• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are my 3 gunners at?

School is still killing my time on the range, have a defensive pistol match to attend this upcoming Saturday, and just found the mutha fucking holy grail of PCCs and snatched it up in a quickness. Zenith Z-5P
??? only been trying to get one since 2015 so no big deal. No plans to Form 1 it until I leave NC. Concealed carry doesn’t allow for anything concealed other than a “handgun” in NC, so the S&B Tactical folding brace is gonna be on it for awhile. Super stoked about this find.

I always get a strange impulse to spend money every time I see an MP5 clone. They're sweet blasters for sure. Pics when you get it!

I always get a strange impulse to spend money every time I see an MP5 clone. They're sweet blasters for sure. Pics when you get it!
Man I’ve waiting my whole damn life to get a subgun like this, and I’m just ecstatic. Already picked up a thousand rounds to put through it ASAP. Hoping it is as good as all the other Zenith firearms have been reported as. Definitely will send pics and what not when it gets here.

70 degrees and sunny today so practice was happening, especially since snow is coming this week.
400 rounds of rifle and pistol downrange, working on a little bit of everything to get ready for my first match of the season this Sunday.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Anyone here have a Razor 1-6 with the JM-1 reticle? I’ve been dicking around with budget optics and want to upgrade.

Most of my squad buddies have the JM-1 Razors. There's a reason they are probably the most popular 3 gun scope ever, good glass, bright dot and bombproof. In theory I don't care for the reticle but in practice it works just fine.

Most of my squad buddies have the JM-1 Razors. There's a reason they are probably the most popular 3 gun scope ever, good glass, bright dot and bombproof. In theory I don't care for the reticle but in practice it works just fine.
I think the argument against a BDC reticle is having various ammo line up with the holds.. but that is what StrelokPro is for. Run your dope and get the proper holds. The more I look into the JM-1 the more I think I’m going to pull the trigger on one.

I really love the Swarovski BRT-I, Kahles 3GR and C-More TJ1I reticles because they are all simple BDC rets with a few windage hashes but with a bright enough dot that you never see the baby tree reticle unless you're looking for it.

I say the JM-1 works great in practice if not in theory is because most of my longer range shooting is done at home at 4-500yds in high winds and the wind marks help a lot. But in matches I've never shot past 400 in any tornadoes...

Said screw it this morning and pulled the trigger on one. Now I have to get a mount. Any issues with the Aero Precision Ultralight mounts? I have a Geissele mount for another scope but I still can’t say if the juice was worth the squeeze. The Aero mounts seem solid and sub $100.

Mocked up my new upper. The receiver is just a place holder.

Attachments

• 87882F11-A8E4-477D-91A5-8ACB67938D2E.jpeg
    87882F11-A8E4-477D-91A5-8ACB67938D2E.jpeg
    903.4 KB · Views: 36
15".. Yes 15" Stretch Precision barrel. They made a small batch of them a while ago at the request of one of their shooters and ultimately clearanced them out. The BCG is a lightweight one from Aim Surplus and weighs in at a hefty 8.9 ounces on my scale.
I have my lower set up with the Taccom carbine buffer and spring.
Edited to add that the gas length is intermediate.

I almost bought one of the Stretch15's. A month after they sold out my Stretch16 kicked the bucket. Had it paired with the same Taccom goodies and JP low mass carrier and it was almost indistinguishable from the same rifle with a rifle length gas system.
I've also got one of the Aim BCG's in one of my sons rifles, aside from the key coming loose at about 1500 rounds I've been impressed for the price.
You ever try an aluminum carrier?

I almost bought one of the Stretch15's. A month after they sold out my Stretch16 kicked the bucket. Had it paired with the same Taccom goodies and JP low mass carrier and it was almost indistinguishable from the same rifle with a rifle length gas system.
I've also got one of the Aim BCG's in one of my sons rifles, aside from the key coming loose at about 1500 rounds I've been impressed for the price.
You ever try an aluminum carrier?
I haven't yet and don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze to run an aluminum carrier.

What does everyone think about "swing weight"? The upper I built is rather heavy but feels fine when shouldered sans loaded mag and optic. The upper receiver I used is a chunk of aluminum. Seriously.

I tried an aluminum carrier and it was the greatest thing since sliced bread for a few months. Then it started acting weird and started needing the gas to be turned up regularly to keep from short stroking. For reasons I can't fathom I then took it to a major match and had it completely fail on me. Turned out the bore was so reamed out after about 3500 rounds that there was no gas ring seal. Put the JP back in and realized I wasn't gaining that much performance and that the short lifespan wasn't worth it to me.

Reactions: 021411
What does everyone think about "swing weight"?
I like a 9-10lb rifle with optic. I built one 7lbs and its just too jittery and fast pairs are a lot further apart. My PCC is around 5lbs and I could see why a person would like that for USPSA type stages with 90% of the targets inside 10 yards, but it's kinda unstable for much else.

