• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are all the employees ?

On a different tangent, and just to share a bit of history, but I grew up in a home where my parents had what's called "A.T.O's". This was because there were SO MANY more jobs back in the 70's, than there were people to fill them, that the company they worked for brought out this incentive.
Accumulated Time Off.
And it worked like this: For every 2 weeks that you work your scheduled shift, (on time, work the full shift, leave at-end) they would give the employee 1 day off with pay. So work for 10 weeks (as an employee should) and you suddenly get 1 week off with pay. Yes, this was 'bankable' as well as was 'over-and-above' your yearly holidays that you were entitled to, to begin with.

I'm sure you can see how this was appreciated and accepted by the employees. I'm sure you can ALSO see why this was negatively looked upon, years and decades later by the same (or successive) company management. Hence why so many employees were offered 'buy-outs' to eliminate them from the contract.

Also why Safeway (up here in Canada) no-longer hired, nor promoted any employee's to 'full-time-status'.

Cubic dollars were lost because of that scheme/setup. And yet at the same time, they had one HELL of a loyal and contributing work-force, to which JUST LOOK AT the size of the company now, and how much it sold for here in Canada 'some years ago'.

I'm just sayin'....
so where do you think the middle ground of that benefits scenario is in our day? Serious question.

so where do you think the middle ground of that benefits scenario is in our day? Serious question.
These days many companies are using "stock options, or stock donations" to their employees. As the value of the company rises, the workers get a piece of the pie. If the company is floundering, the employees SEE the pain. One of my former employers "gave" employees stocks which produce dividends three times a year. The longer you were with the company, the more shares you had, and the larger the dividend. When you decide to retire, you can keep the stocks for an income stream, or sell them to buy a new milling machine ;)

Excellent question !.... Up front, my son works for EXXON. . I was glad to see him finally get on there after 2 tours in the military and working for some smaller outfits. I see this as middle ground.

People need to start freezing and starving to death before anything changes. Pride in this country has all but been erased and the fucktards who've managed to plant their asses in our government have made sure anyone worth a shit busts their ass so the rest can have an endless summer.

Until I start seeing frozen corpses on the sidewalk this shit will only continue.

I'm a Tradesman, and I've worked "a few" places as well as worked with "a few" other Tradesmen.

The one thing that was unanimous with regards to "employer incentive" was "stocks/shares/part-ownership-of-the-company". When the Trades group were seriously talking about "what would it take to care more" the answer was always "partial ownership". As-in, the more you're actually invested in the bottom line, the more incentive there was to care and be pro-active.

Careful with the tangents that this can take ya'll, but the point I'm getting at is primarily to see the situation from both sides. First, the stock value on the ticker-tape as well as the 'useful parts' being re-furbished instead of thrown-out. Two completely opposite ends of the spectrum, and insight as to each. I'm not suggesting that it be 'majority shareholder' or anything like that. But when you get a group of actual Tradesmen together that work a site, (actual employees, not a nomadic shut-down-crew) they can see the problems and the bottlenecks for what they are. And those can get streamlined with their experiences and ingenuity.

Back when I was in the sawmill, we had 'autonomy' to a great degree, as-to what we wanted to do. That starts off with management TRUSTING their Tradesmen. Not only that, but the things that need the most constant addressing, are the points where most focus is going to improve/streamline or re-design. There are many different ways to accomplish a task. And just because 'that's how we've always done it' is not/does not mean that there aren't better/faster/cheaper/more-efficient/robuster methods of doing so.

I've heard more than a few times, over the years, the 'open comment' of "to find the best way to do something, look for the laziest engineer." They'll get the job done the easiest. Now, if you're a business, you have to weigh that premise with "do you want to do this once, or do you want to do this continually"? Because that, everyone can be sure, is two completely different things.

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once.

Reactions: BCP and addertooth
Here are two of your posts in this thread. Do you see what I see?

-------------------------------
"There are lots of jobs here, for 1/2 what an experienced person expects in pay. Either businesses are built on an unsound model, or are just too cheap. Good employees are working, just not for the employers whining about staffing levels. If you can not attract quality employees, up your game or close your business. Why the fuck should I work cheap so you can get rich off my efforts. I’m working now, but I will continue to trade up jobs without a lot of loyalty unless an employer steps up. I’m a experienced, qualified trades person with very broad skills. I am the super model of employees, but employers are mostly chubby geeks with sweaty hands wanting a kiss."

