• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where the F are all the employees and where are they getting their money ?

Let’s not forget the no OT policies places have these days. Have 4 people to work a job made for 8, but you pay shit and cut me off at 35 hours when I agreed to 40+ a week when hired and then once again keep bitching shit gets done too slow or they can’t get any help, but also say in the last 6-8 months we needed people they haven’t listed one help wanted ad. Finally they hire someone but instead of the good candidate they hire the shittiest cheapest asshole so it hinders progress even more.

I asked one Hispanic that owned a stone mason company if he could knock out a project for me and he said he didn't have any masons to do it.

He said the ones he could find do such a shit job he has to re do it himself and if he gets on their ass and tries to correct them they walk off.
That’s how my Hispanic acquaintance’s HVAC business goes. He hasn’t been able to find good help for years and training up someone to do a hard/exhaustive job when they could go flip burgers for the same entry level pay…

Yiu seem to have missed the .gov parasites

That is a BIG part of the equation.

And the welfare. Guess that’s kind of the same thing. But at least the welfare rats aren’t wearing out new vehicles

I work 60-100+. Mowing grass mulching etc isn’t something I’m going to be doing

I work 60-70...and I do all the above on the list, except ship my packages, and empty my septic...:)
Guess we are different that way.
There are enough crosses for both of you to bear...

Reactions: BCP and 308pirate
I work 60-70...and I do all the above on the list, except ship my packages, and empty my septic...:)
Guess we are different that way.
Guess we are.

Those 100+ hour weeks 6-8 months of the year make you try and enjoy the “slow” months. That and crotch goblins.

Yard and garden size probably factors in too. 12 hours of grass mowing aint for me

I will tell you what a lot of us are seeing.

I have applied for multiple jobs at surveying companies. I have several years experience in that field from work I did when I was in the military. I don't expect to start anywhere but at the bottom but I do have some skills and a proven history of showing up and working hard.

Both places I interviewed at offered me pay that was BELOW what Walmart was starting people at. And Walmart gives a 10% employee discount.

If you want employees, you dont have to treat them like royalty, but you do have to be somewhat competitive in the market.

When diesel is 5.55 a gallon and rent of a one bedroom apartment is 2500 a month, you can't pay someone 19 dollars an hour. Or if you want to start them at that you better tell them up front that if they prove out as a good worker that goes up pretty damn fast.

I don't get why employers don't understand this and keep bitching about not getting employees.

Many are now professors at Ivy League Colleges pulling $150K a year teaching such courses as: "Basket Weaving", "African Studies", "White People Suck", "I'm Oppressed, You're Oppressed", "Choose Your Gender", "Climate Studies", "Journalism (aka Democrat operative)", etc. etc.

Guess we are.

Those 100+ hour weeks 6-8 months of the year make you try and enjoy the “slow” months. That and crotch goblins.

Yard and garden size probably factors in too. 12 hours of grass mowing aint for me
Yeah My yard is only a little over an acre. So I am not mowing for 12 hours on my yard. So you got me there.

Even though most younger folks I know own businesses or have high paying jobs....keep the boomer hate flowing. As someone who been job hunting most places never respond, or don’t pay anything. Guy was bitching the other day he can’t get diesel mechanics, he pays 12-15 an hour no one is going to be a certified mechanic for $20-30,000 a year.

Jobs want 5-8 years experience for “entry level” and once again pay nothing. They want all the qualifications of a seasoned employee but don’t want to pay for them. My last job bitched and moaned constantly about being short handed but refuse to hire anyone and fire the ones who didn’t do anything.

I never took a day off during the kungflu, and we were treated like shit everyday when we showed up to work. I ran my part of the place I know what kind of money we pulled in and all they did was bitch and moan. I had record numbers during Rona, and beat those by 48% the next year on my own still just constantly bitched. Not to mention shoving far left ideas and CRT down you’re throat in required training.

This is worth repeating.

It's just as bad in the information technology sectors, we'd like someone with 10 years + experience that could pull down a $100k salary with those skills, certifications and experience, and we'll pay them $30k...

