• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where the F are all the employees and where are they getting their money ?

I have been asking that question for months. How are these people who aren't working paying their bills? Every single outfit that works for me is way way understaffed. Even with the huge reduction the biden regime has given us in work load, everyone and evwhere is seriously in need of more help and they can't find it. So what are all these people who used to be employed doing to pay ther bills?

welfare-please-its-always-sunny-quotes.gif

25-30 yr olds living at home with mom and dad.
I know there's a lot of that, my BIL is one of them, but that was the case a few years ago too, but there wasn't this massive shortage of people working in the way there is now.

I know there's a lot of that, my BIL is one of them, but that was the case a few years ago too, but there wasn't this massive shortage of people working in the way there is now.
I think I read 50ish% of 18-29 yr olds live with a parent. That was months ago.

• Wow
Reactions: RUTGERS95
When living in Austin a few years ago, a radio show hosted a “homeless girl” on how she survived.
On $60K in vouchers per year.
All public assistance.
Free healthcare.
Free housing (in a very desirable neighborhood).
Free food.
Free public transportation.
Free college classes.

Her scheme was clever.
Piss off employers during job interviews, so “she‘s looking for a job” but no one will hire her
(But ”she’s trying”).
Pretend to be pregnant.
Dispute the negative pregnancy test, and file a claim to appeal the decision.
Drop the appeal before the decision then refill as pregnant.
I’m thinking I’m going to retire in a few years, maybe move to Austin and claim to be man-pregnant.

When living in Austin a few years ago, a radio show hosted a “homeless girl” on how she survived.
On $60K in vouchers per year.
All public assistance.
Free healthcare.
Free housing (in a very desirable neighborhood).
Free food.
Free public transportation.
Free college classes.

Her scheme was clever.
Piss off employers during job interviews, so “she‘s looking for a job” but no one will hire her
(But ”she’s trying”).
Pretend to be pregnant.
Dispute the negative pregnancy test, and file a claim to appeal the decision.
Drop the appeal before the decision then refill as pregnant.
I’m thinking I’m going to retire in a few years, maybe move to Austin and claim to be man-pregnant.
More suffering from suffrage

I cannot even comprehend that. When I left at 18 I knew that was never an option so I never even considered it. I would have been so ashamed of myself if I had ever even asked to move back and even if I had, I know what the answer would have been.
That's the problem. The parents, the lack of shame (because that's mean and might hurt feelings).... All of the boys at my house knew there were 3 options when you graduated high school. Military, College, or Career. (Not some menial job). You were told point blank that you will not be sitting around their house all day, period. We also knew they meant it. 3 went to college and 1 to Military. None sat around the house, nor did we want to honestly. We wanted to go make our own way.

What about those millions of people crossing the border? Where the fuck are they? You ought not be able to swing a dead cat and hit one looking for a yob.
Ive been asking this question for a almost two years. I can't find subs because they can't find people to work.

I asked one "How do they buy beer, beans, fajita meat, gas and money for scratch-off tickets if they don't work?" He didn't have an answer.

Then I asked an Hispanic guy pouring concrete, Where are all the millions of illegals coming over the border supposedly looking for work, working? He said many are selling drugs, which is true. And they keep their business within the 'immigrant community'.

But they all can't be sellers and the others need money to buy his product so the question remains.

Ive been asking this question for a almost two years. I can't find subs because they can't find people to work.

I asked one "How do they buy beer, beans, fajita meat, gas and money for scratch-off tickets if they don't work?" He didn't have an answer.

Then I asked an Hispanic guy pouring concrete, Where are all the millions of illegals coming over the border supposedly looking for work, working? He said many are selling drugs, which is true. And they keep their business within the 'immigrant community'.

But they all can't be sellers and the others need money to buy his product so the question remains.
They do other jobs the cartels need done don’t really get a choice to be fair, or do lawns/sprinklers/cleaning here.

I too have pondered this. I think the root of the problem is baby boomers retiring early during Covid en-masse. A whole shitload of people in their mid-50’s and older looked at all the bullshit happening during covid, then looked at the size of their retirement accounts and decided “fuck this, I’m out.” And what employers are finding is that it takes 2-3 young people to replace one boomer because they don’t know how to work.