I’m bored. Anyone reload for 3 gun? I don’t for 223 rifle ammo and shotgun but I do reload 9mm. Been shooting 147’s at 900 FPS. I think I’m going to test out some 125gr Hornady HAP boolits next weekend with some Titegroup.

I load 9mm and 223 for 3 gun.
9mm is 135gr BBI's with 3.1gr of Titegroup, something like 950fps. Cost is around $110 per 1k.
223 light load is 21gr of AA2200 under whatever cheap 55gr FMJ's I found recently with CCI400's for about 2550fps. Cost is about $180 per 1k. My mid/long range load changes regularly because I have bullet ADHD.

Last edited:
Yup, it's the only way. Pretty leisurely pace with the Dillon 550 will get you 400 rounds an hour.

Yup, it's the only way. Pretty leisurely pace with the Dillon 550 will get you 400 rounds an hour.
Nice. Since I’m only doing 9mm I’ve been using a SDB which is fine for the amount I load. I’ll eventually get something else (550) later this year. I’m in dire need of another bench though.

Picked up my M2 this morning. Compared to my M3K it’s like throwing a hotdog down a hallway now. Got some Muller chokes too.

Attachments

• 0DE01AD1-C470-41A9-B9B7-0A4A2F4D4E74.jpeg
    0DE01AD1-C470-41A9-B9B7-0A4A2F4D4E74.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 04A402B9-D8AF-4956-95B7-2F24CD6C3686.jpeg
    04A402B9-D8AF-4956-95B7-2F24CD6C3686.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 27
What’s the range on the spreader?
Not sure yet, hopefully I'll get some testing time in this weekend between snowfalls.
Last match a guy I squadded with was using the match as a testbed for his new spreader choke, so I was keeping an eye on how it performed. He kept it in the whole time even when he thought it wasn't going to work. I was surprised at how well it did on distant steel, hopefully I have similar results.

Last edited:
I’m headed to Briley in the morning to pick up some stuff. Hmmm maybe I’ll grab their diffuser while I’m there.

Match day is tomorrow so I went to the indoor range to attempt to pattern the new chokes I bought the other day. The range limited me to 10 yards with the shotgun for whatever reason. Maybe to keep from blasting other targets. Who knows.. Anyway I got an idea of how it’ll behave.

The targets are labeled with the choke I used.
1 1/8 7.5 1250 FPS
21” barrel M2

Attachments

• 9262ADEE-6DDB-40E2-B8A7-1CD43C7DC588.jpeg
    9262ADEE-6DDB-40E2-B8A7-1CD43C7DC588.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 0793136C-5B87-4D23-BDD7-35521F8D9CBC.jpeg
    0793136C-5B87-4D23-BDD7-35521F8D9CBC.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 04E36D25-1B05-42F9-B840-D35EA866D9BE.jpeg
    04E36D25-1B05-42F9-B840-D35EA866D9BE.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I also did a little patterning today. A bit disappointed that at 10yds my Cylinder puts +90% of pellets in 14" diameter. The Spreader does 12".
At 20 yards things looked more like I was expecting. Cyl was 22-24", SP was 28-30"

At 10 yards, the bulk of the Briley LM pellets are roughly 7”. The Muller Hoser is 11” and the Far model is 5”. Again, super rough numbers.

Nope. I just assumed it would because other companies diffusion chokes are. Not many options for my choke thread pattern though.

Apparently my google-fu was weak when I first searched, just found that Briley does indeed make a rifled diffusion for my Beretta.

Today’s match had a lot of shotgun in it and I noticed that my strong hand began to strain midway through. Some thoughts.. either the M2 grip angle is wrong and the recoil is adding to the strain, the fit is off, or I’m just gripping it wrong.

Not my hand but the area where I’m feeling strain. Even right now shouldering my shotgun I can feel the strain.

Attachments

• EA919DA3-A267-4833-889C-ACA9AB7440E3.jpeg
    EA919DA3-A267-4833-889C-ACA9AB7440E3.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 25
I figured out why I was getting pain. My wrist was taking all the weight when I was rolling the shotgun over to load. Gonna pinch the stock more with my arm to support the weight. With that said, I do need to get the stock shortened to have a 13” LOP.

I’m currently setting up my secondary gaming shotgun which is an M3K. God bless MOA for making a Magpul stock adapter. I have just one added spacer and it’s night and day on comfort. I have some other MOA stuff coming in to help with cycling weaker shot shells.

Attachments

• 9AD5382B-0797-4B53-8BF7-FA8367F145D1.jpeg
    9AD5382B-0797-4B53-8BF7-FA8367F145D1.jpeg
    650.4 KB · Views: 32