• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

66E6C5E6-3627-42FC-8FE8-CD94BAF5656D.jpeg

Sounds about right. I have pulled rats nests out of air filter housings before and the owner didn’t even know he was WAY down on power.

20210618_062732.jpg
20210618_063215.jpg

Trying to get some pictures of deer at 700yds and 900 yds from where I was camping. Those distances seem so much further in the mountains when you're shooting across valleys. Anyone who hunts above the tree line, or can confidently hit animals at that distance across valleys (not just walking it in) has my utmost respect.

Just looking at those machined parts turns me on. Simple yet effective.
An engineer designs it, a machinist builds the fucked up first design, changes made, more fuck ups then bam. Good design. As God intended.
Made by Daisy, simple and effective for sure.

Ever watch any of the Mike Patey vids on YouTube ? I started when he was building (then crashed) "Draco" (PT-6 powered). After that, he started building "Scrappy" (present build in progress).

He's pretty much over the top with his builds, but a lot of fun to watch...

Been busy lately and haven’t posted the news from Hooterville. Most Saturday mornings the deck looks like this, with LR gun stuff spread all about. Good friends and new folks playing our game. Hot and dry here, but received just shy of an inch today. Thankful for the rain and cooler temps.
393084A0-D65E-445B-A35E-5280AA7CA177.jpeg

I’ve been getting some good feedback on this one 😂 it was not a great evening sneaking home to drop stuff off and pick some stuff up
Already listened to that one yesterday. It's a good one.

Years ago after Hurricane Katrina I went over to help muck out houses in Slidell LA. Lived in Houston at the time and had graduated high school that year. There were silt lines 5' up the wall with silt at least 1" on carpets. Cleaned all kinds of crap out. Basically everything 5' and down was trashed.

The absolutely last thing to come out was fridges and freezers. Louisiana people like to eat things that don't smell good after being submerged in salt water and left to cook for at least 3 weeks in hot humidity. There were multiple people in our crew that threw up. One person was even dumb enough to open the doors. They were duck taped up and taken out by those with the strongest stomachs.

I think I've got some pics from back then at home on the computer.

Reactions: Geno C.
Already listened to that one yesterday. It's a good one.

Years ago after Hurricane Katrina I went over to help muck out houses in Slidell LA. Lived in Houston at the time and had graduated high school that year. There were silt lines 5' up the wall with silt at least 1" on carpets. Cleaned all kinds of crap out. Basically everything 5' and down was trashed.

The absolutely last thing to come out was fridges and freezers. Louisiana people like to eat things that don't smell good after being submerged in salt water and left to cook for at least 3 weeks in hot humidity. There were multiple people in our crew that threw up. One person was even dumb enough to open the doors. They were duck taped up and taken out by those with the strongest stomachs.

I think I've got some pics from back then at home on the computer.
This was where the rug in front of the upright freezer was...
60303DD5-85CC-42E0-8A5C-7758A61B1414.jpeg

Oh and my farther in law called me at work this week.
Him:What ammo are you looking for?

Me: 243 and6.5 creed ( I don’t have a rifle in those lol)
Him : they have 1 box 243 and 3 boxes of 6.5 creed. $21 and $22 a box
Me : I’ll take all 3 boxes of 6.5

today I put a bid on a tikka veil

wife asked why I’m not getting 243 we talked about.
I said I have ammo for a 6.5 so I have to get a 6.5 now instead.
she rolled her eyes

Youngest had basketball practice last night.
Of course the coaches schedule it to start at 5:30 so it always interrupts dinner.
Well, not tonight.
Had Mahi, yellow rice and asparagus and a bottle of Buckshack Cab to wash it down.
Please excuse the shitty wine glass, we bought them because they survive being moved around. What they do best is cover up the taste of the wine.

20210627_180845.jpg

We thought about taking our picnic inside, but prefer our own company...

Finally, finally got a boat in the waterView attachment 7651434

Those are great fun.

My son and I rented a sunfish down in Pleasant Bay, Cape Cod.

Didn't know what the hell I was doing but made it out and back. Couple tips but physics told me lean on the center board and all will be well.

Only down side is during the entire ride I was thinking this....

65mph and awful thud from the front end. Immediately got caution and then shut down lights. Found most of the fan where the crank pulley came loose and tore it apart.

Attachments

• 48382778-8762-48E2-BAF4-9BE2959063E3.jpeg
    48382778-8762-48E2-BAF4-9BE2959063E3.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 4C395B39-CB8E-4738-B2B3-B7145DC5CCE2.jpeg
    4C395B39-CB8E-4738-B2B3-B7145DC5CCE2.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 94
How are the crank bolt holes?
A few of the holes in the pulley were oblong. Haven’t looked at the front of the motor yet, honestly I probably won’t get time or chance to. Pulley, fan, and belt are toast for sure. Have to wait and see what else got messed up. Truck was fairly new, only 103k miles.

65mph and awful thud from the front end. Immediately got caution and then shut down lights. Found most of the fan where the crank pulley came loose and tore it apart.
Man I have worked on a metric shit ton of Cummins motors and never seen a dampener come off. Seen lots of fan hub failures.

Man I have worked on a metric shit ton of Cummins motors and never seen a dampener come off. Seen lots of fan hub failures.
Your the fourth of fifth person with the same statement. The fleet mechanic was like, are you sure that’s what it was?