• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Mike,
Went out yesterday and played with goliath grouper.
6 drops, 5 hookups.
The first four I couldn't get away from the structure.
on the last one it gulped the bait down and headed away. At 100yds away, I thought it was just a 100 pounder.
Then, it figured out it was hooked and made one head turn and a tail kick that almost pulled me out of the boat.
The drag on the reel was pretty tight, but not locked. That big bastard made a bee line back the way it came and stripped the reel Into the backing where it popped off like a gun shot.
I had all of my weight against it and hit the deck when it popped.
Jim said it was pulling way harder than his 400lb from last Friday.
Score card:
Fish - 5
Mike - big fat zero...
To quote Arnold, "I'll be back!"

photo55829.jpg We had caught a big net full of greenies off of a tripod to use for snook and reds. Jim's control cable on his trolling motor broke so we power poled down here and there to fish. It was tough because we had to use a 250hp HO Yamaha to move from spot to spot.
Said screw that, let's play with the big boys.
Pic is a crop of pelicans 30 or so That hang around looking for a handout.
Must be democrats..

Attachments

• attach6397690.jpg
    attach6397690.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 30
photo55842.jpg Oh, Mike,
since we're trying to get you out on the water, here's a pic of the Hewes.
17'3" of shallow water, tunnel hulled awesomeness.
Just say when...

My view from Saturday.
My daughter's high school gymnastics team won State Championship in Gymnastics on Saturday.

Attachments

• photo55843.jpg
    photo55843.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 27
mike, thats awesome, i'm splitting firewood today, can you immagine...
the water is calling stupid fucking hard with all your cool pics...

photo55881.jpg
mike, thats awesome, i'm splitting firewood today, can you immagine...
the water is calling stupid fucking hard with all your cool pics...

Well, I guess one more won't hurt then.
Stepping up from 150 to 200lb test.
The line, a half dozen hooks and sinkers used up a $100 bill.
Oh well, the bait is pretty much free

My view from Saturday.
My daughter's high school gymnastics team won State Championship in Gymnastics on Saturday.

Congrats to them! And to you as well. The parents are just as vested as the kids. Perhaps more so.

i tell ya, you would be surprised as i was and am about firewood sales. regardless of the food related establishments, you have folks at home with pizza ovens, smokers and plain and simple fire pits...
we process firewood all year long, it treats us well enough that i am going to build a kiln so i can sell the wood in the miami area...
when i figure out the pictures i'll post up...nothing special in equiptment really, just take it serious and whamo, you have a pile which will have folks saying, holy shit,
and here, basically, firewood is 75 cents a piece

i tell ya, you would be surprised as i was and am about firewood sales. regardless of the food related establishments, you have folks at home with pizza ovens, smokers and plain and simple fire pits...
we process firewood all year long, it treats us well enough that i am going to build a kiln so i can sell the wood in the miami area...
when i figure out the pictures i'll post up...nothing special in equiptment really, just take it serious and whamo, you have a pile which will have folks saying, holy shit,
and here, basically, firewood is 75 cents a piece

I'll be damned, good for you! Selling firewood in the Sunshine State and making money! Who'd a thunk? Just curious, what species primarily?

We're burning tonight because it's 43 degrees, windy, and raining sideways! 1J04 needs to come get this weather and take it back out to the PNW :)

My view from Saturday.

That is one heck of an accomplishment. Congratulations to those young ladies for an experience that can never be taken away and will be remembered for LIFE. Outstanding.

I'll be damned, good for you! Selling firewood in the Sunshine State and making money! Who'd a thunk? Just curious, what species primarily?

We're burning tonight because it's 43 degrees, windy, and raining sideways! 1J04 needs to come get this weather and take it back out to the PNW :)

Brother we ain't got no room for no mo uh dat shit. I'm serious. It will not frigging stop. You guys keep cranking out the wood. Great work out and we sell a bit too for some powder n bullets, I mean bills n shit like that. :p Right now I'm just a spectator and beer boy. I'm good with that for a bit..........

oak, laurel and live oak...further north in the state you start to find pecan and hickory
and thats a pretty picture...
sawmill is next, it kills me to see some of these logs cut into firewood...

oak, laurel and live oak...further north in the state you start to find pecan and hickory
and thats a pretty picture...
sawmill is next, it kills me to see some of these logs cut into firewood...

Very interesting. I've cut up some pretty nice stuff that went into firewood, but it's always just a single or two a year. Mills here typically won't buy from an individual, plus, I don't have the equipment to load and haul a 12'+ butt log 30"+ diameter. Post or send me pics of your operation sometime.

Mrs. T was cooking supper and I was in the other room. She said, "You may want to get your camera, because I think they're about to get kinky out there.

The bearded hens have been around here for years. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qo-GHmVHR_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is a building somewhere around here....

Oh the sun came out

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1493733707.1381.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1493733707.1381.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1493733707.29.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1493733707.29.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 25
Mrs. T was cooking supper and I was in the other room. She said, "You may want to get your camera, because I think they're about to get kinky out there.

The bearded hens have been around here for years. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qo-GHmVHR_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stuffed Turkey. Noice. :cool:

Needed a little sound track.
Billy Preston: Me and Mrs Jones...

R

Up in Missoula for a couple days setting anchors for a semi permanant stage. Going to bit the Clark Fork river and see what I get into. There are some monsters in the river here and Yellowstone Cutthroat are the best tasting trout ever. Beautiful country up here.

