• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

MtnCreek - What model Husky is that and what bar length?

365 / 24". I made it all the way to the butt and was about to trim roots to get it in a rolloff, till I realized there were hornets about 18" from my last cut. I don't know how I didn't get swarmed.

365 / 24". I made it all the way to the butt and was about to trim roots to get it in a rolloff, till I realized there were hornets about 18" from my last cut. I don't know how I didn't get swarmed.

Are you sure you haven't been out terrorizing the countryside? :cool:

There must be something about a chainsaw that keeps them away. I was cutting up a sweet gum along a fence row and the buddy that was dragging the limbs off as I cut them got nailed. The hornets nest was no more than two feet away from me while running the saw.

^ A saw must speak a frequency they like. Wish my lawn mower did the same.

That's the maximum on the part they race on. It's worse higher up still, past the finish line, believe me. Almost wish we had taken the FJ Cruiser instead.

What NEPA is most famous for.... 30,000 bananas!!!!

I go through W-B/S about every 2 months... Great road to avoid 95.... When I end up staying in the area (too tired to carry on), I stay up near the WBS airport. There's a good rib place next to the cheap hotel.

Cheers,

Sirhr

What NEPA is most famous for.... 30,000 bananas!!!!

I go through W-B/S about every 2 months... Great road to avoid 95.... When I end up staying in the area (too tired to carry on), I stay up near the WBS airport. There's a good rib place next to the cheap hotel.

Cheers,

Sirhr

You can't brag on ribs and not give, damn you! Was it The Turtle?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tipsy-turtle-airport-pub-avoca?osq=ribs

You're an exit there north of where we got off.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/eiwD47y.png"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/OSrhqdh.png"}[/IMG2]

^^^ No, just a crappy Damon's. But when you've been driving for 20 hours and can't make another 5 to get home, Damons is like eating at a 3-star Michelin in Paris.

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Now want a really GOOD rib joint, Dinosaur BBQ just a bit north in Syracuse. They have gone all chain and stuff... but the original restaurant is awesome!

^^^ No, just a crappy Damon's. But when you've been driving for 20 hours and can't make another 5 to get home, Damons is like eating at a 3-star Michelin in Paris.

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Now want a really GOOD rib joint, Dinosaur BBQ just a bit north in Syracuse. They have gone all chain and stuff... but the original restaurant is awesome!

I've been to Dinosaur. It's not bad. You get to Philly, we're doing a West Philly safari for the real deal.

Here's a few fairly tame pics from the weekend with The Mikes
. IMG_1827.JPGIMG_1829.JPG
It was a phenomenal afternoon, evening, night, and early morning. BTW, That's the one and only beer that any of us consumed in all that time. My gf just happened to get lucky and catch us in the act :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
Bigger's Better. ;)

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/filedata\/fetch?id=6601016&d=1504024048"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/filedata\/fetch?id=6601015&d=1504024047"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/filedata\/fetch?id=6601017&d=1504024048"}[/IMG2]

Frick'n Scallywags. Nice shirt Bogey. Way to represent. Is it just me or is OneShot put together like a god damn Pit Bull? Those are great shots. Keep'm coming.....

Last edited:

Cheers,

Sirhr

Damon's is gone. Apparently it got replaced by a Tully's.

http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/...damon-s-grill-in-south-abington-twp-1.2024150

If that's Oneshot on the left, I was thinking he looks like he could clamp down shaking hands.

Thanks 1J04 , I'm looking to see what got captured on film while respecting the boys' privacy. I don't want either of those guys coming after ME when Tucker goes all photoshop on our asses.

Here's a couple from oneshot86 and I's redneck auto body shop. I'd posted up a few of that big oak I drug home the other day, but I'll repost one for illustrative purposes:
IMG_1788.JPG

when those were loaded the one on the right kicked off of the other one and slammed into my truck bed, bending the wall of the bed outward, to the point that the latch on the tailgate didn't even make contact with the pin. IMG_1804.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 17
If that's Oneshot on the left, I was thinking he looks like he could clamp down shaking hands.

