• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Today was spent building the doors for the pole barn. Tomorrow, with some help, should get them hung and rolling. As I was picking up today, the young man who lives there showed up with a gift.
20210607_164109.jpg

Fresh eggs, laid this morning. Omelets at my house!
Weather much gooder today, barely made 90. Last weeks high, 103.1.
That's today's weather and poultry report.

Today was spent building the doors for the pole barn. Tomorrow, with some help, should get them hung and rolling. As I was picking up today, the young man who lives there showed up with a gift.
View attachment 7642445
Fresh eggs, laid this morning. Omelets at my house!
Weather much gooder today, barely made 90. Last weeks high, 103.1.
That's today's weather and poultry report.
Iffin you was closer, I’d share plenty of eggs with you. We get way more than can eat so give a bunch away on a regular basis
CD5A19E6-F0B7-42E8-A41A-949F4B888D61.jpeg

It is a dry heat. We should see 123 come summer. I'm thankful that I don't live in Phoenix. I used to live in bullhead AZ, the hottest there was 152. I went into the riverside resort and got drunk.

Sheeesh! Life getting in the way of getting the transplant done. Friggin transmission is being difficult. I can't get the torque converter to seat. But on the bright side. The serpentine belt drive system is in and the exhaust manifolds are looking killer.
PXL_20210613_031814981.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210613_031814981.jpg
    PXL_20210613_031814981.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20210613_031837720.jpg
    PXL_20210613_031837720.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 58
The raccoon climbed up on the side of the garbage can. Against my better judgment, I squared up and tee d off. Nice 300yd drive narrowly missing #1 the racoon’s left shoulder, the ball ricocheted nearly straight up and outta sight before narrowly missing #2 a granny about 30yds behind me. I quickly stole my kids ball and had him retrieve mine.

• Haha
Reactions: Thorny
Details please.
Hugs for the Tank.
And little man Gus too.

Friggin kids. So amazing and awesome.
Sorry, I missed this. Hank has failed every hearing test in his left ear since birth. About 99% lack of hearing. He finally got a hearing aid. Things went well for the first week or so but now he pulls it out as soon as you turn it on. Will probably try again when he's a bit older.

Last Friday around 4am the whole state got watered, border to border in all 4 directions. My backyard received 1.2". In addition to the rain we also had winds that clocked as high as 85 mph. Some suspect there may have been short periods of rotation, but nobody can explain how a roof imploded rather than get blown off.
20210613_182653.jpg

That's one of several rafters that fell in. I'm thinking the roof got momentarily lifted up then pushed back down hard and fast. Lack of metal hurricane clips? Facing east, north roof is mostly in the shop. I'll let the insurance company figger it out. Amazingly very little tree damage.
My raised garden spuds sure popped with the rain
20210611_195230.jpg

City water keeps them going, natural rain makes them smile.
That's today's Upper Dakota report.

Last Friday around 4am the whole state got watered, border to border in all 4 directions. My backyard received 1.2". In addition to the rain we also had winds that clocked as high as 85 mph. Some suspect there may have been short periods of rotation, but nobody can explain how a roof imploded rather than get blown off.
View attachment 7646655
That's one of several rafters that fell in. I'm thinking the roof got momentarily lifted up then pushed back down hard and fast. Lack of metal hurricane clips? Facing east, north roof is mostly in the shop. I'll let the insurance company figger it out. Amazingly very little tree damage.
My raised garden spuds sure popped with the rain
View attachment 7646668
City water keeps them going, natural rain makes them smile.
That's today's Upper Dakota report.

Microburst.

Im told the science of it is a "column" of dense air builds up to immense height than suddenly collapses.

All that pressure drops straight down and crushes a relatively limited area creating destruction.

Weather like that is rare in the northeast but happens once in a while.

Few years ago my town was hit by a microburst and it devastated an area about 2/10 mile square and left everything outside the zone untouched.