• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Where can I go online to find a new M1A Springfield Loaded 22"? And what Scope?

RollinsTx

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
Conroe, TX
Hey guys.

After alot of research I want to invest in a Springfield M1A Loaded 22" rifle. Its historic and a beautiful rifle.
I also wanna try out the .308 win round. Any ideas on a scope?

Thanks Guys!

If you do go Springfield, do not buy their scope mount. I had Sadlak when I scoped mine. Bassett is also good to go. But if you want it scoped, LRB M25 is your best bet. And a stock with an adjustable cheek.

You might have some luck finding one on M14forum.com

Last edited:
2hxyc1x.jpg

+1 on the Bassett. This is their low picatinny mount on a Nat'l match Springfield. The scope is a Ziess 4.5-14. Really like this setup.

If you're not too worried about money the LRB M14 SA is the best one out there I think. I scoped mine with an ART II and it shoots like crazy. The M 25 would be a very good choice if you are going to keep it permantly mounted. I picked up one for the right price and accurized it and installed the ART and it's my favorite. Shoots weel even with cheap ammo and a stock chrome line GI bbl.

Not sure about where to find a new one, but buying used isn't always a bad idea...

I prefer the ARMS 18 mount, it's the lowest mount u can buy for the m14 platform. I don't care for the other mounts because they really increase the scope height making it impossible to get a fair cheek weld without a riser.
With the ARMS mount u can see your sights over the rail. They are hard to find but the old split rail version is better than the newer full rail.
I also like ARMS 22 low rings with that combination. As far as a scope, go for a Leupold mk 4 or a vortex viper, don't get a huge objective lens... No bigger than 44