I just got done texting him he's a Fucking Honey Badger. Geezus Krist he's a Greek God carved in Marble. You don't do what he does without becoming a Human Honey Badger, right? Live long and prosperous my friend.

Here's a couple from oneshot86 and I's redneck auto body shop. I'd posted up a few of that big oak I drug home the other day, but I'll repost one for illustrative purposes:

when those were loaded the one on the right kicked off of the other one and slammed into my truck bed, bending the wall of the bed outward, to the point that the latch on the tailgate didn't even make contact with the pin.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/webkit-fake-url:\/\/b930c43b-1e3c-4919-b9f8-825166c80dd4\/imagejpeg"}[/IMG2]

So in typical southern fashion, we hooked a ratchet strap to it and pulled it back into place while oneshot beat on the truck bed with a hammer to "stress relieve" the metal and return its memory to where it belonged:

And VOILA, all better. Fixed in about "half a beer's worth" of shop time:

I had to quote this. I love it. It's awesome beyond words man. Can't stop snickering........

when those were loaded the one on the right kicked off of the other one and slammed into my truck bed, bending the wall of the bed outward, to the point that the latch on the tailgate didn't even make contact with the pin.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/webkit-fake-url:\/\/b930c43b-1e3c-4919-b9f8-825166c80dd4\/imagejpeg"}[/IMG2]

So in typical southern fashion, we hooked a ratchet strap to it and pulled it back into place while oneshot beat on the truck bed with a hammer to "stress relieve" the metal and return its memory to where it belonged:

And VOILA, all better. Fixed in about "half a beer's worth" of shop time:

Bogey,
If you were still driving that old Super Duty, you wouldn't have needed to pull that little beer can of a truck back into alignment.

With that said, you fellas did a great job aligning that thing back together

Bogey,
If you were still driving that old Super Duty, you wouldn't have needed to pull that little beer can of a truck back into alignment.

With that said, you fellas did a great job aligning that thing back together

Fair enough, but I was pleased that the body panel didn't buckle or deform through that whole process. My old Ford definitely had some battle scars. After our chat I did get nostalgic and have been casually looking for another mid 90s powerstroke to beat up as a "work truck" and keep this one for important tasks like hauling ice chests and grills around.

Just get another one with the old 7.3 and build it up.
Then you can use it to pull stumps and shit

That's the general plan if I'm familiar with the term "disposable income" again. Me and a buddy had differently configured 95 powerstroke 7.3s and we still miss them. We may make it a joint project.

I'm having zero luck getting a video uploaded. Sorry guys, less internet evidence. It's got to be some kind of ridiculous setting, because I've tried it about 4 different ways

Last edited:
That's the general plan if I'm familiar with the term "disposable income" again. Me and a buddy had differently configured 95 powerstroke 7.3s and we still miss them. We may make it a joint project.

the OBS trucks are showing their age. If they have been used hard (also normally with a shitty lift) they tend to crack the radiator support at the top.

were the fuckin coolest bro

I don't think we did anything to dispel Mike Casselton 's USAF stereotypes about Marines. He was dressed for a nice dinner out and I may or may not have been wearing shoes. Where else but the Hide could three lunatics like us meet up and get shitfaced while getting phone sex from 1J04 all the way on the left coast?

so, from my angle, after the shot it was almost hollywood, the liquid just turned on perfect

Yeah, im not sure if that was the first or second time we did it, but I think it was the first. The second vid is longer with more dialogue but I don't think the impact is as good.

2ndamendfan I just now popped my first cold beer. 2130 my time and my regular bar is closed for remodel, so I was taking some of oneshot's chainsaw advice and working on one of mine in the hopes that this rain might possibly let up tomorrow for me to work on my pile. I've got to figure out with 1J04 how to get a concise list of demands. Many of you generous lunatics understandably chose anonymity, so whatever means crazy "Jimmy" has of obtaining what y'all want on it, I'll get to work on in advance.

