• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Where is your back in a Bar, Restaurant, Coffee Shop or Café?

When I'm in a bar, restaurant, coffee shop or cafe I like to sit...

• with my back against the wall looking toward the entrance(s).

Votes: 29 20.0%
  • where I can see the entrances but not necessarily with my back against a wall.

Votes: 71 49.0%
  • where I can see the most likely entrance that a threat would enter for more than one doorway.

Votes: 29 20.0%
  • If I'm with someone who is just as alert, or armed as I am, then it doesn't matter.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Any of the above.

Votes: 27 18.6%
  • anywhere. I am not worried about unexpected threats in places that I patronize.

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Other... Please explain below.

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
OK, I said I'd rather not get hit from behind so I like to see a lot of the room if I can, & I can't believe the alterior motive hasn't come up.

Watching wimmins. Mexican restaurant I eat at has a slender little waitress with a killer butt. If I'm seated well I get to watch her walk away several times a night as well as seeing any other PYT that might walk through the door.

Year's ago, I was in a Louisiana titty bar with my air crew looking at some dismal women and drinking piss warm beer. So we are sitting watching ugly women dance poorly to shitty music and swing their flapjack boobs off count to the music. About two pitchers into it, a guy walks over and claps me on the shoulder and says, "Where you guys from?" I reply, "Mather AFB, California." Not even the truth but who fucking cares.

Well the fucker steps back and says, "How about I beat your ass?" I gave him a second to be sure and said, "If you want a shot at the title, go for it", and stood up. I'm 6'2", 230 and spent my formative years working at a 500 seat bar in Florida, so yeah I've fucked up a few drunk assholes in my life. Mr. 5'7" is taken aback at this prospect and says, "My friend is going to kick your ass too." Now he is not looking so willing to kick my ass. His buddy is 6'3" 275 pounds and looks soft, I'm still good to go. He buddy shouts over, "Man, I got no problem with you, do what you need too." So asshole is all quiet now, then he apologizes and heads quietly for his chair.

The flying assholes sitting across from me are staring at me wide eyed. I asked them no to sit in the dead ass middle of the room with their backs to every redneck in the place. I told Captain America sitting across from me that if that fucker or any other cocksucker in this bar walked up behind me and crack my skull with a beer glass, pitcher or bottle and he did not yell a warning before it happened I'd beat his ass all the way back to California, even if we were not from there.

So yeah, in this and any other time in history, I sit where I can see the doors, fire exits, kitchen doors and/or restrooms if at all possible. I anticipate doing this until I am so old I cannot fight back and am simply hoping for a meal or two before I die.

story time

Not much to tell. In my younger days I was real thin and an easy target. The really brave assholes would come up from behind or try to surprise me with a sucker punch.

I would lead with my left a lot of times and at other times, I would lead with my chin.

I found out that a lot of big guys have glass jaws and some of them cannot tolerate pain. In other words, they used their size to intimidate and bully but when someone, big or little, connects with their dental work or busts their nose, they cannot take it.

Reactions: geek65
Blend in, watch the door and surroundings. If I'm with my family, I'm going to be armed, so drinking is out. I tell my kids to be kind to everyone they meet, but have a plan to kill them.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Not much to tell. In my younger days I was real thin and an easy target. The really brave assholes would come up from behind or try to surprise me with a sucker punch.

I would lead with my left a lot of times and at other times, I would lead with my chin.

I found out that a lot of big guys have glass jaws and some of them cannot tolerate pain. In other words, they used their size to intimidate and bully but when someone, big or little, connects with their dental work or busts their nose, they cannot take it.
so people in your highschool would just target you because you were thin?
where the fuck did you grow up? how was that even a thing?

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
so people in your highschool would just target you because you were thin?
where the fuck did you grow up? how was that even a thing?

So what's your story? Do you always like to analyze someone else's life history?

Could one of you deplorables help me. I'm lost.

I thought I was in the bear pit?

I bet I hold some kind of record for getting beat up in high school.

I can't feel responsible that the roided up football players (they handed it out like candy back then) picked whores as girlfriends.

wrong question.

do people see me coming? :ROFLMAO:

i am on the small side, and i have a big friend that would sometimes try to get me into fights because he liked watching them or some shit.
he'd walk over to them and say "that dude over there said he can kick your ass".
of course i would have no idea...

