• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where the F are all the employees and where are they getting their money ?

All the fuckin sob stories why little Johnny can’t!😂. I went to school on a full athletic scholarship, which sweat and tears bought! Got injured and didn’t finish! Started a business with 350 fuckin dollars! No help from my parents or no one! In 2 years it was close to a 800 thousand dollar business! I worked non fuckin stop to get it there! I’m semi retired at fairly young age! So I don’t want to hear fuckin little Johnny can’t do it! I did!

What are you on?

Both of us “did it”, just was half a decade behind me because his parents had the daft logic that he should pay his own, being behind me sure taught him….uhh…yeah not much

Point is helping your kids not have debt entering into ther industry is HUGE, and if you are remotely successful in life it ain’t too hard to make that happen for your kid without having much of a hit to your quality of life. Also not all education has scholarships

I’ve seen quite a few nurses leave the profession to work at stores. Same pay, no crazy dementia patients or family members to deal with.

Its more the families……

Crazy dementia patients are tough.
And got nothin on the families.

Between that and the WebMD doctors, its enough to make anyone wanna muck stalls for a livin and only talk to critters

I’m really all about this turbo! If a child is doing their part! I’ll do all I can to help em! If not, no dice. Make good decisions, reap the reward! Bad choices get nowhere with me! I made plenty my self and overcame them with hard work! Makes me appreciate it more now and think it built a little character and common sense along the way!

I agree with that, if I had a air head kid who wanted a master in painting degree, noooope, that’s all on them.

A son who wants to become something with ROI that will help him make a life, damn straight in going to help him fully.

Who cares what I think as to which is better? All you're doing is saying that markets have both positive and negative feedback loop. If a business can't turn a profit, it should fail. If it can't obtain the labor it needs to produce a product at a profit, it should go under. People are not slaves and do not go to work for charity, they go to work to earn money to support their households. It is not a "Catch 22" that businesses have to pay all of the costs of the inputs to produce their goods or services.

Closing the doors for the employees and their families might be the greatest thing that ever happened to both of them. That inefficient and unprofitable businesses die and that their resources, including their employees, move on to more productive tasks that produce what people want and are able to buy is how capitalism functions. Your model, or at least the implication of what you're saying, would have us propping up businesses as "too big to fail" so that we could eliminate the negative feedback loop that poor profitability and inefficiency create. And I would submit that having profits crash and having inefficient businesses fail is at least as important as having them be successful, if not more so!

I don't know where the idea that this negative feedback loop is a bad thing got started. I can think of many businesses, like Sears, that were iconic pieces of America that there was a time in my life that I didn't think we could live without them. They're gone now, and all of their employees moved on to more productive and profitable tasks. Do I miss Sears? Obviously not. I didn't go there enough when they were open to keep them in business, and neither did everyone else. And that is fine--the hole they left is another opportunity.
Where does the printing money and increased tax fee etc theft of gov come into your equation? Plus welfare .gov “jobs” etc.

When the millstone of .gov theft and redistribution sinks businesses and industry’s. That’s not a healthy free market

What retail jobs pay the same as a RN?

No idea.
I still work in a hospital. 🤷‍♂️

Target. Miller/Coors, Hormel, many others. Staff RN’s don’t make big money, and travel nurse money is drying up.

Not in Denver.
Nursing pays decent here.
My GF is a nurse. Makes good cash, despite only 12 yrs on the job.

Of course I have a couple decades under my belt, so it pays a bit better for me than the “kids” coming up.

What are you on?

Both of us “did it”, just was half a decade behind me because his parents had the daft logic that he should pay his own, being behind me sure taught him….uhh…yeah not much

Point is helping your kids not have debt entering into ther industry is HUGE, and if you are remotely successful in life it ain’t too hard to make that happen for your kid without having much of a hit to your quality of life. Also not all education has scholarships
How many kids do you have?
How many have you sent to university?