Attachments

• tmp_13626-20170502_144507728087189_zpshalrqjkq.jpg
    tmp_13626-20170502_144507728087189_zpshalrqjkq.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 24
After 4 days of rain and low weather, a sunset...finally!

Whoop there it is!!! Congratulations Brother T. Lucky son of a gun or two. I knew that bright orb still existed. Can I interest you in some liquid sunshine? You're looking parched already. :cool:

DaveinCO, Beautiful shot. Never made the trip and have heard those trout ARE amazing. Envy your way Brother. Enjoy. ;)

Got a couple better shots. They still don't do it justice but here you go. tmp_3018-20170502_1931102011865418_zpssed6cblt.jpg
This is Browns lake. The Clark Fork is really dirty and tough to fish right now so i went here first. The mountains in the background and rolling green hills are incredible.

tmp_3018-20170502_204816_0011558442325_zpsyr5bghe4.jpg This is the sunset over the Bitterroot river where I ended up later.
No trout today just some whitefish, but a bad day of fishin...

"Tuesday's Gone" - A nice sunset while wetting a line in the front yard yesterday.

jiSUGNa.jpg

"FABULOUS" comes to mind, but so does "EXQUISITE" !!!! Hell, even "SPECTACULAR". :p

Ok, back to my Reader's Digest to enrich my word power a li'l bit more. Just an awesome shot Tucker. Thanks for the new background on the PC.

When the rain tails off, remember; this strange bright object we see in the sky is called The Sun. Do not stare directly at it. Do not go about directly beneath it for long periods without some form of headgear.

...And above all, do not worship it...

I wanted to shoot R's Tard Challenge this morning, but, the truck arrived with 10 ton of gravel to spread. Kids had an early out, so I had to hustle. Gotta' earn my keep around here...

IMG_3537.JPG

Had a little free time before my son's ball game tonight, so I asked him if he wanted to do the "yard challenge", this involves him using the range card, running the ballistic calc, dialing his come ups, etc... I have small 22 rimfire steel all around the yard, furthest is 134 yards. He did fine. For the record he asked if he needed to put on his shoes, and I said no because you never leave the deck. Not many people shoot in socks :). He's 12 but quite small for his age.

IMG_3541.JPG

Had a little free time before my son's ball game tonight, so I asked him if he wanted to do the "yard challenge", this involves him using the range card, running the ballistic calc, dialing his come ups, etc... I have small 22 rimfire steel all around the yard, furthest is 134 yards. He did fine. For the record he asked if he needed to put on his shoes, and I said no because you never leave the deck. Not many people shoot in socks :). He's 12 but quite small for his age.

Just awesome. Brings back some great memories with my boys. So many times I'd hear "I can shoot that" regarding the different calibers thru Magnums. Are you sure? Ya, can I? Have at it. Bad idea. They cost me a fortune in ammo alone. ;)
Great job "T". Love the fact you're raising another shooter.

I wanted to shoot R's Tard Challenge this morning, but, the truck arrived with 10 ton of gravel to spread. Kids had an early out, so I had to hustle. Gotta' earn my keep around here...

Good looking place. I suspect it's the same situation as mine. I tell people my wife sleeps with the groundskeeper. :cool:

Good looking place. I suspect it's the same situation as mine. I tell people my wife sleeps with the groundskeeper. :cool:

Thanks. When making introductions as a couple, I introduce myself as pool boy, groundskeeper, general contractor, etc...

i have a 13 year old son who eats through the 22 ammo as well, nothing like shooting with our kids...
the ole gravel drive, well, i suspect a gravel nazi...
beautiful home...

I claim to be my wife's trophy husband.

You guys shooting off your back porches make me reevaluate my decisions in life. Well done. I have a lot here that, from the looks of it, would be perfect, and perfectly safe to shoot on. But it would never be legal here in a thousand lifetimes. All I can do is dream. Sigh.

You're cheating...
Need these:
[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for wheelbarrow shovel","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/previews.123rf.com\/images\/zerbor\/zerbor1306\/zerbor130600059\/20244078-Wheelbarrow-with-shovel-and-rake-Stock-Photo.jpg"}[/IMG2]

R

i have a 13 year old son who eats through the 22 ammo as well, nothing like shooting with our kids...
the ole gravel drive, well, i suspect a gravel nazi...
beautiful home...

Kids can put a dent in 22 stockpiles quick, and WME is 18 cents per these days! Good investment though the way I see it.

Im not a certifiable gravel nazi, but close ;)

Thanks for the compliment. The house/property is a constant work in progress.

You're cheating...
Need these: [IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for wheelbarrow shovel","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/previews.123rf.com\/images\/zerbor\/zerbor1306\/zerbor130600059\/20244078-Wheelbarrow-with-shovel-and-rake-Stock-Photo.jpg"}[/IMG2]

R

Sad to say, I've done it that way years ago. It's a ball buster!

I bet you keep a perfectly edged line where the gravel meets the grass and you cringe a little if someone steps on it, rather than over it, when they walk from driveway to yard.

I bet you keep a perfectly edged line where the gravel meets the grass and you cringe a little if someone steps on it, rather than over it, when they walk from driveway to yard.

Nah, I'm not that fussy, life's too short.