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
So what's your story? Do you always like to analyze someone else's life history?
I guess you could say that.. yes. I like to learn from other peoples mistakes, not to say I haven’t made a few.
I was scrawny in high school too, late bloomer. I figured out that people who got the shit kicked out of them always did something to instigate it. This is why I question someone kicking your ass just BECAUSE you were scrawny. Just doesn’t add up. My guess is your mouth was writing checks your ass couldn’t cash. At least, that’s been my life experience.

I guess you could say that.. yes. I like to learn from other peoples mistakes, not to say I haven’t made a few.
I was scrawny in high school too, late bloomer. I figured out that people who got the shit kicked out of them always did something to instigate it. This is why I question someone kicking your ass just BECAUSE you were scrawny. Just doesn’t add up. My guess is your mouth was writing checks your ass couldn’t cash. At least, that’s been my life experience.
Glad to hear bullying never existed

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't get into scraps because of my mouth. My parents meant well with their advice to always walk away from a fight.

When I was younger, I tried that. However, as you might know, if you walk away, it can get worse. So along with being skinny I walked away and they thought I was a coward and it got worse.

A change in me occurred at age 14. I started going after the POS bullies after I knocked a few on their asses. The big guys had glass jaws.

That didn't mean it stopped completely. It meant that the bad guys knew that I was dangerous if I was facing them. So behind the back attacks became their preferred tactic.

I saw some of that when I left home.

Nowadays my excitement is going to a shooting range on a sunny day. Other than that it is sitting in a coffee shop reading a good book or newspaper.

So your assertion that my mouth was writing checks to get my ass kicked is completely wrong.

Every place is different- the location, the layout, the clientele, all factor into the decision on where to sit.

Is it an old corner bar with no windows?
If windows, how big and are they accessible if need smashing for egress?
One customer entrance in and out?
Is there a doorman/bouncer?
How many employees near the register, and are they deliberate men, or just male and female sheep?
Just a bar and stools?
Tables and chairs?
Booths?
Are there arcade machines, pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, and where, front or back?
Is the place well lit outside? Inside?
Does the place have any history of robbery, shootings, etc?
Is it a mob run business, and if so do they have a butcher's saw in back?

Paranoid Personality Disorder​

The Paranoid Personality Disorder* is characterized by a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of other people.

• People with this disorder assume that others are out to harm them, take advantage of them, or humiliate them in some way.
  • They put a lot of effort into protecting themselves and keeping their distance from others.
  • They are known to preemptively attack others whom they feel threatened by.
  • They tend to hold grudges, are litigious, and display pathological jealously.
  • Distorted thinking is evident. Their perception of the environment includes reading malevolent intentions into genuinely harmless, innocuous comments or behavior, and dwelling on past slights.
    • For these reasons, they do not confide in others and do not allow themselves to develop close relationships.
  • Their emotional life tends to be dominated by distrust and hostility.
A dissertation of covid believers MO ^^^.

R

Reactions: Threadcutter308

Paranoid Personality Disorder​

The Paranoid Personality Disorder* is characterized by a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of other people.

• People with this disorder assume that others are out to harm them, take advantage of them, or humiliate them in some way.
  • They put a lot of effort into protecting themselves and keeping their distance from others.
  • They are known to preemptively attack others whom they feel threatened by.
  • They tend to hold grudges, are litigious, and display pathological jealously.
  • Distorted thinking is evident. Their perception of the environment includes reading malevolent intentions into genuinely harmless, innocuous comments or behavior, and dwelling on past slights.
    • For these reasons, they do not confide in others and do not allow themselves to develop close relationships.
  • Their emotional life tends to be dominated by distrust and hostility.
Description fits my brother to a "T". Oh, and he's an asshole too.......

Late 60's Dallas.
We had moved to a quiet working class neighborhood from one that had street races down our street regularly. Walking distance to a nice school.

Unfortunately they bussed me to a school directly accross the street from the projects.

I remember sliding on my back accross the basketball court till my head hit the wall. That was after kicking and punching all the way down the court in front of the whole class.

The coach grabbed us and took us to his office. I had to explain that big guy did not start it and did not deserve licks, he was sent out .
I took my licks and was excused from participating till my nose stopped bleeding.

I no longer got picked on at that school.

Then we moved, damn it.

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208