R

Reactions: Snipe260
I have tried repeatedly to hire someone to weedeat the fence lines at my farm. No one wants to do it. Hell, that was "gofundme" when I was a kid
My almost 80 yr old boss hired my teenage son to do the same. He paid him under minimum wage. Last time he worked there.

Survey data suggests millions of people aren't working because of long COVID​

As the number of people with post-COVID symptoms soars, researchers and the government are trying to get a handle on how big an impact long COVID is having on the U.S. workforce. It's a pressing question, given the fragile state of the economy. For more than a year, employers have faced staffing problems, with jobs going unfilled month after month.

Help Wanted: Where Are The Workers?

Help Wanted: Where Are The Workers?

Now, millions of people may be sidelined from their jobs due to long COVID. Katie Bach, a senior fellow with the Brookings Institution, drew on survey data from the Census Bureau, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and the Lancet to come up with what she says is a conservative estimate: 4 million full-time equivalent workers out of work because of long COVID.

"That is just a shocking number," says Bach. "That's 2.4% of the U.S. working population."

That's an excerpt from a NPR business article 7/31/22. Even if you believe their "conservative estimate of 4 million " is complete b.s. 20% of that is still 800,000.

Dead people,while they might vote, are not productive workers. Though most of these people below were probably elderly.

For the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that excess deaths between the weeks ending March 7, 2020 and March 5, 2022 totaled 1,105,736, 15 percent more than the 958,864 official death toll from COVID-19 over that period.[

The excess mortality rate, or the percentage increase in excess deaths relative to expected deaths, differs significantly across States, from a low of 5.7 percent in Hawaii to a high of 27.4 percent in Arizona, as shown in Figure 2. These differences are large; if every State had had the same excess mortality rate as Hawaii, about 780,000 fewer people would have lost their lives over this period.

figure-2-deaths.jpg
Long covid is shorthand for vacc injuries.

How many kids do you have?
How many have you sent to university?

R

None and none, but between just my yearly bikes/guns/etc and my night life spending per year, I could easily pay full boat tuition outside of some crazy Ivy League.

Me and my girl can also manage our crotches, so it’s not like we are going to have a litter anyways.

Honestly for how much the average knuckle dragger pays and looses buying new shitty trucks and SUVs ever few years, that’s tuition for said crotch fruit, but hey everyone has different priorities

I’m no thief, the companies I work for are private sector, if you don’t like us you don’t have to pay us.

That being said, I ain’t a cheap date and even before covid I always thought interviewing was healthy, even if you’re not looking for a new job, it helps you know what the market will bear and who your other options are should they be needed.

When it comes to work I’m kinda like that scene in starship troopers

“I need a employer, you’re it, till you piss me off or I find someone better”

Thankfully I have had some great bosses, a few have become friends

This is a double edge sword and not for everyone as can be imagined, loyalty works both ways.

Although I do believe a employee should know their market worth and expect to paid in that “area”. Employers know when employees are looking, word travels quick…even with minimum wage employees.

The employee may be a “bargain” /being paid 90% of their supposed market value (every employee lies on a resume)…but..

How is the employer supposed to put trust/faith and advance the employee to a team or department leader (which comes with a pay raise) knowing the employee is always looking to jump. You can’t; you start planning around them, or working them to death before they jump giving yourself a buffer of a few weeks to get a new guy up to speed.

I’ve had this happen more times than you can count;
Sometimes you give in and overpay
Sometimes it’s a bluff
Sometimes they just use you for a bigger number for the next guy to meet
Sometimes they just want out
And 20 others

All those reasons force the employer to treat everyone the same and manage by deliverables and spreadsheets/budget/output.

The departments that have been burnt several times have had investments in infrastructure and “boots on the ground” employees. The top dogs can come and go while the place still runs.

It costs more for the ramp up, but now department managers are like changing your socks everyday in certain locations.