I'm working on the good faith premise that the HMFIC won't be pissed at a SH logo somewhere on it because it's non-firearm related and the WTF conversation trying to explain this whole thing with him is pretty painful to contemplate. Other than that, I'm working on what I know needs to go on it, even wrapping a log in size 14 powder blue women's pant suit pants that one you sick bastards (my hat's off to whoever had that one by the way) requested. My original no-go items were anything BHO, Hillary, Bernie, or rainbow flag gayness. I'm still in the Deep South and and getting help from friends while I have LSU, Alabama, AND Auburn stickers on it is going to be hard enough without those extra fucking explanations. As for the Obama thing, someone asked/suggested a picture of his face on the ram. If I can do that without alienating my woman to the point of losing blowjobs then I'm all for it.

The missus is also working on some sort of video thingy similar to or maybe even on (private) YouTube where you nutcases send suggestions for what gets "split" and I post it up. I'll tell you that me and The Mikes came up w some funny shit on Sunday, but I'm fucked if I can remember much of it.

As for the Obama thing, someone asked/suggested a picture of his face on the ram. If I can do that without alienating my woman to the point of losing blowjobs then I'm all for it.

That was me also. I would settle for one or the other.

I've been super busy the last couple of days. This has been fun catching up on you fellas and your shenanigans. Keep up the good work.

We snuck away this evening. The fishing was poor, but beautiful weather none the less.

IMG_4200.JPG

I've been super busy the last couple of days. This has been fun catching up on you fellas and your shenanigans. Keep up the good work.

Hey buddy, I was wondering what sort of "adulting" had you tied up. Glad to see you back, and that jackets are already required again up that way. Some of the shenanigans are posted here and some are in The Splitter thread. I assure you that your name was taken in vain over the weekend, as were a few of our other Hide brothers. I swear that oneshot86 should market his place as an amusement park rather than a nursery. I've never been to Disney or Universal, but I want a weekend a month partying with The Maniac Mikes of Tampa.

We snuck away this evening. The fishing was poor, but beautiful weather none the less.

Man, that glass-like surface indicates to me y'all shoulda been trying to put more 77 SMKs on that 1086 plate.

Man, that glass-like surface indicates to me y'all shoulda been trying to put more 77 SMKs on that 1086 plate.

Indeed! Although that surface was screaming TOPWATER to me. Damn Alabama does a once a year type deal on fishing licenses, starting Sept 1. So I've been home a month and not fished because buying a full year's worth of fresh/saltwater plus hunting for me and my lady for one month was silly. I'll be in line in a few days. While I was gone a few friends got fancy and now have access to either private docks on Dauphin Island or access to some phenomenal Gulf reef coords that are producing very well.
I cant wait to start stocking the freezer with Specks and Reds.

Not intending to derail this great thread.
Florida has an annual military gold sportsman license that covers everything. It's $20.00 for it, but it has to be bought at a tax collectors office.
Just bring in proof of military service for purchase.
Maybe something like that is offered in your neck of the woods.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Our luck probably would have been about the same :). Honestly, I was shocked that the fishing was poor. Perfect conditions. Everyone we talked to had the same result.

Indeed! Although that surface was screaming TOPWATER to me. Damn Alabama does a once a year type deal on fishing licenses, starting Sept 1. So I've been home a month and not fished because buying a full year's worth of fresh/saltwater plus hunting for me and my lady for one month was silly. I'll be in line in a few days. While I was gone a few friends got fancy and now have access to either private docks on Dauphin Island or access to some phenomenal Gulf reef coords that are producing very well.
I cant wait to start stocking the freezer with Specks and Reds.

Agreed. He worked 3 different lures for over an hour (top water and shallow diving) and only caught one.

When nothing else will work, a plastic worm seems to work best down this way.

Hooked like this: 3416-9.jpg

I use a hook like this; sometimes with a weighted head: 51Ql5OuEFWL._SY355_.jpg

I believe it's called "wacky worm" fishing. Cast. Give it about 10 sec; sometimes they'll bite on the cast. After that, gently move the rod just enough to make the worm wiggle / slowly move. Gamakatsu is a good brand of worm, along with some others. Anything that starts with Pumpkin or Watermelon is a good bet. The garlic sprays / gels works IMHO. Now I want to go fishing...