Reactions: MK20
8KECeevL-427612443-646x1024.jpeg

youd be surprised what people can live on

i have tons of stories from legal and illegal immigrants and how they spend/save

first is everything they do outside a regular job is always cash pay

while some people think "screw the govt, im not paying sales tax", there are other people doing it better and actually taking money from you because you make more than the income minimum so they raise your taxes not the "poor". and the poor then get the govt hand outs on top

which is why biden hired so many IRS agents. its really not to screw us initially (although we know they will try), there is a huge amount of taxes not being paid on commerce...called the "tax gap"

i have multiple stories of employees making 10-12$ a hours and after 7-8 years they buy a house for 200k.

they have 1 legitimate person that is the figure head

all the money is laundered through him; he owns all the cars, pays all the insurance etc

they pay him (always a man) with their side hustle cash

after a while they get a mortgage and own a house, then they pay for immigration lawyers to get them on the path for about 15-20K...they now own a house and are legal. most illegals arent illegal a lot of them are overstay work visas

these same people do without everything; they have a apple and a orange for morning break not a bacon egg and cheese
they dont drink coffee from the truck or DD, they drink water from the fountain...for years

but they have a good cell phone so they dont buy a TV or if they do they buy it used off FB messenger etc

now of course there are the scum that just scam the system, like so many guys i know at the gym that are on injured leave etc but are squatting and benching while we pay for their pensions with higher train ticket prices

then add in the ones that take the govt aid go to the food store, buy food on our dime, cook said food in their section 8 house, then sell that food to other people for cash...again no taxes and no record of income

all the while driving a pretty nice car wearing nice clothes while they rais our property taxes to pay for the hand outs..add in the free medical and kid $.

ive called a few times when i saw that idiocy going on

And this is exactly why a union hiring all is needed. Those that show up and won't work will not will not be called back the next day.
This may sound a bit harsh but if a person won't work, they won't eat. I think the Pilgrims arrived with that kind of work ethic. They built a hell of a good country. Those that did not like the options got back on the boat and returned to Europe. Take a look at Europe and see how that worked out.

Biden said just the other day there are more people working now than ever......

Working at what? Fleecing the system for more handouts? Working for .gov? Or working like the rest of us tax slaves? I take home 58% of my gross pay after all the deductions and taxes and I’m about fed up. The “homeless” man life or being a nomad is looking better and better every day.

Working at what? Fleecing the system for more handouts? Working for .gov? Or working like the rest of us tax slaves? I take home 58% of my gross pay after all the deductions and taxes and I’m about fed up. The “homeless” man life or being a nomad is looking better and better every day.
more actual people may be working now but we also have 2x the population from 50 years ago

with employment numbers you always have to look at the break down
part time
full time
looking for a job in last 6 months
not looking for a job in last 6 months, they may remove you from the "unemployed" stat although you could just be lazy living in the basement
who has 2 jobs, so they count that as 2 people working or a ratio
there are so many situations that can be manipulated, yet be accurate

the govt screws with numbers like everyone else, but employment numbers are truly manipulated both ways depending who telling the story

Even though most younger folks I know own businesses or have high paying jobs....keep the boomer hate flowing. As someone who been job hunting most places never respond, or don’t pay anything. Guy was bitching the other day he can’t get diesel mechanics, he pays 12-15 an hour no one is going to be a certified mechanic for $20-30,000 a year.

Jobs want 5-8 years experience for “entry level” and once again pay nothing. They want all the qualifications of a seasoned employee but don’t want to pay for them. My last job bitched and moaned constantly about being short handed but refuse to hire anyone and fire the ones who didn’t do anything.

I never took a day off during the kungflu, and we were treated like shit everyday when we showed up to work. I ran my part of the place I know what kind of money we pulled in and all they did was bitch and moan. I had record numbers during Rona, and beat those by 48% the next year on my own still just constantly bitched. Not to mention shoving far left ideas and CRT down you’re throat in required training.
This is Hilarious. When my old man owned his shop over 20 years ago, his ASE techs were making $22-25/hr book time. The good ones made 14-20 hours per day.

My current employer also is hurting bad for Heavy Equipment Mechanics.
Agency buys all tools
Get a Huge Take home rig with everything you can imagine inside of it.
Almost unlimited overtime.
Pay is $55-57/Hr.

