• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

...Where Snipers Hide Fieldcraft

sniperfighter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2022
bulgeria
I need the opinion and advice of the owners of Exo K3 frames and Stone Glacier Xcurve frames.

I have a curved back ( I can fit my hand and almost my closed fist behind my back) and I'm hesitating between the Exo K3 4800 and the SG Sky 5900.

For those of you that own and use those bags, what can you tell me?
how is the EXO lubbar pad? Is it as soft as people say?

Reactions: pabrousseau
I had both and they were both great bags but.. in the end I went with the kifaru 24" lite. Very generous lumbar pad and extremely comfortable.

If I had to choose between the exo and the sg, I'd take the exo.

Reactions: powdahound76
I think there's a thread on Rokslide about how a large group of people tested a range of high-end packs for some weeks. Most ended up preferring the SG; Exo was way down the list.

However, the folks who preferred the Kifaru tended to have a little more curvature to their backs.

I have a fairly curved back too, and the Kifaru lumbar pad is the best I've personally tried of various packs.

Exo has very soft lumbar pad and I have a similar back profile as you and I'll admit it's a problem, but they sell a thicker firmer lumbar pad called "lumbar kit" I got it just today so I need to break it in a bit before I can say it fixed the issue, I am also experimenting with flipping the kidney pads upside down. I got a ruck tomorrow so I'll check back in after. I will admit the exo is AWSOME I just wish their lumbar pad was firmer but smaller, I think another issue is just with how big they are.

Alright sorry about late response.

So I got the new lumbar pad and added a 2nd shim, It was much better but still not great. I think the 2nd shim was to much so i'm going to remove one and give it another go this weekend.

I also did not invert the kidney pads, i decided to go back to right side up last second, still might try thought.

So if anyone ahs any questions feel free to ask ill do my best to answer. I love the k3 and really really want to get this lumbar pad down perfectly.

Reactions: Two36
The problem with these questions is the variables. I'm on my 2nd exo pack. It fits ME very well and is as comfortable at 100lbs as possible....and it still sucks...lol.
Take 10 random guys and give them a stack of packs from all the major players. You'll get 10 different opinions on fit and comfort because we're all built a little different. Quality and customer service will be less subjective. My .02

I need the opinion and advice of the owners of Exo K3 frames and Stone Glacier Xcurve frames.

I have a curved back ( I can fit my hand and almost my closed fist behind my back) and I'm hesitating between the Exo K3 4800 and the SG Sky 5900.

For those of you that own and use those bags, what can you tell me ?
how is the EXO lubbar pad? Is it as soft as people say cpstest
Thanks for all reply ! :)