Saying they did it to themselves is not fair but the business is more important than any 1 person except for the CEO. Drive into any industrial park…no one employee is special and no company is special.

There are a lot of companies functioning just fine without “the one”. And there are a lot of businesses with different CEO’s..but there are a lot less ceo’s than special employees. Just the way it works..good or bad.

Reactions: deersniper
None and none, but between just my yearly bikes/guns/etc and my night life spending per year, I could easily pay full boat tuition outside of some crazy Ivy League.

Me and my girl can also manage our crotches, so it’s not like we are going to have a litter anyways.

Honestly for how much the average knuckle dragger pays and looses buying new shitty trucks and SUVs ever few years, that’s tuition for said crotch fruit, but hey everyone has different priorities
Tell me more about how others should handle/raise their kids...
One could gain some first hand experience before running their cock holster.
I agree, don't have children.

R

R

Have their back, sorry knocking a chick up doesn’t make one a expert, often it’s not a sign of intellect with oops babies

If you can’t afford to take the kid from a infant to entering society (ie a proper career to be a successful human) pull the fuck out

Reactions: gigamortis
This is a double edge sword and not for everyone as can be imagined, loyalty works both ways.

Although I do believe a employee should know their market worth and expect to paid in that “area”. Employers know when employees are looking, word travels quick…even with minimum wage employees.

The employee may be a “bargain” /being paid 90% of their supposed market value (every employee lies on a resume)…but..

How is the employer supposed to put trust/faith and advance the employee to a team or department leader (which comes with a pay raise) knowing the employee is always looking to jump. You can’t; you start planning around them, or working them to death before they jump giving yourself a buffer of a few weeks to get a new guy up to speed.

I’ve had this happen more times than you can count;
Sometimes you give in and overpay
Sometimes it’s a bluff
Sometimes they just use you for a bigger number for the next guy to meet
Sometimes they just want out
And 20 others

All those reasons force the employer to treat everyone the same and manage by deliverables and spreadsheets/budget/output.

The departments that have been burnt several times have had investments in infrastructure and “boots on the ground” employees. The top dogs can come and go while the place still runs.

It costs more for the ramp up, but now department managers are like changing your socks everyday in certain locations.

Saying they did it to themselves is not fair but the business is more important than any 1 person except for the CEO. Drive into any industrial park…no one employee is special and no company is special.

There are a lot of companies functioning just fine without “the one”. And there are a lot of businesses with different CEO’s..but there are a lot less ceo’s than special employees. Just the way it works..good or bad.

For me I have always done right by companies I have traded my labors for, treat me right and I’ll treat you right, but if I know my worth, they should too
For that vast majority, they have and it’s been a profitable and rewarding experience for everyone.

That’s said, in general

If I choose to show up late, not do my job, I should expected to be fired

If they choose to not compensate/treat me commiserative with what I bring to their table, they should expect me to resign.

Free market

Last edited:
Have their back, sorry knocking a chick up doesn’t make one a expert, often it’s not a sign of intellect with oops babies

If you can’t afford to take the kid from a infant to entering society (ie a proper career to be a successful human) pull the fuck out
Comedy.
You still reason as a child who hasn't taken any real responsibility.
You think you have but by your own admission haven't committed to any real life long commitments.
Perhaps if you had signed the dotted line you would have at least earned/learned that.
Things can be learned through struggle and failure as much as any formal education.
How can you have a peer debate with only speculative reasoning?
Looks like you got the folks money's worth on the condescending attitude towards the knuckle draggers.

R

Comedy.
You still reason as a child who hasn't taken any real responsibility.
You think you have but by your own admission haven't committed to any real life long commitments.
Perhaps if you had signed the dotted line you would have at least earned/learned that.
Things can be learned through struggle and failure as much as any formal education.
How can you have a peer debate with only speculative reasoning?
Looks like you got the folks money's worth on the condescending attitude towards the knuckle draggers.