When nothing else will work, a plastic worm seems to work best down this way.

Hooked like this:

I use a hook like this; sometimes with a weighted head:

I believe it's called "wacky worm" fishing. Cast. Give it about 10 sec; sometimes they'll bite on the cast. After that, gently move the rod just enough to make the worm wiggle / slowly move. Gamakatsu is a good brand of worm, along with some others. Anything that starts with Pumpkin or Watermelon is a good bet. The garlic sprays / gels works IMHO. Now I want to go fishing...

I had never even heard of the wacky worm setup until I got back to the States. My fishing buddy up in Chicago introduced me to it. I'd always fished a Texas rig with good success. I'll admit that I'm still learning to fish it properly and haven't caught a single fish on it yet. BUT, that's totally on me and my learning curve because I've spent several days where he was 20yds away from me fishing the identical setup and pulling out bass on every 5th cast or so while I was getting blanked. It's positively devastating under the right conditions when you know what you're doing.
Where the wacky really blew me away was on days where neither of us could catch a damn thing, no matter what we were throwing out there. On those days, when fishing just sucked, he'd use this ridiculously colored safety-orange worm with some hot pink running through it and would start slamming bass with it. One of this dumb things that's only dumb until it works.
Ill continue to work on my technique with the wacky on these southern bass until I get it figured out, but I saw how great it worked up in the mid west. For added action they also make little rattle torpedo weights that you can stick into the worm's head.

Damn it I've got stuff that has to be done, but it's a perfect overcast day that should be spent fishing!

My typ bass fishing days starts with topwater before light. That's the most exciting bass fishing there is; there is no doubt when you get a bite! When that slows, I'll usually start throwing a light-green & white spinner for a little more fast pace fishing. If a lure like a rattle trap or diving lure (colored like a crawfish is a favorite of mine) doesn't work, it's on to slow pace worms. I usually start with a worm that somewhat matches the water color and swap around from there. I do have a few oddballs. Jet black with flo-yellow tip is one I've had success with. I'll look out for blaze orange/pink next time I'm getting fishing gear.

2745]Damn it I've got stuff that has to be done, but it's a perfect overcast day that should be spent fishing!

My typ bass fishing days starts with topwater before light. That's the most exciting bass fishing there is; there is no doubt when you get a bite! When that slows, I'll usually start throwing a light-green & white spinner for a little more fast pace fishing. If a lure like a rattle trap or diving lure (colored like a crawfish is a favorite of mine) doesn't work, it's on to slow pace worms. I usually start with a worm that somewhat matches the water color and swap around from there. I do have a few oddballs. Jet black with flo-yellow tip is one I've had success with. I'll look out for blaze orange/pink next time I'm getting fishing gear. [/QUOTE]

It sounds like our system is pretty similar, although I'm really just now starting to fish crankbaits with any regularity. I'd tried them years ago and caught way more stumps than bass so moved on.

That ridiculous worm thing came from an evening when we were just failing to catch anything on anything. I'm a pretty shitty fisherman, but my buddy is a very successful angler. He was ready to toss his tackle box into the lake. He called a friend of his who's a tournament fisherman and was bitching and begging for suggestions. The friend remembered having shared a partial bag of those silly colored worms and told him to check deep in the bottom of the box for them. I laughed when I saw them and made some wiseass comment about them. And then he started crushing bass with it. I was amazed.

When i ran into the semi-pro guy at a BBQ I asked about the "faggy worms" and he said that all he's been able to figure is that it looks SO weird that it just pisses bass off to the point that they'll attack it to see what the hell it is. They both use a pretty aggressive retrieve on their wackies also: cast and let it settle, then a big jerk/twitch with the rod tip low and take in the slack while the worm falls, then repeat. The timing of the jerk and retrieve is what I'm still getting worked out. It's a bit different than how I fished a Texas rig, but I've seen how well it worked.

Here's our view down on the coast. This wheelbarrow was bone dry and empty yesterday about this time:

IMG_1837.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 22