--------------------------------

Some honest unsolicited advice so take it for what its worth: it may not be THEM. It may be YOU. You can't be a super model of employees and downshift commitment and work ethic while feeling superior to those who hired you do a job. Nope. And the respect/recognition you are obviously craving will not come from the other side until you give some of that first through work, humility, POSITIVE attitude and meaningful contribution to the projects you are involved with.

Also, we do not temper our work ethic - its part of our true character, and our actions over time tell what kind of person we really are. Hope this is understandable. Justifying our unethical actions is simply giving ourselves an excuse to act the way we really want while knowing it is wrong.

Don't remember where I go this from but it is gold:

View attachment 7773310
A lot of assumptions there; sounds like you have a preset opinion that gets applied to most situations and people so your ideas always seem right. I took a 60% pay cut without any crankiness to my micromanaging present employer due to vacc mandates. Previously I worked for a multinational where I lead a nationally successful competitive company team where my success was due to thousands of off work hours of commitment. I excelled at the work hours too; more production faster and better than my peers. I embody the 10 things you think I should become. It all got me fucking nothing but misery from whiny cunts who felt constantly threatened because the intensity and focus the USMC honed in me is not usefully in a bureaucratic industrial society. Every fucking time I was throw into a critical emergency response leadership role I hit it out of the park(all volunteer, no extra anything). Being honest is a curse. Being right and honest makes you poor.

Most corporations have done it to themselves with the CEO/Board greed. Worked for a large company for just shy of 31 years. In the last two years I worked there they decided to downsize man power and make fewer do more. Then they got rid of our sick leave, made it almost impossible to take vacation and the straw that broke the camels back for me is they froze my pension. The froze the pension on December 31 of last year. In May I turned 55 took my early retirement at a reduction and went with the rule of 55 with my 401k. I’m making as much being at home as I was working. The plant I worked at now has had a giant hiring sign out front advertising great pay(won’t happen) and $500 sign on bonus. The guys I worked with say they can’t get anyone to sign up and if they do it only takes a week or two before they drag up or just stop coming to work.

Most corporations have done it to themselves with the CEO/Board greed. Worked for a large company for just shy of 31 years. In the last two years I worked there they decided to downsize man power and make fewer do more. Then they got rid of our sick leave, made it almost impossible to take vacation and the straw that broke the camels back for me is they froze my pension. The froze the pension on December 31 of last year. In May I turned 55 took my early retirement at a reduction and went with the rule of 55 with my 401k. I’m making as much being at home as I was working. The plant I worked at now has had a giant hiring sign out front advertising great pay(won’t happen) and $500 sign on bonus. The guys I worked with say they can’t get anyone to sign up and if they do it only takes a week or two before they drag up or just stop coming to work.

Reminds me of the “family oriented“ company I worked for a few years ago. They went to a point system for attendance because of a handful of people and made it where it was an unexcused absence to attend a funeral unless it was immediate family. They gave me points when I was a pallbearer in my uncle’s funeral. For my aunt’s funeral, they told me I had to get a letter from the funeral home stating I was a pallbearer and they would make it an excused absence. I quit shortly after. Last I heard, they were buying housing in order to bring people in on work visas because they can’t find help.

Yep. This right here. Asshole companies like that got a 2-day notice from me. As in - I'm leaving 2-day. Toolboxes have wheels for a reason. Once a company shows any signs of going downhill via gross mismanagement, the time to get out is immediately. I've seen too many of my old co-workers ride the ship all the way underwater and every one of them wished they had gotten out earlier.

When a company starts going downhill, its usually incremental just like the boiling frog theory. It's much easier to find another job when you already have one. When a company all of a sudden shuts its doors, there is an excess of unemployed in that geographical area that leads to suppressed wages in that area for a while. You will get your best deal somewhere else when the labor market is tight.

I just got a call from a guy I have done work for in the past.

He wants me to come out this weekend (nope I have two jobs as it is) accuses me of being lazy and not wanting to "make some money" (I traded him for labor back in october and he punked out on me, claimed his excavator broke) and then asks for a friend of mine's number to see if "he wants to make some MONEY!!" (I like the guy, I'm not giving you his number). "I'm paying cash money and nobody wants to WORK". Tomorrow is going to be below freezing with 20-30mph winds, I'd just love to come out and get stiffed a second time lol.

