• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are my 3 gunners at?

The nice little weld at the bottom is a perfect fragment redirector. It'll be redirected your way.

It shouldn't be bad from that distance but I bet you'll still get a tickle occasionally. I still use mine but only when I'm alone for liability reasons.

Reactions: 021411
What do you do when you’re single af? Use the oven and bake a barrel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 48
Turned out ok. I need to burnish the Cerakote with 0000 steel wool to smoothen the texture. Anyway here it is against real TiN. Close enough for me.

Attachments

• 6C7DF0E4-8C1B-4569-9FA6-FC5DADC97161.jpeg
    6C7DF0E4-8C1B-4569-9FA6-FC5DADC97161.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 45
Gold!!! The glass and brake are place holders. Not sure what I want to run glass wise but I do have an APA The Answer en route. Can’t wait to dump this thing in barrels.

Attachments

• C362D0C5-3005-45E7-A4DF-763482E6744F.jpeg
    C362D0C5-3005-45E7-A4DF-763482E6744F.jpeg
    645.4 KB · Views: 53
Had a club match today. 40 degrees and rain all day. I swear I'm rapidly getting worse at 3 gun, couldn't hit shit with my pistol, I'm talking full magazines on 8yd plate racks. Got home and went 1 for 1 on mine at 25yds. SMH...

Had a club match today. 40 degrees and rain all day. I swear I'm rapidly getting worse at 3 gun, couldn't hit shit with my pistol, I'm talking full magazines on 8yd plate racks. Got home and went 1 for 1 on mine at 25yds. SMH...
Seems like all goes to shit when you hear the beep. I’ll do a walk through and game the shit out of a stage before hand and then all hell breaks loose. I’ve missed a whole array of targets. Like totally failed to engage. That kind of miss..

We've all been there. I've managed to get my memorization down to where its been a long time since I forgot a target but every match I manage to invent a new problem. Today most of my issue was that I dressed light because the weather man lied. My fingers were numb before the first shot fired and it affected everything. Stage two we had to go prone in ankle deep mud, made for some interesting shotgun loading later in the stage...

Only got video from most of stage 1. It's worth posting just to see the mud flying. This was the driest stage all day.

Almost shot my rifle stock with my shotgun too.

Damn my ass would have slipped a few times. What shells are you using? Man I need a gas driven shotgun.

I saw several guys go down while shooting and just as many while resetting. I almost had a shoe get sucked off and nearly did the splits a few times.
Still just using the pink Federal ammo, with the exception of the slug at the start.

I saw several guys go down while shooting and just as many while resetting. I almost had a shoe get sucked off.
Still just using the pink Federal ammo, with the exception of the slug at the start.

Yeah F all that slip and slide stuff.

Couldn't tell if the shells were pink for some reason. Maybe it's my monitor. Speaking of recoil, I picked up my M2 barrel from Briley this morning. I had the forcing cone lengthened. I hope it cuts a little of the recoil down while tightening up the pattern. I'm not a bitch but it's whatever lol. It'll do until I get a gas one.

Yeah F all that slip and slide stuff.
Thats gonna be my new stance from here on out. Way too many guys on their ass today.

Can't say I've heard of many guys wanting to move from the gold standard M2.

I've had my M2 for about 10 years now. I just want to try something new that's all.

Took the shorty to the range this AM as configured to tune the gas block. I've never ran a lightweight BCG or lightweight buffer setup on a carbine length gas SBR before. Surprisingly the rifle stayed super flat with the SiCo ASR brake and there was hardly any perceived recoil or push on the shoulder. It almost felt like shooting an air gun. Other than the super ridiculous blast and flame, I think this is going to be a really fast setup.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Fingered a buddies 13.5" gun yesterday. I see a shorty in my future.
Triac Systems has decent looking barrels. 12.5" and even 13.9". From what I've read, their Track 2.0 barrels give a small boost in velocity. Now I want to build another that will split the difference between the 10.3" and 15" that I run.

The Answer came in and it’s a lot smaller than it looked online. It’s also on the money at 2.2 ounces which pretty damn light. I think my SJC was around 5 ounces. I’ll tune it later this week to see how flat I can keep the reticle.
Also for grins I took through the glass pics with the Razor and Primary Arms 1-6 since it was nice out.

Attachments

• C3E705EB-8E15-48E6-9A1A-31AF05C78DAC.jpeg
    C3E705EB-8E15-48E6-9A1A-31AF05C78DAC.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 47
  • D7F027FF-BAE0-4D39-A252-CDDECB03E021.jpeg
    D7F027FF-BAE0-4D39-A252-CDDECB03E021.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 22A22558-2513-4425-9126-3B48F473342E.jpeg
    22A22558-2513-4425-9126-3B48F473342E.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 71630E66-1540-4F1C-9AAA-81EB134D4BC1.jpeg
    71630E66-1540-4F1C-9AAA-81EB134D4BC1.jpeg
    530.3 KB · Views: 43
Will do. Plan on hitting the range Fri morning to give the M2 a workout as well. Barrel is back from Briley forcing cone work and my shortened stock arrives Wed from C-Rums.

