• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition What's your weight?

Blue Streak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
KY via Oklahoma
Just wondering where you f t/r guys are coming in on your rifle weight,...how close to the 18.15 lb limit?

I just had a new cheek rest installed on my stock and also got a sinclair gen 3 bipod. I have an old post office digital scale and I'm right at 18.04. Anybody else running that thin,...close to the limit? I was actually over at 18.20 and removed my scope sun shade and a rear swivel lug that I had on for a sling awhile back. If I had too, I could also remove the fine adjustment knob on the sinclair. I also read somewhere on here where somebody use some closed cell foam instead of a spring and follower sled to take a couple ounces off.

Yeah, I feel like I'm so close that I could get snagged on simple variations between scales. I think I'll try the "foam follower" trick to see how much that's takes off. I can also take the knob off the sinclair fine adjustment and shave a once or two

Yeah, I feel like I'm so close that I could get snagged on simple variations between scales. I think I'll try the "foam follower" trick to see how much that's takes off. I can also take the knob off the sinclair fine adjustment and shave a once or two

If you are using a Remington BDL magwell the box, spring and follower should weigh just over 2.5 oz.

XTR,...yep a BDL but I do have an alum single shot "slide" in place of the stock follower. I'm going to remove it and the spring and try the closed cell foam idea.

I added and calculated everything for my last build. Tried to get about 4oz under, ended up at 17lbs 1oz somehow. Will have a heavier barrel next time.

I switched out my BDL follower, spring , etc and put in a closed cell foam piece,...worked like a charm. I'm right at 18 pounds. If different scales catch me one day, I could always unscrew my bolt knob, hah.

I was at Raton this past summer as well. official weigher used kg not imperial for me. KG weight allowance 8.25 I came in at 8.23. We had multiple weigh ins before we headed to Raton so I new I was close.