A lot of assumptions there; sounds like you have a preset opinion that gets applied to most situations and people so your ideas always seem right. I took a 60% pay cut without any crankiness to my micromanaging present employer due to vacc mandates. Previously I worked for a multinational where I lead a nationally successful competitive company team where my success was due to thousands of off work hours of commitment. I excelled at the work hours too; more production faster and better than my peers. I embody the 10 things you think I should become. It all got me fucking nothing but misery from whiny cunts who felt constantly threatened because the intensity and focus the USMC honed in me is not usefully in a bureaucratic industrial society. Every fucking time I was throw into a critical emergency response leadership role I hit it out of the park(all volunteer, no extra anything). Being honest is a curse. Being right and honest makes you poor.
Your a fucking legend...you go getter!

Yep... years ago I was working for one of the local engineering firms. The office had a "recycle" policy that had us take one-sided copies and place them face down in a box next to the copy machine.

Well, the bookkeeper decided to run her yearly reports, and then placed those one-sided copies back into the magic money-saving box.

Don't you know who ran a bunch of raw coordinate prints (me), and found out what everyone was getting paid, their billable rate, and the markup.

The owner was paying, literally every single employee one-fifth to one-eighth of what they were being charged out at! Standard markups for the industry at the time was 3:1 - you got billed out at $75/hr, you got paid $25/hr, or thereabouts.

The owner decided to have the office Christmas party at his house (dumbest idea ever). Let's show the employees what their blood, sweat and tears got - 40 foot siding boards helicoptered in, 17 televisions throughout, hand hewn flagstone wall to wall, etc etc. Yes, the owner gave us the grand tour (again, dumbest idea ever).

I walked out of the grand tour early, and some co-workers followed me, sensing a disturbance in the force, lol.

"What's the deal dude?"

I answered "Seriously? Motherfucker is paying us 1/5 to 1/8 of our billable rates, parading us around his mountain chalet and bragging about all the shit he has, and you want to ask what MY problem is?"

Ooops - did I let the cat out of the bag?

Needless to say, the following week, I marched my ass into his office, and we were on good terms, so, he was happy to see me. Told him, "OK, time to pay up sucka" (OK, I didn't call him "sucka", but my face did). We haggled a bit, but I ended up with closer to the 3:1 than I was expecting.

I kept up the regular "march in" until he told me, pretty sternly too, "Look, you're the second highest paid person in the office, right behind the Vice President. This is my house, stop telling me how to run it..."

After that I got head-hunted and left, which may or may not have been a great decision. But... when everyone that worked there found out what I knew about the mark-ups, the mass exodus started, and he was left with an empty office building, and retired as a "consultant".

He never forgave me, but, whatever.

You have to come to your own rescue most of the time was the lesson I learned from all of that.
We’re still at 3.0 to 3.1:1 on our multiplier.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
Yup, and as you know, being a surveyor, as I was, you're the bastard child in any engineering firm. A necessary evil.

Those dirty, unkempt, foul mouthed surveyors!

I told every engineer who told me "I took surveying in college for a semester, I know how to do your job..."

Yup, shit flows down hill and you can't push a rope - see, I can do your job too.
Forgot the third rule. Dirt plus water equals mud.

Seriously, registered surveyors are like gold in our office. Don’t do many water/sewer projects without an accurate survey or easements without a route survey….

Reactions: HiDesertELR
I’m trying to figure out what I can do with my injuries. I miss climbing 300-600ft and working with industrial stuff, but I physically can’t do it anymore. Honestly I’d be stoked to make 50-60k but I have no college. Some days I can do most stuff, some days I can barely walk.

Everyone wants grey beard experience who’s probably going to argue about how to do things, instead of teaching someone how they want it done. The only shit that interests me I couldn’t pass the physical to hire on.

May have to find some office job I can do, as much as it would kill my soul.
You might consider being an inspector to make sure contractors build it right.

I’m pretty sure everyone not working is just buying SPY and TSLA weekly calls, lol.

For those doing the early retirement thing (which once again, represents the majority of workers who have left the workforce), this is pretty much the truth. Who coulda known that juicing the stock market to record highs would have unforeseen and unintended consequences? :ROFLMAO:

For those claiming that this doesn't explain why they can't hire a wage slave at the local bar & grill - a lot (not all, but most) of those early retirees had to get replaced by some other warm body, and so you've likely got this trickle-up "pull" reverberating through the workforce. Meanwhile, you're losing experience and tribal knowledge every time one of those greybeards walks out the door for the last time.

Ex.: Steve the 60-year-old manager doesn't come back from summer vacation after deciding to day-trade; he doesn't start collecting Social Security because LOL why bother when he's making more on good days than his yearly government payout would be. So he's not technical "retired" but he ain't coming back. The company promotes his second-in-charge (who hopefully didn't leave for the competitor who's paying 25% more), and that ripples all the way down to the 19-year-old who just got pulled from shipping and receiving to do whatever inn the quality office.