Got a little pistol practice in today. Simple drill, three arrays of three 5" plates, closest at about 8yds furthest at 15ish. The left and right arrays are taken from a moderate wall lean and the center is taken while moving. I realize it would probably be faster to stand and deliver but thats not the point. Did that a few times then threw in mag changes after the first array.

Been sick all week and got out of the house as planned.
So.. I’m REALLY liking The Answer. On video they look the same but I do notice more “recoil” on the SJC.
I’m shooting an SBR obviously so a little blast is felt on my support hand.

I shot the SJC a little slower but you can still see it work.
Also got some shotgun work in. The knockdowns were 3” set at 12-18 yards near to far. The Müller Hoser choke started to run out of steam at 18 yards or so but i expected that.
I also discovered that my M2 can cycle 980 FPS shells.

Last edited:
Damn that looks awfully flat for a shorty. You mess with the tuning screws much?

Damn that looks awfully flat for a shorty. You mess with the tuning screws much?
Yeah it’s flat. I made sure I wasn’t death gripping the handguard to demonstrate. It was a nice and relaxed hold.

I guess I should start with the specs.
10.3” BA Hanson profile
SLR adj gas block
Brownells LW BCG (8.2 oz)
Taccom LW buffer setup
American Eagle 55gr 223

I was fiddle fucking with bunch of stuff and didn’t really have time to fine tune it. I started with all the set screws in and it seemed like it shot really flat. I didn’t pay attention to the reticle at the time.
I then unscrewed the left and right ports nearest to the barrel shoulder and it felt like it was pushing the barrel down as I was watching the reticle. It’s not a forceful shove or anything I even noticed by feel. Felt flat and follow up shots were easy.
After that I plugged them back and unscrewed the left and right at the muzzle end. Now I could see the reticle move up a smidge which was weird but I think APA said that the ports closest to the shoulder provide more downforce. Again nothing you could actually feel. I think when I have time I’m going to mess with the center ports and see if I can find a sweet spot.

A handy muzzle brake test is to shoot a single paper target at say 10 yards. Fire 8-10 pairs at it, being careful to have a neutral hold and make sure the first shot is centered every time. Make sure the pairs are fast, no second sight picture. You'll see a trend of where the second shot goes. Then dick around with the tuning ports and do it again!

Decided to do the above described brake test today, its been awhile and I've changed some things since last time.
Went straight to 25yds and fired 8 pairs.
20190518_191836.jpg

So 6 of the 8 pairs stayed within 6" of POA. No real pattern this time, other than the one to the left things are tracking pretty much vertically. I've had this a lot tighter in the past when I was practicing it more, not sure if I'll devote more time to this or work on lower hanging fruit.

Just for giggles I stepped back to 50yds and shot 5 pairs. I was surprised by the results.
20190518_192513.jpg

Hard to see in the picture but all ten shots aren't spread a whole lot more than at 25yds. I'm guessing it's because I wasn't trying real hard because my expectations were low.

I’m going to dedicate 3 hours of my life next Saturday dialing in the brake on the shorty. I’m almost tempted to swap the Razor to it since it shoots so well and make it my full time rig. Far targets be damned. I’ll make them fly and true.

You gonna get the little guy in front of a chrono? I'm curious what kind of velocities you'll get.

Anyone here shoot another disciplines? Although not popular, I want to start shooting single stack division.

Crickets.......

I'm thinking it's just you and I in this thread these days.
@DaleGribble82 where you been?
Apologies gents been doing finals, and getting after it! Finals are done got a big few weeks of shooting coming up, and have been practicing for my USPSA Classifier coming up this Saturday. Placed 7th at my last 3 gun match again ? funny how that works. Also shot a State IDPA match a few weeks again and placed 6th overall in SSP for unclassified shooters.

Anyone here shoot another disciplines? Although not popular, I want to start shooting single stack division.
I’ve been looking at getting into single stack but I do not have a 9mm single stack so was thinking of taking up CDP in IDPA instead. My Les Baer is more than up for the challenge.

I’ve been looking at getting into single stack but I do not have a 9mm single stack so was thinking of taking up CDP in IDPA instead. My Les Baer is more than up for the challenge.
I’m looking at getting a 40 cal single stack built. Nothing fancy. Just functional. Or be lazy and just reload 45 ACP and make them shoot at 165 PF. I have plenty of 45’s I can use.