R

Dude, my parents weren’t dead beats, they raised me right and launched me into adulthood as prepped as I could be, I have since made a pretty damn good ROI on that education

Do you consider knocking some bitch up a accomplishment? Feral dogs in Mexico do that all day.

I make good money and have also managed to give back a good deal, during college I was even a volly FD, and did much more than that as time went on.

But yeah, didn’t knock a chick up

I must be a failure 😂

Must suck to peak early, especially when it’s producing off spring you can’t/won’t support. But don’t sweat it scrote, you ain’t a dead beat, you’re “old school” ba ha ha ha

Last edited:

R
He sounds like my dumb fuckin brother speaking! No sense arguing with fools Art! It will come to them, that’s for sure! It always eventually comes to them!

Dude, my parents weren’t dead beats, they raised me right and launched me into adulthood as prepped as I could be, I have since made a pretty damn good ROI on that education

Do you consider knocking some bitch up a accomplishment? Feral dogs in Mexico do that all day.

I make good money and have also managed to give back a good deal, during college I was even a volly FD, and did much more than that as time went on.

I must be a failure 😂

Must suck to peak early, especially when it’s producing off spring you can’t/won’t support. But don’t sweat it scrote, you ain’t a dead beat, you’re “old school” ba ha ha ha
You are one dumb motherfucker!

For me I have always done right by companies I have traded my labors for, treat me right and I’ll treat you right, but if I know my worth, they should too
For that vast majority, they have and it’s been a profitable and rewarding experience for everyone.

That’s said, in general

If I choose to show up late, not do my job, I should expected to be fired

If they choose to not compensate/treat me commiserative with what I bring to their table, they should expect me to resign.

Free market
I agree, no debate

…until I find out you “looking” that changes everything.

Like having your wife say I went to lunch with a guy and nothing happened.

Even if it’s 100% true , you believe it and there are no romantic feelings…

everything just changed weather we like it or not

I’m trying to figure out which Wal Mart or fast food place is employing all the 19.00 workers. Every time I have to go I to China Mart the checkout lines are long, employees are few and help wanted signs everywhere. There are still fast food places that only have the drive thru window open except at lunch, and they have help wanted signs up. Im in the oilfield business, and We struggle to hire hands in positions that would earn them 110k+. I hired my kid who graduated HS in May to turn wrenches for the summer before he starts college. I put him under the most I’ll tempered crusty old manager we had, and stayed out of the deal personally. The candy ass HR manager was pissed I paid him what any other grown man would make. I said look- he will be rebuilding engines on his own, he has a 6G welding certification, why would I not pay him what we pay a 50 year old man that is half as smart, lazier, and cannot be trusted with these tasks? 8 weeks later I had three
15L Engines built, a pump skid fabricated and other miscellaneous repairs made. The kid now has a nice nest egg to take to college and not have to rely on myself to fork out spending money. One of our locals saw me and commented- I heard you had your kid working out there. I said yes, that is correct. He said, well, I sure wanted that job. I asked why he didn’t apply for it, and he just said he wasn’t sure if he wanted to enter the workforce quite yet, that between his wife’s job at the Dollar Store, unemployment, and a few cash odd jobs he was scraping by. I can guarantee that lazy fucker will not get that job now, I’m tired of hiring warm bodies and not motivated employees. It works both ways.

youd be surprised what people can live on

i have tons of stories from legal and illegal immigrants and how they spend/save

first is everything they do outside a regular job is always cash pay

while some people think "screw the govt, im not paying sales tax", there are other people doing it better and actually taking money from you because you make more than the income minimum so they raise your taxes not the "poor". and the poor then get the govt hand outs on top

which is why biden hired so many IRS agents. its really not to screw us initially (although we know they will try), there is a huge amount of taxes not being paid on commerce...called the "tax gap"

i have multiple stories of employees making 10-12$ a hours and after 7-8 years they buy a house for 200k.