As a related side note - anyone here want to justify the process of giving nothing more than standard COLA raises of 2-3% to existing employees but paying new workers 25% more to fill the same spot when the existing guy walks after failing to negotiate a meaningful raise? Regardless of vocation, I constantly hear this from friends and family, and it seems completely ass-backwards when one considers the cost of swapping out an experienced employee for someone new. I mean, if you're upgrading talent each time this swap occurs, great - but I haven't heard this consistently happening. I know several people in particular that work in niche industries, and they just rotate through a handful of companies and pick up big raises every time they move.

As a related side note - anyone here want to justify the process of giving nothing more than standard COLA raises of 2-3% to existing employees but paying new workers 25% more to fill the same spot when the existing guy walks after failing to negotiate a meaningful raise? Regardless of vocation, I constantly hear this from friends and family, and it seems completely ass-backwards when one considers the cost of swapping out an experienced employee for someone new. I mean, if you're upgrading talent each time this swap occurs, great - but I haven't heard this consistently happening. I know several people in particular that work in niche industries, and they just rotate through a handful of companies and pick up big raises every time they move.
Yeah, I just did this. Got tired of "mentoring" new junior engineers and contractors - some of who were making almost as much as I do . Flipped the looking for work bit on LinkedIn and got a new job making 25% more. I know my leaving hurt my former employer but f'em they had more than enough time to do the right thing.

Some companies have a slow learning curve. They had the Obama era, when the job market was squeezed, and they "learned" that they could control the employees who were afraid of losing a job. They learned they could hand out smaller raises, and pile on more work.

Many companies have not recovered from that mind-set. They have not yet fully grasped the workforce is not as "fearful", and is willing to jump to a new job. Those slow-learning companies are still offering minimal Cost of Living raises. Those same companies had trimmed down the numbers in their workforce, so that a single employee is performing the work which was previously performed by three workers in the past. Low raises and increased demand on the workers for a decade, has led to a lot of discontent.

Other companies are looking at those who arrived from other companies, and are pleased to have workers who have such a broad diversity of related skills. They are concerned those workers might leave, and are more eager to retain them. They have rapidly learned the lesson of the changing job market.

For now, many companies are using the excuse of "shipping delays", to cover for the fact they no longer have an adequate workforce to meet timelines. That excuse is wearing thin in much of the industry.

Much of this is the fault of the employer.

It’s funny the red team party line, anything bad happens to the employee; fuck him and it’s his fault, yet even the most cockroach employer can do no wrong.

I’ve ran my own little side gig, and worked for big shops and mom and pops, end of the day if I’m working for you and it’s a good quality of life, I’ll stay, if it’s a shit hole and you don’t treat me with respect, I’ll leave and give you whatever notice I can.

People need to start freezing and starving to death before anything changes. Pride in this country has all but been erased and the fucktards who've managed to plant their asses in our government have made sure anyone worth a shit busts their ass so the rest can have an endless summer.

Until I start seeing frozen corpses on the sidewalk this shit will only continue.
Anyone who still has pride in this country is a 'white supremist, extremist, white nationalist, domestic terrorist' and other assorted descriptors aimed at patriotic Americans.

That originates from the oligarchs that run the world trying to destroy a proud America and issued to their msm to broadcast to the sheep.

For those claiming that this doesn't explain why they can't hire a wage slave at the local bar & grill

I think most of us know the answer to that.

As for the corporate thing it's infuriating but it's probably cheaper for them run existing employees ragged and occasionally hire a replacement at slightly higher wages than it is to give everybody regular raises.

When you’re paying employees in the upper 25%, it’s difficult to bring in needed talent at a 10-20% premium over what existing employees are paid. Upsets the apple cart all the way down the line from senior PM to entry level engineer. We’ve found some success by offering them the ability to do exactly what they want (design water or wastewater plants) and by increasing the signing bonus and then putting them in line to become shareholder after 2 years. Otherwise, keep hiring entry level engineers, scientists and surveyors and provide a great training ground for them.

We have to hire more talent. We also know it will cost us. We pushed every hourly guy up by 20% starting Jan.1. The purpose was to keep from upsetting the Apple cart when we knew we would have to offer more money to get quality employees In the door. Can’t hire a guy at $30 an hour and have a guy making $25 an hour training him. Recipe for disaster!