Any dickhead who thinks they can get someone who can spell their own name, much less an experienced diesel/HEM deserves to suffer in their own stupidity.

Yea the gov tit is making it harder to find people, but employers have been fucking employees for over a hundred years.

Pay people what they are worth or stop crying like a bitch.

Last edited:
In the tech world, there's been an abundance of immigrants keeping wages low. Employers are still asking for the moon with masters and phd degrees for jobs that really need 3-5 years of experience. You'd think that employers would relax some of their requirements, but they are still after getting the candidate to do coding challenges and other stupid hoops to jump through.

I have 1 of of my 3 boys that is lazy AF.
He lives with his GF and she works he does just enough Gig work to pay for gaming and booze but won't get a job.
He does spend his weekends fishing so theres that.
I love that we paid for him to get a masters in business from OU and all that six sigma crap.
That was the first mistake. You paid!

I will tell you what a lot of us are seeing.

I have applied for multiple jobs at surveying companies. I have several years experience in that field from work I did when I was in the military. I don't expect to start anywhere but at the bottom but I do have some skills and a proven history of showing up and working hard.

Both places I interviewed at offered me pay that was BELOW what Walmart was starting people at. And Walmart gives a 10% employee discount.

If you want employees, you dont have to treat them like royalty, but you do have to be somewhat competitive in the market.

When diesel is 5.55 a gallon and rent of a one bedroom apartment is 2500 a month, you can't pay someone 19 dollars an hour. Or if you want to start them at that you better tell them up front that if they prove out as a good worker that goes up pretty damn fast.

I don't get why employers don't understand this and keep bitching about not getting employees.
This is part of the issue with inflation and the way our economy is currently structured. Many mega corporations like Walmart could probably afford to pay their employees $30 if they had to in order to operate. If labor was a significant cost problem for Walmart, they wouldn't be paying someone to say hello to you at the door. Because they make so much money, they can respond almost instantly to inflation like we've seen as a result of all the government handouts.

But its much harder for small businesses to raise their wages and keep up because labor is a bigger chunk of their expenses and margins are tighter. It can also be harder for small business to raise prices or they risk losing business. So you end up with this imbalance of skilled technicians making $15 an hour while Walmart is paying $20. Eventually, the market will fix that imbalance, but it can take time. And the longer the imbalance continues, the more damage it does to the economy as a whole because it discourages people from bettering themselves.

One of the companies I interviewed at just bid on a 100 million plus surveying job and was finishing up a 700 K job.

They can afford to pay the same as Walmart at least. I offered to work as an IC which saves them taxes and Healthcare, etc. Still, 19 bucks an hour.

These posts are funny.

It’s not that people arnt working, it’s just they don’t want to work at shit holes who treat them and pay them like shit.

The good operators ain’t hurting for help, my company hardly ever has a opening, and when we do they don’t even need to post the job, let alone put a damn sign in the window.

Some of the places I go out to eat, we’ll they are bitching about not being able to get help “because of covid” and all the “free money” funny thing is they had MASSIVE turn over we’ll before covid hysteria, guess folks have short memories.

That was the first mistake. You paid!

We’ll that’s part of not being a fuck up parent.

Many breed but don’t think of the long game, if my kids can’t get a free ride into their school, damn straight I’ll pay for it, that’s what you’re signing up for being a parent, and I spend more on dumb toys than many non Ivy League school cost anyways.

That said I’ll pay for a career future for my kids, not hobby like the arts or some generic degree.

Gig economy is absorbing workers. Uber drivers etc.

When people were laid off due to covid they picked up these gigs and realized they could make decent money with minimal effort.

These posts are funny.

It’s not that people arnt working, it’s just they don’t want to work at shit holes who treat them and pay them like shit.

The good operators ain’t hurting for help, my company hardly ever has a opening, and when we do they don’t even need to post the job, let alone put a damn sign in the window.

Some of the places I go out to eat, we’ll they are bitching about not being able to get help “because of covid” and all the “free money” funny thing is they had MASSIVE turn over we’ll before covid hysteria, guess folks have short memories.
This.

Covid may be a hoax. The vaccine may be a death vaxx. It certainly was all used to manipulate an election but.......
lots of the workforce died from it.

