff you don't like?

I'm sure I missed a message while cooking. The figure is a sweet piece.

E

The issue is that I had next surgery last year and that I do a lot better with trap stock... Especially with a high rib trap barrel...

Yesterday, sunny, low 60's, enough wind to start drying roads and cropland. This morning..
20200509_120841.jpg

Wet snow on top of one of the vegetable buckets, 33°, NE wind 20 plus. Low tonight 24°.
Glad I'm not farming or calving.

That's the AI adjustable butt pad. And per Lowlights Pit thread, I flipped it upside down. Whether that actually works or my gray matter wants it work remains to be seen.

What I do know works is higher rings and the cant in the butt pad, along with sliding the cheek piece to the right. All have contributed to a more upright head position, neck and back strain have been reduced.

Getting into and shooting prone has improved. Getting this rusty old carcass out of prone? Well, that will take a remote operated crane and sling.

My oldest son wearing a jacket I was unsure of as I'm packing to move. He wanted it and it's something I haven't worn since around his age. One of those things that hangs in a closet and I move . He took some of my old army stuff too. I told him he can have whatever he wants but if he's ever getting rid of it he has to talk to me first. Just stuff with great memories.
20200510_140903.jpg

Pictures will follow when it's complete, sort of.
But I mentioned building a greenhouse to the woman. Nothing big and nothing fancy. Just a small simple greenhouse.
Boom!! Her face lit up and out came her phone and she said... This is what I want. Well shit!!?? Send me the picture and I will work on the details.
This was Wednesday last week. I spent Friday rounding up materials. Saturday morning more material and then getting started. I worked on it until about 7:30 PM. Then back at it today until it was time to take the woman to dinner for mother's day.

Pictures will follow when it's complete, sort of.
But I mentioned building a greenhouse to the woman. Nothing big and nothing fancy. Just a small simple greenhouse.
Boom!! Her face lit up and out came her phone and she said... This is what I want. Well shit!!?? Send me the picture and I will work on the details.
This was Wednesday last week. I spent Friday rounding up materials. Saturday morning more material and then getting started. I worked on it until about 7:30 PM. Then back at it today until it was time to take the woman to dinner for mother's day.

Would love to see pics when you are done. I want to do one here.

E

Well shit.

Love my mom. And my grandmas, may they rest in peace at His right hand.

All the love to all the moms out there.
Life could never be the same without you.

Kids need both parents equally.

A lot of moms pick up a lot of slack. It does not go un-noticed. Extra prayers for those who fill both roles.

I moved to NW Wisconsin last fall, and didn't have time to put the reloading room together before I left for New Zealand for the winter. Spent the last month getting the new room put together. Few tweaks left, but it is functional...

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 75
I moved to NW Wisconsin last fall, and didn't have time to put the reloading room together before I left for New Zealand for the winter. Spent the last month getting the new room put together. Few tweaks left, but it is functional...
That’s really NICE, however, your missing the best time of year in NW WI 😉

Would love to see pics when you are done. I want to do one here.

E

The start. A good spot in the backyard.
MVIMG_20200509_102627.jpg

Get a dog that likes bourbon.
MVIMG_20200509_132515.jpg

Dig holes and fill with concrete. Top with concrete blocks and build platform. Roughly 7 X 10.
MVIMG_20200509_124517.jpg

Frame up the structure. Lot's and lots of prior planning needed here. You'll understand later why.
MVIMG_20200509_174307.jpg

Ohh yeah. I forgot to mention remove some trees. One is still laying in the pasture. The cows love the green leaves.

Then a good coating of barn and fence paint.
MVIMG_20200510_195709.jpg

Half of the roof and half of the windows got installed this afternoon.
MVIMG_20200511_192204.jpg

This is where the prior planning for the framing is important.
I am using old wooden windows. They are all of different sizes and shapes. Several were trimmed to match up and give me a random look.

It's getting there.

Ohh BTW. Fuck Pinterest!!

Wife had a vision.
wants to espalier fruit trees with garden boxes between.
she gives me a picture she drew and lots of hand gestures about size, proportion.
i get to turn it into reality. And I am really rough at carpentry. Insulting to call it carpentry, really.
B066CDE1-B11C-4A7A-B9E1-51D13330E48E.jpeg
E5AF564B-F17C-45A7-A38F-5B0E35B0E54C.jpeg
0894DBF0-7C3C-405D-B15B-DFF3B996EE29.jpeg
93934745-FDF6-4972-BF2A-860878C9F431.jpeg

when they are all done, there will be 2x6 boards on the tops to sit upon to facilitate the harvesting of the strawberries, similar to the blueberry boxes of last year.
60703CEA-EA17-4771-800F-D053FC5A87B1.jpeg

Helping out at dad’s today. Mowing, trimming, etc... I noticed a calf laying in an odd position (Herdsmen 101). I kept an eye on him and mom and noticed they didn’t stay with the herd. Fast forward a couple hours, no change. I loaded him in the pickup and mom followed (she’s not happy at all with me) and put them in the Hilton (old draft horse stall) in the barn. Vet tubed him, gave him a couple shots, and he’s doing well. Sadly, we may have a bottle calf now which is a PITA. He was probably 4-6 days old and why he stopped nursing is beyond me. My back is telling me tonight that he was heavier than you’d hope and I didn’t warm up properly before the hasty ground to pickup bed snatch. It’s typically done quickly in hopes she doesn’t have time to formulate a proper attack.
AD5B30FF-CC42-4E84-BB15-A40927ED4FEB.jpeg

Mom's get pissy. Back to line crew days, one of the guys saw a calf laying in a pasture and went to see whats going on. Mom was about a block away. Make sure you are close to a fence before you walk up, they can cover ground quickly for old gals

Baby calves. That's one view I really enjoy.
Not the sick ones. But you know what I mean.
Helping out at dad’s today. Mowing, trimming, etc... I noticed a calf laying in an odd position (Herdsmen 101). I kept an eye on him and mom and noticed they didn’t stay with the herd. Fast forward a couple hours, no change. I loaded him in the pickup and mom followed (she’s not happy at all with me) and put them in the Hilton (old draft horse stall) in the barn. Vet tubed him, gave him a couple shots, and he’s doing well. Sadly, we may have a bottle calf now which is a PITA. He was probably 4-6 days old and why he stopped nursing is beyond me. My back is telling me tonight that he was heavier than you’d hope and I didn’t warm up properly before the hasty ground to pickup bed snatch. It’s typically done quickly in hopes she doesn’t have time to formulate a proper attack.
View attachment 7323812

View attachment 7323812
Redneck calf doctoring: Pour a bottle of Mtn Dew down it. :-D

Mom's get pissy. Back to line crew days, one of the guys saw a calf laying in a pasture and went to see whats going on. Mom was about a block away. Make sure you are close to a fence before you walk up, they can cover ground quickly for old gals
They can, however I don’t take offense as I realize they’re only doing what comes natural to them. With that being said, we’ve been careful about bringing in stock to our small commercial herd that has a good disposition. I’ve getting too old to put up with spicey cows. Good cows can raise nice calves too, and don’t eat any more than a renegade.

Report I got this morning from my sister and bil, was that he was doing great, sucking on mom, and returned back to the herd. Thankful. Poor picture sent to me as they checked out of the Hilton and rejoined the group.
E405E289-F797-47A9-81DA-7390A8795464.jpeg