• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

image.jpg

image.jpg

Been super busy with my dad’s “move”, taking care of multiple properties now, handling selling cars, airplanes, etc... Made time this afternoon to send 4 Dumbos (175 SMK’s) at 740 yards. With 3.25” of rain overnight and 98% humidity (optics don’t like that even a little), I stumbled on to steel with the the 20” 308.
1F4C076A-6EC0-40E3-A131-5E31597E32D0.jpeg

@pmclaine

Wimmerns!!
They always do this.

Recently took an 8 day trip.
Including rain gear it ALL fit in an 1800 cu in ruck, including 2 books and snacks for travel (Im too cheap to pay for airport food).
And I still had a little room.

Bring wimmerns you have a lotta stuff.
Also a good smelling and good looking built in sammich maker and “activity partner” instead of a sock and stinky farts.

Reactions: canman
Please say you went for a ride in it
I’ve been in one before.

My wife and I took a spin in the Waco (there are two) that fly out of Katama Airfield on Martha’s Vineyard.

Katama is a grass field so it added to the nostalgia.

Love the sound of the rotary even if it’s only a little 300HP not an R2200 Wasp.

I’ve been in one before.

My wife and I took a spin in the Waco (there are two) that fly out of Katama Airfield on Martha’s Vineyard.

Katama is a grass field so it added to the nostalgia.

Love the sound of the rotary even if it’s only a little 300HP not an R2200 Wasp.
Radial?

My friend has one on his airboat and man does that burnt av gas give me a woody.

It’s a active military base so there is SOP that must be complied with….at least two DOD certified RSOs (we had five on the line today, including me) so everybody, including the RSOs, can shoot. There is a dedicated medic/EMT on duty to respond to emergencies on the range.

After you become a member you need to have a DBIDS card issued by visitor control (background check, etc) to come aboard the base and then all you need to do check the calendar for range availability, show up on time to set targets, sign in and listen to the saftey brief by the OIC.

I’ve been a QSC member and been on Range 4 (pictured above) most weekends since 2005.

More info here:

Pretty much this. QSC puts on lots of matches/month too. I'm headed over for a gas gun PRS match at the end of the month. Skipping a Fairfax Rod and Gun club 2-gun match to shoot the gas gun match.

If y'all had MARS matches over the summer, I'd be there more often this month. Need a match director? I've got the time....

M

It’s a active military base so there is SOP that must be complied with….at least two DOD certified RSOs (we had five on the line today, including me) so everybody, including the RSOs, can shoot. There is a dedicated medic/EMT on duty to respond to emergencies on the range.

After you become a member you need to have a DBIDS card issued by visitor control (background check, etc) to come aboard the base and then all you need to do check the calendar for range availability, show up on time to set targets, sign in and listen to the saftey brief by the OIC.

I’ve been a QSC member and been on Range 4 (pictured above) most weekends since 2005.

More info here:

I haven't shot there in years but I do have fond memories of shooting there. I'm training a junior now, my neighbors son. He's got potential. Shoots 4H and shoots with his Grandfather every weekend. He shot the High Power Clinic we ran last month and he is stoked to shoot a real deal match. He is a good iron sight shooter so I'm going to have him shoot my match rifles one scoped and one iron on an off until he's ready to try a Leg Match, then scope from then on. Maybe I'll let him shoot the M1A once over the winter. See what is was like when Men shot High Powder:) I took a bunch of S--t when I said I'm not getting him a coat until he as least classified. My thinking is he should build a good position and the coat will improve it. The little bit of red marks will go away...It's a 5.56! Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I haven't shot there in years but I do have fond memories of shooting there. I'm training a junior now, my neighbors son. He's got potential. Shoots 4H and shoots with his Grandfather every weekend. He shot the High Power Clinic we ran last month and he is stoked to shoot a real deal match. He is a good iron sight shooter so I'm going to have him shoot my match rifles one scoped and one iron on an off until he's ready to try a Leg Match, then scope from then on. Maybe I'll let him shoot the M1A once over the winter. See what is was like when Men shot High Powder:) I took a bunch of S--t when I said I'm not getting him a coat until he as least classified. My thinking is he should build a good position and the coat will improve it. The little bit of red marks will go away...It's a 5.56! Your thoughts?

I’ve never shot service rifle so I don’t have a clue. There is an active service rifle team that sometimes practices on the adjacent 600 yard ranges but that’s not my thing and really, I dunno.

I used to shoot modified (unofficial) and sanctioned F Class matches on Range 4 but that died off about ten years ago.

These days I’m just happy to smack a 20x12” IPSIC at a grand and bang the half dozen or so random sized pieces of steel a member will occasionally set up between 600 and 900 yards.

838F2B03-4F1A-401C-864D-EEBF003DAECB.jpeg

@mikeshaw2 call the clubhouse this weekend and volunteer.

Looks like a rain out this weekend…..

I was shooting a match at Quantico had to be mod 90's. Some ass-ole dropped a butt on the deck. A Marine L/Cpl. approached him and said "Sir I see you lost a butt on the range...'Do you want me to help you pick that Up?":) Gunny Heimann and the MCST were a top notch organization for sure.

Reactions: VSP968
The EGA will of course have tape over it when he hit's the range.

Attachments

• Resized_20220816_162606_0001.jpg
    Resized_20220816_162606_0001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 100
The EGA will of course have tape over it when he hit's the range.
Why tape over the EGA.

His taxes bought it, he can wear it.

It’s dudes that say “I was in the Third Division” and when asked what Regiment they say it doesn’t have regiments that bother me.

And I know part of Third is float Regiments in addition to 3rd and 4th but you always know what Regiment you were in.

Last edited: