• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When you catch them in the act.

Hootiewho

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
SC
Few guys have been trespassing and poaching on some private land near me. They have also been tearing up any trail cams they come across on this land. We believe they are poaching ducks and deer at night. I managed to catch them hunting over some duck ponds last night with a 22lr. Also happen to catch the first image of them on trail cam at the same time.

Now I need to order the loud speaker for my drone and upload this tune to it for when I am running down trespassers. FWIW, I had just come from tracking a shot deer and was running on low batteries.

I always thought pulling out the valve cores from the tires would work pretty good. Leave em stranded without actual damage.
However the skunk/dye ballon idea would be absolutely fucking epic 🤢 Mark em so they can’t deny it!

Reactions: Maciej
Few guys have been trespassing and poaching on some private land near me. They have also been tearing up any trail cams they come across on this land. We believe they are poaching ducks and deer at night. I managed to catch them hunting over some duck ponds last night with a 22lr. Also happen to catch the first image of them on trail cam at the same time.

Now I need to order the loud speaker for my drone and upload this tune to it for when I am running down trespassers. FWIW, I had just come from tracking a shot deer and was running on low batteries.

Or you can just ambush them in the middle of the night......

1667678718937.png

In no way am I promoting poaching or trespass. Yet I do wonder about “some land near me.”

I see this all the time. The reply will be along the lines of “I watch it for the landowner” etc.

Basically, if your name is not on the deed it’s not your circus, not your monkey. Tell the landowner and forget about it. Possibly he does not care. Possibly he granted permission.

I have farms in several counties. All my neighbors “watch it for me.” Most don’t know me when they see me. I catch them trespassing and they confront me. Threaten to call the sheriff or game warden on me. I let them do it. When LE arrive the story changes fast. But, they are seldom charged.

Basically, you should keep your drone over your land and mind your own business. I would be just as upset with you as them.

Reminded me of an old blues song,

BABY, YOUR HUSBANDS BEEN CHEATING ON US. 😂

Last edited:
If they go the same way every time, one of those 12ga blank trip wires would work nice in the dark.
If this is carried out…

What’s the Over/Under, that one of them fills their pants?..

Or screams like bitch, and runs like a MFer when it goes off…

:)

Reactions: baczt
In no way am I promoting poaching or trespass. Yet I do wonder about “some land near me.”

I see this all the time. The reply will be along the lines of “I watch it for the landowner” etc.

Basically, if your name is not on the deed it’s not your circus, not your monkey. Tell the landowner and forget about it. Possibly he does not care. Possibly he granted permission.

I have farms in several counties. All my neighbors “watch it for me.” Most don’t know me when they see me. I catch them trespassing and they confront me. Threaten to call the sheriff or game warden on me. I let them do it. When LE arrive the story changes fast. But, they are seldom charged.

Basically, you should keep your drone over your land and mind your own business. I would be just as upset with you as them.

Reminded me of an old blues song,

BABY, YOUR HUSBANDS BEEN CHEATING ON US. 😂
You’d be mad at him for flying a drone over your property? 🤣🤣 sounds like you’re SOL and bound to be butthurt 🤣

The more I think about this, the more I’m with Rth1800. What is the OP’s stake in this private land near him? If it’s not yours, and you don’t have permission to hunt it, why do you care? Fucking with sketchy people doing sketchy things, who are armed, at night, scores high on both fuck around and find out.

I would post no trespassing signs at their point of ingress, and take a picture and video with time stamps on it.

Then I would get multiple drone shots like that video you posted up there of them to include trailing them back to their residence. Time stamp them if you can, or at least annotate when they were taken.

Get a close up with the drone, even if you are discovered where you can clearly see their weapons.

Then you have a very clear and convincing case of repeated trespassing with a deadly weapon with intent to commit a crime.

Get your local LE and game warden involved. Sometimes one is much better than the other.

Edited:

It's not your land OP? Why the hell do you care then?

this could have been your drone

your excuse you thought they were deer .

Reactions: BCX
The more I think about this, the more I’m with Rth1800. What is the OP’s stake in this private land near him? If it’s not yours, and you don’t have permission to hunt it, why do you care? Fucking with sketchy people doing sketchy things, who are armed, at night, scores high on both fuck around and find out.
Did you miss the part about destroying cameras ?

Reactions: stefan73
Did you miss the part about destroying cameras ?
No, I did not. The OP is not the owner of the land, and doesn't appear to have hunting access rights- or any other access premission. It is a reasonable leap that any cameras that are being destroyed are not owned by the OP. And if they are, he doesn't appear to have any more right to be on the land than the poachers.

If this were his land, he would not have said "private land near me." This is not how one would phrase land owned by friends or family either. He didn't even say "hey, this guy I don't know asked me to take a look at his property because he thinks there may be poachers on it." Just some rando guy creeping on some other rando guy's land. Read too far into it and it sounds like one guy trying to eliminate the competition. Which is what I think @RTH1800 was suggesting...

Get with the game warden, show him the trail cam pictures and give him the location from where they enter and exit.
You don't want crap like that happening around where you live!

Just my .02