• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

It is, but the four wheel suspension on the Ferris is pretty sweet!

Some of mine is pretty rough too. I set a new record about a week ago and mowed about three acres in 45 minutes.

aIY2qN3.jpg

Last edited:
It is, but the four wheel suspension on the Ferris is pretty sweet!

Some of mine is pretty rough too. I set a new record about a week ago and mowed about three acres in 45 minutes.

aIY2qN3.jpg

That is bustin ass on a lawn mower.
I had some help that would take that long with a 15' batwing.

R

That's not average by any means. I had just mowed it 4 days prior, but there was a bunch of rain forecast for the next two days and some of it was getting shaggy. I knew if the rain came it would be a nightmare by the time I got back on it. I have also been raising the height a quarter inch with each mowing as we transition to hotter and drier months ahead.

Damn did ferris steal the suspension off a Ford Raptor, that thing is damn nice.

On the non-suspension zero-turns, it helps to let some air out of the tires and run them a little low on pressure.

Snow finally coming off and a fella can start getting around a little. With being laid up after knee surgery I had cabin fever real bad.

Last edited:
Snow finally coming off and a fella can start getting around a little. With being laid up after knee surgery I had cabin fever real bad.

Damn nice set up right there. Hope your recovery is going well, obviously looks like it, and you have no ill after effects.

Damn nice set up right there. Hope your recovery is going well, obviously looks like it, and you have no ill after effects.
Thanks man! I kinda jumped the gun and went for a "little walk" about 3 weeks after surgery. Big mistake. Doc said it set me back about 2 weeks. I'm real careful now. Amazing how bad my knee hurt and I just got used to it. After surgery the pain was completely gone and I was ready to go or so I thought.

Thanks man! I kinda jumped the gun and went for a "little walk" about 3 weeks after surgery. Big mistake. Doc said it set me back about 2 weeks. I'm real careful now. Amazing how bad my knee hurt and I just got used to it. After surgery the pain was completely gone and I was ready to go or so I thought.

I literally feel your pain. Been given some solid advice on my deal from some great guys here so I'll just give ya a quick repeat. DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD. I know it ain't easy and it just drives you nuts to feel so damn helpless, bored, and Cabin fever sets in. But take it slow. It'll pay off in the long run. Again, best to ya.

4-5 inches of rain forecast this weekend. I am forever grateful that I have flexibility in my work schedule so that I can take a half day at any time and get on that Ferris.
Three hours yesterday. It was already tall and THICK, and I knew I needed to get it knocked down before the rains this weekend. I may even hit it again tomorrow or Saturday before Sunday's deluge.

xy6GGiA.jpg

4-5 inches of rain forecast this weekend. I am forever grateful that I have flexibility in my work schedule so that I can take a half day at any time and get on that Ferris.
Three hours yesterday. It was already tall and THICK, and I knew I needed to get it knocked down before the rains this weekend. I may even hit it again tomorrow or Saturday before Sunday's deluge.

xy6GGiA.jpg

You better tidy up that pasture sport. Or incorporate livestock. Either way, stop malingering.:rolleyes:

After stinking up the place with a horrible performance in the "Rimfire Tard Challenge" over in the Pit, I headed for the timber to finish working up a large oak butt log. This pic was a challenge as I tried to get it taken while the chips were flying. My view this afternoon...

IMG_3473.JPG

After stinking up the place with a horrible performance in the "Rimfire Tard Challenge" in the Bear Pit, I headed for the timber to finish working up the rest of a large oak butt log. The second challenge of the day was getting the pic taken while the chips were flying. My view this afternoon... IMG_3473.JPG

I think the idea is to make a nice even cut when you fell it, but whatever it takes. :)

066, 660?

It's a good saw. They really have a nice exhaust note when they're working hard (I plug and muff).

Always wanted a 660 to complete my fleet. A ported 660 with a 32" Sugihara bar...yum.

So, I'm grilling this evening, and noticed 2 Starlings setting their wings to enter the barn eve. I hate Starlings... IMG_3481.JPG

So, after the first receives a WME 40 grain solid to the noggin, the second shows up to check her out...poor decision.

IMG_3483.JPG

i used to be a rock nazi...
years ago i put 52 limestone on the roads through our place, i was nuts with it...
you do something to fuck up the rocks and i was on ya like stink on shit, oh man, some of the things that will flip us out...
one of my friends did a small burn out in my rocks and i swear i held it against him for a bit...
i laugh now, not hard, but i laugh now...

but good shooting on the birds...

I watched that for the umpteenth time again Sunday.

"Then one day, just like that it quit raining, and the sun came out." What happened next was much worse than the rain, though.

Little brother to both, 441.

That's about the perfect size saw probably 85% of the time. I've used an 044 magnum and an 046 a good bit. I believe those are about the same size as yours.

I was in the saw shop a couple months ago picking up oil and files and ending up getting a little sthil for cheap. It's got an engine about the same size as my little climbing saw, but has a 16" bar and handle on the back like a regular saw. Earlier that day I was trimming the top on a blown over pecan using a 365 husqvarna (that's probably about one size smaller than your 441) up at head level and higher. My sore arms made it an easy sell.

This is probably our last good soaking before the hot and dry take over. 90 this weekend with plenty of relentless sunshine.
We'll be praying for days like this in a month or two.