they have 1 legitimate person that is the figure head

all the money is laundered through him; he owns all the cars, pays all the insurance etc

they pay him (always a man) with their side hustle cash

after a while they get a mortgage and own a house, then they pay for immigration lawyers to get them on the path for about 15-20K...they now own a house and are legal. most illegals arent illegal a lot of them are overstay work visas

these same people do without everything; they have a apple and a orange for morning break not a bacon egg and cheese
they dont drink coffee from the truck or DD, they drink water from the fountain...for years

but they have a good cell phone so they dont buy a TV or if they do they buy it used off FB messenger etc

now of course there are the scum that just scam the system, like so many guys i know at the gym that are on injured leave etc but are squatting and benching while we pay for their pensions with higher train ticket prices

then add in the ones that take the govt aid go to the food store, buy food on our dime, cook said food in their section 8 house, then sell that food to other people for cash...again no taxes and no record of income

all the while driving a pretty nice car wearing nice clothes while they rais our property taxes to pay for the hand outs..add in the free medical and kid $.

ive called a few times when i saw that idiocy going on
I'm extremely familiar with how everything actually works and what you are talking about is definitely not the norm. The norm is cash pay, no insurance of any kind, only deal with other Hispanics, and get tons of gov benefits for their many kids. That's how they can buy a house. They don't pay into the pool and they take 15x more than an average american.. there are situations like what you describe but that's 1 out 10. The other 9 out of ten are what I just described. Btw, I speak Spanish and have many Hispanic close friends who are solid hardworking people who did things ghe right way or at least tried to after they got here. I've helped many with their businesses getting started so believe me when I say, I know what I'm talking about. You really can't be a builder for 20 years and not

I agree, no debate

…until I find out you “looking” that changes everything.

Like having your wife say I went to lunch with a guy and nothing happened.

Even if it’s 100% true , you believe it and there are no romantic feelings…

everything just changed weather we like it or not

Maybe it’s the scotch, I don’t follow

The only guy my chick is even friends with, and it’s in a group setting of other chicks, is VERY gay, like makes Liberace look like pence, I’m cool rolling the dice not going to those lol

Maybe it’s the scotch, I don’t follow
Sorry..it’s usually me…

If the employee and employer are on the same page then you are 100% correct.

Once the employer finds out you are testing the water (other interviews or contacts) then things change

the employer has to treat you like your leaving sooner rather than later

That changes the employers forward looking plan /corporate ladder for the employee.

I must be a failure 😂

Your strawman arguments are hilarious.
Do another...

R

Sorry..it’s usually me…

If the employee and employer are on the same page then you are 100% correct.

Once the employer finds out you are testing the water (other interviews or contacts) then things change

the employer has to treat you like your leaving sooner rather than later

That changes the employers forward looking plan /corporate ladder for the employee.

I agree

But my boss and I talked about my “interviews” and joked about some of the companies, he wasn’t remotely threatened, shit probably got some intel for his HR, Just as he told me about people who applied and I didn’t feel threatened

I knew he could hire people, he knew other people would hire me, we both enjoyed the work, we both made money, no one was worried.

Last edited:
One of my friends was mentioning he can't get anyone interested in general construction / clearing labour for $35 per hour
I guess also having to work out in the sun and heat in the summer is part of it.
Even the Mexicans don't want the work and they expect you to buy them lunch as well.

Damn, mom and pop should get their money back...

R

I didn’t study leftist BS, which is why my family name had a good ROI on my education.

We never covered “strawboys” were more into making money and getting the job done.

So the peak of your life was knocking a chick up? But you’re against supporting the kid into getting a good vocation and become a successful adult?

I don’t get it, for a remotely successful man who’s old enough to have a 18yr old, most tuition shouldn’t be a big factor for you, but will be a large factor for them after they graduate and get the first job.