Reactions: Lightning8
It's one of the great things about being an employee with experience. Your company treats you like shit, bye Felica and on to the next one.

We need a PHD organic chemist but we only pay 60k.....lol

Get fucked businesses, it's about time the employee stands up for themselves.

Last edited:
It's one of the great things about being an employee with experience. Your company treats you like shit, bye Felica and on to the next one.

We need a PHD organic chemist but we only pay 60k.....lol

Get fucked businesses, it's about time employee stand up for themselves.
How much "should" a organic chemist make ? Are you one ?

Minimum 80k with no industrial experience and thats in a low wage state. No I am just a plain run of the mill R&D chemist.
Thanks for the reply . I thought 60k seemed low . I'm just trying to understand this whole job market craziness we have going on .

Many are now professors at Ivy League Colleges pulling $150K a year teaching such courses as: "Basket Weaving", "African Studies", "White People Suck", "I'm Oppressed, You're Oppressed", "Choose Your Gender", "Climate Studies", "Journalism (aka Democrat operative)", etc. etc.
LOL

You forgot "America and Capitalism Suck" and "Why All Your Problems Are Because of Conservative, Straight White Men".

This is part of the issue with inflation and the way our economy is currently structured. Many mega corporations like Walmart could probably afford to pay their employees $30 if they had to in order to operate. If labor was a significant cost problem for Walmart, they wouldn't be paying someone to say hello to you at the door. Because they make so much money, they can respond almost instantly to inflation like we've seen as a result of all the government handouts.

But its much harder for small businesses to raise their wages and keep up because labor is a bigger chunk of their expenses and margins are tighter. It can also be harder for small business to raise prices or they risk losing business. So you end up with this imbalance of skilled technicians making $15 an hour while Walmart is paying $20. Eventually, the market will fix that imbalance, but it can take time. And the longer the imbalance continues, the more damage it does to the economy as a whole because it discourages people from bettering themselves.
There is a flip side to this.

Now I’m on the side of people are lazy and should work for what they what…And most of the time you won’t get it.

Just because there is a perceived imbalance doesn’t mean its bad.

The market will correct as suggested, as it almost always does but 200 years ago a blacksmith and horse shoe guy were in high demand…I bet there were skill/quality issues back then as well.

After a certain amount of time the market corrected with innovation and they are now useless or very specialized and limited in number.

Weather it’s stronger metal, stamping processes, cars, paved roads etc…innovation made them useless in the new economy.

Market correction is not a simple re-centering, it is also combined with innovation and technology.
Do we think in 1890 when US steel said there is a worker shortage we need more labor and then new crop of workers just won’t work hard anymore… that hiring more labor would have been a better correction than utilizing innovative equipment?

It’s a very broad discussion that takes many facets to actually discuss. Then add in division of labor and and trade between countries…and it’s volumes of decisions.

These posts are funny.

Your company sounds like the Government.

Employment in government rose by 57,000 in July but is below its February 2020 level by
597,000, or 2.6 percent. Over the month, employment increased by 37,000 in local government,
mostly in education (+27,000). Employment in local government is below its February 2020
level by 555,000, or 3.8 percent, with the losses split between the education and
non-education components.

While small businesses are struggling to get competent help at an affordable wage, the government can keep on hiring because they have no competition. Not only that but the Government can raise what it charges randomly... They have no budget.

An example:

Reactions: deersniper
Your company sounds like the Government.

Employment in government rose by 57,000 in July but is below its February 2020 level by
597,000, or 2.6 percent. Over the month, employment increased by 37,000 in local government,
mostly in education (+27,000). Employment in local government is below its February 2020
level by 555,000, or 3.8 percent, with the losses split between the education and
non-education components.

While small businesses are struggling to get competent help at an affordable wage, the government can keep on hiring because they have no competition. Not only that but the Government can raise what it charges randomly... They have no budget.

An example:

This is going to be hard to accept, but there are industries and markets where salary is- essentially- insignificant relative to other costs, including the opportunity cost of moving to a lower wage area…

Reactions: 308pirate
This is going to be hard to accept, but there are industries and markets where salary is- essentially- insignificant relative to other costs, including the opportunity cost of moving to a lower wage area…
True. There used to be cheap power in the Pacific Northwest for the aluminum smelters. Rates were raised and smelters shut down. That power was hydro electric... Go figure.
Pulp and paper mills are the same. Located close to trees that are a renewable resource.
Commerce on the Mississippi River is similar.
Regional economics... Power, water, transportation, etc all come at a cost.
There are some giant computers running wide open figuring the spread sheets. The commodities futures are a good barometer now for what's to come in the next 12 months.