For some odd reason I haven’t been getting any notifications to activity on this thread ?

If you don't respond to any notifications after certain time period you will stop getting them fyi. Good on you for finals get that graduate degree now and quit playing in the amateurs?

Reactions: DaleGribble82
If you don't respond to any notifications after certain time period you will stop getting them fyi. Good on you for finals get that graduate degree now and quit playing in the amateurs?
I’m working on it 8 classes left to complete undergrad then I’ll be applying at University of Louisville for grad school.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Lets see if we can get a serious conversation about 3 gun going here. As much as I love talking about gear I want to see if anyone else has opinions on something thats been bothering me lately. This is a copy/paste of a thread I started elsewhere:

Death Stars are stupid, change my mind

I've been feeling pretty melancholic about 3 gun lately without being able to put my finger on why. Then a couple days back it hit me. Here's a short story to explain my theory.

So while trying to explain to someone what 3 gun was I stumbled onto some YouTube videos of the 3 Gun Nation episodes from a few years back. Damn those looked like fun stages, no wonder I had to try 3 gun myself. Feeling nostalgic about my first couple years I ended up watching my old stage videos. More awesome looking stages that I'd love to shoot again.

There were basically two match styles in my area at the time. Wannabe 3GN matches, lots of targets, lots of movement, aerial clays, hoser paper as far as the eye could see. Then there were the Saturday USPSA matches turned into Sunday 3 gun by adding more targets, further targets, dump barrels and clays. Lots of movement, lots of walls, tons of activated targets (clamshells, drop turners etc.) even a few memory stages.

But conspicuously absent were circus targets. Death stars, polish plate racks, etc. When the stage designer wanted to make you work he threw in no-shoots, hidden targets, hard leans or low ports. All good challenging stuff that kept it from being a complete hose fest.

Now stage designs seem to consist of go here and shoot some targets then DEATH STAR! It seems that good stage design went out the window with the advent of circus stuff as the centerpiece of every stage. And once one match bought some spinny shit they all had to have them. When thats not an option the next best thing to slow everyone down is walls of 4" 25 yard pistol steel, maybe a 100 yard offhand skinny sammy. Hard to have fun shooting fast when you find yourself in a bullseye match.

Maybe I'm just being whiny or maybe this lack of stage creativity is just a regional thing, possibly caused by burnt out or understaffed match directors. I didn't get into 3 gun to shoot circus targets or precision pistol stuff. I want to drag race with guns.

Last edited:
Lets see if we can get a serious conversation about 3 gun going here. As much as I love talking about gear I want to see if anyone else has opinions on something that been bothering me lately. This is a copy/paste of a thread I started elsewhere:

Death Stars are stupid, change my mind

I've been feeling pretty melancholic about 3 gun lately without being able to put my finger on why. Then a couple days back it hit me. Here's a short story to explain my theory.

So while trying to explain to someone what 3 gun was I stumbled onto some YouTube videos of the 3 Gun Nation episodes from a few years back. Damn those looked like fun stages, no wonder I had to try 3 gun myself. Feeling nostalgic about my first couple years I ended up watching my old stage videos. More awesome looking stages that I'd love to shoot again.

There were basically two match styles in my area at the time. Wannabe 3GN matches, lots of targets, lots of movement, aerial clays, hoser paper as far as the eye could see. Then there were the Saturday USPSA matches turned into Sunday 3 gun by adding more targets, further targets, dump barrels and clays. Lots of movement, lots of walls, tons of activated targets (clamshells, drop turners etc.) even a few memory stages.

But conspicuously absent were circus targets. Death stars, polish plate racks, etc. When the stage designer wanted to make you work he threw in no-shoots, hidden targets, hard leans or low ports. All good challenging stuff that kept it from being a complete hose fest.

Now stage designs seem to consist of go here and shoot some targets then DEATH STAR! It seems that good stage design went out the window with the advent of circus stuff as the centerpiece of every stage. And once one match bought some spinny shit they all had to have them. When thats not an option the next best thing to slow everyone down is walls of 4" 25 yard pistol steel, maybe a 100 yard offhand skinny sammy. Hard to have fun shooting fast when you find yourself in a bullseye match.

Maybe I'm just being whiny or maybe this lack of stage creativity is just a regional thing, possibly caused by burnt out or understaffed match directors. I didn't get into 3 gun to shoot circus targets or precision pistol stuff. I want to drag race with guns.
Agree 1,000% I didn’t get into 3 gun to go out to a match and engage 10 inch plates at 700m if I wanted to do that I’d go to a fucking PRS match. Nor do I care to drag around a skedco with a body in it, then climb a rope, jump over a wall. I want to shoot. I’m not opposed to those types of stages but they are getting out of hand like you stated. Would much rather focus on shooting and not fuckery