• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Well.

I was told that since I mostly fly a desk, that I should take 2 weeks vacation (NOW kid!!). apparently the vacation pay comes from a "different bucket" and we have been losing about 25 million a week with the slow down in trauma and elective procedures.......

So home I am.

Most days are homeschooling my wild and rowdy (love it!!) 8 year old. She hates school and would rather be outside. I am half-tempted to blow off the teaching ladies plans and just take her fishing and shooting. We can discuss the Bible, Constitution, and talk about math, science, and even write about what we do to work on penmanship and sentence structure.

Im not even turning in the work she does. I tell the teacher she does it and is getting excellent scores with 1:1 student teacher ratio.

Im sure her mom would flip shit. (which would be fun in its own right)

Anyways, she went to her moms today (moms day off), so in between other chores I was taking care of, I took a quick trip to the range to test my new .22 LR AR upper.

Ran like a well oiled machine with 3 kinds of bulk ammo. Lower also has a new trigger in it and double taps were crazy fast and easy. only ran to 25 yds with red dot on and was pretty happy with the results. I am sure with a little time (and a better target) my groups will tighten a tad.

this is a 4.5" CMMG barrel with their bolt in a dedicated upper with an 8" hand guard. Ordering supplies and filing form 1 later this week as its a bit funny to hold without a can and that has been the plan all along.

qmKM4Q7%SOaiAY5PUEeiQg.jpg

I got a call from work today telling me to take the week off with pay. After my wife is discharged, the NICU only accepts one visitor for the duration. So now until Saturday is my only window to see my boys for at least a month. I really appreciate that. I was planning on going back to work tomorrow and saving my time off for when the twins finally come home. I haven't even been able to hold them yet. I wasn't expecting that phone call.

@gunjunkie45
Wow. That hit me!

thats the way we should take car of our good employees when stuff is sideways for them. Thats some good leadership and management.

good company to work for.
Best to you all sir!!
Not ashamed to say it made me cry and I'm really at a loss as to how to say thank you. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Wish I had a picture. But you will get a mental picture that's good enough.

The woman and I went to the range earlier. She's never shot an AR so I figured it was time. I also brought the CZ455 for some long range fun.
Now she's only shot hand guns and a shotgun a few times. So after a short bit of instruction she was ready to shoot some 22. In no time she was stacking them at 50. So I dialed up for her and told her to hit the steel at 100. Ding on her first shot. Confidence is high after 20 rounds and only a few missed.
Time for some AR fun. Good grief she was banging the steel at 100 with the red dot and the smile was big. After a couple magazines I was allowed to shoot for a while.
I asked her if she wanted to try and hit steel at 200 with the 22. Little Miss confidence was all sure of herself. So I dialed up the scope and took a couple shots.
Well little Miss confidence hit her first five on 8 in steel at 200 off a bipod and rear bag. I get the look of " What's the big deal?" A little breeze started and now she can't hit.
Things settle down and I put out a sporting clays at 200. First shot she busted it.
So many rounds down range and it's sprinkling rain. I carry a Springfield EMP in 9mm. I ask if she wants to shoot it before we leave.
I set up a target at 25 feet and hand her the gun. I am kinda picking up things to go and bang. I looked up and she had a WTF? Look. What's wrong? I asked. She said something hit her in the nose. Bwaahaha I almost fell down laughing. I said that you limp wristed it. Shoot it like you mean it! She emptied the mag and set it down and asked me to see if she had a mark on the bridge of her nose.

So no pictures but you can imagine it.

Had a break in the work, headed to the Farm to help out the folks. Took some time to make some coon sets
20200425_165434.jpg

Never have used a trap specific for coon, they work well, fast and easy to set. Need to get a few more.
20200425_172259.jpg

4 sets, two coon, a good day. More sets out for tonight. Coons must die.

The Defenders of the Universe might come looking for you.
Had a break in the work, headed to the Farm to help out the folks. Took some time to make some coon sets
View attachment 7308598
Never have used a trap specific for coon, they work well, fast and easy to set. Need to get a few more.
View attachment 7308601
4 sets, two coon, a good day. More sets out for tonight. Coons must die.

Reactions: Barneybdb
This AM..
20200426_063959.jpg

Missed one..
20200426_063839.jpg

Setting in mud makes for a light trigger. I need to round up more coon traps and hang up the leg holds until things dry up. If I had more time I'd hang a pile of deer proof trail snares.

Sun's finally up, nice day in Upper Dakota.

I was thinking closer to Covington. Used to hate doing pipeline surveys in that part of the country. Seems like there's a river or creek to cross every 100yds or so.

Reactions: TACC and 1J04