Last edited:
I agree

But my boss and I talked about my “interviews” and joked about some of the companies, he wasn’t remotely threatened, shit probably got some intel for his HR, Just as he told me about people who applied and I didn’t feel threatened

I knew he could hire people, he knew other people would hire me, we both enjoyed the work, we both made money, no one was worried.
That’s a good working relationship.

Lasts for 5-8 years then it changes …like most things do.

The business model changes, ownership forward looking plan changes, product or margins change etc

Could go either way too, better or worse. Really never know until you get there either..

Reactions: TurboTrout
Disability is the new welfare. Anger issues= disability. Alcoholic= disability. Addicted to opiates because of the doctor= disability. The list is long for the reasons but you get the gist.

Everyone complains about companies not paying a hundred grand for flipping burgers to chemical engineer not getting five hundred grand. Y'all need to start a business and see what it costs to keep the door open. General liability insurance, workers comp insurance, unemployment insurance, Fed payroll tax, utilities, accountants, lawyers, HR staff, maintenance staff and few others that do absolutely nothing to contribute to the income for the company.
Start a business in the trades and ask your insurance company what the fee is for unfunded liabilities is. Your service tech is leaving your truck running while picking up parts/ during a service call/at lunch because it's a hundred degrees out and he has the a/c running to keep it cool inside and you're paying for the gas and a engine that won't last a hundred thousand miles. Or he's filling his pov on your company credit card. Or they are milking a lunch break for an extra 20 minutes. Or on Facebook Twitter for an hour a day. Or stopping work to smoke a cigarette six times a day.
It costs almost double the pay of an employee to cover the cost of employment. Think I am shitting you? Look into it and find out. $20 per hour is $40K per year. That's $80K they need to bring into the company before a profit is made.
Yeah, I employ people so they can have a job. NOT!! I employ people to make me money.

But companies have a never ending money supply. They can just pay more!

Not that there’s a point where the company shuts its doors

Not that paying a lot makes a fair amount of employees ginger rich so they call out more/ come in late/ work less/ etc .

I love all the replies from
- .gov “workers” who have zero idea of the real world
- people who have never ran a business or dealt with employees

Disability is the new welfare. Anger issues= disability. Alcoholic= disability. Addicted to opiates because of the doctor= disability. The list is long for the reasons but you get the gist.

Everyone complains about companies not paying a hundred grand for flipping burgers to chemical engineer not getting five hundred grand. Y'all need to start a business and see what it costs to keep the door open. General liability insurance, workers comp insurance, unemployment insurance, Fed payroll tax, utilities, accountants, lawyers, HR staff, maintenance staff and few others that do absolutely nothing to contribute to the income for the company.
Start a business in the trades and ask your insurance company what the fee is for unfunded liabilities is. Your service tech is leaving your truck running while picking up parts/ during a service call/at lunch because it's a hundred degrees out and he has the a/c running to keep it cool inside and you're paying for the gas and a engine that won't last a hundred thousand miles. Or he's filling his pov on your company credit card. Or they are milking a lunch break for an extra 20 minutes. Or on Facebook Twitter for an hour a day. Or stopping work to smoke a cigarette six times a day.
It costs almost double the pay of an employee to cover the cost of employment. Think I am shitting you? Look into it and find out. $20 per hour is $40K per year. That's $80K they need to bring into the company before a profit is made.
Yeah, I employ people so they can have a job. NOT!! I employ people to make me money.
You can't get SSD becasue you are addicted to drugs and alcohol.

Jimmy decided to party until two in the morning, Suzy is on her period and is PMSing, Billy's wife is fucking around on him, John didn't get laid last night, Frank's kid is sick at daycare and needs picked up and the endless bullshit of personal problems that costs the bottom line. But but but they don't pay me enough!!!
But companies have a never ending money supply. They can just pay more!

Not that there’s a point where the company shuts its doors

Not that paying a lot makes a fair amount of employees ginger rich so they call out more/ come in late/ work less/ etc .