Can’t hire a guy at $30 an hour and have a guy making $25 an hour training him.

That happens a lot more than you'd think in the corporate world especially where salaries are concerned. Just cruise job ads on any of those hellhole "resume" sites and you will find plenty of job applications where they list the pay as "competitive" and during the interview you will be told not to discuss salary with other candidates/employees.

Reactions: LoCal247
That happens a lot more than you'd think in the corporate world especially where salaries are concerned. Just cruise job ads on any of those hellhole "resume" sites and you will find plenty of job applications where they list the pay as "competitive" and during the interview you will be told not to discuss salary with other candidates/employees.
That “never discuss compensation” thing never works.
The first thing guys do is compare notes.
Been that way forever.

I got hired at a job in 1974 for $1.90 an hour.
I told my equally qualified buddy to come down and apply.
They hired him at $2.00 an hour.
I was pissed - but at that point realized that my buddy had been a better negotiator than I was.
10 yrs later we all laughed about it when I was running the shop.

All the jobs around and you’re sitting on unemployment. Smh
Yeah I’m a real asshole because I can’t force people to hire me...you apply and don’t hear shit, you call they don’t want to talk(and have no clue who you are), hearing the same thing from a bunch of people here.

My old positions been open since they forced me out, they constantly ran off employees while I was there. I don’t want to be in this position.

That “never discuss compensation” thing never works.
The first thing guys do is compare notes.
Been that way forever.

I got hired at a job in 1974 for $1.90 an hour.
I told my equally qualified buddy to come down and apply.
They hired him at $2.00 an hour.
I was pissed - but at that point realized that my buddy had been a better negotiator than I was.
10 yrs later we all laughed about it when I was running the shop.
Yes, you need know your worth, and to learn to negotiate better.

The place I referenced earlier hired a department head since I wasn't licensed. After a year, they gave him a review. He comes back in to our office, slams his clipboard on the desk and asks me " Did you know you were getting paid more than me this whole time?"

I giggled, shrugged my shoulders, said "nope none of my business... Guess you need to learn how to negotiate better 😉"

We got a lot of mileage out of that in the coming years. 🤣😂😝

Working for a place that discourages discussing pay rates is just one step away from wanting you to sign a non-compete clause. Both issues are red flags.

Yeah I’m a real asshole because I can’t force people to hire me...you apply and don’t hear shit, you call they don’t want to talk(and have no clue who you are), hearing the same thing from a bunch of people here.

My old positions been open since they forced me out, they constantly ran off employees while I was there. I don’t want to be in this position.

Deersniper is hiring. I think he has some kind of a farm. You'll have to provide your own ball gag though.

I worked for a large Pulp and Paper/Building Products corporation. We recognized about 8 years ago that "labor" was going to be a huge issue as most of our work force in the manufacturing sites - engineers and line workers - were over 50 and that workers were not working until 65. Most workers were leaving well before 65. This was way before the Chinese Virus. Huge move toward "automation" - not just "robots" but advanced process control, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and so on. As workers retired (including me) they were not replaced - those jobs are never coming back.

Reactions: deersniper
This thread is full of examples of why America is on the decline.

A welfare state can’t compete with nations full of people that work.
If the corrupt government works to hamstring businesses and the people that work for them by first shutting them down due to a bio-weapon pandemic they created and doubling the cost of materials or make them unavailable altogether, then nobody works. Everyone becomes government welfare dependent and just like that, a socialist country replaces America.

Lets get real, a communist regime stole the 2020 election and overthrew the government. Did people think America would continue as a 1st world country under capitalism?

Last edited:
America is on the decline.

America was rocking and rolling just a couple years ago with Trump in charge.

If the corrupt government works to hamstring businesses and the people that work for them by first shutting them down due to a bio-weapon pandemic they created and doubling the cost of materials or make them unavailable altogether, then nobody works. Everyone becomes government welfare dependent and just like that, a socialist country replaces America.

Lets get real, a communist regime stole the 2020 election and overthrew the government. Did people think America would continue as a 1st world country under capitalism?

Exactly.

Like someone else said we're back to "Let's Make America a Shithole Again".

What is your claim to Fame, where are you located

Depends on what you are applying for.

Construction its very hard to find good people right now. Oil is boom or bust, right now it's probably not as good as it was a few years ago.

IT industry hiring has always been loads of bullshit.

Auto mechanics are in demand but you have to be very careful where you hang your hat.

Whenever things were really slow for me in the past I'd take a warehouse job boxing and shipping stuff. It used to be a more easygoing industry with 12-15$ to start but nowadays with the push for instant shipping everything it is probably a hellish existence.