Some moved in with parents and others moved on to higher paying jobs or moms stayed home because they actually figured out how much they were bringing home and it wasn’t much more than nothing. Toss in millions of illegals consuming goods over and above what is normal and you have a shortage for everything.

??

I’m sure those parasites will never miss a meal or AC/Heat or retirement
ok, here are my questions for you...
What are you looking to have done, and can't find anyone to do it?...
Contruction/trades related?
Landscaping/yardwork related?
Restaurant/food related?
Are you a retired, or a baby boomer?
Thanks

ok, here are my questions for you...
What are you looking to have done, and can't find anyone to do it?...
Contruction/trades related?
Landscaping/yardwork related?
Restaurant/food related?
Are you a retired, or a baby boomer?
Thanks
Truck drivers
Equipment operators/mechanics
General Labor ie mow power wash clean up etc

Jack and shit around. And the ones you do get you’re on tip toes around cause who’s going to replace them. They can get away with things that should get you fired or disciplined.

I’m Gen X

Doesn’t help that the yellow truck parasites , blue gang , other .gov parasites are always hiring more people to sit around and do nothing for a paycheck extorted from the tax slave.
Add in the big construction companies that get BS t and e contracts from the state.

I too have pondered this. I think the root of the problem is baby boomers retiring early during Covid en-masse. A whole shitload of people in their mid-50’s and older looked at all the bullshit happening during covid, then looked at the size of their retirement accounts and decided “fuck this, I’m out.” And what employers are finding is that it takes 2-3 young people to replace one boomer because they don’t know how to work.
There's likely some truth to this. Not sure this explains it all but this is probably some of it

Truck drivers

Jack and shit around. And the ones you do get you’re on tip toes around cause who’s going to replace them. They can get away with things that should get you fired or disciplined.
Are you retired/ a baby boomer?

There is a lot of this going on. I know of several people that are recently retired or in the process. The ones I've talked to have said they don't want to deal with the stress of another major economic downturn. The people stepping up into these positions Suck.

Truck drivers

I’m Gen X

Doesn’t help that the yellow truck parasites , blue gang , other .gov parasites are always hiring more people to sit around and do nothing for a paycheck extorted from the tax slave.
Add in the big construction companies that get BS t and e contracts from the state.
You might want to look at how much you are offering the people to work for you. I've seen fast food at $19/hr recently.

A lot of us baby boomers have just pulled the plug and retired due to all the corporate BS. That doesn't mean we wouldn't work at lesser jobs that we could have fun at. (Productive fun not F around fun) You might need to look in different spots and in different ways to locate semi retired workers, you may also need to be a little more flexible in how many hours or days you are expecting them to work.

Pay enough money and you'll eventually find someone willing to take the job.
For way too long big business and corporations have been used to paying employees way less than they were worth.
Folks finally wizened up to the scam once the Democrats started handing out enough benefits that people had a choice not to work.

The problem for smaller businesses is of course that they may simply not be able to sustain employing people if they have to pay them enough to stay because the customers have a limit on how much they will pay for goods and services.

If the job won't pay at least $50k a year, you might be better off lining up at the local Democrat voter recruitment office and telling them you'll vote democrat as many times a day as they want, just hand over the benefits. If you have any kids, there is almost no doubt about it.

Even the Mexicans have wised up and you can't get any of them to work cheap, most of them want close to $200 a day if you need workers around here.
They of course want that in cash so they can still claim to be poor and unemployed and get government benefits.

I don't feel sorry for the big corporations, especially when you see stupid CEOs on social media going on about how they hope the recession hits hard so they can abuse employees and treat them as slaves and make them work longer for less pay because they are desperate.

Of course in the end everything is going to hit a wall and probably be worse than the great depression but that's going to happen anyways, it's just a matter of how soon.

But if you think it's bad now, I predict in about 10 to 15 years, unless things change dramatically, it will be hard to get anyone to come work because there actually won't be very many folks eligible to work. The depopulation from the DeathVaxx, sickness, keeling over from drugs, and from turning folks against having families and kids will be in full swing and there will be a huge amount of demand for services but very few workers to provide the service.

