• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

D6DFE36E-5A61-4D5D-9E00-228786670C7B.jpeg

Visited the Dignity sculpture in Chamberlain SD today.

Wow, remember the picture above when that turkey came over to visit on my deck? Well now I see why he has no fear!
After the rain stopped the turkey and I were walking out to the shooting range when a young buck confronted the turkey and I witnessed the most amazing fight I've ever seen: :eek:

Turkey vs Deer Kung-Foo Style

A cocky young deer walked up and challenged the turkey to a fight
IMG_4928-L.jpg

The turkey accepts and they faceoff
IMG_4947-L.jpg

The deer throws a Cobra Kai kick
IMG_4946-L.jpg

But the turkey counters with the deadly Karate Kid Crane Kick
IMG_4929-L.jpg

The deer is startled and circles around for another attach
IMG_4930-L.jpg

The deer recovers from his mistake but as he moves in, the turkey flashes the Five Feathered Wing of death punch
IMG_4931-L.jpg

The terrified and frustrated deer realizes he has narrowly escaped death
IMG_4932-L.jpg

Knowing he has confronted a Master and cannot win, he concedes the fight
IMG_4942-L.jpg

He respectfully bows to the master as he struts away
IMG_4933-L.jpg

Man, It just keeps getting stranger and stranger around here.......🤣

Last edited:
This mornings view was much better. Took a new turkey hunter out and spoiled / ruined him by making it look easy. Bird was gobbling on the roost about 75yds away. I gave about 4 yelps and he flew down and came right to us. Hunt lasted less than a half hour.

32yPeS.jpg

I do believe I’ve got him hooked……😁

Can always regift it. Had a customer that would always give me a bottle of Jim Beam every year for Christmas. I can't drink that crap. My sub probably has a cabinet full of it.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Wasn’t exactly happy with my view this morning. Went out to the farm to prep the tractor for mowing and found that the groundhogs have invaded.
YJpoD1.jpg

Damned things excavated out under the rack of wood pellets. Once I moved the tractor I found this hole.
sjneeh.jpg

How’d you like to find that bastard walking through in the dark…..🤬

What I need is a solution to drive them from the building. Is there some sure way to repel them while we’re not there?

I did employ the best method for removal on one of them this morning. Caught this female munching on the alfalfa.
rOMXlZ.jpg

A subsonic 150gr Golddot did the trick….
Look up the "Rodenator". Maybe not so much in the barn...lol....but in the field, it's awesome. An afternoon with a few beers and great entertainment!!

20220507_145039.jpg
Went on a trip up to Twin Falls over the weekend. In Laws are moving to Jerome from Richland WA (FIL is from Pocatello and MIL is from Malad originally). First time not just passing through that area. Also spent a few days around Buhl seeing the sights and glamping at Miracle Hot Springs. It's where Mrs. Lefty (who is right handed) wanted to stay for our late anniversary trip. Other pics are on our DSLR.

20220509_150011.jpg

End of Box Canyon at the Snake River

Came home yesterday to a bad smell. Finally found it today.
20220512_170026.jpg

Left on the stove with a lid on it. Uncooked. In the house. From Friday to Thursday. Almost threw up.

View attachment 7868524Went on a trip up to Twin Falls over the weekend. In Laws are moving to Jerome from Richland WA (FIL is from Pocatello and MIL is from Malad originally). First time not just passing through that area. Also spent a few days around Buhl seeing the sights and glamping at Miracle Hot Springs. It's where Mrs. Lefty (who is right handed) wanted to stay for our late anniversary trip. Other pics are on our DSLR.

View attachment 7868525

View attachment 7868526
Left on the stove with a lid on it. Uncooked. In the house. From Friday to Thursday. Almost threw up.
Great views. I bet that was rank. Catfish bait?

My ex MIL did that once, with chicken on a pan, but in the oven.

Fortunately during warmer weather and could open the house up.

Nasty stink.

@tnichols my experience was worse than shad by memory, but havent used that for catfish in 20 yrs.
Rotting chicken is supposedly good for gator bait.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Ty yesterday with his gasser at 655. A good distraction as State track starts this coming Thursday.
PS
I know his position (especially his left foot) is a little wonky, however, he was holding the waterline fairly well and enjoying himself, so I let it slide.
1572F0A5-0B6D-41FD-AC5A-1EC2CAF1E0AB.jpeg

View attachment 7864792
Visited the Dignity sculpture in Chamberlain SD today.
Ty yesterday with his gasser at 655. A good distraction as State track starts this coming Thursday.
PS
I know his position (especially his left foot) is a little wonky, however, he was holding the waterline fairly well and enjoying himself, so I let it slide.
View attachment 7870564
I shoot off the top of a dam grade, with a two track road. I’d kill to get into that position.

Reactions: tnichols
View attachment 7868524Went on a trip up to Twin Falls over the weekend. In Laws are moving to Jerome from Richland WA (FIL is from Pocatello and MIL is from Malad originally). First time not just passing through that area. Also spent a few days around Buhl seeing the sights and glamping at Miracle Hot Springs. It's where Mrs. Lefty (who is right handed) wanted to stay for our late anniversary trip. Other pics are on our DSLR.

View attachment 7868525

View attachment 7868526
Did you see any base jumpers jumping off the bridge?

That pic of box canyon doesn't do it justice at all.

Did you see any base jumpers jumping off the bridge?

That pic of box canyon doesn't do it justice at all.
No. Weren't there at the right times for that. Right after on that Saturday. The guys were trying to drum up business.

I wanted to hike down into Box Canyon but the wife said no. She didn't want to go that far.

That is a beautiful vehicle and a great find
However as a building contractor I can assure you that that shed wasn’t built in the late seventies

Reactions: oneshot86
That is a beautiful vehicle and a great find
However as a building contractor I can assure you that that shed wasn’t built in the late seventies
Just going off what the owner's daughters guessed from their memories of riding in it and last tag is a '78. Certainly could have been moved from somewhere else. At least it wasn't left sitting in the woods with a tree growing up through it!