Retail and Restaurant? They always need people and they always treat em like shit. Port of Last Resort imho.

Reactions: JakeM

There aren't many multi-craft technicians in my area. When I got fed up and left my last job, they had to hire 4 people to replace me. An electrician, a mechanic, a machinist, and a welder. I used to maintain the factory floor on graveyard shift all by myself. Now they were forced to put 3 technicians on the back shift just to have enough skill on hand.

I left with an enormous amount of tribal knowledge about the place. Its going to take the average replacement 3-5 years or more to gain that knowledge. Stupidity should and has cost them dearly.

Last edited:

I understand this.

I sent in an amazing/over qualified resume, they called back saying it was awesome and that I would be the first person they called when they had an opening ( which would be soon because some people where leaving out ).
After some months go by, and the only contact has been me getting ahold of them. They say that the positions have been filled but they would call when they need me.
Months go by and again I reach out to see if they still need me, they say that some people are about to leave and I can call them around December.
At that point I just got another job that was closer to me and payed way better.

Like anything this problem is multi faceted. I’ve seen people being lazy asses where I’m at now, and I’ve seen company leadership be absolutely horrible at other places.

This thread is full of examples of why America is on the decline.

A welfare state can’t compete with nations full of people that work.
Nearly 80,000,000 people in this country are on some sort of welfare.

But the idea that they don’t work is false.

What many people do is work jobs that (irs wise)keep them below the poverty line so they still receive benefits. Basically, what I’m saying is a lot of these people are hiding their income, paying less in taxes so they qualify for benefits. Then take cash payments for work anlong with their government taxed paycheck.

Or just work a bs job and get benifits and eek by.

Instead of getting bent over by the man, they feel like they are sticking it to him sticking it to him. So that is another place all the employees are, riding those hand out and gaming the system. But most are working...

Fyi- the only Government hand out I have taken where the stimulus checks handed out during covid. Saved them used them to buy a POF Revolution. After watching a republican president in-act one of the largest social giveaways. My concern grew... greatly.

Fyi this country was founded on the Idea of avoiding taxes, yet millions of Employers do it every pay role, they gripe and bitch... but keep doing it.

This country NEEDS another Tea Part

I bet the top 10-20% of the highly skilled workers that said no to the masks and clotshots have dropped out to either semi-retirement or a side hustle. Once they see the side hustle take off strong and become the main hustle, they aren’t coming back to the regular workforce.

The clot shot thing is purposely mandated to fuck up every company with more than 100 people. Only employed workers are being forced to make a choice. Welfare, postal workers, and a big list of others are exempt for some reason.... so it’s not about health.

Another issue is that in heavy industry a lot of equipment including process control systems are old - essentially antique. As senior employees leave they CANNOT be replaced as no one knows how to work with the antique equipment. Large companies have to pay large capital $$ for equipment upgrades or hire the greybeards as "consultants" to keep the antique equipment running. Can't outsource to India or bring in new talent from the trade schools etc. as they no idea how to maintain 20+ year old equipment.

I bet the top 10-20% of the highly skilled workers that said no to the masks and clotshots have dropped out to either semi-retirement or a side hustle. Once they see the side hustle take off strong and become the main hustle, they aren’t coming back to the regular workforce.

Some people go nuts trying to run their own show, other people love it. For me my own business was heaven, except for the occasional employee drama.

Nearly 80,000,000 people in this country are on some sort of welfare.

But the idea that they don’t work is false.

What many people do is work jobs that (irs wise)keep them below the poverty line so they still receive benefits. Basically, what I’m saying is a lot of these people are hiding their income, paying less in taxes so they qualify for benefits. Then take cash payments for work anlong with their government taxed paycheck.

Or just work a bs job and get benifits and eek by.

Instead of getting bent over by the man, they feel like they are sticking it to him sticking it to him. So that is another place all the employees are, riding those hand out and gaming the system. But most are working...

Fyi- the only Government hand out I have taken where the stimulus checks handed out during covid. Saved them used them to buy a POF Revolution. After watching a republican president in-act one of the largest social giveaways. My concern grew... greatly.

Fyi this country was founded on the Idea of avoiding taxes, yet millions of Employers do it every pay role, they gripe and bitch... but keep doing it.

This country NEEDS another Tea Part

I don't blame the benefits I blame bad management. Trump was in there and wages were going up, unemployment was low, now we have the professionals in charge and they doing everything they can to run us straight into the dirt.