I have been asking that question for months. How are these people who aren't working paying their bills? Every single outfit that works for me is way way understaffed. Even with the huge reduction the biden regime has given us in work load, everyone and evwhere is seriously in need of more help and they can't find it. So what are all these people who used to be employed doing to pay ther bills?
As the Boomers retire and leave the work force - there are few young people joining the work force from the bottom to begin to fill the void.

As long as young adults can still live in Mom and Dad's basement, mooch a few bucks, and borrow the car - there's no good reason to bother getting a real job. The fridge is always full. Mom does the laundry. The "Helicopter Parents" have absolutely destroyed their children's ability to stand on their own two feet by never forcing them from the nest like they were when they were young. Now their children don't know how to work, have no idea what work ethic even is, and have zero drive to go figure it out. Can we actually blame them? Would you be working if somebody paid your way and the heaviest thing you had to pick up was a game controller?

"Hey Mom! Don't forget to pickup another case of beer at the store!"

Even though most younger folks I know own businesses or have high paying jobs....keep the boomer hate flowing. As someone who been job hunting most places never respond, or don’t pay anything. Guy was bitching the other day he can’t get diesel mechanics, he pays 12-15 an hour no one is going to be a certified mechanic for $20-30,000 a year.

Jobs want 5-8 years experience for “entry level” and once again pay nothing. They want all the qualifications of a seasoned employee but don’t want to pay for them. My last job bitched and moaned constantly about being short handed but refuse to hire anyone and fire the ones who didn’t do anything.

I never took a day off during the kungflu, and we were treated like shit everyday when we showed up to work. I ran my part of the place I know what kind of money we pulled in and all they did was bitch and moan. I had record numbers during Rona, and beat those by 48% the next year on my own still just constantly bitched. Not to mention shoving far left ideas and CRT down you’re throat in required training.

Last edited:
??

I’m sure those parasites will never miss a meal or AC/Heat or retirement
The Biden administration. Reperations for the lazy no good motherfuckers! Meanwhile, the man who does the right things suffer! It’s all in the good book!

Reactions: SBRSarge
Having been in the trades/blue collar fields, for over 30 years this is what I see, am being told by others...

There isn't one answer to what is causing this labor shortage.
But here's a few to get people to see what's going on...

There is so much money coming into the economy from retirees, stock market/investments, inheritance, that the demand for tradesman/truckers cannot and probably will not keep up for many years.

MANY people are spending/investing their money in their homes (or what ever else), versus keeping it in an uncertain stock market.

That money is coming into the trades as such a fast/high rate, that ALL contractors cannot keep up with the demand.

When it comes to construction trades, the first and best place to look is trade school enrollment. Is that up or down in the last 10 years in your area? around here it's up considerably...but not enough for demand

There is alot of competition between the various trades for the prospective/incoming workers, that there are now so-called "wage wars" going on to recruit these new workers. Either through actual wage, housing, bonuses...

This is a big one..and will piss people off....how many of you do NOT do work around your house/property that people would have done on there own, 10, 20, 40 years ago?...

This includes:
-Landscaping
-Gardening/Flowers
-Lawn care of any type
-Contruction of any type
-Delivery (did you pay extra to have that load of "whatever" dropped off..or did you do it yourself)?
-How about sealing your driveway?
-Washing your home/siding/deck?
-Cleaning gutters?
-Leveling your gravel driveway?
-Spraying for weeds?
-Do you go to the store, or do you buy online, and have your products shipped to you by a truckers?
-Do you cook your own meals/food, or do you go out to eat at a restaurant alot?

Are any of you still doing all of these yourself?...
Or are you paying someone to do it?...

The prospective labor pool is being torn in all directions with the high demand to "have someone else do it for you"...

I have 1 of of my 3 boys that is lazy AF.
He lives with his GF and she works he does just enough Gig work to pay for gaming and booze but won't get a job.
He does spend his weekends fishing so theres that.
I love that we paid for him to get a masters in business from OU and all that six sigma crap.

I’d agree with you.
Although by definition,anyone under 58 isn’t a baby boomer fwiw

Reactions: Namekagon
THIS. I worked in heavy industry and corporate assumed that everyone would work until age 70. We saw the "grey tsunami" of retirements start before COVID and just exploded during COVID. Part COVID BS and a lot of tired of "WOKE" BS. Obamacare helps as it provides a health insurance safety net before MEDICARE kicks in at 65 - no one talks about that.

