• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Old shoulders tip.
I wear bib overalls, insulated and not, a good portion of the year. I few years ago I started noticing the straps were not as easy to grasp as they had been in my youthful past. Specifically, the left strap getting more difficult to grab and swing. My KISS solution...
20211207_163603.jpg

A length of paracord looped in the left strap made life a lot easier.
That's my tip of the day. Please pass the Tylenol and the Icy Hot...

We had one of the propane( sorry Larry) torches at my first job. Someone might have found out how to make it have about a 5-7 foot flame.... it got taken away when one of the older ladies lit 🔥 the railroad ties on fire 🔥 I was the one stuck with the hose on fire 🔥 watch the rest of the day.... just 8 hours had to skip my lunch.... shoveling rock was a better way to pass the day...

I used to tour around on a pair of old Atomic skis with old school Silvretta bindings

Never on a goat hunt, but touring and sometimes rabbit hunting.
Also used these for snow approaches to alpine climbs and to get to remote waterfalls in the winter to see just how much stupid shit I could do in one day and survive!

Cool part was, they were able to be used with any boot that accepted step in crampons.
From AT ski boots, plastic double boots, La Sportiva Nepal, and La Sportiva Makalu. All worked.

In a pair of light mountaineering boots like the Makalu, your non ski travel in steep country is still good. Any downhill is shot, but traversing or going down with skins still on the skis helps and ton. just know how to ski well and you will be fine.

A LW foam core ski was key, as then there wasnt much weight to tote when you have to walk much.

Also, @pmclaine - you know what Randonee is french for? Cant telemark!

And telemark is Norwegian for "slow hippy!"

I have done both a lot. Only slow on teles if you are a pussy!

Learned to ski the govts dime in Switzerland/France.

I like the idea of randonee/telemark but has to be something I could do with the family while they are using standard downhill gear.

Been year since since we skied. kids took out wife's knee getting off a lift.

Work used to have two passes to great local mountain always available........a perk I will miss.

Chamonix 1988

PB077700.JPG

Last edited:
Old shoulders tip.
I wear bib overalls, insulated and not, a good portion of the year. I few years ago I started noticing the straps were not as easy to grasp as they had been in my youthful past. Specifically, the left strap getting more difficult to grab and swing. My KISS solution...
View attachment 7755996
A length of paracord looped in the left strap made life a lot easier.
That's my tip of the day. Please pass the Tylenol and the Icy Hot...
Wife wants to know where you got the pink paracord.

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
Well, my sadistic shooting buddy thinks we need more of a “challenge” at the 655 yard array, like a sub MOA 6” plate wasn’t bad enough. So, he orders up a 4” plate along with a 4” diamond, etc... This will get interesting for sure. Bring your flat shootin’, wind cheating, low SD caliber ammo of choice. We’re froze down about 2” already so I figured I better get it set before the real winter gets here. I present to you the ammo eater. Guaranteed to warm the press rams in a 3 county radius of Hooterville...
A3A469B5-2037-457D-A189-A849F8F4E755.jpeg

You probably rack up more miles in a year than I do. You’re a patient man and I hope you’re paid handsomely.
Unfortunately yes, I tell my boss I need paid more but then he gets shitty with me so I have a drink and refuse to work anymore then I get fired and I have to hire myself back and apologize to me and myself..

Last Friday was redeye from ONT to ATL to CVG for early am MRI then Sunday back to Ontario CA instead of Canada where I was supposed to go but project problems so instead I got to go back to CA and now redeye ONT to Seattle to CVG for next 940 am Dr appt. Then pick up my joint custody fur babies and enjoy 2 nights then fly out on Sunday.

I actually like my job ( don't tell anyone ) I kept it a secret. The travel takes a toll.

Reactions: 1J04 and tnichols
View attachment 7758274
Test run in car seat for 1.5 hours watching breathing and heart rate.
Prayers please tomorrow morning if he has gained 20grams since this morning he can go home!!!
Today is day 67 ...

ABSOLUTE best to all of you Bryan! There's something good waiting for ALL of you at the end of the rainbow.

I seen it! 💪

Great Pic BTW!🥰

20211209_141842.jpg

Trimming dog nails last night. GP happend to move just right and I got into the quick. Luckily she didn't freak out from the nip. But when I went to grab quick clot she started walking amd when she sniffed her blood on the floor she got anxious. Then the old dog did also... so I had to almost wrestle the 140lb pup who wouldn't roll so I could dr her toe... I felt horrible. I have never nipped one in the past. Amd now the rug looks like a murder scene.
20211212_091153.jpg

Reactions: powdahound76
Trimming dog nails last night. GP happend to move just right and I got into the quick. Luckily she didn't freak out from the nip. But when I went to grab quick clot she started walking amd when she sniffed her blood on the floor she got anxious. Then the old dog did also... so I had to almost wrestle the 140lb pup who wouldn't roll so I could dr her toe... I felt horrible. I have never nipped one in the past. Amd now the rug looks like a murder scene.

View attachment 7759289
Try using a dremmel. Works really well.

Reactions: 1moaoff
Thank you! Its original, it was my wife's great grandad's 30 caliber Hog rifle down on the farm in Kentucky. It was used for everything from Hogs to hunting and wore it out. So in the 60's they had it bored to 36 caliber. The possible bag on the right has the molds and powder horn all made on the farm.

Last edited:
Took it out this morning and stretched to 500y, 600 just proved to much to spot misses on my own though. The wind was shitty as well, but made some good fun. Was holding a full target width left for impacts at 500. Officially at 220 rounds on the tube, should be nice and settled in by now.
60800B3E-CEC9-45D8-8526-B975F96CCC6B.jpeg
ACCF0AA5-B2A8-4541-BA94-F5488CF5FB35.jpeg

Is that TV mounted in a hallway? Does it swing back against the wall when not in use? Just curious. You have a nice home.

It's mounted in a space between wall and chimney that passes through to the dining room.

We can swing it to face the dining room if there is ever need to watch TV over there....kids do it sometimes.

Thanks for the compliment.......I will pass it on to the wife that makes it happen.

Reactions: tnichols