I love all the replies from
- .gov “workers” who have zero idea of the real world
- people who have never ran a business or dealt with employees
I once had two guys that were continuously asking for a raise. So I stopped by a job they were on and pulled the materials that they had thrown in the dumpster and asked them how much money was laying there. They said a couple hundred dollars worth? And there's your raise!!

The missing from the workforce probably aren't worth having because they are the ones without ambition.

It was just an exaggeration of the multiple thousands of reasons people get a government disability. Do you know how many people have COPD? I am in the HVAC business and I have a pretty good idea to the number of people that claim to have it.
You can't get SSD becasue you are addicted to drugs and alcohol.

They don't put you on SSD because claim to have a condition. If you don't believe me go ahead and call them and tell them you COPD, PTSD, and severe depression and see how soon your checks start showing up.

Reactions: Bradu
Maybe employees are made shitty by the work place culture created by their boss sometimes. Something I have observed at some places. You have distain for your employees, they know it, they pick up on it, and they return it.

Good grief. WTF? Do you work for the department? Did I touch a nerve?
Do you know how many doctors will do the paperwork for a fee to get you the sick lame and lazy check? Probably twice as many that were handing out opioids like popcorn.
So, how many people are collecting a disability check?
They don't put you on SSD because claim to have a condition. If you don't believe me go ahead and call them and tell them you COPD, PTSD, and severe depression and see how soon your checks start showing up.

This is Hilarious. When my old man owned his shop over 20 years ago, his ASE techs were making $22-25/hr book time. The good ones made 14-20 hours per day.

My current employer also is hurting bad for Heavy Equipment Mechanics.
Agency buys all tools
Get a Huge Take home rig with everything you can imagine inside of it.
Almost unlimited overtime.
Pay is $55-57/Hr.

Any dickhead who thinks they can get someone who can spell their own name, much less an experienced diesel/HEM deserves to suffer in their own stupidity.

Yea the gov tit is making it harder to find people, but employers have been fucking employees for over a hundred years.

Pay people what they are worth or stop crying like a bitch.

Guessing California with those wages? There aren't many experienced heavy equipment mechanics that are worth a fuck anymore. If you find a knowledgeable one, they just want to sit in the truck and wait for a breakdown. They won't be bothered with doing preventative maintenance on spare equipment sitting.

I'm a shop bitch now because I was tired of traveling and being the guy that has to fix everything. Getting junk sent to the job because people just want to patch shit instead of fixing it right. I still deal with that but it's not as big of push to have it fixed right now.

Good grief. WTF? Do you work for the department? Did I touch a nerve?
Do you know how many doctors will do the paperwork for a fee to get you the sick lame and lazy check? Probably twice as many that were handing out opioids like popcorn.
So, how many people are collecting a disability check?
Is that the MO for this thread? When you don't know what you are talking about, or someone calls out something incorrect they are accused of being a government workers? Then you get butthurt about it being corrected. Sure some people try to commit SSD fraud, and i sm sure some are successful. The social security administration also has investigators and hires private investigators to follow people and check out their claims. Make sure they aren't working or performing tasks that show their claim is fake. You also go to a doctor they choose to verify what your doctor said.

chart04.gif

Looks like about 70% of the people collecting SSD are over 50. So around 7 million over 50 and 3 million under 50.

Maybe employees are made shitty by the work place culture created by their boss sometimes. Something I have observed at some places. You have distain for your employees, they know it, they pick up on it, and they return it.

This is by far the biggest problem I've dealt with. Add in the games bosses want to play, but get pissed when you are better at it than they are. Seems like most bosses have no clue how to do the job anymore and have no desire to learn or better themselves.

The best shop foreman I had never turned wrenches but was trying to learn. The problem was people took advantage of that and fucked him to death prior to me working there. He ended up quitting because of his boss and I quit two days later.