Don't look at "unemployment rate" look at "labor participation rate".

Another trend is teenagers are not working as much - used to be fast food etc. staffed by teenagers working to buy a car, pay toward college, something - now parents/government pay for all.

Another reason is in regards to prospective high school aged workers...
So many of them are playing sports 9-12 months out of the year, chasing the chance at a scholarship and playing college levels sports.
They don't have time to work

The part he left out was:

"There are more people working for the Government now than ever..."
That's kind of the way it is in my neck of the woods.
Some are retired those that are still working say 28% have some type of .gov job.
The other day I horse-laugh my nearest neighbor right to his face.
We were at the mailbox when every homeowner in the county received a letter from the assessor.
Every property owner in the graciously received a raise in property tax.
Man he pissed.
He works for the city and is so stupid he doesn't realize that HE IS the reason property taxes went up.
This guy works for a city 30 miles away from his home drives a city owned pick up truck home every night draws a property tax paid paycheck then has the guts to bitch about property taxes.

Last edited:
I'm trying to leave Maryland and have been sending out job applications to companies out west. Indeed tells me how many people applied for the same job. The vast majority of the time, it's dozens or hundreds of people, for relatively entry level stuff.

And I agree with what akmike said, a lot of places want way too much for way too little.

Another reason is in regards to prospective high school aged workers...
So many of them are playing sports 9-12 months out of the year, chasing the chance at a scholarship and playing college levels sports.
They don't have time to work
As long as somebody else is feeding, clothing and housing them. Why would they worry about getting a job?

Reactions: deersniper
Having been in the trades/blue collar fields, for over 30 years this is what I see, am being told by others...

There isn't one answer to what is causing this labor shortage.
But here's a few to get people to see what's going on...

There is so much money coming into the economy from retirees, stock market/investments, inheritance, that the demand for tradesman/truckers cannot and probably will not keep up for many years.

MANY people are spending/investing their money in their homes (or what ever else), versus keeping it in an uncertain stock market.

That money is coming into the trades as such a fast/high rate, that ALL contractors cannot keep up with the demand.

When it comes to construction trades, the first and best place to look is trade school enrollment. Is that up or down in the last 10 years in your area? around here it's up considerably...but not enough for demand

There is alot of competition between the various trades for the prospective/incoming workers, that there are now so-called "wage wars" going on to recruit these new workers. Either through actual wage, housing, bonuses...

This is a big one..and will piss people off....how many of you do NOT do work around your house/property that people would have done on there own, 10, 20, 40 years ago?...

This includes:
-Landscaping
-Gardening/Flowers
-Lawn care of any type
-Contruction of any type
-Delivery (did you pay extra to have that load of "whatever" dropped off..or did you do it yourself)?
-How about sealing your driveway?
-Washing your home/siding/deck?
-Cleaning gutters?
-Leveling your gravel driveway?
-Spraying for weeds?
-Do you go to the store, or do you buy online, and have your products shipped to you by a truckers?
-Do you cook your own meals/food, or do you go out to eat at a restaurant alot?

Are any of you still doing all of these yourself?...
Or are you paying someone to do it?...

The prospective labor pool is being torn in all directions with the high demand to "have someone else do it for you"...
Yiu seem to have missed the .gov parasites

That is a BIG part of the equation.

And the welfare. Guess that’s kind of the same thing. But at least the welfare rats aren’t wearing out new vehicles

I work 60-100+. Mowing grass mulching etc isn’t something I’m going to be doing

I asked one Hispanic that owned a stone mason company if he could knock out a project for me and he said he didn't have any masons to do it.

He said the ones he could find do such a shit job he has to re do it himself and if he gets on their ass and tries to correct them they walk off.

Yiu seem to have missed the .gov parasites

That is a BIG part of the equation.

And the welfare. Guess that’s kind of the same thing. But at least the welfare rats aren’t wearing out new vehicles

I work 60-100+. Mowing grass mulching etc isn’t something I’m going to be doing
I work 60-70...and I do all the above on the list, except ship my packages, and empty my septic...:)
Guess we are different that way.

Reactions: thejeep