Covid may be a hoax. The vaccine may be a death vaxx. It certainly was all used to manipulate an election but.......
lots of the workforce died from it.
No they didn't. Latest numbers coming from England's Health Agency is only about 10% of reported Covid Deaths were actually from Covid. The vast majority were people who died from something else, while they had covid or got covid while in the hospital or had a false positive becuase the tests cant tell the difference between the flu and covid.

No more people died during covid than normally do in the same cycle, unless you want to add suicide from the policies and shutdowns.

And I am convinced than many of those deaths were preventable. The Protocols being used (Ventilator and drugs that kill you) is what actually was killing people. Had people just taken some Ivermectin and Monoclodials (Every single person I knew who did this treatment, recovered fast, Everyone I know who went to a hospital and got put on ventilators, died). The healthcare system was literately killing patients, just like they did early in the AIDS epidemic.

So you cant blame covid deaths on lack of people working. People just got smarter.

Reactions: HD1911
These posts are funny.

Right!! This is how the market places upward pressure on wages. This is why we needed at least some inflation a long time ago, to upset the complacency that we'd gotten into. This is capitalism at work. The idea that employers shouldn't be competing for the best employees was lost for 40+ years in the data, and it's time for there to be changes.

There is really no such thing as a "labor shortage," just a disconnect between what firms are offering and what people will accept. As long as there's a gap between those things, we call it a shortage, but absent making life miserable for people so they have to work for less, the market solution is for both sides to come together and find something they can live with. Right now, there's a huge gap with room for negotiation.

25-30 yr olds living at home with mom and dad.

I cannot even comprehend that. When I left at 18 I knew that was never an option so I never even considered it. I would have been so ashamed of myself if I had ever even asked to move back and even if I had, I know what the answer would have been.

Depends on the circumstances, I lived with my parents until I was 27 with no issues and they didn’t make me pay rent. Instead I worked for 6 years after college as an engineer saving up so that instead of pissing away money renting or buying a starter home when I did move out it was into a 4 bedroom house that I plan to raise a family in.

Right!! This is how the market places upward pressure on wages. This is why we needed at least some inflation a long time ago, to upset the complacency that we'd gotten into. This is capitalism at work. The idea that employers shouldn't be competing for the best employees was lost for 40+ years in the data, and it's time for there to be changes.

There is really no such thing as a "labor shortage," just a disconnect between what firms are offering and what people will accept. As long as there's a gap between those things, we call it a shortage, but absent making life miserable for people so they have to work for less, the market solution is for both sides to come together and find something they can live with. Right now, there's a huge gap with room for negotiation.
It isn’t that straightforward. Customers are pulling back on their spending while the costs of goods to produce those end items are going up. Profits are taking an absolute beating. It’s not the fault of the workers at all, but volume becomes dependent on market share and if that’s shrinking it becomes a catch 22. An owner has a decision to make: pay what he can or close the doors. Closing the doors means no money for employees or their families. Which is better?

It isn’t that straightforward. Customers are pulling back on their spending while the costs of goods to produce those end items are going up. Profits are taking an absolute beating. It’s not the fault of the workers at all, but volume becomes dependent on market share and if that’s shrinking it becomes a catch 22. An owner has a decision to make: pay what he can or close the doors. Closing the doors means no money for employees or their families. Which is better?
Now you have changed lanes in the conversation, you have a market shortage and not a labor/worker shortage. With a smaller market to sell to you don't need or want more employees as you need to reduce output to match the market.

Here is the problem in a nutshell:

fredgraph.png

Over the past two decades, real wages have been flat while GDP doubled and corporate profits have gone up by a factor of 4x. Virtually everything that people need to buy in order to live got more expensive over this period of time as well. So maybe don't be surprised if workers are using a tight labor environment as leverage, because they certainly haven't been on the receiving end of a square deal in a very long time.